Go to a restaurant with work colleagues

>go to a restaurant with work colleagues
>not super fancy anything but it's a nice local joint
>order some pasta
>when my meal comes I order a glass of milk
>everyone is giving me weird looks
>after I finish my meal I down the milk in one go
>some people looked visibly upset

Did I fuck up somehow? Is this a faux-pas? I always have milk with my meals at home, there's something so fucking satisfying about downing a huge glass of cold milk after a hot meal.

>HELLO EVERYONE IS GULPING DOWN MY DRINK CONSIDERED RUDE I DON'T EAT AROUND OTHER PEOPLE OFTEN SO I HAVE NO TABLE MANNERS PLS HELP???/
also
>ordering milk with pasta
basically yes, you outed yourself as a child in front of your coworkers

I didn't "gulp" it, it wasn't audible or anything

I just drank it all. And what was I supposed to order with pasta? Wine? Fuck off.

Did it come in a sippy cup Op?

>did I do something wrong?
>"yes"
>FUCK OFF

I do this too, OP

But not in public

I love milk, but would never order it eating out. Have a beer, soda or plain icewater.
Isn't the point of having a beverage with your food, that you drink a little inbetween?

Who eats milk with fucking food? You're a disgusting fuck/

If you're canadian this is perfectly acceptable behavior. Milk and bolognese are the national dish it's like kraft dinner.

Yes, or water, or anything that wasn't fucking milk

that practice would give me incredibly bad gas.

I should try it

You shouldn't feel bad, I drink milk at every meal, except for the fact that you're a serious fagfuck for caring what anyone thought, you insecure piece of bearded white trash. Either grow a pair of balls or spread your legs for your SO.

Why do you care what normies think you dumbshit?

Doing anything intelligent, polite, or healthy around them is sure to trigger then. They are fucking dumb, stop caring what they think.

>Who drinks pasta with fucking milk?

My ex tried to tell me "you don't drink milk with pasta! The acid in the sauce curdles it in your stomach!"

You know what else has acid? Your fucking stomach

How does milk lend itself to bolognese in any way?

Traditional bolognese has lots of milk in it.

Just be glad you didn't order the chicken tendies.

Nah your fine. I drink milk with every meal. I think it's retarded when people order beer or wine with their meal. What is the fucking point of drinking alcohol with a meal? It keeps you from even getting a buzz.

>It keeps you from even getting a buzz.

And there you go. You had the answer in you all along, user!

R/tard. Thinking people are drinking wine or beer to their food to get a buzz.

>I always have milk with my meals at home, there's something so fucking satisfying about downing a huge glass of cold milk after a hot meal.
Yes, it's great with some meals.
But, I never order it in a restaurant. The only other people ordering milk in restaurants are parents ordering it for their small children, and it's never served the right freshness, not the right temperature either, (want it ice cold).

I think the looks you got are more about not understanding the lack of satisfaction about milk in restaurants from experience. Maybe you're not picky, but I buy it myself, from a store with huge quick turnover, and kept in ice cold conditions, consumed with 2 weeks on the expiration, not a day less.

>ordering milk at a restaurant
are you a fucking child?

If this were any other board, you'd be ridiculed for your alcoholism and your inability to dine properly.

As it stands, you fit right in.

Welcome.

>What is the fucking point of drinking alcohol with a meal?
Some flavors are alcohol soluble. It enhances your enjoyment of the meal too.

>What is the fucking point of drinking alcohol with a meal? It keeps you from even getting a buzz.
that is literally the point you idiot. its so you can have a beer or wine to enjoy the taste and still be able to work when you get back from lunch

One of my brother's friends did this. Then he yelled "now we're dialing it up!". Really odd.

You guys drink because of the taste? Haha uppity cunts that buy Microbrew IPAs and tell every single person in your life how good it tastes.

You drink your milk with the meal. When you get home you open a case of Coors and pound 16 of them so you can pass out in a dark, dreamless sleep. Got it?

Huh???

I order beer with my meal, but that's because it's my default. There's absolutely nothing wrong with milk, or any other beverage preference for that matter. A little more uncommon to see unless you're a t a diner eating breakfast food, but I'd say the standard practice of drinking liquified sugar or its diet offspring as a poor standard.

If only we brought back small beer, that tasted good but with little abv, like many cultures used to drink including children, but it'd probably be shafted by the long dick of the law and cost six bucks a glass like regular beer.

>You guys drink because of the taste?
yes because i am not a man child

>You guys drink because of the taste?
Why wouldn't you? Are you one of those under aged people who thinks alcoholic drink exist solely for getting drunk?

That is the sole purpose of alcohol. Why are you drinking with no goal of becoming intoxicated?

Do you also go to dog parks without a dog?

That's just the ever-pleasant side effect.

>That is the sole purpose of alcohol
Oh man you are pretty fucking stupid if you actually think that user.

