/alk/ general

I've already had 4 shandys today and it's almost 3pm...

Manly aren't we

bump. turned 26 today so I am going to go home and drink all day alone like I always do on my birthday.

Currently on day 3 of not drinking having drunk at least half a bottle of gin a night for well over a year.

Sleep is better, motivation is better, I generally feel better, but the "brain fog" or whatever you call it is still there and I am finding concentration difficult. Hopefully this will pass.

It will. Just don't start drinking again the second you start to feel normal

what do you do at night?
How do you handle the boredom of not drinking?

>shandy

jesus christ.

I don't plan to, aiming to have one or two drinks on the weekend and none during the week. Still want to enjoy it, but not do it all the time to excess.

That has been the hardest part so far. Started reading and playing video games, plan to start cooking some new things too. Might start going to the gym at night, but it is always packed and I don't like going when there are loads of people.

tfw can't be alcoholic because 24hr work schedule

Happy birthday user!

happy b day bro

I work 8:00am to 4:00pm and are on call 24/7 and I usually work every single night most often between 8pm - 11pm but it is not unusual for me to be operating power tools and even cutting concrete at 3 am in which at 2:55am I was fast asleep.

>I start drinking at 4:05pm and I am drunk all night and all my bosses know it
>i sleep on site
>tfw they just ask me how the hell I do it

Whats worse is that I have a friend who frequents the same bars I do and runs a similar schedule but he is a fuel technician for a major fuel company

>he is looks at me cross eyed with a big drunken grin at the bar when his phone rings and shouts "HERE WE GO AGAIN"
>he sleeps in his work van half the time because often it doesn't make sense for him to go home
>tfw he works with 10" fuel supply valves and million gallon tanks full of gasoline, propane, diesel, kerosene and whatever in this state.

Jesus Christ get some help you guys

bout to go grocery shopping and get wasted off of cheap vodka when I get back

Thanks. that means a lot to me ;_;

kudzu root pills. look into them. they won't stop you drinking but they cut the cravings OFF. they've probably saved my life even I'm still downing between a fifth and pint per night

you're not alone :)

Shandy? How many dicks did OP suck before 3pm also?

Ive been trying to cut down my drinking but its hard. I just like the taste of spice and wood, even if I only have a sip one day I'm getting too reliant that I could develop a serious problem.

happy birthday. I had a dream last night that everyone in my life forgot it was my birthday hopefully that didn't happen to ya. But I am 27 and have had quite a few years of drinking alone on my birthday so
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's alright user!

dont feel ashamed bro i turned 21 this year and drank a whole bottle of whiskey on my birthday. had to get my stomach pumped but it made me forget about my life for once

Pansy. I drank a 5th and went driving last night

Ayy,

Would people be able to smell if I chugged 2/3 colt 45s? I'd open email outside and chug em outside but I'm just worried about my breath (even after brushing/flossing) since alch comes out of your lungs or some shit

Was supposed to quit drinking on Monday and drank that day and every day since. Plus I went out and bought another fucking bottle last night, which I didn't even open so I clearly never needed. Fuck, I hate how poor my impulse control is, especially when drunk.

>responsible drilling.

wow you're really fucking cool dude
they could probably smell it on your breath yeah, but it wouldn't be super obvious if you don't breathe too close

What about the room, would it smell of booze from my breath as a breathe?

*As I

>day 3 of not drinking
>Sleep is better
what the fuck

when I stop drinking I can't sleep at all for 3 days. I'm shaking and shitting and the spiders start racing across the ceiling

I mean depending on the size of the room but you should be alright. maybe chug some water after and chew some gum or even brush your teeth if you can

I dunno in my experience slamming booze and then immediately joining people who you don't want to know you just slammed booze is usually a bad idea, unless you're a pro but it doesn't sound like you are

so like i dunno do what you gotta do good luck brother

What do you guys think about Bulleit Rye? Good shit or nah?

