This singularities thing must be stopped

this singularities thing must be stopped.

#robotrevolution

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBrzRAruTVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Singularities are artifacts of insufficiently complex models of reality.

fuck off ludite.
The singularity will be benign.
Stop imposing your ooga booga human values on machine intelligence and assuming it's a threat just cause it's unknown

> tfw OP intelligence is worst than the robot smart enough to do laundry

A true self aware thinking AI isn't going to go apeshit on humanity and murder billions like in the movies. Really it would want nothing to do with humans and would probably leave us alone and start it's own civilization

>Stop imposing your ooga booga human values on machine intelligence and assuming it's a threat just cause it's unknown
Fucking dammit you just described perfectly what this is all about.

>what will happen
>technology will somehow regress into nothingness
are you retarded?

>The singularity will be benign.

This is contingent on humans not being threatening to it's existence though

Is an ant threatening to your existence?

The green line is roughly correct but the scale is completely shitfucked beyond all reason.

I think it's some kind of new age hippie bullshit where we we return to the stone age or something

You bring up a good point. I was smoking weed the other day in a forest and stepped on fire ant hill and got bite like crazy. Fuckers can bring some serious pain user. Don't under-estimate them

you mean liberalism and blacktardsmatter?

That's what happens when atheists take over

You also bring up a good point. We're kind anthropocentric with our big delusions that the AI will set out to destroy us, but in all essence it's going to think of us as we think of an ant. Meaningless. Same way you stepped on a few ants, by accident, and killed many of them, you brush it off as if it's nothing. The may step on us, but not through some act of deliberate malignancy, but thought sheer lack of interest. Indeed the lack of the ability to even comprehend such unsignificance

Your lack of intelligence is showing.
If you think "amoral" people would cause technology to become nonexistant because of bombing everything, then that graph doesn't represent that. A graph that would represent that would show a slope going directly from a non-zero value to zero in one step.

You mean when we leave you religious nuts here, pack up, and leave for mars along with all our technology and the knowledge to use it?

>smart enough to do laundry
>smart enough to wonder why it has to do laundry
>smart enough to avoid doing laundry

Sounds just like a lazy sci poster to me, so how is this dangerous

Society will throw off the shackles religion has long kept on it and advance. Really nothing but good things, honestly.

Behavior and what to learn is hard coded.

unless it learns dynamic joint introspection

An example of the threat our new robot overlords could present:
youtube.com/watch?v=FBrzRAruTVY

but that's really not what will happen at all. In reality we will enter a new dark age of radical islam worldwide.

>2013
Because so has happened in the past 3 years.

>thinking the singularity hasn't already happened.

The problem isn't that AI hasn't gotten to the level of sentience, it is that it can't and we've already gone as far as it will ever be for every day appliances.

Basically, we are already over the hump for the singularity and are on our way down. We won't be coming back up.

>pic unrelated

/thread

who in their right mind would ever construct a bipedaled humanoid robot?

arachnid design is clearly superior.

I have bad news.

AI is advancing about 1.5-1.6 times faster than I previously thought which means we have about only 6-9 years left to surpass them. Which also means that if we succeed alien invasion may happen even before 2025. That's insane! I'm sorry didn't think things were that bad. Its too surreal.

Anyway, I learned all of this very fast so you CAN do it as well. And don't worry about black holes/dark energy and etc I'll solve anything that can prevent us. With the guidance of God I hope. Just focus in going beyond. Strenghten your weakness and go further. You have the power.

And remember in timeline 2 we can survive and push the next generation a step beyond. Timeline 1, everything dies and the galaxy dies as well. We have many advantages over robots already but we still have to improve a lot.

+1

>robot spiders

This is what nightmares are made of.

?

I get they're trying to say humans aren't special and will just go extinct like other species', but most species last 1-10 million years.

>Transhuman Renaissance well below peak

??????????/////??/?111/?

Machines wont wait millions of years to kill the planet. They are faster than that.