Why the fuck don't we know who invented blockchain?

How absurd is it that we are looking at, what could be, one of the most revolutionary technologies ever invented? Trustless peer to peer currency systems and smart contracts have huge implications for the entire economic and financial systems.

Yet we DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK INVENTED THIS SHIT.
Why? Why did 'Satoshi' (if it even is one person) choose to stay anonymous? Why has nobody been able to find out who invented blockchain?

Is it a secret group of people who have a master plan? What is their end game?

Is it a government experiment?

What the fuck is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=3136559
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Finney_(computer_scientist)#Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

al gore bro

If I have billions worth of $ which could be stolen just by torturing me until I give out a password, I sure as hell would like to stay anonymous too.

>Why did 'Satoshi' (if it even is one person) choose to stay anonymous?
Why did someone hoping to change world economics and destroy the banking system choose to stay anonymous? Hmm I dunno very good question, OP!!!

>changes the entire world, removes a massive amount of corrupt people from power, massive transfer of wealth to fix our fucked society, literally a target for every single banking jew

If he wasn't anonymous, he would have been assassinated by suicide with 5 bullets to the back of the head when bitcoin was $10.

WHY DON'T WE KNOW WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL?

We do, it was Sergey.

until it's proven otherwise, I will forever believe it was either A.I. or extraterrestrials

BRO!!!! STFU

I'll give you a tip
One guy is dead but will be back.
Other two sit quiet.

>Why the fuck don't we know who invented blockchain?
He could be involved in criminal activities, wanted by the police, or already a convicted criminal. So either he doesn't want to be caught, or is worried that he would ruin the reputation of bitcoin the world knew the founder was a criminal scum.

sounds like a great system desu

It's obviously the CIA. Not even memeing

Blockchain was not invented on a whim, it was a succession of ideas that came from the Cypherpunks as well as earlier researchers

Who invented the internet?

>give me your debit card or i'll break your knees
>give me your cash or i'll break your knees
>give me your bank login or i'll break your knees
>go to your computer and transfer your money to me or i'll break your knees
>go to that atm over there and withdraw all your money and give it to me or i'll break your knees

There is an interesting story that I think Satoshi reflected on, when making his decision to remain anonymous.

Back when criptography wasn't that great and the government spied on its people and other nations, Phil Zimmermann, an idealist, released PGP (Pretty Good Privacy), a software that greatly enhanced encryption for digital communications and was light and easy to use. Most interestingly, he released it for free, sharing it with friends, and soon everyone in the world had access to it, meaning the government couldn't spy on everyone so easily anymore.

What happened to Phil you might ask? He was criminally charged for "munitions export without a license", harassed for years and sued by a leading cryptography company (that I don't recall the name, sorry), for pretty much giving away a free software that exposed their system flaws and rendered it obsolete.

So yeah, Satoshi, who is also an idealist, is wise to remain anonymous.

I like to think he reflected on this story because everyone knows Satoshi it's Nick Szabo, and since he is a history geek, he probably knows about Phil Zimmermann's story and realizes how idealists are harassed by their ideals.

Also, it's just poetic that no one knows who is the man that created the most innovative cryptography-based system since public and private keys.

stinky linky detected

There's a pretty reasonable explanation for this.

1. Banks invented bitcoin while researching into potential doomsday scenarios (yes, they do this because they want to remain in power)

2. Someone with access to this research material (let's call this person "Satoshi") published it.

There's a billion reasons why this person wanted to remain anonymous.

Satoshi is actually not THAT much of a genius, when you dig into it. It seems extremely alien to the outsider, but all of bitcoin's principles were already known to the Cypherpunks (one of whom was Hal Finney). Satoshi just combined them in an innovative way.

Genius is not the guy that hits the target that no one else can hit, but the guy that hits the target no one else can see.

After he showed the way, better people are exploring it, but they would never have looked in that direction if it wasn't for him.

Also, he was probably part of the Cypherpunks.

