Why does this place get shit on? It tastes great

Why does this place get shit on? It tastes great

Also, what's your usual order?

who cares

A chicken quesarito and a beef and bean burrito if I feel cheap.
A chicken grilled stuffed burrito if I feel like killing myself

usually get a 5 layer and a steak quesadilla nd save the quesadilla for later

Do you have an actual Mexican place in your town? With real tortillas? Taco Bell food is some kind of pale imitation of actual Mexican food. I've never understood why they don't use real tortillas. It's horrible, cheap food IMHO.

For me, it's the McChicken- the best of the fast food sandwiches.

crunchwrap supreme (often without lettuce since that shit wilts too quickly)
sometimes a chicken taco salad
grilled stuffed burrito (chicken or steak)

>vegetarian
>tfw I can get anything on the menu and just replace any meat with beans

Taco Bell is based. I go there with my co-worker after we get off our night shift a lot, then take her home. I'll ask her out one of these days, i'm sure of it.

>what's your usual order?
Bean Burrito with those cinnaball things and a mango Brisk.

No one thinks TB is Mexican food. Its fast food tex mex at best and if you think flour tortillas aren't used in some traditional Mexican Cuisine you are fooling yourself.

Meant to put Potato* Burrito. You guys probably don't care tho.

yo-you g-guys order more food than this at one time, r-right? i'm not the only one who spends at least $15 when i go out to eat, am I?

fatty

I'm not talking about flour or corn tortillas. I'm talking about the lack of quality in what ought to be the most important consideration.

Three crunchy tacos, steak quesadilla, plenty of fire sauce.

Simple, but good.

Its a fast food chain and not one of the "higher end" ones either. If you are going there expecting top quality and ultra authentic cuisine you're a fool. This hold true at virtually all fast food restaurants especially the ones on the lower end price wise. Its like you don't understand the concept at all.

OK here's the deal. I haven't eaten taco bell in ~3 months, and there's one about 2 hours away by bike. I'm going to schlep myself over there tomorrow and have my way with their food. What do I get lads?

We dont. Have fun with your weird lifestyle, friend.

One of the 5 dollar boxes. They tend to change which ones are available, but you can't go wrong.

If you got the extra money, go with one of each doritos locos taco flavors, and a Fritos burrito.

Or the chalupa. Either steak or chicken. Is that what they're called? Chalupas? Thick tortilla tacos?

Thanks bro. N'fortunately my local tb doesn't do the 5 dollar box. So, you do what you gotta do. Here's the draft
>Crunchwrap supreme
-no sour scream
+black beans
>Chalupa supreme
-no sour cream
+black beans
>Quesarito
-no sour scream
+black beans
>Quesadilla Combo (large Dr. Pepper, chicken quesadilla, cool ranch locos taco)

Subtotal: $15.56

enough food for a small tribe for less than the prices I pay for lunch at university.

There is only one correct answer

>Why does this place get shit on?
Two reasons: first off it's fake Mexican, which is kinda charming and kinda embarrassing at the same time. But that's neither here nor there. The biggest reason why people shit on TB is because their food is made from the lowest quality cheap shit available. It's not just fake Mexican, it's McDonald's tier fake Mexican.
>It tastes great
If you like synthetic flavors, sure.
>Also, what's your usual order?
I wouldn't chance any of the meat there, so I only get the bean burrito.

my state has pic related, so it's my go to.

>wake up hungover
>go get either an enchilada plate
>or a bunch of breakfast tacos with homemade tortillas
>get a margarita too

FUCK TACO BELL

>tfw two taco bells withing a half mile of home but based Del Taco is a whole hour away

How does del taco compare? Never had it.

cheap as fuck they have 20 items on their dollar menu

Now that Chipotle is a thing, this place is obsolete like McDonalds. Even worse than McDonalds because people want shitty cheap "mexican" food even less than shitty cheap american food, now that they've been shown a better way.

You're not too far off with this, even though Chipotle is more US style than it is actually Mexican. But TB's fate is that of McD's. The food they serve is out of step with the times, so they only customers they're going to manage to hang on to are the most price sensitive. And because it's mostly poor people eating there everyone else will look down on it as trashy (which it is).

Usually get
>Two Loaded Potato Grillers
>1/2lb Beefy Potato Burrito

Last time I got those Rolled Tacos and they tasted like fucking plastic they were gross as fuck.

>Really like Taco Bell for a lazy meal but mine takes 25mins plus every time

I love Taco Bell, don't give a fuck.

I normally will get what ever box deal they have. The Cheddar Habanero Quesoritto is damn good.

thesr are massively goat, i was unaware of their existence before browsing Veeky Forums too

Chipotle is literally dogshit.
It's one of like, three possible burrito combinations that actually taste different, and even then it's about 900 pounds of beans with a single strip of chicken.
Plus it's expensive as christ.

They are good but way too expensive for what it is.

>The biggest reason why people shit on TB is because their food is made from the lowest quality cheap shit available.

>It's not just fake Mexican, it's McDonald's tier fake Mexican.

