Frying onions

>frying onions

>peeling mangoes

>boiling bacon

People do that?

My relatives in the south used to boil bacon before frying it to get the preservatives off or some equally dumb shit.

You boil it before you fry it. Cooks it just a little bit so its firm and easier to flip; you just put a layer of water in the pan (enough to cover the bacon) and boil off the water.

I'm gonna have to try this. I've honestly never heard of that being done. Wonder how'd that work out with fatback?

The downside is it takes 30 fucking minutes to cook.

at least with anything you boil you don't have to watch, anything in a pan is a PITA unless you decide to cover it (which is bad unless its a partial cover as it keeps too much moisture in)

takes less time to cook and removes some of the excess fat. crisps up nicely

Is there anything other than a hazmat suit to make frying onions bearable? It's gives a TERRIBLE sting when I do it.
>inb4 eat onion raw
then the "burn" just happens inside of your mouth and it goes to your nasal cavity from the roof of your mouth
>inb4 frying is bad
I don't add anything to the pan, its just the onions + heat

fix your forward head position

>Microwaving water

>he doesn't drink microwaved water

>microwaving anything

>Removes Fat
>Pork product
Actually retarded

>steaming gummy bears

how microwaving potatoes is bad?
water?

Veeky Forums is pretentious?!
NOW YOU DON'T SAY

I just dump my water into the fryer.

the skins come out soggy instead of crispy.

legit, microwave then pan-fry

Why bother when the real oven does a better job and with less effort?

What's wrong with putting a little effort into your cooking?

oil fried + dip is kinda tasty

>Doesnt eat fried onions with his pherogies

are you fucked

I'm all about spending effort on cooking, but not when it's counter-productive. Sure, I could pan-fry a potato after it comes out of the microwave, but the skin won't be as good as it would being baked in the oven. I'll choose whichever method creates the best results. I don't see the point in extra effort that doesn't pay off.

Plus, while that potato is in the oven for an hour (or longer) I've got plenty of time to spend on the other aspects of the meal.

Actually, regular ol contact lenses help against eye irrtation when cutting onions.

Or you can just rinse it in cold water before you cut it.

>but the skin won't be as good as it would being baked in the oven.
are you retarded how can you fuck up frying a potato so bad that the oven gives you better results

>I don't add anything to the pan, its just the onions + heat

That's not frying.

>Is there anything other than a hazmat suit to make frying onions bearable? It's gives a TERRIBLE sting when I do it.

Use fresher onions.

Use a sharper knife. It will glide through cell walls without mashing them up and releasing all that gas.