Fml

oi ya kunts time to get dickered and get spoopy on some food stuff, enter if you dare *spoopy laughing*

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along,
bake-along, drink-along, pickling-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread, feel free to spam your own cook-along thread here too

last thread >xtra spoopy halloween edition!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Wvh0zxVrL8
youtube.com/watch?v=4dbrFdavAbM
youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4Rw3mNX4s
norecipes.com/recipe/chicken-nanban
syvum.com/recipes/inc/
soundcloud.com/user603261412/cry-me-a-river-chopped-by-og-ron-c
youtube.com/watch?v=ocZkGLiLMLc
youtube.com/watch?v=u1Eivw-8RKs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcCikqcuok
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sippin on one of these scotch ales while i do a few dishes and deciding on what exactly is about to happen here

this week is budget week luckily Im good at stretching my budget found some good things today went to like 5 grocery stores, then splurged on beer lol

>scotch ales

Do they have whisky in them or are they from Scotland?

Patti doesn't look spooked.

Good morning, OP. Whatcha cookin' today?

ive had one before that did have a whiskey taste but it was aged in whiskey barrels, this one tastes nothing like whiskey but it is 8.5%

sadly we cannot all be fearless comrade

mornin' m8, this is more like my evening tho, not exactly sure but i have a few ideas, might involve pic related which i scooped from aldi on sale

Last time I bought pancetta I fried it in maple syrup and put it in a sandwich made of fried sugary egg dipped brioche with gruyere, more maple syrup and dusted with icing sugar.

I could feel my foot falling off.

Good morning lads. I made some French onion soup that I thought was pretty aesthetic over the weekend but already posted it in a dead and rotting shell of a cookalong thread with two posters. May repost some hot pix later if work is slow enough. OP what magic powers do you have that makes your threads so good?

Pic unrelated, just a hungry Spooky in the kitchen

do something with the pasta and goat cheese.

m8 i plan to upgrade to a larger deep fryer in the next month, one reason is i want to be able to try frying larger things like monte cristos plus making larger batches of stuff when i have company, I will need to get a Rascal after that im sure

devil trips speak, spoopiness intensifies
desu honest m8 im annoyingly persistent, i support and encourage all cook along and OC threads and they are welcome to link here, theres like 100 threads on Veeky Forums and less than 10% are OC related at any given time, we must make Veeky Forums gr8 (again?), the fact these threads seem to get a lot of posters is proof there are still people here who like cooking and related lollygagging, I have not found a board i like more despite all the fast food threads etc, my fav threads on here are cook alongs specifically half assed/ghetto/no shits given cook alongs, anyone can watch some hoillywood style tv chefs on utube but these threads give a look into the everyday kitchen of somewhat normal people, im tipsy srry for ranting

i have decided on something and started flipping through the recipes already, but i will look into this cuz i love everything goat chz so maybe later in the week

gonna inspect these beans and get em soaking for this later tonight

>this bitch mean muggin me like we bout to fight, shit make me nervous

soakin, will get back to this later after optimum bean re-hydration has been achieved

so

gonna attempt the ol carbonara

never made it, only had it from OG Olive Garden once, so though it was dank as fuck, Ill have to say Ive never actually had it either

obviously I will be appealing to my fellow autisti/ck/s and not use cream

Well in my opinion if it has cream in it its not a carbonara. People are free to make it, and enjoy it, but don't call it a carbonara because it isn't one.

but m8s i do have it on deck so dont get too comfortable i will burn this motherfucker to the ground

I dunno.
I have my Great Grandmothers recipe book from 1912 and it clearly states to add cream.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Wvh0zxVrL8

so ive researched i know people get very opinionated about this dish, the things im doing differently than muy authentic are as follows so pls try not to sperg too hard, Im doing my best to not throw chicken in it it appears to be lacking on the protien
>i am using these pasta knot things they look fancy and were on sale at aldi so srry not spagetti
>i will be using garlic some people say no garlic i like garlic im using it
>parsley is controversial i like it
>people argue over the types of cheese

these blocks of parm and romano are seriously a year or more old, no mold i just carefully shaved all the edges offso this is the good part i plan to use it all so the porportions of everything else will depend on this chz, this is poorfag math class

>BFFs 5ever

Gibby is gonna make such a great kitchen cat

Do you grind your garlic with a weed grinder? That's actually not a terrible idea

youtube.com/watch?v=4dbrFdavAbM

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4Rw3mNX4s

ok prep was easy very simple recipe

if the electric stove god takes mercy on me i might not make it into an omelet even

Is that garlic or peppercorns?

Looks like peppercorns, but why not garlic too?

With A weed grinder, sure, but I really hope that isn't his main grinder.

Why fuck with putting garlic in a grinding tool when it's much faster, easier, and less cleanup to simply smack it with the flat side of your knife?

