NOODLE THREAD

NOODLE THREAD

>discuss noodles
>tell people they are faggots for finding hot chicken noodles hot
>be mad that ottogi yeul ramen hasn't been restocked at your local chinese supermarket
>don't look at the sodium stats
>rest assured that chinese noodles are safe after they executed the people responsible for the melamine scandal

PS: I have had all noodles in pic related before, except the chili crab thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.waiyeehong.com/noodles/instant-noodles-packet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you had those jjajang noodles in the brown package

Also hot chicken noodles are murderous desu, but maybe I'm just a baby

no but I will, because black soybean paste sounds breddy gud

I had a roommate in college that used to buy that stuff in the middle with the egg on it. He would buy it cheap by the case and sell it in the dorms for 50¢/pack, fucker made a small fortune over a couple years.

They are the best. Saved my life after a bout of hyponatremia, now they hold a soft spot in my heart.

>hyponatremia

how the fuck does that happen? some disease? seems very unlikely that you'd get this with a somewhat normal diet.

I like the mom and noodles but not that green curry flavor I prefer the roast duck

protip take the noodles out when they're 3/4 ready

they'll cook in the broth and be more chewy and al dente. soft noodles are the worst. you want your noodles to be more undone than it is overdone, because if it's undone you can just cook it by letting it sit in the hot broth.

also always stir in a beaten egg and also add in a soft-boiled egg. to soft-boil the egg, drop in the egg, wait 60 seconds seconds to let the yolk form, drop in noodles. by the time you're taking out noodles, egg will be softboiled (after it cools down further in the soup and solidifies more).

to add on, a splash of sesame oil will enhance the flavor so much, like you have no idea. and maybe a sprinkle of cheese of your preference to let it melt in the soup and create more of an aromatic, richer soup.

I've been craving the shin kimchi flavor. Local store had it once, but they haven't had it since.

Prima Taste's Lahksa is damn good. Too bad the noodles need to be boiled in an actual pan. It's only barely instant.

But when you're busy with a pan anyway, throwing in mince and veggies is great.

I also love Ufo bowls and other yakisoba style instant noodles. Not so much a fan of broth/soup noodles.

yeah I just made them, you actually need two pans and the noodles are not greasy fried noodles so they take 6 minutes. the second pan is to heat the sauce and oil. Tastes great but I think it was pretty expensive. Not something that I will get very often. I think my main comfy noodles are:

>most nongshim
just good noodles, all taste a bit similar (except for the special things like the cold noodles of course)
>tonkotsu noodles from Nissin
these have a very nice ""pork"" soup and they are nice and salty. Most nissin shit is bland as fuck though. But I may just be a bit bitter after having to eat an entire box of their sesame noodles.

>Ottogi Yeul
Comfiest spicy red soup noodle there is, noodles are nice and T H I C C as well, but my local chink ain't got em.

Meme tier:
>Hot chicken noodles
sort of nice actually
>Paldo Cheese ramen
CHEESE FLAVOR
10/10
breddy gud :DDD
would clog arteries again

I just throw in the egg in like the last minute or 40 seconds and stir so that the white can sorta spread and solidify while the yellow shit stays soft so you can break it and make your noodles taste even comfier.

What are some good vegetarian noodles?

You people should see the shit the inmates in my jail make out of fucking instant Ramen.

I think shin ramyun is vegetarian, and most "vegetable flavor" noodles are vegetarian.

And then there's all the artificial chicken/pork/beef flavor noodles that you generally see from shit Asia in general and China. Apparently the chinese pack in the OP pic doesn't contain any pork at all.

These will always be my favorite.

I'm having the mama noodles right now except I threw out the flavoring and replaced it with golden curry

I bought a 5 pack of these ones and ate 2 right before bed when i was very drunk one time

Woke up feeling sick as fuck and had to spew a few times, been too scared to eat the remaining packs even though they tasted pretty good. Could've been the drink I suppose but i've never spewed from a hangover before in my life and I've had much worse ones

Does anyone else think shrimp-noodles taste like soap?

Mi goreng sate is not that good
Kari ayam is my favourite desu senpai

Beef Rendang flavor is the best.

If you consume large quantities of alcohol, then you have a big, hearty bowl of sodium right before bed, of course your body is going to try to reject your stomach contents.

Is there a good place to buy this stuff online in Canada? My local stores have a pretty limited selection

for some people, cilantro tastes like soap. maybe that is also the problem for you

>Could've been the drink

ya think? Jesus christ I hate millennials.

Shin ramyun hot taste is goat.

I add an egg a chicken breast and sprinkle in ghost pepper powder. Shit is so goddamn bangin.