Man you would not drink liquor if you didn't know it got you drunk as well. Let me hear you lie that you would though

Have you really never had a good cocktail? They taste fantastic.

>consume drug
>lol, drug effect is negligible you uncouth swine

Get out of your own ass.

what are you hans landa?

did you interrogate your friends afterwards?

do you think the sole purpose of coca cola is to caffeinate yourself?

No but caffeine is 90 percent the reason anyone continues to drink coke after the first or second try

Nope that is what coffee is for. Using coke as an example is comparable to asking if someone drinks Nyquil to get drunk.

so you are admitting that there is more than one reason why people can consume a thing? you are logically inconsistent

>caffeine is 90 percent the reason anyone continues to drink coke after the first or second try
lmao you are delusional

If the majority of people didn't like the taste of various alcohols, we'd all be drinking the same fucking thing.
As it stands, congratulations: you have no taste for booze. Just pick up heroin if you want a tasteless fast buzz.

Heroin is illegal and the effects are different. Did you not know that? Did you think that was clever?

>Heroin is illegal
so is speeding but millions people do that quite literally every day

Drinking underage is illegal, too. Did you not know that? Do you think you're clever?

If you're not underage, then you just have terrible taste, simple as that. I'd say you're a nigger, but there's enough white people in the US that emulate nigger behaviour that I can't be sure.

I enjoy Irish Car Bombs. That is my response. Go be Frasier Krane someplace else dweeb

Those aren't bad, but why are you arguing on the side of "the taste of booze doesn't matter at all, it's only to get drunk and nothing else" if you actually enjoy at least one drink?

I take my pasta without milk; I take it with nails.

If alcohol didn't get me drunk I wouldn't drink any of it ever. That being said, I don't hate the taste of it. When you drink heavily for 15 years you develop tastes and preferences.

If I ever became lactose intolerant I would sorely miss the taste of a cold glass of milk very much.

I second that and I'm an alci.

Timmy wants some chocolate milk with his tendies

The booze has rotted your brain after 15 years m8, you're a fucking big fat mess

milk with pasta sounds pretty disgusting t b h

but your colleagues are morons for being "visibly upset" at this

If I was out with colleagues and this autist ordered milk and first finished when done eating, yeah I would look. Because I had never seen anybody drinking milk at a restaurant. But hey, each to their own.

people who drink milk need to be gassed

Nope. Guess again ;^)

This.
who the fuck drinks milk past 8 years old

Why do you fucking idiots get so upset over other people drinking milk? This happens everytime someone even mentions it. You're all autistic manchildren.

>Why do you fucking idiots get so upset over other people drinking milk?
Because you're not supposed to be on Veeky Forums when you're underage.

I always have a cold glass of milk with my sardines or sprats on toast.

Fuck them, you eat out to enjoy yourself not impress normies. Just remember they probably think Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga are the epitome of tasteful music and watch capeshit movies.

I don't give a shit what you think, I drink milk with my meals. And I enjoy it.

You're a retard.

There's nothing nicer than a nice cold beer after a long day at work.

And the underaged masses on Veeky Forums can't resist sneaking onto Veeky Forums to make fun of people for drinking milk with a meal, a behavior that no reasonable adult should care about.

>Drinks 1 beer after work

Why 1? Why not 12? Or 20? Are you a lightweight? Or too much of a prude to get time-travel drunk every single night of your life?

>getting drunk off of a single beer/wine
LIGHTWEIGHT BABY

also, if you've drank anything outside of cheap malt liquor and weird import beer, you'd know some alcohols actually taste nice, with some tasting better with certain foods, which means not everyone drinks alcohol to get sloshed.

Then why do you like milk, user? Applying your logic, the only real reason to drink it is for your calcium intake; in that case, why don't you just take calcium supplements?

or you could just smell the milk to see if its off like a normal person

I had no idea you could even order milk at a restaurant, I've literally never seen someone do it.

I think they're more upset about the fact that you could send them and the Jews they're hiding to Treblinka, Herr Landa.

Because it tastes good poopoo breath :^) See

False. Eating while drinking alcohol is a waste of alcohol. You drink on an empty stomach. No exceptions. Forever.

Got it, cunt?

Then what do you think of this?

And by the way, please try to understand that drunkenness isn't the only good thing about drinking, and that there are better ways to feel superior than your choice of beverage.

>Drunkenness isn't the only good thing about drinking

I don't care about cocktails or fancy IPAs or expensive vodka. I buy cheap beer and cheap booze to swallow so that I can become intoxicated. There will never be any other reason for me to drink.

But wouldn't it be better if you could, I don't know, enjoy your evening drinking with people instead of passed out in a coma on your couch? If you have serious problems with your life that you're trying to drown out, you can discuss them at our alcoholism threads and get some good advice.