Yes. Would give each a large piece of ham and pancake if there. So cute.

What kinds of people food do they like?

You might have fun making a carbonnade some time, OP. It's a delicious beef/dark beer/bacon stew with lots of garlic and fresh herbs.

You'll form a lot of fond while browning the meat, so I'd suggest using the same pot for making the stew. It's very nice.

He probably has a spices-only grinder. I know I do.

A person might want a different size of garlic bits, I guess?

>A person might want a different size of garlic bits, I guess?

Smack gently if you want large bits. Smack harder if you want it fine.

I really don't know. There are a bizzare amount of unitools for garlic, so I don't pretend to understand people when it comes to this.

1st time so im trying to make it legit this time i may play with other recipes later

:)

naw i use it mainly for peppercorns and rock salts untill i get nicer mills, garlic would work but itd be a pain in the dick to get it out and clean i think, i want a decent garlic press for when im in a rush

yeah I have more than a few grinders but i hardly get flower these days

lol, the kitten will eat literally anything right now the other cats wont take more than a nibble of anything, I rarely feed them people food and they end up not trusting it after a while, i will look into that recipe, i am making a list of dishes to try eventually

i could use a gar' press for dishes that only need frsh garlic to save dishwashing and time

boiling the water for pasta and got hot water in my mixing bowl so its hot when i need it

fryin up dat fancy bacon shit in some evoo and gonna throw garlic in after it cooks a bit

egg + cheese, i broke out the whisk and got it for seriious mixed up after pic

a bit more pasta than i was aiming for but ill allow it

It's not much, but here's an apple bacon salad with pomegranate arils

tossing it in the pancetter and fat getting it nice and hot before i add the sauce, this apparently is where people farm it

2 for $10 lobsters, & porterhouses. Patrician as a mofo

that bacon looks dank i would like to get some stuff like that for burgers

so tossed it in my warm bowl, added a bit of pasta water and more chz, salt pepper, parsley more chz

and yes this pile of pasta is the size of a regulation football and that is not a problem ok

m8 do you live in 1956 where can i get these prices geez, looks good

Goddamn it I lose my shit every time I see this cats adorable goofy ass face

rekt it

was pretty damn good think i got pretty close, next time i know how to adjust the sauce a bit better, would make it slightly creamier but not much, fed some leftover baconshit to Giblitron

deuce

It looks delicious, OP.
Would shove in face/10

Same.

I love these kitties

>next time i know how to adjust the sauce a bit better
that took me two or three tries when i started making carbonara myself, knowing how much egg + cheese + pasta water i'd have to use. but after a while mine got quite good, i'd say

SW MI, Kroger. Still have 4 left in the freezer and getting autistic obsessive about going and buying a couple more. That's some good looking pasta m8, would nosh like I was let out of cage/10, well done!

>bacon wrapped chicken
Consider the following: norecipes.com/recipe/chicken-nanban

What cheese did you use?
Using pecorino makes all the difference
Also don't bother with garlic, keep it simple.
Made some sorta veggie and bean curry type thing today myself, had the basic idea and ingredients and just winged it but it turned out delicious as fuck.
Should probably try it with lentils next time.

>the basic idea and ingredients
what are the essentials of simple curry? i want to make cheap and easy rice dishes since i'm running out of money

My joule came in. Shits dope

Steak came out perfect, sprouts were done sous vide as well, taters were good

Last night was comfy soup night because fall finally showed up here in South Carolina

Recipe and cookalong linked to ded thred so I don't shit up this threads post count

syvum.com/recipes/inc/

Navigate for seafood & veg.

I actually have no idea, never made 'proper' curry using recipe or anything
but my recipe went
>soak the beans
>sweat some onion and celery in a pot
>add oil and curry paste, mix it all
>throw in some sweet potato and carrots, fry for a while
>add bell peppers, some hot chiles, ginger al chopped and the beans to the pot
>mix it all up, add chicken stock, some fish sauce, salt and spices
>simmer until beans are soft and some of the water has reduced
>add coconut cream, simmer a bit for THICC stew
wa la

looks pretty gud

So what makes a good chicken breast marinade? Should it just stay salty or garlicy? Or are there more places to branch out into?

I am drinking keystone light

are the sprouts any good? they seem kinda moist

Y'all like some fried fish?

Not cooking anything tonight since I have food left over from last night and I just now got home from work, but I'll have a drink with you OP. Cheers.

