What's the lowest IQ you'd accept living with without suicide?

What's the lowest IQ you'd accept living with without suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dysgenic
brainsize.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/the-iqs-of-academic-elites/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

higher than op's

If my IQ was low enough I don't think I would worry about it

If you have enough IQ to kill yourself you very have enough to do whatever you want.
It's just a question of how you spend your time, if your IQ is low you actually want more, not less of that.

0, because IQ has NO scientific basis.

That's a simple and efficient explanation.

Personally I would say 130.
But for most people I think if you are over 100 you can be satisfied just knowing you are above average.

6million

I've lived with health problems in enough ways, and long enough, that I've seen a bit too much as far as how it is to live with your mind crippled or otherwise working poorly.

If I permanently lost any mental abilities I was using heavily, I'd probably eventually kill myself. If I functionally became what I see as a stupid or myopic person, and still possessed the means to be aware of it, I would kill myself.

Preferred method if I could access my memory, would be to wait until winter, travel to Boston, then jump off the bridge into the bay. If the impact didn't damage you enough, and you happen to float somehow, you will certainly freeze before being fished out. It's idiot proof.

160 OP but I already have 156, I did considered killing myself :'(

oops I mean "only"

please kill yourself

/thread

yeah kids, human value completely expressed in one number. you got it.. the whole picture. great work (slow clap from corner of room.... clapper gags and vomit trickles out of mouth onto shirt... keeps clapping)
wait 10 years. if it still seems so important.... that will be a mental problem no number can fix

I think what OP is referring to is consciously knowing you are a fucking retard despite being an autist.

Under 100 would simply not reproduce. Of course this notion is from a mind of 150+ IQ, but we're speaking on a hypothetical.

I'd probably make the most of the life I was given, OP. Humans tend to be resilient that way.

bout tree fiddy

double digits... oh the thought pains my vag....
may end it all... but first i might try the desperate maneuver of coming to Veeky Forums and posting some bullshit elitist dribble on some IQ thread to make myself feel better

I'd say 90. Below this you cant easily raise your IQ through hard work and practice.

I raised my IQ from a respectable 105 to an astounding 140 over a couple weeks just by practicing online IQ tests like mensa and raven's.

It gave me a lot more confidence too because now i can tell people i have genius level intelligence and can back it up by giving any number of solutions to hard IQ test questions.

Really its grate i recommend you practice as much as you can and increase your intelligence because women dig geniuses.

I would of just not bothered had it not been so easy to raise my intellenent, but practice makes perfect so start now.

Irregardless, intelligence isnt everything and although i am a genius, i still retain my humbleness and humtility of when i was just a brainlet.

Women dig class more than genius tier intellect per sey, so always stay humble no matter how smart you become.

Cheers xD

Please no.

reading thread
my soul hurts
worse now

I mean, the number itself isn't important. But what it in theory represents is.

I wouldn't kill myself just because I scored lower on an IQ test, but if I could actually feel my intelligence deteriorating, after a certain point I probably would.

probably 140.

except i have an IQ of 108

my FOID card is only 3 months away. i'll probably buy a cheap hunting rifle once it gets here.

Your second sentence was utterly useless, adding no new information (by definition of considering a hypothetical scenario, the consideration is hypothetical.) Not very befitting of a "150+".

The second sentence implied that a 100 IQ version of myself would not have the same thoughts/ideas. You both seem too retarded to understand this and at the same time triggered. Do you have under a 100 IQ?

(me) I'm 37 and I may have done slightly better on an IQ test 10 years ago. memory definitely not what it was, but I don't give too much of a shit because I've seen that intent and effort are far more important factors in any endeavor.
I mean, being aware of profound limitations after something like a brain injury is one thing, but normal wear and tear? fuck it. If thats enough to slow you down your not going hard enough to accomplish shit in the first place

The lowest IQ in a standard test is 40.

The flaw in this logic is this:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dysgenic

Propagating inferior intelligence via reproducing just because you're able to survive in the most idiot-coddling time in history is un-ironically idiotic.

I considered that possibility and concluded that that couldn't have been what you meant, because what you said didn't communicate that whatsoever. To say that, you should have said, "Of course, if I had an IQ of 100, I would not come to this conclusion" — notice how much more succinct and clear this is.

But we both know why you said what you did.

...holy fuck you're stupid.

Suicide is a crime. IQ is not fixed. You don't "live WITH your IQ" because it is not an object nor a sensation, it rather defines all your experience, therefore it defines your life, therefore you "Live an IQ" just like you "Live a life". Fuck you again for talking about suicide, you dumb motherfucker.

Phrasing the sentence that way makes you seem like a dickhead. One part you include the word "i" which anyone with talent in English knows to avoid. From here you derive that you *supposedly* thought of the connection which was implied (more than likely not) with another option being that the sentence was illogical.

Okay:

Option 1: The sentence was made without reason

Options 2: The sentence was made with a clearly obvious connection

Hmm wonder which one is what happened. Shut the fuck up.

Brainlets

Maybe you should not reproduce. Of course your idiot mind is going to say otherwise. Hence

I'm only 125 or maybe 130 maximum. I could live with 100 and I might even fit in better.

I'm probably more stupid than everyone here tb.h

>but muh no scientific basis
It gives you a general idea. Also, regarding accuracy, when has anything related to psychology been accurate at all? It's the most un-scientific scientific field.

I never mentioned reproducing. all I'm saying is that I'll bet on the slightly dumber guy putting in twice the work every time. in science or elsewhere. Assigning others positions they never established is pretty dumb too, and unproductive (see also... every thread on Veeky Forums ever). If your serious about a watered down form of eugenics, I'm sure there are forums for that. check 'em out

>I'll bet on the slightly dumber guy putting in twice the work every time
Are you serious?