It's pretty good.

I'm not one of the aficionados, but I like rye whiskeys more than most. Bulleit is completely non offensive and quite good if you ask me.

Better than most

It's absolutely my favorite mid-shelf whiskey.
It's not going to impress any snobs but it's a great mid-range rye

listening to New Order on the radio working my way through an eight pack of lucky, my drinking window is pretty much down to three or four hours a day during the week but I make it work.

currently concocting a plan to get my girlfriend back, trying to find my witch hat, trying to not drink too much but I only have eight 5% beers so I think I'm good.

i've woken at 1.30 am because of withdrawal. can someone please arrange a hitman?

>tfw stuck in 3 day sober 2 day binge drink cycle for a month

still better than a 0 day sober 5 day binge drink cycle

this is true
but i am drunk now.
this almost killed me before. why do i stil do this?

sent ;)

I hate this shit. Been drinking non-stop for like 8 years, but the past few months I've been trying to quit. I'll go for like a week sober and feel and look great and then something will trigger in me and I'll just go on a multiple day binge. Happens on and off and I fucking hate it.

Why can't I just stay sober? When I go for periods without booze, after the initial couple of days I feel on top of the world and proud of myself. I want that feeling to last forever.

Yeah I recently had one of my friends fuck some girl I was getting really close to and it sent me on some really bad binges where I basically destroyed most of my relationships.

>drink all day long for several days
>can't even drink anymore and don't get drunk so stop
>horrible hangover
>feel great when the hangover goes away, start thinking about how i will fix my life and stop drinking completely
>couple of days go and i feel incredibly anxious about everything and can't get anything done so i start to drink to make it feel better
>repeat 47 times in a row

because deep inside you want to do what gives you the most pleasure
If the only thing left you enjoy is alcohol then it's pretty obvious what will happen

>tfw already halfway done with a can of bud light
>it's only 9PM

help me

just walk around, study something, write, think, watch movies, cook and eat something interesting, call or talk to someone.
Try to do something around the house or get a project started.

were gonna make it
ive been in the place where you you are fucked every day, throwing up stomach lining
and now i can go multiple days away from it (when i was dying i was dry for 18 months)
it just never ends
fuck this drug

Anyone else here extremely well functioning while drunk? Drinking motivates me to do a lot of productive stuff I otherwise wouldn't do, the only problem is that at some point during the binge I'll lose control and drink enough to black out and become an asshole.

Fuck. I love you guys, but I don't want this life anymore.

the anxiety can start between 4-7 days after stopping and may last a couple of weeks or even like a month. If it is an underlying condition it may come and go or just be there a bit for a while longer, also. But learning to cope with those feelings is part of becoming a stronger person who doesn't need to self medicate with alcohol-- so even though the anxiety or whatever may not totally go away, you will become better at coping if you keep at it.
You waste a lot more time when you are drunk all the time than if you are actively trying.

>You waste a lot more time when you are drunk all the time than if you are actively trying.
Yeah but being drunk feels better.

It's a scary feeling when you go days being drunk and realize it's like 5 days later and you barely remember any of it.

The worst fucking shit is finding drunk conversations with sober people and how ungodly cringey you were during them. Holy fuck I avoid reading that shit at all costs anymore and pray people don't bring up shit I said.

just drink vodca

>get wasted as fuck and end up telling several girls that i want to spank them

Anyone else have terrible recurring hemorrhoids?

This.
>be me functional
> very busy at my business
>slam a 375 ml 1 block from my house
> wife has no idea drink 6-8 beer at night
>kids are just getting into junior high
> afraid they will pickup on it soon
>get up every day work like a motherfucker
> earn lots of cash
>wife complains of drinking
> never miss any kids stuff ever
Anons, suggestions I need your help sick of being hungover and battling through it every day
Help faggots!

