What is the best scientific approach to weight loss?

What is the best scientific approach to weight loss?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris–Benedict_equation
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
youtu.be/VKs0oEIVOck
blog.dilbert.com/post/147238488266/the-persuasion-diet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cori_cycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dinitrophenol
youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

burn yourself

Take a look at the book "how not to die" or "the food hourglass".

cut your legs off

Simple math should do.
intake < expenditure; you lose weight
intake > expenditure; you gain weight

Sure, you can make things more complicated by saying metabolism and some other factors play some role. But, there is no need to make your model more complicated, when, for all intents and purposes, a simple one should suffice.

Read the fit sticky.

All of the info is well sourced from real studies

dont just exercise more. Most of your energy loss is outside of movement so exercise doesnt make you lose weight

I would't say that's quite true. I lose ~600kcal every day, on top of the usual that is lost throughout the day. It really adds up in the long run.

Eat 50% of whatever drops out of:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris–Benedict_equation

>Calculate your daily caloric need.
>Make sure your diet is varied
>Reduce 300 calories or more
>Correct any extra calories if you ate to much with a 24 hour fast once per week
>Exercise a little
>Weigh yourself weekly

The science isn't the hard part. Sticking with it is the dificult part and science can't help you with that.

God no

Which part?

it does make you alot healthier and true every little helps but it takes running for a hole hour just to burn like 400kcal

Fasting.
300 cal deficit is a little too small, but the fasting us what got the God no.
You can also have a diverse diet that's shit. Simply losing weight isn't necessarily healthy.

Just to be clear I wasn't the guy that wrote that, I just was curious what you found bad about it. Yea, fasting is a terrible idea. It's okay to have a cheat day. It keeps the motivation up, when you reward yourself once in a while.

With varied diet it's generally assumed that you eat more veggies, fruit, and whole grains. But, yea, it does not mean eating more cheeseburgers, instead of regular burgers.

For OP, and anyone curious pic related is most likely the guide you should follow with regards to your diet. It's not perfect, nothing is, but it's probably the best advice out there, at the moment

I'd point you to the fit sticky too for sharing with people. Damn awesome info there.
Liam Rosen kicks ass.

Quickly skimmed over it, and I must say that it's generally great advice.

Here is the link for all you lazy bastards(a habit you should change)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Eat less, try to move more. The trouble comes with the psychology of the whole thing. Some people like to constantly eat at a small deficit, some people like to do intermittent fasting (eat once every 24 hours), some people like to go military with their fitness etc. It's VERY individual. You probably need to try different things, start with the strategy that seems most appealing to you. Tell other people about your diet to shame pressure yourself.

As far as good food goes: Make sure to eat >60g proteins a day, maybe >100g, it depends on your weight and fitness level. Make sure to eat enough fats, also about 100g/day (unsaturated/saturated balance is important, but hard to fuck up unless you eat fast food shit. Use olive oil when you can and you will be fine). Carbs are unimportant, so you can use that to fill the rest of your calorie needs. Good stuff is: Broccoli, Spinach, Kidney Beans, All kinds of nuts, oranges or similar, carrots. Chicken gives you the leanest protein, so that's a good thing too. Fruits are absolutely overrated overall with the exception of citrus fruits which are great Vitamin C sources. They are great as snacks though: Many people, including me, like to eat an Apple when they feel like eating something, but are done for the day. It gives you something to chew without many calories. But other than that, not really necessary.

this is now a Veeky Forums thread

>be me
>just got done working out
>good pump
>new haircut
>visit senpai
>cousin (15) exclaims "pecs" and feels my chest for 10-20 seconds
>asks if I've been working out
>flex arm "you tell me"
>"oh my god"
>holds my arm as we walk along the street with her friend later that day
>touches my abs at dinner
>"solid"

>be Veeky Forums loser
>claims thread with copy pasta

-Remove all foods with added sweeteners from your diet. Whether it's maple, agave, cane sugar, beet sugar, (high fructose) corn syrup, etc. The purpose of this heuristic is to avoid excessive fructose consumption that doesn't have its absorption inhibited by co-occuring dietary fiber. Pure fruit juices are likely fine though, far as how much you'll be drinking.

