Why do obese people hate vegetables and salad so much?

Why do obese people hate vegetables and salad so much?

Why do you think they're obese? It is not normal to ever become that fat no matter how shitty your genes are

i am fat as fuck and i only eat,: eggs, salat, bbq and tuna

Well, OP, if they didn't, they wouldn't be fat, now would they?

Most fat people I know love salad, albeit with bacon, eggs, blue cheese dressing and cheese on top. My obese roommate used to eat 1000 or so calorie salads for an appetizer.

Never have met too many "ew vegetables" type of fatties, but I will say they tend to love the junk more than the veggies. Picky eaters tend to be thin in my experience, which is ironic.

even the ugliest and fattest pig would like this salad:
youtube.com/watch?v=7StBABumOi8

My former roomate is obese. She wasn't that big when we lived together but at that time she ate vegetables and fruit three (3!) times during two whole years. Her 'homecooking', which she was proud of, consisted of mixing together different processed foods in flyover style. An example is mac'n'cheese sausage casserole using double cream and loads of cheese. I clocked it on about 6-7000 calories and she ate it in one sitting.

She claims to this day that she got fat on 'meat and potatoes' and blames genes.

sounds a bit like me desu... pulled pork croissant for breakfast today... not even american :(

Fat people are mostly poor. Veggies are expensive per calorie.

>per calorie.
How does that justify buying and eating 8 times the calories they need?

It doesn't.

He asked why they don't eat vegetables, not why they overeat.

That shirt is doing its absolute best. Much respect.

On a possibly related note. Could it be they are just addicted to gorging themselves, pretty much like alcohol addicts, but with food instead of booze?

Isn't it ironic that the fattest people I know also happen to be the most picky eaters?

theres a show that tells about peoples addictions. there are people who are addicted to eating toilet paper.

>bbq
like, the whole thing? with charcoal and all?

That's like me, honestly. I mostly make junk food, because it's simple and tastes really good. I can't even remember the last time I ate a vegetable. Actually I ate a carrot salad the day before yesterday, but I really need to up my vegetable game.

But I won't blame my genes. I'll blame my gut microbiome. That will catch on with fatties, trust me.

Does anyone have any tips for simple meals that contain a lot of vegetables?

>Isn't it ironic that the fattest people I know also happen to be the most picky eaters?

Vegans are the pickiest eaters and they tend to be very skinny.

Vegans usually have pretty high variety in their diet, though, if counting the diversity in stuff they do eat (different fruits, vegetables, grains)...

Sure they are discriminatory, but they aren't pickier than the fatty who only eats chicken tendies and white bread.

Stir fry, my man

I love reading these picky eater threads. When I was younger I used to be a little shit when it came to trying new foods, then I think of where I am now, and am proud of how diverse my tastes are.

Roasted veggies are pretty simple and tasty.

Chop up a few different kinds of roots/tubers and throw them all in the oven together with a little butter and seasoning. Carrots, beets, parsnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. A little minced onion and garlic mixed in is nice too. A little rosemary is pretty nice too.

If you live where quality produce is hard to find, this is pretty much a go-to strategy since root vegetables tend to be plentiful.

I'm fat and i do eat salads, with drissled olive oil and a pinch of salt instead of ranch dressing.
Its actually healthier than most salad dressings would you believe, i just need to hit the gym.

No. You can be a quadruple amputee and still be slim.

You just need to eat less.

>Does anyone have any tips for simple meals that contain a lot of vegetable
I have pretty much replaced all pasta with cauliflower since I started dieting. 1200 calories worth of pasta or rice in a casserole can instead be 200 calories worth of cauliflower. It's pretty great for people who like to binge eat like me.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely try making some roasted veggies and replacing some of my pasta with cauliflower. Not a huge fan of stir-frying, though. It always gets so oily.

It's not so much that they hate a particular food, they just never tried because their parents were either too easy on them or they were neglected.

Obese people are also very bad at controlling their emotions. No exceptions.

>i am fat as fuck and i only eat,: eggs, salat, bbq and tuna
Why arnt u dead yet

I used to be the high rent version of that. I didn't eat junk food, but I was making good money so I just bought and ate whatever was delicious and convenient. That was mostly high fat food heavy on the meat and cheese. In a couple years I went from a little overweight to obese. And the doctor told me my cholesterol was super high.

So I stopped being so lazy, started cooking everything from scratch and going heavy on the veggies (and very light on the meat and cheese). And I started working out, which really sucked, but I managed to stick with it.