>Also hot chicken noodles are murderous desu, but maybe I'm just a baby
I came here to call you a gay baby.

lmao 2egg. Look at mr rockafeller over here just eating eggs left and right like they can be bought 36 for 4 bucks. I am gonna try stirring in a beaten egg instead of dropping one on top though. Not sure about the two egg move maybe if I de yolk a second one. That would be like 12 grams of protein.

Can anyone recommend some instant noodle brands/flavors? Preferably less common brands, but any suggestions are fine.

Why are you scared of yolk?

I really like instant noodles.

Going to my local Asian grocery tomorrow. Gonna get spicy chicken, kimchi, and jjajang instant noodles. Any other recommendations? They carry predominately Korean brands, but I've seen mi goreng, mama, and the jap brands that come in plastic bowls.

I don't get it. I drank a shot of ghost pepper sauce as a prank and was fine, but the chicken noodles that everyone says aren't hot kick my ass. these ones are even worse.

forgot picture

Are you from belgium?

Just bought this. Going to try it now.

Well.

It's very spicy. And very cheesy. The noodles are pretty good too. Rank it up there with Shin Black.

As someone who has ever only ate Mr. Noodles brand ramen, am I missing out?

Hyponatremia literally means "Lack of salt."

This just came in, it's not instant noodles but I figured it was better than starting a new thread about a package of super hot curry in a retort pouch. If this is hotter than phal I'd be surprised.

>Hyponatremia
no shit sherlock your comment is useless. the question is still how this would occur in this day and age where it's easy to have a good diet and even easier to eat too much salt with fast food, ramen etc.

How do you guys add shit to your noodles? I'm retarded when it comes to cooking.

I went out on a whim and got this thin pork loins to go with some ramen but I have no idea what method to use to cook them.

R18 Curry? Nice. Got this at Daiso about 6 years ago. Good when you are on a budget and your teacher apartment is too small for a kitchen area.

I was thinking about getting some microwaveable rice to go with it to complete the experience.

I just bought this, I also bought another one.
Is it good?

Is there a proper type of noodle to use for lo mein or chow mein?

Any recommended brands sold here in 'murica?

I like the Vina Acecook Daily noodles though they're a bit hard to find now. I think they might have been discontinued unfortunately. If you can find them they come with a dehydrated vegetable packet and some oil as well. Good for the price. Pretty neutral flavor, not spicy or anything.

will try to grab these on my next visit to the chink store

dutchfag desu

holy fug cheese flavor, cool

>Shin Black
not that good desu, just a way to scam people out of an extra dollar and give them a bunch of garlic in exchange

Is this jap kare raisu curry? like s&b golden curry but fucking hot?

I've only had the nongshim champong. What brand is this? The nong shim champong is pretty nice with actual pieces of octopus meat or some shit.

>Is this jap kare raisu curry? like s&b golden curry but fucking hot?

Yes but it's just curry in a pouch. Its up to you what you want to eat it with.

Shin Black and Red is just 75 cents where I live

I'm not really penny pinching, I just like ramen

what the hell. Shin black is €1.65 here while normal is €0.95 or something. Maybe not twice the price but significantly more expensive. I don't care about ramen prices too much either, but black seems a bit crappy to me.

No idea, I just grabbed because I was buying a lot of shit at the Asian market anyways, according to YouTube is Korean and is great if you add mussels, kalamayy, spinach and mushrooms, going to try it later I also have shrimp so I'm adding that

I wouldn't add shrimp desu but maybe that's just me.

>tfw you have a guilty pleasure
What's her name? Mine is pick related, the broth is delicious.

Does the spicy cheese taste much different from the regular spicy chicken

I cook a lot for myself, but I also have ibs which has me eat a lot of simple bland foods during flair ups. Steamed veg and plain grains mostly, I don't find they need salt. Combine that with running 50 km a week in the Florida heat. I didn't have enough sense to supplement electrolytes.

I would add shrimp to pretty much everything so I guess I'm safe

>having several different options of instant noodles

Most of my shops only have vitana/maggi bullshit that tastes like arse even without the flavor packings. Hard to come by the 40cent packets of the "real" stuff.

The broth is more thicker and sticks to the noodles a lot more. It also has the slight taste of sharp cheese too

>Hard to come by the 40cent packets of the "real" stuff.

You don't have mail-order where you live?

does anyone know what the chewy bits in these are? I couldn't tell if it was mushroom or some kind of soy protein and my korean is too shit to read the ingredients on the back.

anybody experienced with throwing cream in there?

jjajang is god tier
shame i cant find them anywhere now

I've had 2 that came in a black package. Both were pretty good. What's the brown one look like?