Yeah they were good.
Sous vide for 40 min at 183f, stuck under the broiler then tossed in a really fucking good vinaigrette

bean expansion activated

k so time to make beans, ive done it before and this my go to when I dont have spare cash for tacos and shit, giant pot of meaty beans maybe rice, song related for all the bean haters out there

>song related fml

soundcloud.com/user603261412/cry-me-a-river-chopped-by-og-ron-c

i made some beans recently and was super mad that my local grocery store didn't have queso fresco

pls elaborate what kinda beans, you add the queso fresca or sprinkle on top? love queso fresco, just fry up slices in a skillet shit is so cash

im excited this is a nice little mix of small and large kidney beans and some black beans

so i already have my crock pot warm, added the beans, these are the dry ingredients,
>cajun powder
>garlic salt
>smoked chipotle powder
>smoked habenarro powder
>fresh ground black people
>Knorr Stock Potâ„¢
>3 bay leaves

also not pictured is 6 cloves chopped garlic

added all of that and poured almost boiling water over it

also adding this smoked hock and this smoked pork jowl bacon i got for a sweet deal

there is a large onion, poblano and serrano, all chopped in a skillet which i will also add as soon as they are beginning to get soft, no pic because i was rushing to get this shit in the crock pot

ok, now the waiting game, looks pretty meh, but i tell u i got a feeling about this batch i think its gonna be dank

will stir it every now and then, towards the end Ill slice and fry up some sausage and add it after i get that hock out and seperate the meat, then imma thicken it up to about the consistency of a chocolate malt from whataburger, if you dont know that shit is thick will fuck your straw right up, yer lungs will cave in trying to drink that shit

minced those peppers i was rehydrating to the point they look like used chewing tobacco and threw that in too

Some Thai Curry

can you play your cat like a bongo for me? thanks in advance

I made some wang.
165 for 4 hours.

Wait for oil to get hot...

Get plate ready with blue cheese dressing
because here it come.

Be disgusting fuck and devour it before pic.
Meh, I'm drunk.
That's my excuse and I'm holding on to it.

progress report: its gettin there m8

that looks intereting, I need to get into thia food I tried it once and wasnt impressed but I know they have something id like

only the older cat can get into that, ill do it later tho

sou vide wings eh? i wish i had one of those things just to experiment and figure out some weird shit

this is not sausage

theres a lot of meat left on those wings my friend...

Too many naked people in the catalog. Cant shitpost at work in peace.

so i wanted cornbread, had no milk, found recipe, wa frickin la

well, the beans are damn good, i did the rice because it is what normies do but honestly i do not give a crud about the rice,

the cornbread...it taste good to bh, but its weird and tried to stick to the pan and got crumbly, destroyed 2 pieces to get this one, we call that team work around here

Try rosecoco beans if you like spicy bean stews like that. I switched to them over kidney beans after I tried a bag for making chili a couple of years back.

What is that PBR beer like?

You can get it some places in the UK, but it is very expensive. How does it compare to the likes of Coors and Bud? Worth getting some?

>What is that PBR beer like?

It's a generic macrobrew lager. Better than bud, but nothing special.

>>Worth getting some
Not at inflated prices it's not.

Thought it might be, see it around here quite a lot so you never know.

Cheers user

PBR has had a recent surge in popularity among hipsters, etc so it's become something of a trend these days. But it's really nothing special, it's just popular among people who want a basic lager but don't want to be seen ordering bud because that would not fit their fedora image. It's not a bad beer, but it's certainly nothing I'd pay a premium for.

will look into it but never noticed those beans for sale before

m8 pretty much this if its overpriced compared to decent beer in your area its not really worth it, i would spring for it once for the novelty tho, its got the best flavor out of the low class beer in its price range, what are they trying to charge? its like $5.50-6.50USD here for 6-16oz cans

>recent surge in popularity among hipsters
triggered m8, this was redneck beer first

I buy them from my local Achmed shop. They're slightly smaller than kidney.

noice

Dunno about that, but I buy it cause it's cheap... Its like 4 bucks cheaper for a 24 pack than bud light at my local store.

I am very happy with my joule

Fuck, I need to go get some steak now.

I have been swooping on any manager special steaks and just vacuum sealing/freezing them in prep. my freezer is stacked right now. its glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocZkGLiLMLc

youtube.com/watch?v=u1Eivw-8RKs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcCikqcuok

its time to eat something that is not bean related, still deciding

also on a sad note, looters got my pumpkin:(

looters: 1
festivity: 0

id have destroyed that too, you fucking faggot

Did you come in here just to insult a pumpkin?

,':^0

Can you teach me to be cool like you?

How did you convince your cat to stay off the counter unless you put her there?

my cats dont give a shit about human food, so the only reason she is on the counter is for positive attention, and to be more specific she is only allowed on the surface i put on the counter like a towel or whatever and she knows this

the kitten doesnt know these things yet and im focusing mor on making her comfortable than teaching her boundaries, my oldest cat couldnt give a shit, shell hop on the counter only to trigger me and shes a cunt m8