Nazi Germany did the opposite. They made the first atomic bomb. Sorry but hard word = intelligence only works in school; not the real world.

10 years ago, I took an IQ test as part of a study that my middle school signed up for. I scored a 172. Today, I go to Georgia Tech, which has a school of psychology on campus. For a little extra cash, I participated in a study that measured my IQ. I scored a 109. Whahappen.

Lay off the weed

Child IQ tests and adult IQ tests are different. A child's IQ being 160 equates to a 100 adult IQ. More than likely your brain just developed a lot earlier and stopped growing to the point of a normal adult. This would also explain your success throughout school to now attend Georgia Tech.

you're*

(un)Luckily, most idiots aren't aware they're idiots.

>wow why is this concept in psychology not proven like my math laws are yet?

>Mfw asking myself this question while reading Flowers for Algernon

aahh, again extrapolating the positions of others to make the targets easier to hit. Ever hear the term "straw man"? I am serious, and I said "slightly" for a reason. To make significant progressions in a field, one almost always has to be at the apex of intelligence AND discipline, as you may (or should) have noticed.
When a mind is trained to, at some level, always be addressing some goal or solution it can lead to breakthrough level insight, and this dynamic is more important than native intelligence, which, before you twist me again, is also very important.

guess that's what happened to me since i'm stupid now

see my response to other guy struggling with reading comprehension while arguing for the supremecy of what we think of as intelligence

Extrapolating dilates flaws. Think of running water on a sponge; the holes become larger and thus easier to see. Another useful extrapolation are the recorded IQ's of nobel prize winners in math/science:

brainsize.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/the-iqs-of-academic-elites/

Having a well-mapped brain network one can be proficient at a field. However, geniuses have ~16% more brain matter per 15 IQ points which allows for more connections for a mapping thus having higher imaginative thought. This physicality of a higher IQ was a desired and fed trait in Germany which led to the most prominent scientists in the world.

that move is beneath contempt

well, you admit to extrapolation, so you're already exceeding expectation, but also, from time to time, people thoughtfully qualify their statements for good reasons.
It also gives rise to dumb and needless fights where the true position of no one involved is addressed and the conversation loses all basis in truth.
... and also, you know this German example is sketchy as fuck, right? Yes, crazy intelligent people are more prone to great insight. Historically though, Germany executed a long term, multi generational eugenics program? news to me. I know the nazis thought along those lines but I didn't think it took hold, with the getting their asses handed to them and all. can you provide a reference?

After the war Eugenics still indirectly occurred in Germany's society due to the Gymnasium educational system. The highly intelligent students were given more schooling to a point of scientific research and engineering. The least intelligent German children receive less schooling and are put to work earlier. Germany's success in producing top-of-the-world scientists was due to nurturing of the most talented students; opposite to American education which instead nurtures the least talented.

As long as I can hold a conversation or read a book, I think I'll be fine.

But it works with dumb and average people.

After 120, IQ tests are useless.

t. 'scored 120 on an IQ test'

ok.... I don't drink often or take sleep aids, but I have to work early tomorrow so tonight I'm doing both as as weapons against insomnia . If not I would take up this issue because it's interesting. I may be good for one more post .... I would only add that your atomic bomb example is a strange choice for your argument, and predates the policies you then refer to in your example, and that your example itself does not imply eugenics in any way . I'll forgive that though. That was a different time.
I do, however, think that the middle class and up school districts provide enough for the gifted that they cannot responsibly be called "repressed". Maybe not "pushed" (exploited?) as in other culture's, but so be it.
Still, I strongly disagree with such policies without even taking up the greater philosophical issue. I don't have to get into that greater issue if the driving force of such policies comes from the economic or military motives of the state. The state is fucked up, and has proven repeatedly and without exception to be fucked.
When we get to a purely knowledge and humanitarian use of eugenics, we'll have that conversation. It won't be anytime soon though

Not actually.
Everybody on my father's side was 140+. I made the perfect score in every test I made too (not the internet ones).

And what? Every single one was batshit crazy. two alcoholics, one hippie (who works writing graduation/masters conclusion dissertation of any area, all 90 or above [she never did the IQ test though]), and my dad. All finances failures.

As he allways said, "IQ tests are worth nothing, people only use them to brag themselves."

Work ethic also comes down to genetics. Seems your family line is lacking a quality. This does not mean intelligence and IQ tests do not matter.

>Work ethic also comes down to genetics.

The hippie is a point off the curve, the rest (including myself) is unnaturally ethical.

What's with everyone's bullshit attempts to come off as high IQ.

The pretension is so fucking blatant.

user site but still,
>bats aren't actually blind
>they see a little and just rely on echo location
>sorta how I rely on my 145 IQ for all the math(s) I study at top 13 uni
okay

What kind of retard doesn't know that only a small number of bat species actually use echo location?

Got tested recently, got 113 as base IQ.

Well with standard deviation of 15, this means I am mentally pretty much retarded.

I don't know how much a major chronical depression hamper your intelligence though.

Anyways, it sucks to realize that you cannot comprehend something others do ad-hoc.

It fucks me up to realize that I am not apt for academical studies.

/thread
People with lower iqs dont bother with this shit, they can conceieve no other way

Only high IQ people commit suicide because their intellect forces them to acknowledge the meaninglessness of life and to slide into a nihilistic existential depression.

I think they just feel trapped.

fucking this

I wish, I was just a dumb normal person

>attention whore

this needs more mistakes, low quallitie baite

From your summer collection

Veeky Forums really is the snobtarded autist-board of Veeky Forums, holy fuck go masturbate with your >150 IQ with the handlotion from your mother

t. brainlet