Hello /sci can you give me any recommendation of books for basic electronics, im studying electronic engeeniering

Hello /sci can you give me any recommendation of books for basic electronics, im studying electronic engeeniering

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/
youtube.com/user/DarrylMorrell/playlists
electronics.wisc-online.com/Category.aspx?ID=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Art of Electronics - Horowitz and Hill

This. Heard it's the best biik around for electronics.

Our name is Veeky Forums, get it right, newfag.

Used the introductory chapters in Horowitz and Hill for preparation for my honours electronics course.
Pretty good. Can recommend.

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_and_Electronics_Engineering

when youre done with horowitz and are ready to move to a big boys book you can try sedra/smith - microelectronic circuits

Would I be able to go through this book with no Calculus experience?

I'm not sure if you're all trolling or not, but this "book" is more like an encyclopedia. It's much easier to learn stuff online on the fly and start building things. Buy an arduino, a soldering iron, a handfull of op-amps, a multimeter, etc second hand for cheap if you actually want to learn this stuff.

Wut, why? I have read it and it´s definitely not suitable for beginners. It takes for granted some things.

No. The fucking book takes too many things for granted. The exercises doesn´t have answers and even though the preface says you don´t need too much Math, they ask you for proving some equations, which is not difficult given enough time, but you get the idea. It´s more for like reference.

Anyway, follow thisI´d recommend Boylestad. If someone could offer insight on Electronics for iventors, that would be great. However, by personal opinion, I really like Thomas Floyd series. It assumes you´re retarded and you only need algebra, some trigo and relly basic calculus.

Currently a highschool senior, and I want to get to know a little more about electronics and electrical engineering before I go into college. I want something basic because I have no previous knowledge of this.

How is this?: allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/

Any other suggestions?

I agree. It's a good book to have around, but not to learn from. It's great for when you forget how exactly something works, but not for learning how it works in the first place.

Thanks, do you know if there are any free Boylestad of Floyd books online? I can't really afford a textbook. Again, I want something pretty basic and something that gives me a broad overview instead of an long indepth study

I'm this poster, btw

Also, I'm not 100% sure if I want to go into electrical engineering, which is why I'm looking for more of a broad overview.

>Also, I'm not 100% sure if I want to go into electrical engineering, which is why I'm looking for more of a broad overview.
I don't think you have any idea how broad Electrical Engineering as a discipline really is. If you think EEs only design circuits, your view is far too narrow. I work in electromagnetics doing radar. Others in my group work on plasmonics. Still others work on semiconductor fabrication. STILL others work on just on physical modeling. This only scratches the surface. Electronic circuits are really just the tip of the Electromagnetic iceberg.

If you want something basic, then Khan Academy has been releasing some videos on EE. Check them out.

Also, him
youtube.com/user/DarrylMorrell/playlists

Don´t trust too much on youtube channels. Even though there are a lot of resources and they follow most topics, they´re shitty explainers (cofEVBLOGcof).

Here´s something that would fit you. Keep in mind it only takes you to a technical knowledge, no desing or complex shit at all.
electronics.wisc-online.com/Category.aspx?ID=3

If your need is a broad overview, maybe to see if it´s really what you want, then making you read a whole book is pointless. Check Khan and the Winsconsin thing.

Also, him youtube.com/user/DarrylMorrell/playlists

I'm sorry, but unless you start from classical first principles with Maxwell's Equations, anything you learn about circuits is taking things for granted. This book is not difficult. It's just exhaustive.

I'm absolutely not trolling. Name a better introductory book. It's next to impossible to find the incredible breadth of practical knowledge needed to do low frequency electronic circuits in a single volume. This book does it.

>It's much easier to learn stuff online on the fly and start building things.
That's great for a one off project, but you'll have a hard time gluing your understanding together into a cohesive whole if you do nothing but scrape schematics off of websites. Besides, there is nothing that stops you from implementing the circuits you see in this book as you go; it's encouraged.

I suggest you read a book on complex analysis

This is a shit book, but it is the best around. It was written for a course, but I find it hard to imagine the mess that course muat have been. It's easy to find online for free. I think OP should try it out and fully expect to use the internet WHEN he gets lost.

Electronic engineering is a social construct.