-Remove most heavily processed food (don't fuck me / you around with semantics here, it's pretty obvious). Avoid soybean and spinach specifically. Eat organic foods. Some evidence that exposure to certain pesticides and herbicides inhibits certain signalling chains which ultimately potentiates a given "calorie" ending up in adipose.

-Supplement with something like yerba mate, or guarana seed powder. Look some studies up on these on pubmed, don't feel like rehashing.

-Avoid chronic stress. Make sure you sleep properly. If you work the night shift, try to work days.

-Run a mild calorie deficit. Get some degree of cardio exercise daily.

Viewing this through a lens of thermodynamics (ie, calories in vs calories out) is not a meaningful perspective on its own, and is severely incomplete to a point of being net wrong. If this seems strange to you, look into how fructolysis works works as an example. Compare all its steps and byproducts with just using glucose directly. Consider what it does to someone's eating by delaying the sensation of being full.

Also, importantly, bear in mind that the more fat you have, the leptin your body produces to signal hunger (as leptin is released by adipose cells). Realize much of your sensations don't map accurately to what your body actually needs and ignore them when it makes sense.

youtu.be/VKs0oEIVOck

Oversimplified. Positions like these are what lead to high relapse rates; If you're not going to change the core lifestyle you might as well not even bother, you'll only end up drifting back where you started.

I encourage people to reject these simple and easy answers. They're easy for a reason, they don't work long term.

(They also ignore why an individual is fat to begin with, which in most cases is not (stress-based) overeating)

Mind uploading.

Hey bud, you need to calm down.

blog.dilbert.com/post/147238488266/the-persuasion-diet

>This is now an incest thread

Eating less and exercising more

thick.solid.tight

>Viewing this through a lens of thermodynamics (ie, calories in vs calories out) is not a meaningful perspective on its own, and is severely incomplete to a point of being net wrong.

I can only speak from experience. Stuck to 2100 calories a day, religiously tracked, with very mild exercise and dropped over 50 pounds in about 6 months. Just started six weeks ago and I've already dropped 12.

Less calories. It just works.

If you begin to gain it back, bear in mind what I said.

>Be 6'2 skellington
>get buff to prepare for military career.
>Cousin mirin'
>"Wow user, are you getting taller?"
>Every fucking time she sees me
>Catch her glancing at me front behind her hair
>Has a friend that blushes every time she sees me
>They always beg me to go swimming with them.
>Brush against me constantly in the pool
>chicken fights never happen because they can never agree who gets to sit on my shoulders

>last week
>Arrive fashionably late for her birthday party
>"Hey, user. Thank God you're here, Sarah wouldn't shut up about you."
>"she was like 'When's he gonna get here?! Where's user?'"
>gives me a hug and presses her chest hard against my stomach.

>Aunt calls me over.
>"user, I'm busy with this stuffing. Can you finish decorating the cake?"
"Sure thing, hoss."

>Grab the icing packet
>*Happy... 11th.... Connie!*

if he gains it back that means he's consuming more calories than he's expending.

Take dnp, you can lose up to 5 pounds a day.

> eat plenty of fruits of all colors
Yeah, no thanks. I'll stick with women.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cori_cycle

Visiting the moon and using pounds to measure weight...LOL¥¥futures 4 sale here

Underrated

Gastric bypass.
It's the method of treating obesity with greatest rate of success.

talking about weight loss.

I tried intermittent fasting (eat from 12 to 20 and eat nothing the other 16 hours) and I've lost 6 kilos in like 3 weeks. I also just feel better in general, more alert, more energy, etc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dinitrophenol

Gut bacteria.

actually fit sticky is fucking shit

(You)

Moronic answer. Ignore.

Cutting your genitals off is also probably has the highest rate of success in curing HPV too, right? Or avoiding herpes?

That's stupid. Cutting your genitals leaves you unable to reproduce. Gastric bypass leaves your digestive system completely functional.

>Gastric bypass leaves your digestive system completely functional.
No, it doesn't. Do some basic research.

You're fucking yourself for life instead of making a basic effort to change your lifestyle and unravel the relevant underlying mechanics in your own specific case. It's laziness and fear taken to an extreme, and any physician playing along with this horseshit in the absence of a clear argument for a mechanical benefit to the patient, ought to have their medical license immediately stripped and never given back.

Medicine is not to be treated as a business, no matter how much we've made it otherwise. Stupidity and sloppiness will not be tolerated.