Today the kind of indulgent foods I used to eat every day are things I eat once a week or so. I'm trim and my cholesterol is normal. But I spend about an hour a day in the kitchen making good food, and about half an hour a day lifting weights.

>salat
Gotta pray big to get big cmon 5 prayers a day right babe

To be fair it's not surprising that the shit that's passed of as salad in schools and most homes turns people off salads.

no food tastes good by itself

they add fat/oil/butter/salt/seasoning/spices/sweetener/breading to every form of food to make it bearable

these so called foods that are "good tasting" are not actually good

if u did the same process to vegetables they would taste incredible too

you have to make them taste good

nobody eats a unseasoned with no butter or olive oil brussel sprout on a table like this fat idiot theyre living in a alternative universe where all the unhealthy foods appear to actually taste good when they arent any better than the healthy food

does anyone eat plain chicken breast by itself?

no it tastes like paper / cardboard if you take it out of the freezer and eat it as is just the pink flesh

you will probably want to throw up and be bored of it in 2 seconds

they add mayonaise to tuna to make it bearable otherwise its horrendous....

no food on the planet is good tasting unprepared and unchanged but they have easy access to prepared shitty food

>you will probably want to throw up
Yeah that's not a normal reaction to bland food. You might want to rethink this statement.

>no food tastes good by itself
m8 wtf are you doing?
never had an apple? strawberries? c'mon

This is how I used to think before starting a healthier diet. The taste of raw veggies would make me gag, now I can't get enough of them. Spinach with no dressing tastes buttery and delicious, broccoli on it's own has complex flavors, etc. You don't like anything without sugar/salt/oil because you've ruined your taste buds. Try cutting down on those things and you'll slowly begin to enjoy actual flavour again

Not a fan of vinegar based liquids on my salad.

Would a light oil of some kind cut it?

well of course apples and strawberries

im talking about the so called " good food" like hamburgers and chicken tendys and pizza

if you applied the same principles to a vegetable and it would taste just as good

nah you have got to make some kind of sauce or dressing for your raw veggies

you will not last very long eating like that

be honest with urself

but its OKAY because i know that even unhealthy foods taste like shit without all the salt and the oils and the sweeteners and seasonings and everything else

so its really the same ball game

dont buy grocery store salad dressings they have GMO canola oil which destroys your whole body its not edible

use 2/3 oil and 1/3 lemon or lime juice

>no food tastes good by itself
eggs? milk? fruits?

>if you applied the same principles to a vegetable and it would taste just as good
no, veggie burgers and pizzas don't taste as good as their meat counterparts

>so called " good food" like hamburgers and chicken tendys and pizza
the fuck is wrong with you

ive never eaten an egg by itself deliberately that sounds awful

without any salt or anything

think about what youre eating, youre not actually consuming untouched food in its natural state

>fruits?

i wasnt talking about natural foods retard. im trying to make a point against unnatural foods

>no, veggie burgers and pizzas don't taste as good as their meat counterparts

i disagree ive never had good meat in my life

i dont remember ever enjoying a piece of meat

maybe it was the salt that i was enjoying if i ever thought a piece of meat was good

cuz ur not aware of what ur putting in ur mouth

meat on its own , TASTES AWFUL.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

It's time to leave, please don't visit Veeky Forums again for the next 10 years or whenever you come to a point where you have to cook for yourself. It is obvious you have nothing of value to contribute.

i prepare all my meals m8 im a raw vegan

but being a raw vegan eater includes making your food tastey! or else you will become a very sad person

if you use just a little bit of sea salt, its fucking nothing in comparison of what the average person is eating in a processed food diet

its like 1/10th

and if you use a high quality EVOO

nothing bad to say there

>anti-gmo naturalist fallacy faggot strikes again: the thread: the experience

>naturalist fallacy

naturalist is not a fallacy
ur whole body is running on nature

and to the extent that youve fucked with nature is the extent your body is operating subpar and having to filter out all these toxins

eat very much of tasty food, VERY MUCH

>and to the extent that youve fucked with nature is the extent your body is operating subpar and having to filter out all these toxins
If it's in your body, it is -- by nature -- in vivo.

Define toxins. Did you know CO2 is a toxin in a high dosage? It's all over the place, in our bodies too.