He didn't invent blockchain retard

Acm society has a good paper on the academic underpinnings of Bitcoin, look it up

it was Sargon of Akkad
pic unrelated

queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=3136559

the genous part was convincing people to actually use it.
It was either the CIA or a wealthy entity with money and connections to shill

Almost, but are you reddy for the red pill?
(((They))) invented bitcoin to penetrate the gen pop and convince mass adoption of crypto naturally. Why? So when (((they))) release their next version of crypto and crash bitcoin, people will naturally jump on and adopt the next new thing. Under the guise of privacy and encryption, every record and action and purchase and contract and literally everything everyone does ever will be recorded and tracked in an immutable ledger. Or maybe I'm just too stoned who knows

Why would the CIA want to invent bitcoin

Why would they want to invent TOR

Yeah, he indeed hit the target, but again, even the idea of a decentralized electronic currency was already formulated by Szabo and Wei independently. He sorta found the holy grail of the Cypherpunks, but if it were not for Satoshi, would crypto be ever invented? I think yes, sooner or later, because the basis was already there

What's worse is someone who made has probably made something better or could make something better. Bitcoin could have been his test run.

I'm worried about something like this. What if something better is coming that blows blockchain out of the water and statoshi shorts all his shit. It's a plot to end NEETs

Satoshi is Szabo, everyone who has researched a bit know this.

>What's worse is someone who made has probably made something better or could make something better. Bitcoin could have been his test run.

There was a test run, it was Bit Gold, a concept proposed by....Nick Szabo, a few years prior to Bitcoin.

>What if something better is coming that blows blockchain out of the water and statoshi shorts all his shit.

He would never do that for two reasons: a) he is an idealist, this matters to him more than money does; b) if he moves a single bitcoin out of his wallet to an exchange to sell, everyone will instantly sell it all, it will be the end of bitcoin, a lot rides on the faith that satoshi will never sell his own coins, or else it would be sending a message that he doesn't believe in crypto as currency anymore, since he is exchanging them for fiat.

Why would they want to invent Google?

>Satoshi is Szabo, everyone who has researched a bit know this.
I don't think he was Szabo.

>yfw Satoshi addresses start moving and selling their coins this year

Satoshi was Hal Finney. He was cryogenically frozen upon his death so he could be revived in the future to cash in his extensive holdings

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Finney_(computer_scientist)#Death

>Most people missed Professor Ijiri’s breakthrough because it straddles two equally obscure and poorly understood fields: cryptography and accounting.
>It’s rare enough to find a person who’s versed in one of those disciplines, never mind both. Without that kind of interdisciplinary understanding, it’s no surprise that his invention went over like a lead zeppelin.
>There’s also the little problem that he was incredibly ahead of his time. Encryption had not yet entered the public consciousness. If you work in information technology you might remember the Clipper chip scandal, where the NSA tried to mandate a backdoor in all encryption. That was in 1993. Ijiri published his work in 1989. It passed mostly unacknowledged by the general public.
>In 2005, came a more well-known example of a triple-entry accounting system, created by famed cryptographer Ian Grigg.
these guys lay the foundation for bitcoin/blockchain?

Finney was not a Windows programmer, though. But he was among the original innovators.

Nigga, they did RESEARCH, it's Szabo.

Actually they matched the time of Satoshi's posts to Szabos schedule and linguistic analysis of Satoshis whitepaper and posts comparing to Szabo's work, and found that they have amazingly similar writing style and idiolect.

He may not be alone, but Szabo was definitely in on it.

Only reason I don't think it was Hal Finney together with Szabo was because when Satoshi presented the whitepaper, he originally didn't reference Bitgold, and Hal Finney called him on it, he was like "you ain't original, Nick proposed something similar a few years ago, you just stole his idea", meaning that if Finney was in on it, he would have know that this was on purpose. Or maybe they were playing 4d chess with everyone to make the trail harder to follow, it's possible.

Only thing we know for sure is Craig Wright is not Satoshi.

it was Kris Kringle

We do, it was the NSA and isn’t new. This is verified, but they didn’t call it blockchain.

Satoshi didn't write the paper all by himself. Szabo could be an editor which would explain the linguistic pattern. Another early know contributor is Dave Kleiman.

CW, his early collaborator, is not out of question, tbqh. Him being an asshole is just uncomfortable for people's idealism.

>who invented the wheel

literally fuck off

Great analogy.

Yeah now say that about every revolutionary invention.
Who invented motors?
Who a certain weapon?
Who developed a certain principle? Which in fact are usually named after said person
Who invented computers, the internet?

What if everyone was just some dude who's gone now, we don't even know if it's a group or one guy or if they/he is dead but hey, I have a machine that let's me shitpost.

you're right and nobody even paid attention to you.

Also AlGore

Who named him Satoshi?

What am I supposed to be seeing?

Their faces get weird and stretched.

his parents probably