How do you like your steak?

I ate exclusively medium for years, but I ate blue rare once on a dare and am actually kinda hooked. Had it like a dozen times since and haven't gotten sick from it (yet).

Generally I like rare. A lot of restaurants will overcook steak a tad, so if you ask for rare, they'll make medium rare, which isn't too bad.

I've also had blue rare, albeit by accident by undercooking my steak, a few times. I actually enjoyed it as well.

Well done.

Definitely well or medium well.

Most places vary between what they class as rare and what they class as well done so I usually play a safe medium

>americans with their 6 different cooks
there are only 4 cooks to meat : blue, rare, medium, well done
fucking americans philistines, I wish NA was nuked, you know nothing about food, you know nothing, just nothing about anything you're the worst shithole on the planet and I hope ebola spreads through your shithole of a country, I'm sure you will all die since you're unhygienic piggies, ignorant, filthy, mongoloid hillbilly piggies

I'M KOREAN
SON OF A BITCH AMERICAN
AMERICAN IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER?
DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?
AMERICAN IS PIG DISGUSTING
GEORGE WALKER BUSH IS A MURDERER
FUCKING U.S.A

North Korean mongoloid detected. Enjoy while you can, in a relatively short time you'll be water vapor and ash floating merrily in a mushroom cloud.

Medium well.

>Implying the UK would ever use it's nuclear weapons

Anything between rare and medium is fine with me.

Didn't think you norks could get on the Internet let alone 4chins.

I cook my steak medium rare. If I'm out I'll order it rare so it comes out medium/medium rare like the fellow said above.

>not recognizing one of the oldest copypastas on Veeky Forums

>playing along in a slow board

>I've done a lot with my life

You know eating meat increases the risk of cancer? Look it up if you don't believe me. Ask a nutritionist if you don't believe me.

No one cares because meat tastes too good. Enjoy whatever it is that you eat, friend.

Your post is cancer, see an oncologist.

>You know eating meat increases the risk of cancer?

The sun causes cancer
The microwave causes cancer
Cell phones causes cancer
The environment can cause cancer

Anything could give you cancer

You post being one of those things

"Trop cuit", although hardly anywhere does them.

Anything less than well done is simply inedible muck.

>the pot calls the kettle black
>we all watch solemnly as another thread devolves into nonsense

>
This man gets away with meat rape

Fuck, I hate you guys. I hate each and every one of you individually.

I bet you boil it to cook it, too, you wretch.

>"Trop cuit"
>all translations read "overcooked".
No.

Quick steak question; I've seen advice going in BOTH directions on this; as in one source says DO IT, one source says absolutely DON'T DO IT.

Taking your steaks out of the fridge to let them warm to room temp before cooking; vs cooking them cold/immediately going fridge to pan or grill or oven etc... with minimal time between?

It legitimately doesnt matter.

There are pros and cons to both methods.

If the steak is cold and then you put it onto the heat you can get a better sear on the outside before overcooking the interior. IMHO that is the best method, but it doesn't work so well with crappy home stoves.

Letting the steak come up to room temp is often misunderstood. It takes a lot longer than the "30 minute" figure you often see in recipes. The point of this is to decrease the temperature rise that you need to apply to the meat to cook it properly. That helps if you have a weak heat source and/or a thin pan.

Thanks that's helpful and makes sense.

Come to think of it; I think I might have first heard the warm up thing in the context of baking meats (lamb or something), and then just thought it applied to steak as well.

I get what you're saying about the sear; hadn't thought of that, and now that I do, it does make good sense.

Ironically that's not really relevant to the kind of steak I make 70% of the time which I'm just doing stovetop, and intentionally overcooking because I went cheap and don't want to roll the dice on some disease. But I WILL keep this in mind the next time I'm actually getting some nice ones and using the grill.

medium rare is the way to go

I prefer meat to be cooked.

Actually cooking your food is the norm in humanity.

People discovered a long time ago that parasites are not fun.

ribeye & sirloin: medium
strip: mid-rare
filet: HAMMERED

Don't try to justify your faggotry. You have shitty taste. Just enjoy yourself, and leave the rest of humanity out of it, because I guarantee you that you're in the minority. You don't get to speak for all of humsnity, you queef lorax wannabe.

I fucking hope I get cancer, 1. I'll die. 2. I ate meat before I died which makes my life better so fuck you vegan fag

what good is life if you can't regularly eat meat?

post your face ITT when americans have to weak teeth to eath a piece of meat that's cooked properly

I'm sorry? Why would I have to weaken my teeth for eating? That seems counterproductive.

ENJOY YOUR WORMS IDIOT

This.

What 3rd world country are you guys living in?

The US.

Absurdistan (UK).

In all seriousness, meat is supposed to be well done. I don't mind it a bit more dry. Depending on what meat it is, it can be juicy. For example a sizzling well done steak on your plate covered in the oil from its fat. Absolutely delicious.

Enjoy your cancer

Picture of a broiled steak I had last night.
Was fucking amazing.

If you live long enough, you WILL get cancer. It's only a matter of time until something in your body malfunctions enough to give it to you.

Does avoiding meat push back cancer and give you better odds of dying from something else? Probably. But I like ribs.

Live and let live.

>Blue rare/Rare
"Mom is gonna freak! I'm so edgy."

>Medium rare
"I'm too scared to order rare."

>Medium
"I don't know how to order steak so I guess this means normal?"

>Medium well
"I want my steak well done, but I'm afraid of what people would think of me if I ate food the way I want to."

>Well done
"I have no taste buds."

Breathing air increases the risk of cancer, fuck off.

Rare.