youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBD2tcKOU4&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0rKMD3i7DMU
youtube.com/watch?v=eW9XsjllM6A
google.com.au/search?q=fishing wire muscle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_artificial_muscles
www-robot.mes.titech.ac.jp/research.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe carbon nanofibers. They expand when you apply current, or maybe they contract, I don't recall.

another vid :
youtube.com/watch?v=0rKMD3i7DMU

can you read senpai
they work the same as human muscles

why i can't find modern plane with flapping wings?

youtube.com/watch?v=eW9XsjllM6A

>plane -> airplane

a heavier-than-air aircraft kept aloft (...) by the passing air on its fixed wings and driven by propellers, jet propulsion, etc.

The same as human, shit's in the picture user.

Humans got way too ahead of themselves...this is going to be bad.

our muscle fibers expand and contract using electricity. they use pneumatic pipes.

So I'm asking how they powerfeed the muscles and how does the mechanics work. Because those muscles look way too loose and I doubt they would be as efficient as real muscles.

Maybe you might do well to think on how they are similar...I mean that's how comparisons work. After all, how is a raven like a writing desk?

I read about these a while back
seemed pretty cool - but i cant explain it well

luckily much cheaper substances are used.

google.com.au/search?q=fishing wire muscle

>luckily much cheaper substances are used.
Nobody uses those because they require heat to actuate which is a really bad idea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_artificial_muscles

>Contract using electricity
What are you on about user?

That's Suzumori's lab, they do research on fluid power, so you can bet your ass they are pneumatic:
www-robot.mes.titech.ac.jp/research.html

how does that even work.

holy shit thats amazing

Ion current is still current.

Idiot here. What's the reason why they can't just copy our muscles? I mean this is amazing but also pretty bulky.

Your muscles are biomechanical, as in, they require very very fine structures present on a molecular scale. Have you ever tried to draw something with an atom-sized pencil? It's hard, let alone printing something in 3D. Filling a membrane with a drug is one thing, creating a functioning cell outside of the body is another, and packing these cells into tissues that function completely outside of the body using just electricity at the scale and force that even a newborn fetus is able to produce is something we don't even have techniques for yet. The best we can do is grow tissues and put them _back_ into your body where they hopefully integrate into the rest of your muscular system, and even then, we can only do this with some organs for now.

What this guy said. Human tissue and body parts are incredibly elaborate constructs that you can't just copy without incredibly precise tools that we don't have.

But they do not contract using electricity anymore than a gasoline engine car moves using electricity. Sure it ignites the starter and such but the actual movement is not by electricity.

Stop posting

Too spoopy

We are trying to. We can make muscle like structures at the nanoscale,we just haven't mastered the synthetic chemistry necessary to put them all together to make something at the macroscale.

why would heat be a bad idea? most servos and capacitors exert a huge amount of heat.

not the person you were replying to, but why can't we use 3D topographical mappings of the human body via MRI to get a printing head or ring to go around limbs and other parts to place various stem cells which would differentiate with the surrounding tissue?

basically imagine you lost your limb but we had a stock of your stem cells via some investment plan and it was cloned to massive supplies. you then have an apparatus attached to your open wound which administers stem cells individually through millions of articulating syringes in a conical ring shape, reopening scarred nerves and muscles so that it can accept a new set of cells, which would be for bone tissue and muscle tissue of your gradually reprinted leg or arm.

So I see people saying the tools required for imitating biological muscle are way more precise than what we know how to do now. Technology is just very very basic biology. We build it bigger because it's easier and faster, then we define it down to levels near physical limits. The point I'm making, is that if we figure out alternative mechanics on the large scale first, then refine it. It gets me excited these artificial muscles, it feels like im witnessing the invention of the computer, and where we can go with it from here.
>more people should research intelligently created mechanical life
This has so many applications I can't really list them all

You always build new tech at "medium" scale -- something that doesn't take specialty tools to work on, require bespoke parts, and stuff like that. Once you get the principles down and show it can work, then you scale it up or down, whichever you desire then solve whatever problems the scaling introduces.