>Define toxins

rancid high heated cooking oxidized gmo oils on your fried batter

Trans-oriented lipids are not toxins. They are potentially deleterious, but not toxins. Try again.

so health problems dont exist

ignore all science and evidence that eating vegetables make you healthy and continue eat your fried chicken

you science nuts are so out there that it actually makes you dumb

How did you infer that from that comment? Trans fats are correlated with heart disease.

It doesn't make them a toxin. I don't think you know what those are.

nobody uses trans fats anymore

thats your big boogy man so you can justify eating toxins

theres conditioners in your pizza dough that arent even metabolized by the human body and preservatives in your bread that are confirmed toxic in a scientific lab (YES I AM DEFINING TOXIN) because it provides no benefit to humans

why dont you just go eat melted plastic and paper and see how long you live if theres nothing toxic. or try melted lead and mercury

perfectly healthy !

former fatty here

their brain is constantly on a fat, sugar and salt high

salad doesn't provide these things unless they drench it in stuff like ranch, it literally just a delivery mechanism for salad dressings for fatties

>their brain is constantly on a fat, sugar and salt high

Can confirm. I too used to eat a lot of shitty food, not only because it was good, but also for that high.

Healthy shit like roasts and so forth taste great, no doubt. But deep fried food, burgers, and pizza give me a nice rush. Especially when chasing it down with soda.

shes clearly pregnant in her belly and her back, asshole

Clips4lyfe?

Wow, nobody gives a fuck

Because they don't trigger endorphins

Because most far people have no palate for anything except salt, fat and sugar.

It also doesn't help in North America that a large percentage of supermarket vegetables are essentially totally tasteless without a lot of work at the cooking stage.

It also doesn't help that most restaurants are way too meat and carb centric and provide limited tasty vegetable options.

It also doesn't help that a high percentage of the obese are poor and vegetables have low caloric density. The chronic insecurity of poverty causes people to want to gorge on high caloric density food all the time in preparation for the subconsciously perceived threat of starvation.

I'm obese, but I have a very varied palate and prefer vegetable and carb centric dishes to meat-centric ones. I really keep an eye out for restaurants with good vegetable heavy options and it honestly takes an effort and expense to eat a highly varied diet of restaurant meals.

For me eating a lot of fried food only makes me want to fall asleep forever. But then again, I almost always feel a little sleepy

For me I'm skinny as fuck (55kg) and all I do is drink roughly 6 litres a coke daily and really unhealthy food

Because salads don't taste of much at all and aren't going to satiate their ravenous appetites. what a retarded question OP.
It's not like salad is really the solution anyways, my aunt legitimately ate beyond her TDEE from only leafy greens. fat people are just crazy

of course they would, since you can eat yourself fat in that salad if you have enough of it.

I am at 120kg but i love fresh/pickled cucumbers and tomatoes, esp with garlic. The thing is - i eat them after other foods.

a friend of me tol the same, how long do i have to eat completly sugar,salt and fat free to be "clean"

theyre too lazy to make a nice vinaigrette so they think salad just tastes like leaves

>how long do i have to eat completly sugar,salt and fat free to be "clean"
>completly sugar,salt and fat free
doesn't take long, only the rest of your suddenly very short life. better start right now!

literally nearly impossible

1. fat-free completely retarded
2. but even if you go that route you biologically NEED salts, why do you think animals lick for salt
3. if you go a retarded high-carb route you're still probably gonna have fructose in your diet
4. you're gonna look like an even more sickly version of those raw vegans

Stop buying the other foods

As long as you eat whole foods and only homemade stuff from scratch, the cravings will go away after a bit. I'm 8 years clean and I never crave crap.

>"clean"

Losing weight and eating right isn't about getting "clean," it's about getting your calorie intake under control.

Eat too much and you'll get fat, eat too little and you'll binge.

Being clean means a lack of cravings and having everything in balance as a direct result from a good diet.

As Julia Child said, "Butter is better." But she ate in moderation. And se said ,"You need some fat in your diet, or else your body can't process its vitamins." Note a little fat, not like some McDonald binge.

so close, glad you didn't get the get

You eat salts. You eat fats. You eat sugars. Just because you stick to orthorexic habits doesn't mean you're devoid of that nutritional foundation.

...sushi?

Anons with brains aren't allowed here.

>that huge fridge in the background

>Tfw you lose weight because you're so busy on the internet you forget to eat but one meal a day
feels good man

You don't have to be "clean" to achieve balance and keep cravings under control.