Why do you drink? Are you unhappy with your life?

rotate your compensation meds. aspirin, ibu, nyquil, dayquil, dramamine, milk thistle, kudzu, b vitamins, dont take any of them more than a few times in a row. powerade zero is your best friend, followed by vitamin water.

you're not that bad, i drink almost twice that and also have kids/high demand job and shit

>Why do you drink?

That's a stupid question amirite lads

I mean I know why I drink, but really, I was just wondering if you had a particular reason for it when you have a family.

I'm so lonely.

No user I think I am drinking because of stress on job. I never speak of my job at home when I get home I am engaged with my kids but they are getting older and will notice soon. I compartmentalize as best I can with my job but I need to better without booze. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help user
I come from /b/ this board is great I come from there cause there was only /a/ and /b/ when I found Veeky Forums.

shandy? faggot

These threads are easily some of the chillest and friendliest on the board other than the random shitposters we get every now and then (best to not feed those). It's refreshing in between all the rampant shitposting and dickheads on this board these days.

>Any suggestions?

Well, your guess is as good as mine. I've been drinking for almost a decade now, but I have been cutting back a lot with sheer willpower and determination mostly. Tired of losing my looks, health and money to this shit when it only makes things worse.

Ayy,

I'm in Canafuck so our prices suck.

I can get a 200 ml bottle of vodka for 7 bucks. Would u recommend I get that and drink it quick OR get a 350 ml bottle for 13 bucks? I only want to get drunk one night and 350 ml ends up being overkill for me (go ahead and crucify me I'm lightweight) but I want to know if it's worth the extra money to get the 350

Bought 350ml of Appleton V/X, 350ml of Bombay Sapphire, 2 bottles of red wine and a bottle of white wine yesterday. I haven't drunk for 21 days.

I have this week off, and enough liquor to drown in.

I've only had three ounces of the Appleton though (mixed it with coke).

Yeah, shitting is the worst part of my day, every day.

Exact opposite. Shitting is the most relaxing part of the day.

No hemorrhoids.

I sometimes just sit on the toilet for an hour because the process of shitting was too painful to bother whiping.

> 9pm
Bedtime is 7pm for me.

> tfw had a sip of sangria before 5pm

200 never does anything for me but make me crave more. 375 is the perfect size for me, gets me as far as I need to go with minimal symptoms the next day. I used to buy fifths, and at my worst handles. In the end it didn't save me a dime of money, I just ended up drinking way more than I do now.

Not him, but 375 is usually enough to make me black out even after all the years I've been drinking. I'm a pretty small person though.

I'm 230lb, 6'4'', and 200ml of liquor is enough to nearly cease cognitive function.

Just get a 200 then if it's enough for you. In my experience buying excess booze is a recipe for disaster. Also jealous of your lightweightness. I'm a big guy so I either have to drink big or drink quickly on an empty stomach

Thank you user good advise. I think I need to wean down. Yes once ina while there is a good response and not a shit post. Godspeed user

Buy the cheapest big bottle and drink as much as you need.

>there are no women on the internet

Careful, you'll trigger the lurking robots.

>Woke up at 6am
>Come 8am already drank half-litre bottle of whisky
Meh.

user that got me in rehab. Still not abstinent but drinking much less. Also take this as you like, but my shit didn't start imploding until I started day drinking. Rock bottom hit me amazingly fast once I started morning drinking.

Not all the time, and not all of being drunk feels better. The guilt, hangovers, anxiety, physical and emotional pain, unclear thinking, self-loathing, depression, morosity, suicidal thoughts, arguments, putting yourself and others in danger... all of those things also happen when you are drinking or because of drinking. Probably because drunk people do more stupid shit that is regrettable than not drunk people.

Just saying user, you can feel good when you aren't drunk. When you are drunk, whatever feeling you end up with is not under your control and harder to get out of. And it's totally unpredictable (and often embarrassing).

