Fixing a picky eater

How do I get my boyfriend into drinking wine and trying new foods? I've reached my tipping point. Last night we went to a dinner event for work and it was quite a nice fancy restaurant. Instead of ordering a proper drink, he got coke and he disliked the food on the menu and asked the waiter if the chef could do either chicken strips and fries or spaghetti and meatballs (to which the waiter said no). The waiter smirked and my friends were just kind of amused but it's embarassing. He is an awesome guy but he has the pallet of a 5 year old and whenever I suggest we try something new he will refuse. Whenever we order pizza if it has veggies he will pick them off so normally we must get either a plain cheese or pepperoni. I am just tired of it.

Subtle, but your bait stinks. The pizza was a reach.

Hm?

He is saying you are trying to get a rise out of people by posting a fake inflammatory story. He caught it though when you were too obvious by saying your boyfriend only likes pepperoni and cheese pizzas.

Sounds like you're the one into cheese pizza OP

If you want to learn to shitpost with style and credibility, give me a call at you-fagfucking-pre-pubescent-numbskull. It'll be extraplanetary for you since Neanderthals went extinct quite some time ago.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a troll. My friend had a bf like yours, and I know how frustrating it can be (like when we all went on vacation and he wanted to go to Sonic three days in a row).

The only way we were able to get him to eat grown up food was to slowly adapt his shit taste to better things without his knowledge. We'll use onions as an example. Don't ask your bf if he's okay with you putting onions in say, your soup or whatever you're making. Just cut them up small and add some onion powder, and he more than likely won't notice. Then whenever it comes up later, like if he's refusing to eat something that noticeably has onions it it by complaining that he "hates" onions, just tell him that he's been eating them this whole time without complaints.

Another way is to get really excited about cooking, and make something different everyday. Again, don't ask his opinion, don't try to coerce or "suggest" you try something different. Just make whatever you want and get rid of any easy options (like hot pockets, etc) in the house. Chances are, he'll suck it up and eat the food.

Start by talking to him maybe? It's a shitty relation if he shames you and you can't tell him you have a problem with that.
Tell him it's not his fault he have a 5yo palate, he somehow never got proper gastronomy education, but it's never too late.
Then read parenting books and adapt recommendations to a man-child.
After that develop a diaper fetish.
And finally, eat shit OP.

Tell him you'll give him a blowey joey later as long as he eats big boy food

This should do it. Slowly introduce him to new foods without his permission. Do it in increments and try to hide the food if you can.

Don't try to sneak him food, that's a good way to make your boyfriend fucking hate you when he realises. Deception isn't a great idea.

My two most recent exes were actually exactly like this. The first one I broke up with for an unrelated reason but I bitched at him endlessly about his eating habits until he got depressed and fat. The second one I actually dumped IN a michelin star restaurant when he asked if he could just have a dr. pepper and go out for hotdogs afterwards, because he did it just to spite me for taking the train into NYC instead of driving him (we live in farmville, south Jersey) (he was also 24 and scared to learn to drive).

Sounds like you mad the right choice. I hate men with pallets of a 5 year old it's so embarrassing especially when there are people around.

>men with pallets
What do they stack on their pallets?

Not sure but when I got fed up with my bf refusing to drink anything but tap water and soda and eat fast food/frozen stuff I started fucking my ex until our lease was up and then dumped him.

I'm a pretty picky eater (not quite as bad as this dude, I can usually find a few things on a menu I like), and honestly no one's attempts to MAKE me eat well did shit. I had to want it for myself before any serious change started.

Five years olds!

Honestly, I don't get these threads. I never gave a fuck what people ate. If I cooked something my wife didn't want then oh well, she's on her own. If I took a date out to a nice Italian restaurant and my date couldn't find something she wanted then oh well, looks like I'll be full and she'll be hungry.

I don't accommodate people. I serve typical foods and go to typical restaurants. If they're picky then they should already have contingencies in place for feeding themselves.

I just don't care. I'm normal, they are not. And I don't have the energy to try to change anyone. I don't want to change anyone. They can do / eat WTH they want.

You got yourself a manchild provided you're not bullshitting. You're wasting your time if you're trying to change that.

My friend's wife is the same way. Worst I seen was when we went camping. We had all kinds of great food... Steaks, salmon, grilled shrimp, campfire baked potatoes, etc. She refused to eat ANY of it, with the exception of Little Debbie snack cajes someone had. Friend had to drive her into town (nearly 25 miles ) either before or after everyone ate to get fast food.

Break up with him. At a certain point you need to stop wasting your time with immature people.

