Be at orientation today

>be at orientation today
>go to cal poly pomona
>in a classroom with other people who are doing orientation and the professor talks about having to work with people
>mentions that people would have the mention with slow and stupid people
>all the asians laugh
>I don't because I know I am one of the stupid people

Welp, I already lost respect for my advisor. I didn't really believe that university people were assholes, but man was I wrong. Is this what you guys deal with in the science and Math subjects or do you agree with him?

>mentions that people would have the mention with slow and stupid people
You're definitely one of the slow and stupid alright.

This.

>mentions that people have to work with slow and stupid people

Asians are dumb as rocks.
They get high scores through cheating and can't actually think for themselves.

Very few Asians outside of pure math

Don't fight. You're here to get your degree and test your abilities- not to gripe about persons and policies. Avoid unpleasant people where you can- let gonof it where you cant.

Most math majors aren't Asian even. They're more often biology, because they want to be doctors, because they feel obligated to.

also the smartest people at my uni are all white. white people tend to have a much sharper gap, where the dumb ones are really fucking dumb, and the sharp ones are really fucking smart. asians tend to all be at the "good students but not especially talented" level.

I'm so glad it's Asian culture that considers itself smart and not white. There couldn't be a worse stereotype to not be able to live up to.

This, being "smart" is a huge thing in Asian culture, and many of them are fucked up in the head because of it. There is often racist beliefs about Asian intelligence in there, too. Of course we shouldn't overgeneralize but broad strokes, that's how it is.

what is ur major? got any questions i went their

CompE.

>I already lost respect for my advisor.

You have the right to hate him but you should understand where he is coming from. Stupid peole are simply a burden of society and because some majors force group work he knows that odds are some outstanding student will get paired you with the likes of you and you will probably drag him down.

You are the offensor there. You get no 'don't worry about being stupid' speech because you will get carried to your degree and that is enough privilege for you.

By the way, it will get worse. Every semester by the half of it most professors will be actively neglecting you so that they can just pay attentions to the actual smart students so you better get used to being a background character.

topkek

Commit yourself to work hard. Having the wrong attitude will make it so much harder to do well. Tons of kids in your classes are going to have a superiority complex. Eventually they'll get knocked down, but until then, this confidence will be helpful. Your lack of confidence will make things much harder. Even though he's a dick, you'll want to ask him a healthy amount of questions. Some people need more help in certain subjects. It'll take time, but learn not to be ashamed about that. You have no reason to be. You're only an idiot if you give up.

>CompE.

Aaron, be more careful.

He's doing CompE though
even an idiot can pass with flying colors if they place enough effort into the course
If hes dragging people down it has nothing to do with being an stupid, just lazy.

Although this would still be entirely his fault..

>being an stupid
oops

From my experience Asians and Whites have a similar mix, from very sharp to "why are you even here?"

I do think that Asians have a higher study ethic than Whites these days though. I think that comes from a higher percentage of parents who kick their ass to do well in school.

Asian here these are quite accurate from my experience

I had a professor who'd constantly make jokes at the expense of some strawmanned stupid student, and all the kids would laugh along despite not realizing they've probably been that stupid student at least once. I think they do it for the same reason kids go along with bullies when they're little -- they think if they don't laugh along they must be in the stupid category.

I think a big part of it also has to do with the fact that asian parents typically provide for their kid financially completely until they're done their education. It's a lot easier to do well in school when you're not wasting your time at some menial job trying to earn rent.

Are you literally slow and stupid, or insecure and desperate for someone to say you aren't? If the first, don't get butthurt just because someone says the truth. If the second, man the fuck up and don't take offense to something not meant for you.

Maybe it also has something to do with Asians being almost 60% of earth's population. That is a big sample size...

Seeing a white is rare and thus perhaps the reason why it is even more rare to see a smart white person.

OPs just not being self important. People who laugh at some ambiguous figurehead of a stupid person are just stroking their egos.

And? Perhaps they have a reason to feel superior, perhaps they don't. Their problem. Do we now need safe spaces for people with low self esteem feeling threatened by jokes aimed at no one in particular?

I have Transfer Orientation at UCLA next Monday. What should I expect?

> (OP)
Forgot to mention Math Autist here