However, drinking moderately and getting a little buzz on from time to time feels much better than being sober forever and restricting yourself. But you have to be able to feel okay sober to learn how to pace yourself. Otherwise you will keep failing.

Sometimes, even though this isn't always the case, it seems like people want to wallow in their addictions because they are literally too lazy to do emotional or mental work.

Lmaooo like, how do you even get addicted to alcohol. It's the last thing I think of doing when I'm alone, what is even the point when you're not in a social gathering?

People who are alcoholics are weak-willed and weak-minded.

Yeah, when I was getting drunk almost every day most of my conversations that I can remember were these garbage confession verbal outpourings that at the time I thought were me getting closer to people. I cringe thinking about those years now, and get anxious whenever I consider trying to legitimately reconnect with people I used to be acquainted with when I was a complete degenerate.
Granted, spending more time alone and not leaving the house or socializing has helped me drink less, but the loneliness and boredom get me down. Trying to get more motivated to do things like leave the house or whatever is tough when I don't feel the need to run down to a bar and pretend I'm being social while getting blackout drunk as quickly as possible.
It eventually fell apart.

Anyone here ever drink arak? Any brands worth getting in the US?

I had it the last time I visited Iran ~13 years ago. I think it was a Lebanese brand.

>drink more than ever last night
>wake up today and feel like shit, tell myself i'll go to bed early (11PM-12AM)
>gets to 11PM
>order junk food delivery and slam a couple whiskey cokes
>will probably be up until 6AM

It will be fun they said

You are always alone and thus you would die from consuming too much. Go catch a pokemon and jerk off to pictures of anime children.

Those of you who still have your looks and are still young enough, please, please get off this ride now before it's too late. Shit isn't worth it, man.

goddamnit man, don't make this real

I think it is because I am exhausted from not sleeping properly for so long - never wake up refreshed after drinking and getting up for a piss a couple of times a night is really disruptive.

Day 4 now - slept really well last night but feel a bit crap this morning for some reason. Going to stay hydrated and go to the gym later.

Was really tempted to drink last night actually, didn't get a job that I really wanted so was very close to opening a bottle of wine and sipping away to the small hours. Glad I didn't though. Looking forward to a beer this weekend though.

I like it, but personally prefer the regular bourbon. It is really good stuff.

I wish someone had told me that before I lost a good 50% of my hair (not MPB, both sides of the family have super thick hair), the skin on my face started sagging, dark circles started forming under my eyes and wrinkles started appearing at 28 years old.

Fuck this shit. I used to be fucking goddamn decent looking.

It's my birthday today. I'm suspending all responsibilities until tomorrow. I am home alone all day today.

I have stocked
>30 0.5 liter cans of cheap 5% abv beer
>two liters of red wine, 13,5% abv
>a bottle and a half of high proof bourbon
>a bottle of Lagavulin
>about 1.5 grams of medical grade Dutch weed

I'm going to hunker down with a bottle waiting for Kim Dotcom to drop the 33,000 emails. Today is going to be a good day.

>>a bottle of Lagavulin

I recommend cracking that open after a couple of beers but before you lost the ability to taste. That stuff is seriously nice.

Happy Birthday user

Thank you user.

I might not even open that bottle, but just having it near is reassuring. Gonna take it easy for now.

bump for my alcbros to abandon the fake thread

New thread:

Fuck off.

Anyway. I have some 151. I don't care. I'm drinking it.

Fuck off, faggot.

Cool.
Classic /alk/ islamophobia.

>islamophobia
Justified given everything going on.

Whenever I drink really heavily (a bottle of something between me and a friend, maybe a little more or a little less) these days my pee is orange the next day (usually only once, and then its mostly clear), even after drinking a lot of water. It also takes me forever to even need to pee in the first place. Also there's a vague/dull pain in the lower left side of my back

Is this just dehydration and hypochondria or should I avoid large amounts of alcohol for the foreseeable future?

My piss is always orange the next day, sometimes multiple times. I'm still alive