>pallet
There's that word again

All people like this need to be exterminated. They are products of the corporate American brainwashed consumer culture who can't enjoy something unless it's prepackaged or covered in salt, grease, cheese, bullshit and served in some kind of attractive box or paper bag that stimulates their tiny brains.

It's usually just because they grew up poor and survived on freezer meals when they should have been developing a complex palate.

You live in a facebook videogame?

Freezer meals are more expensive than cooking with real ingredients, if you're not stupid.

Not for a single mom who's out working as opposed to cooking

b8

>"out working"

Why does having a job magically increase the cost of cooking one type of meal but not others?

My BF is kinda picky too but I think I can deal with it, thing is I don't think he actually hates most things (there a few exception he really does) he just hasnt tried or had bad version made by his family.

My plan is to make stuff I know he likes then maybe throw in a sidedish with iffyer stuff

Skrink-wrapped boxes of frozen chiken nuggers, of course!

Kek'd

Bait or not I had a friend like this in middle school. Fucker ate nothing but fried chicken, pepperoni pizza, and calzones because they "had less tomato in them than pizza". Like I mean this kid had a panic attack when we took him out somewhere and they had no pizza. His parents would take him to McDonalds before our families would go out to eat together.

Not to mention we lived in Japan at the time and he was missing out on so much good and varied kinds of food. He and his parents said that his tastebuds were too sensitive and that's why he only ate oily bullshit.

I'm still kind of mad.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE FAGGOT

Because it can ruin a day. If you're with friends, and everybody wants to go to a nice restaurant, it ruins it if you have Captain Manchild in the backseat complaining that he wants tendies.

I've had to deal with this on several occasions with a few different friends, and having them throw a fit and sulk until we go to the exact restaurant they want to because they're such a picky fuck is the most exhausting thing in the world.

When you're working constantly and raising multiple kids on your own, it's pretty easy to be too exhausted to do serious meal prep. Throwing some shit on a tray and leaving it in the oven for half an hour is a much more tempting concept.

How do people like this seriously function? Christ.

>how do I force him to drink
Coming from someone who never drinks, kill yourself

>I like soda pop because beer tastes funny haha!

Maaaaan chiiiiiiiillllddddd

GOAT

not op but thanks for some tests. my gf's brother only eats chicken strips, pizza, and fries (common trend?) and my gf is picky in the same right but has a larger palette. is picky eating hereditary? pic is a steak I made

Your eating habits usually come from your upbringing, so being raised by the same parents would do it.

A palate takes development, you can't just go from being raised on bland freezer meals and takeaway and then abruptly go to fine dining, it takes time. And it's the kind of time and effort most people find daunting and unappealing as an adult.

Source: I'm a picky manchild eater and I'm trying to fix it, gradually.

At least you want to change. Many picky eaters would never take it into consideration.

It's mostly a social thing for me. I want to be able to go out to restaurants without scrutinising the menu extensively beforehand, I don't want to make my friends feel like they can't go to nice places because I'm a baby. It makes dating especially hard.

having someone bitch at you that the shit you cooked for them isn't good enough because they still eat like a child wears you down really fast. obviously the right answer is drop that faggot asap, but sometimes people get too comfortable in their misery.

>I don't accommodate people
wew you sound fun to be around

how about you make your kids cook with you to compensate for the extra work you lazy undisciplined fuck, and working has nothing to do with cost, please learns yous an edumacation

new thread

Do you really think introducing children into a kitchen REDUCES the work involved in prepping a meal? Have you ever cooked with a child before?

How do I fix being a picky eater, Veeky Forums?
I tried Eel and I didn't like it.

Oh I'm sorry, I grew up cooking in the kitchen because my parents didn't take shit and were fucking educated. Go fuck off with your ignorant peasantry problems and go eat McDonalds you fat fuck. You clearly have no desire to cook healthy and nutritionally balanced meals for your family. My mother worked AND cooked all of our meals, how much do you really love your family?

Picky eaters are the worst. There's only one type of food I won't eat and that's Indian food. Cumin is gross.
My friend won't eat anything with any condiment. He will order burgers and make sure it's just beef and bread, or go to Chipotle and only get meat cheese salsa rice. Drives me batty

>Parents
>ParentS
There we go.

There is some evolutionary genetics involved, oddly enough. We are naturally adverse against eating things we did not eat as a child. Smrt people are quessing it is because it protected us back in the caveman days from eating dangerous shit.

That said my wife was not really a picky eater, but here palate was and still kinda is horrible.
This is because she grew up with her mothers cooking (who was a institutional kitchen cook, ie lunch lady), where any spice besides salt and pepper was unheard of. her food is _bland_ and incidentally that is also the type of food my wife likes. It took me some time to make her even distinguish garlic and onions or pork and beef.