That's nice, user. Do you have some pics of them?

I started running 4km three times a week, and I have moved from 68 to 58 kg in a few months. Now I started with push ups and other exercises.

>best scientific approach to weight loss
Visit here....
100 percent weight loss
Sadly 0 percent mass loss

I've been living on 500 kcal or less a day, So it's not fully true about lowering calories.
Then again, It probably depends on what the foods are. 500 kcal of veggies > 500 kcal of bullshit i guess.

Diets and the like have a success rate of pretty much zero after a couple of years.
And obesity comes with a bunch of related health conditions.
Dismissing gastric bypass because of side effects (I assume that's what you mean? I have no idea to be honest), is irresponsible.

500mg of DNP every day for 2 weeks

>I don't measure what I eat, and I assume "serving sizes" have anything to do with a real-world serving.

percent mass loss
You are forgetting about bone and muscle loss.

So like you know how like food is like fuel and like obesity happens because people eat too much food? What if we like put something in people to turn calories into electricity?

You know so you could power your cellphone so it'd never go dead. I mean fuck we have glucose fuel cells, we can do this.

If we can make them biocompatible enough, such that the risk posed by installing and operating them is less than obesity and gastric bypass surgery, then they'd like make sense. So like it'd be FDA approved and insurance would pay for it.

Fuck I'm so hiiiiigggggggh right now

Sounds like someone from Kings Landing.

it's not a 100%, station still has microgravity, but I'm just being autistic here

Read my initial post here. Whatever diet you're talking about is probably fundamentally flawed and people drop it after they lose the weight.

Although I was really tired / full of psychoactive compounds when I responded to your post. I was a bit harsh, so sorry about that.

Fuck more, eat less

My kek produced perturbations in the air.

>fasting
fasting is not starvation,
you fat-ass weaklings

I'm directly interfering with my primary energy metabolism! What could possibly go wrong?

>dinitrophenol
>synthetic T3 (liothyronine)
>amphetamine, as appetite suppressant

you're either female or pretty small or both. If you're not 1.60m or smaller you should consider stop losing weight about now and gain muscle mass instead.

>Eat less, try to move more
But how does it work?
youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck

>ITT: Idiocy.

>1.weigh yourself
>2.wait one week
>3.weigh yourself again
>4.if you lost weight repeat step 2, if you didn't, eat less
>5. repeat

I've used all three believe it or not.

DNP is dangerous and not nearly as effective as some claim. It can cause cataracts, nerve damage and death. Perhaps the risk would be worth it if DNP was actually effective; did I mention the insane heat that comes with its use? Most worthless drug in existence.

T3 is useless for anyone who's not deficient in it. Take too much and you'll feel like shit. Take too little and you'll end up with less total T3 in your blood than normal due to natural production of T3 being stopped. Not very effective even when you get the right dosage.

Amphetamine in the form of drugs like Adderall is the only thing that really works. Burning calories is very difficult but Adderall allows you to stop yourself from ever consuming those calories in the first place. Effective but addictive.

If you're going to do anything, do amphetamine. T3 is absolute shit and all the information online about using it for weight loss is broscience.

BEST POST 2016

underrated, kek

Forget drugs, eat more. This speeds up the bodies metabolism. This is why fat people who diet just get fatter, their body goes into starvation mode. Same works for skinny people, eat less to gain weight. It's an upside down world.

Topkek

>eat more to lose weight
>eat less to gain weight
>starvation mode
>muscle confusion
well memed, my Veeky Forums-friend

Wow. How fucking fat are you? Removing most of the stomach to cure obesity is like removing a lung to cure a cigarette addiction. All it takes to not be fat is to stop stuffing inhuman portions into your fat mouth.

>muh stahrvashion modes

Found some more fatties. Intermittent fasting is probably the most useful tool to improve health other than staying lean anf exercising. It has been proven to extend life by 25 percent in some species.

Eat less exercise more.

>It has been proven to extend life by 25 percent in some species.
>My life has been prolonged
I am only cursed.

Just remember and apply Gibb's fundamental equation.

Start walking for an hour day.

Literally the easiest way imaginable.

No. Just stop eating. It's the easiest way. You don't have to do anything, you have to STOP doing something.

The gym, fatass