Chapagetti is the best.

Most of the sodium is in the seasoning packet, right? or is it the noodles?

I usually get Paldo's jjajang because it comes with actual sauce instead of powder. It was hard to come by for a few months but luckily my market restocked it

Yes, most of the sodium is in the packet.
Most. Not all. Most.

I mean considering these things have like 3x times your daily recommended sodium intake, I would be happy throwing 3/4 of the seasoning packet away, if it's mostly there

In that case yes, toss the seasoning packet and spice it yourself, using less salt. Especially if the packet has heathen powder instead of glorious sauce.

I hated these so bad the first time I tried them. Tastes like bitter regret, but they're starting to grow on me.

i watched a lot of korean variety and it made me crave it without even knowing how it tasted and i tried it and was addicted immediately

They quickly became my "Fuck it" food. Any time I was hungry but just wanted to eat something tasty and quick it was always that.

>Lucky Me!
Mah nigga

Most likely soy stuff

Are these the ones they call korean spaghetti?

This is the best

>go on ebay
>looking to buy some decent noodles
>all the japanese and south korean ones are expensive as fuck

20$ FOR 4 PACKS!?
fucking chings

Can I just buy the powder packets somewhere?

bumpo

Noodles can't be beat.

If you want a nice creamy sauce for your ramen today I put diced garlic, milk, flour, and the seasoning packet in a pan and heated it while I was boiling cooking the ramen on a saucepan, then after the noodles were done I drained all the water and put them on the pan, mixed it up and broke a slice of cheese with my fingers in there too, best ramen I had so far

I got a small penis.

Shin ramyun are my favourite, I love how spicy they are, and the noodles are high quality. I like eating them with roast chicken and eggs and a bit of turmeric.

Try pork ramen, it's very flavourful.

Mama make a nice pad thai too, it's very sweet and tastes like prawn cocktail. The packet is quite small, though, so it makes a small snack.

Also try these, it's got a strong flavour.

I don't like the vermicelli type small packs, generally.

The bigger square packs are nicer, thicker noodles.

I liked the duck / beef / pork curried ones the most. You can't go wrong with chicken too.

Never had any of those dried packaged noodles.

What do you recommend for a noodle virgin like me?

Bazinga

What do you like? If you like chicken, buy a chicken one, etc.

Beef, pork, chicken, or shin ramyun.

Try picking a couple, and some more exotic ones. There's hundreds.

shop.waiyeehong.com/noodles/instant-noodles-packet

This guy knows what's up.

Shin ramyun are great.

Also check this picture for ideas on how to improve your meal.

Where can I get some good noodles in the UK?

I only ever find super noodles or cheap own brand shit

Thanks guys.

I've usually buy asian food from 2 places; starrymart.co.uk and waiyeehong. Also I found shin ramyun at poundstretcher type shop, believe it or not.

This weekend I found out my inmates split the Ramen bricks in half to form 2 thin sheets and then microwave them without any water to burn them.
I guess it's supposed to be like chips

Most asian grocery stores will have proper noodles for this stuff. It's fresh and usually in the fridge/freezer. One type is called "Wife Noodles" and is great for lo mein.

thank you user, that site is cheap as fuck and also does those really spicey noodles that everyone been doing challenge videos on, I want to try them since I fucking love spice

These are the best.

The curry one is nice poured on top of chips.

>really spicey noodles that everyone been doing challenge videos on
It's not much of a challenge. Unless you add your own spices to them.

I once made the mistake of adding a tablespoon of Bhut Jolokia powder to my chilli in the slow cooker, and it literally burned my mouth so bad I couldn't eat it.

Can somebody give me a clue where I can buy fresh ramen (or at least ramen-like) noodles in the UK? google searches result in some bullshit gluten free stuff.
Wish the UK had sun noodle like the US

I'm a newbie to the variety of instant noodles but I tried this for the first time today (eating it with no water which was hell).

yo it me I did the double egg and it was dank

upboded since shin ramyun is the shit but also for those who don't know,
These additions are always prostrats. I add diced up grilled chicken to my noodles whenever I got some breast I can forman grill quick.

Even better if you can stir fry some diced veggies and saute them you can make a nice lil meal for company.

Never tried adding milk or doing an omelette style before might suss that fuss

Shin Ramyun is always my GOAT for spicy base noodles and then adding ingredients pic related. [spoiler]I swear it used to say Hot Taste on the container.[/spoiler]

pic related da king uh noodle

You're only supposed to boil the noodles to hydrate them. It's supposed to be a stir fry.

Indomie noodles are pretty much the best. Shame they don't make their fancy ones anymore (pic related). Current jumbo packs just aren't the same.