How anyone could possibly expect anything else is beyond me. Its a cheap tex mex fast food restaurant. Of course its going to be McDonald's tier. It should be blatantly obvious that this is what you are going to get.

Two completely different types of restaurants with two different target audiences.

>two different target audiences
Not really. I see the same average fat fucks at my local Chipotles that you would expect to see at McDonalds.

Because the ingredients are shit. It it's literally hot, seasoned shit covered in hot sauce... and probably pimplecuck's special sauce.

Really? Where I live it's totally different crowds. McDonald's has a much less affluent crowd than Chipotle. The crowd at Chipotle is pretty much young, well dressed and white, whereas at McDonald's you have poor people of all colors and ages.

I disagree, taco bell mostly caters to people who want quick food on a budget and they market to the late night crowd a lot as well. Its mostly broke teens-early 20s, drunks and stoners, or low/working class people particularly older single blue collar males.

Chipotle is pretty much the complete opposite. Its mostly 20-30 somethings of at least middle class as well as upper middle class housewives. They make a big effort to market fresh, organic, etc which is basically the polar opposite of TB.

I get taco bell every friday as an end of the week treat
I dont give a fuck

For me it is the quesarito, the best fast food burrito.

Because its not "muh muy authentico mexican cuisine!" but those people fail to realize that nobody goes there for that reason, they eat there cuz its cheap and its 2am and they've lost control of their life/are stoned.
That said, I usually get the chalupa combo meal.

Usual order was
Mexican Pizza
Chicken Quesadilla
Buritto Supreme - No sour cream

Tfw no chica to bring to the bell

Taco 12 pack, all soft tacos.

Le this

The regular bowl/burrito w/o guac is $7 in my area. Not that far off from a $6.00 combo at McDonalds.

I mean would they be this successful and exploding this fast while causing McD's to lose profits if it was just a niche market?

>5 layer meal deal and a loaded chipotle chicken griller
>5 Layer Burrito
>Bag of Doritos
>Medium drink
>Chicken griller
>$5.07 after 6% sales tax
So good. Though I've been getting it a lot less now that they have so many $5 boxes.

The TB near me is the dirtiest, most disgusting building I've ever walked into. It's staffed by people who give zero fucks (why would they, they work at TB for like $7.50 an hour). You're lucky if they actually roll up your burritos instead of throwing shit ingredients on a tortilla and throwing that mess in a bag. One time I ordered a 5 layer and when I opened it up it was just that liquid cheese sauce and a few dabs of refried beans on a tortilla. Wtf man.

>living near Mexicans
top wew

>cravings box
>Includes a Burrito supreme, one hard taco, one gordita crunch, and nacho cheese cup with chips and a drink
>Plus a crunch wrap supreme

Enough food to fill you up even on an empty stomach.

I usually get a hot fucking mess of chicken soft tacos. When they have the bacon club chalupa, I get 2 of those.

I also like their Steak AM crunchwraps.

my orders from t bell are always at LEAST $10, you're not alone fat friend

>tfw I used to order 6 soft tacos with a fucking cheesy bean burrito and eat them all in one sitting

I never said it was a niche market.

Their grande steak breakfast burritos are awesome. Cheesy gordita crunch and quesadillas are where it's at though.

Fuck now I want some Taco Bell damn you Veeky Forums

8 bean burritos

I always get 3 things. 4 if I'm feeling like a total fatass or stoned/drunk out of my mind.

Candidates for the 3-way combination are: chicken quesadilla (extra sauce), beefy 5-layer burrito, chicken mexi-melt, cheesy gordita crunch, nachos bell grande, chalupa of some sort, and usually whatever weird promo thing they're running at the time.

I love taco bell and think it's probably the best fast food out there, don't get the hate or the people with bad digestion who claim it gives them the shits.

2 loaded potato grillers. Double grilled chicken quesodilla. Double grilled beefy frito burrito. And a large baja blast freezy. Its usally my only meal in a day. Because im a chef so you know. What is a regular diet.

>It tastes great
I really like fast food and am in no way a foodie snob, despite enjoying good quality foods and ingredients (i.e.: not fast food).

That said, I really think Taco Bell is genuinely shit. The $/lb ratio is impressive, but it is garbage food. The "meat" is awful, the texture is bad, and the meals are just very bland. I can see why people hype the hot sauces, without them there would be very little to taste.

I try Taco Bell a 1-3 times a year and am always very disappointed. The menu is diverse and always changing, which is cool, but it's basically sub-Burger King-tier "Mexican" food.

I'm Canadian and the fries supreme aren't even a saving grace. The nasty ubiquitous cheese analogue just ruins whatever it touches.

I ordered three things the last time I was at Taco Bell, around springtime. I ate about half of each item and threw the rest out, which I literally never do. Even shitty pizza or shitty burgers have redeeming values, but Taco Bell just made me think, "this isn't worth the calories".

I couldn't imagine choosing Taco Bell given the choices Americans have for fast food.

>what do you get

I get directions to a real taco shop

Lol chipotle is literally what people confuse taco bell for, a trashy Mexican food rip off.

I'd rather go eat taco bell tex-mex food than a cheap rip off of real Mexican food that chipotle is.