>so you are admitting that there is more than one reason why people can consume a thing?
In that case it's fine for people to drink booze to get a buzz, as it's just another reason.

kek

I feel like this thread is just a few people constantly trying to "troll" each other. Nobody could be do stupid to get into such heated arguments over a glass of fucking milk.

My Italian as fuck grandma pointed out how I do this. She said she's seen other people do it as well but says wine is better.

OP what you should have done is drowned all your faggot coworkers in a big vat of milk

>you outed yourself as a child in front of your coworkers
This. Unless you grew up on a dairy farm drinking milk with dinner is kinda weird. Drinking milk with pasta is fucking absurd. Maybe this was a thing in 1950's-60's America, but today it's pretty much beyond the pale.

And yes, a glass of wine would have been a much better choice.

The primary reason I come to Veeky Forums is to see how mad people get over completely inane shit. You people genuinely have a problem.

By the way, milk is delicious and I do drink it with pretty much every meal when I'm bulking. Oh, and I drink cheap shitty beer to get drunk.

here's your (you). feel validated?

>tfw went to dinner with workmates and one of the lard beasts I work with kept calling the waitstaff "food fairies" and giggling after.
>tfw she put sugar in her ice water
>tfw she ordered two entrees for herself
>and devoured them before the rest of the table finished their first
>and ordered two desserts to "share" then ate ~95% of both, leaving murky coalesced remnants to "share", which everyone politely declined
>and demanded we split the bill evenly instead of paying for our own meals, until the boss shut her down
>which caused her to start bawling and screeching about not having enough money to buy her child birthday gifts and afford her medications for her conditions
>literally throwing a temper tantrum in a public place as an adult, with your coworkers around you

Why are fat women so horrible?

Where the fuck do you work where someone like that would get hired

>Going to dinner with your co workers when there is a large gap in pay scale between you

It never ends well dude. I have some really bad work dinner disasters that started that way.

Social services. I've seen lots of planets in other jobs, too, though. Even cops.

The gap was negligible as far as I'm aware, and that gap only applied to the boss. She was the only problem we had.

Fat women are the worst, especially as coworkers

I have an uncorrectable birth defect that fucked up my right eye so that the muscles in the eyelid are connected to the muscles in my jaw, so any movement of of the jaw causes my right eyelid to open up wider than most people are physically capable of. As a result eating is pretty uncomfortable in general, and I tend to close my eyes when chewing in public because it's embarrassing to be winking like a madman while I eat. I'm kind of skinny because of this.

During a work lunch some fat coworker asked me why I had my eyes closed while eating, and I explained it to her, offhandedly mentioned I don't like eating very much because it's kind of painful, and she got huffy and told me that was a rude, "triggering" (first time I ever heard anyone say this in real life, assumed it was a meme) thing to say to an overweight person

Fuck all of them, these fat "body acceptance" assholes are the same people who used to laugh at me behind my back before I started closing my eyes to eat. Body acceptance should be for people with defects and disorders that can't be fixed, not fat people who refuse to take responsibility for their weight

One thing I've learned over the years is do not eat out with people who have different ideas about what eating out means unless how the bill is being handled is worked out ahead of time. If I'm eating out with friends who don't make nearly as much money as I do I pick up the bill so they have no worries. I learned this from friends much richer than I am who do the same for me. A lot of drama can be saved simply by changing the nature of the invite from "Let's go to x restaurant" to "let me take you out to x restaurant". If your guests balk you can let them cover the tip. If the bill is going to be split I make sure we choose a place that's going to be comfortable for everyone. Because the richest people in the group may want to go to a place that the poorest see as a rip off. You want everyone to be happy, and no one to be uncomfortable when the bill arrives. But really no one wants to have to do math after a nice dinner. And some folks simply never ought to go out together if they're going to be splitting the bill. The person who expects to get a meal for $15 should not be dining with the person who expects to split a bottle or two of wine for the table. Because that just isn't going to work.

I guess she's just an irresponsible person then.

does your condition have a name? I wanna look it up

keep going, how did it end? does she still work with you? how was work the next day? do you still invite her out to eat.

Yeah but normies are just trying to be cool by not doing this or that it really doesn't matter, you aren't doing anything that would harm them

Marcus Gunn, it's rare as shit to the point that they call it a "phenomenon"

You'll mostly find mild examples online, mine is pretty severe, I look like the right side of my face is paralyzed, my bad eye barely opens even at rest which makes it all the more glaring when it pops open comically wide

Pretty interesting stuff

Dont worry about it. Downing cold milk after a meal is god tier. It's a bit weird to order milk when out eating with other people but if they were 'visibly upset' then they're a bunch of dickheads lol. Who gives a shit.

It is weird that you ordered milk at a restaurant and it's downright boorish that you chugged it.

Everybody is defending you because there is nothing morally wrong with what you did, which is true, but in terms of social norms, ya blew it.

l2 dining etiquette

>Is this a faux-pas?

Yes. You don't order milk at restaurants unless it's for a child.

Exactly right.