I mean, with solid enough planning even a manlet can have a ~1,100 calorie burger with double patties and bacon on a daily basis, while still being at or under maintenance.

Want large fries and large sugary drink with that burger? That's what's gonna wreck you.

Please stop projecting your eating disorder onto the rest of us. Sincerely a man raised without seasoning

How can Koreans look so much worse than both Chinese and Japanese while being located right between them?

You know the producers set this up. They probably just boiled that brussel sprout so that all the bitter compounds are expressing themselves in force.

I'm not a fucking biologist or anything but I always assumed taste buds worked like my dick.
Like, I spent 3 years beating off to futa tenticles and then found 3d didn't appeal to me.
The same goes for food. If you eat high-fat, high-sugar shit every day you become desensitized and need a bigger hit to get anything out of it

salts, fats and sugars from good sources and in a proper context makes all the difference. The fructose in an apple is different from that in a juice because of the fibre, pektin and all the other things you ingest alongwith the fructose.

I'm mot talking about keeping shit under control, I'm talking about having no cravings or issues with food. You're talking about counting calories like it's necessary to restrain yourself. I'm saying that a 1100 calorie burger is pointless because it's just inconvenience and damage all the way. Why eat anything that you need to limit or compensate yourself for? When you remove yourself from pointless cravings like that you're free to build your diet around what you atually benefit from.

are you retarded? that's a professional kitchen, not someone's house. of course it's big

>I'm not a fucking biologist or anything but I always assumed taste buds worked like my dick
i'm gonna believe you about the not having a degree part

>I'm saying that a 1100 calorie burger is pointless because it's just inconvenience and damage all the way
you're not even trying to make sense anymore

I'm obese and actually vegetarian. I love veggies.

Food only plays one part in why so many people are obese. For me personally, I think it's the result of mental health issues (not that I'm making excuses, it's in my power to help myself despite anxiety and depression)- and I think a lot of obese people struggle in similar ways beyond just overeating.

pica?

Wow.

And yes, the booze analogy is true... that was me for a long time. I got over the drugs / booze but it's SO EASY to overindulge with fatty food.

>not a fatty... ...yet.

But I can see where when you're not in a 3rd-world country this is easily attainable.

i'm obese and i love vegetables and salads. i also make all my food from scratch.

that's a lot of fucking lettuce

>Why do obese people hate vegetables and salad so much?

I've spent some time thinking about this. I'm not sure, but I have some theories.

1) There are a number of chemicals in processed foods that seem to act on the brain in a chemically addictive way. High amounts of refined sugar, MSG, etc., all start that dopamine cascade that is textbook addictive drug... and they also show signs of building tolerance. If you've consumed so much soda and candy that it's not really that sweet to you anymore, an apple isn't going to cut it. If you need the salt and fat of bacon, an avocado and a cucumber aren't going to cut it. It's kind of like how somebody might get a minor prescription for an pharmaceutical opioid, and years later when they're doing a dangerous amount of H every day, that vicodin doesn't really do anything any more.

2) Everything has so many artificial flavors, salt, and sugar now, that your tongue is constantly being blasted to death. Veggies are probably bland to them, in the same way a solo acoustic guitar performance is probably bland right after you get out of the death metal concert and can't hear anything.

3) I think some of them are emotional eaters, and there's some sort of comfort in being extremely full, be satisfied with a high amount of fat (usually present in "comfort food"), and be burning a large amount of calories. It is comforting, and it draws mental resources away from other feelings as well. You can't really get that with carrots and lettuce.

4) I think some of them secretly, or at least subconsciously, hate themselves. I think some of them must have some awareness that they are killing themselves, but they're doing the same thing that some people do with alcohol... just a slow death with enough plausible deniability. It's hard to do with light beer, just as with vegetables. It's easier to do with rum and whiskey, just like with cake and pizza.

Eh, I'm a vegan and I eat a huge variety of things.
Just not meat, eggs, and dairy.

I suppose I can see how it would seem like vegans must be so picky - if you look at the average restaurant menu, there's usually very little we can eat. But if a vegan learns to cook, there's just really no end to the amount of different dishes and flavors that are available.

so true.
I can't fucking stand how my sister cooks up anything like this; cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc...
Always overdone and nasty sulfurous smell permeating the house.
Just roast or grill them until JUST DONE and you're golden.

Fuck I love brussel sprouts, spinach, broccoli, anything that people would consider disgusting.

I used to hate spinach with a passion but now I love it. It's especially delicious with cream cheese