Chalupa box (number 6) with beef
sometimes get a $1 burrito with it too

>go to "authentic" taco shop here in Texas
>cooks are all white

fucking hell

Oh a other American thread

Nope. Taco Bell isnt good. Real Mexican is light years better, and texmex like what they serve is cheaper, quicker & better made at home. Please dont use the poorfag defense here, thats retarded. Only a nigger would feel like they had to demonstrate their upwardness by dining at a fast good shithole.

I buy the 5$ box deal thing that comes with a crunchrap, and two tacos. Then I spend 1 buck and get a caramel apple empanada cause those shits are GOAT

taco bell is still cheap as fuck. McDs is expensive AND shit

all the taco trucks near here close after 8 though

Reported.

Counter reported fag

>it tastes great
link.jpg

>They make a big effort to market fresh, organic, etc which is basically the polar opposite of TB

This is literally a lie now.

Chipotle is literally an overpriced taco bell now due to their changes in food prep.

>Why does this place get shit on?
Because Tacobell is the McDonalds of Mexican food, an americanized bastardization of the original product that has abandoned all pretense or other concerns for high speed and low cost. This, combined with the fact that Mexican cuisine has been "discovered" by white hipsters and middle management 30 sometimes on their trips to cabo saint lucas and other tourist destinations filled with armed guards to prevent the Narcos from kidnapping them as a cheaper alternative to travelling to Europe, means there has been a boom in mid range "artisan" mexican cuisine restaraunts - fron your Moes and Chipotle to generic sit downs.

All of this is marketed towards millenials desperate to feel authentic towards something in a world that has abandoned them without any hope or social values, so as a result they latch onto their "higher quality" mexicano authentico por pavor fare, and look down their noses at Taco Bell whose demographic remains firmly in the 16-25 drunk pothead and desperate poor college student range. Also the fact they assemble food with caulking guns.

>It tastes great
It's ok

The great irony of this is they had to because their previous "fresher" way of doing things was a huge vector for disease and lacking in sanitation control. With each store being responsible for it's own ingredients, prep, and storage, it was impossible for any sort of standard to be maintained.

Loaded potato griller or two cheesy bean and rice burritos

this

They only have those in Houston, Austin, and I think Dallas.

Spicy tostada, 2 crunchy tacos, small drink, just over $5. Sorry fatty.

Taco Bell as a treat? You poor thing, that's a very low expectation of what a food 'treat' is.

Fellow fat reporting in. I still usually spend about 5-7 dollars at TB because I then also stop at Arby's for a milkshake and Burger King for 2 deluxe bacon cheeseburgers. Greatest meal combo imo, you get all the flavors in one sitting.

probably because everything on the menu sounds like a joke

its pretty much gotten to the point of self parody

2 Beefy 5-Layer Burritos
-Sour Cream
1 Smothered Chicken Burrito
-Sour Cream

Fuck sour cream

I used to get the Volcano burrito when they had them shits. Since it's discontinued, I usually get either the chicken Doubledilla or chicken Cantina burrito, and a side of nachos and cheese. I love that yellow goopy shit.

I get a beefy five layer and 2 tacos every time I can't stop....oh and a large orange kickstart

taco bell serves an entirely different function. I have my mom if I want some real mex food.

fuck chipotle it's so fucking annoying

i liek quesadillas and chalupas

Not him but TC has turned to my hangover cure.

It helps they give me buy one / get one for a dollar deals. That's three meals for me.

Ground beef is actually that, no fillers.
Otherwise they are very down to earth. They are ridiculously cheap. Like 1.19 for three tacos cheap. It doesn't taste bad so I am sure it is spiced the hell out out of it to hide other things.

>tfw it's out of season
>it'll never be a permanent menu item

Grilled Stuft Burrito with beef and two Cheesy Bean and Rice burritos.

>fuck sour cream

Fuck you!

Please bring back the chicken bacon club chalupa.

and San Antonio

NO U

Honest to god, how in the duck do places like this actually stay in business? I legitimately don't understand.

If I want real Mexican food, I go to a streetside taco cart. But sometimes, I want Taco Bell. If you think Taco Bell is even trying to emulate real Mexican food, I feel bad for you.

I literally weigh 400 pounds, and I never spend more than $9 at Taco Bell. One of the $5 boxes with a large drink plus 2 bean burritos

Taco Bell is cheap. That much food at other fast food places is usually around 12 bucks

I actually work at a taco bell and id have to say we get shit on due to customer service. Im on of the nicest cashiers we have at my location bit some of these other ones that even work with me always have a shitty ass attitude. Its mostly the females cashiers that are working part time. Theres a location a few miles from the one i work at and i shit you not the 5 times ive gotten something from there after 12 its always been cold. My usual employee meal is a beef quesorito without chipotle sauce with extra rice add potato plus a two pack of cinna bons or an order of fiesta potatoes. Our employees meals can only be $5 or under before we get our %50 discount.

I remember when Taco Bell use to be cheap and the menu simple.
Now it's just a bunch shit that's the same and overpriced.

Chalupas.
No tomato.
Sub for shredded chicken.
Add guac.