>making tacos with gf
>she doesn't eat red meat
>I make some delicious ground beef filling with various spices and flavorings
>she makes skinless chicken breast cut up with not even salt
>we're in my kitchen with tons of spices right next to her
I just don't know bros

>cumin is gross
>so write off an entire cuisine
You're in no place to be judging anybody, friend.

He may be confusing with cilantro/coriander, it taste like soap in some genetically deficient people. Makes pretty much all Asian cuisine taste like soap, or at least it doesn't encourage exploring cuisine if you can't touch half the things you order in a restaurant.

Make her mildly seasoned, but tasty chicken breast. If she's into it, teach her to make it herself. Wean her onto seasoning.

Worked for me, I was that pathetic for a while. Only works if she's willing to try new things though, can't really be forced.

>quessing
Does this mean putting queso on food?

sensitive taste buds? lmfao. That's what you call retarded taste buds.

my brother, sister, and myself... All differ in terms of taste.

I eat almost anything and I'm not opposed to trying new things.

My sister won't touch anything that is considered 'fermented' or 'dirty' or anything that she doesn't like, so it has lead to her eating pizza and ordering home delivered food with uber.

my brother won't touch anything that is creamy, cheesey, or minced meat, or has too much sauce. (pretty sure he was molested when he was younger)

Hey, I don't mean that it's a hard and fast rule by any means, but the food you're fed as a kid does have a big impact on your palate, that shit has to develop. So if two kids of the same parents end up with similar picky eating issues, it's not really much of a reach to say it's probably caused by their upbringing.

There's a million variables which can cause picky eating, though. A lot of the time it's straight up autism, it's one of the more common symptoms in "high functioning" cases. The kind of people who never get diagnosed.

Honestly coming from somebody who was relatively picky as a child and well into my early twenties, if you're making an effort, you will change. I mean, hell, I didn't like tomatoes until I was 21/22 iirc. I ended up eating them on a grilled cheese that came with them when there were no other options at the restaurant that looked good to me, and I thought grilled cheese would be a safe bet.

Now I fucking love them, and have branched out my tastes to were stuff that I would never usually eat has become my favorite foods.

nice

>have an insanely picky younger cousin
>literally will only chicken fingers and fries and poptarts without icing for breakfast
>has eaten like this every single day for years
>parents try to get him to try different veggies or proteins
>refuses and will literally vomit if he tries to eat anything that isn't the chickie nugger and fries
>parents tried to sneak him fish sticks by convincing him they were just square chicken fingers
>he ate them but said he did not like the square chicken fingers
>has to take nutrient pills to supplement his diet and not die

On another note, is there anyone in the universe that DOES NOT like chicken fingers? What is it about them that the manchildren are content eating only them?

I accidentally a word

>had an ex gf that would only eat chicken nugger and fries and various forms of cake
> used laxatives and cocaine to stay skinny
>didn't suck dick

worst human, dumped her, kept the dog.

sounds like you made some bad life decisions to end up in that situation, user

it's my specialty

>good cookin and bad choices

Seriously we fought fucking wars and killed millions of people for hundreds of years of spices.

Chicken is just the most inoffensive meat, and commonly fed to children, so it gets introduced to their palate early.

Fingers/nuggets/tenders/whatever are just a very easy, simple way to present crumbed, fried chicken.

... was he a virgin when you met him maybe stop dating a kid you fucking pedophile.. Not everyone likes to drink

Chicken tenders arent inherently bad, but they are pretty bland and very inoffensive, and not appropriate for every meal. Theyre like the plain potato chips of chicken.

this is becoming a pet peeve i didn't know I had

growing up on stuff like tv dinners and pot pies is actually what compels me to cook as an adult.can't eat tht shit anymore

Fuck off to all of you, if the man likes certain foods then let him eat them. People saying that you should break up with someone over this are ridiculous.

Look at all the edgelords in this thread, holy shit.

proooooooojeeeeeeeeeectiiiiiiiiiing yooooooouuuuuuuur arreeeeeeesteeeeeeed deeeeeveeeeeeelooooopmeeeent, aaaaaaalso gooooooogle teetotalers yooooooooou uuuuuuuneduuuuuuucaaaaaateeeeeed uuuuuundeeeeeeraaaaaaaaage

Ayyyy

I'm a picky eater too but he's just a baby. Even if I don't like the food I'll at least try it. I've proven myself wrong lots of times by trying food even though it looked gross.

If people dislike and aren't willing to try many different foods, I assume that they are:

-immature
-closed minded
-scared of exiting their comfort zone

I wouldn't date anyone with any of these qualities, in the context of food or not. Bail, OP

Me thinks you don't actually understand how relationships work and just want dick/pussy