DETROIT STYLE PIZZA

Detroit-Style Pizza > New York-Style Pizza > Shit > Chicago-Style Pizza

Discuss.

>pan pizza better than anything
Ya tried

>american """"""""""pizza""""""""""

>never knowing if Detroit pizza is any good because you'd have to go to Detroit

If you find yourself here, get the Detroit style from Buddy's Pizza. Skip Jet's. They are too greasy.

>Detroit style pizza

So.. Little Caesars?

Uh....

see

No.

I've had Little Caesars deep dish pizza.

Their 5$ hot n ready tastes way better

i love this shit and there used to be an "authentic" detroit style place near me. then i moved and now little ceasers is the closest thing to 'troit 'za in my whole city

it's burnt though senpai baka

I like Mazzio's thin crust with Ken's sauce, or Chef Boyardee pizza kit. I hate all other pizzas.

Detroit style is possibly one of the worst pizza styles. It purposely assembles the ingredients out of the logical order and that makes it a mess to eat. There's a reason almost no restaurants make it.
>sauce on top

>Sauce on top
>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about!
Retard.

It does have sauce on top.

what's a detroit style za ?
cheese underneath ?

It's the square deep-dish. Some people put the sauce on top of the cheese but it doesn't have to be.

'go 'za is the best style of 'za

>Look at me in my retardation!
No, it doesn't. I've lived in Detroit for 30 years and eat pizza once a week here. It has NEVER came with sauce on top fuck breath.

>its a square deep dish
>says its better than chicago deep dish
looks like somebodys never been to chicago and had quality pizza filthy detroit peasant

It comes with sauce on top. What you are referring to is not Detroit pizza, but a more generic version of pizza with a thick crust made in Michigan. They make that pizza everywhere. Papa Johns is probably the biggest chain that makes it. Just because you buy a certain kind of pizza every week doesn't mean that it's automatically 'Detroit pizza'. Real Detroit pizza has sauce on the top. I understand how you could be mistaken though being that you are in all likelihood an uneducated black man.

nobody goes to chicago for quality pizza

because it doesn't exist in chicago

Grab your passport and try the pizza in Windsor, right next door to Detroit. It's safer here.

Furthermore, that's exactly why nobody makes Detroit pizza anymore. It's shitty pizza. I can understand why you have never had the opportunity to try it in its original form, but there are a few restaurants that still make it. I don't consider the generic pizza that Detroit pizza devolved into to be "Detroit pizza" because its had its most defining characteristic altered, which is sauce on top.

Windsor is good people
best border town/10
nice digits btw

>No mention of St. Louis style or IMOs pizza

You all make me sick. It's the best there is.

Stop posting before someone actually believes you know what you're talking about.

This is pretty simple. You are just dim. That shit you buy at Little Cesars isn't real Detroit style pizza.

>it's another "chicago style is shite" meme thread

I love Chicago pizza casserole. Not as much as 'troit 'za though.

>Buying crap food from Little Caesars

You're proving my point. I bet you've never even tried Detroit style pizza.

All pizza is beautiful and delicious in it's own way. Each pizza has it's time and place. Except 7/11 pizza, that shit is gross. I don't care that it's the only hot food you can buy with food stamps most places, I'd rather eat a bag of human hair than eat 7/11 pizza ever again.

That list is backwards my melanin enriched friend.

I try pizza from a lot of different places, which is why I can say that you don't know what you are talking about. You say that you buy pizza in Detroit (probably not even actually in Detroit) and then claim that you know Detroit style pizza, but it is pretty obvious that you don't. Go back to eating your Happy's, you fool.

How empty is your life

kill yourself

Quite.

sorry guys, it's fucking true. i lived in NY, and had local mom and pop pizzas made by old italian guys. i've been to chicago and had meme cheesebombs. i've made my own italy style pizzas with blobs of fresh mozzeralla and some leafs on it.

detroit style pan pizza with sauce on top is just the best fucking shit, period.

Detroit Metro here.

I can confirm that, Buddy's is pretty dope. But I'd still argue that the Jet's 10 is a fantastic pizza.

Detroit-Style Pizza > New York-Style Pizza > Shit > Chicago-Style Tomato Meat Pie

Fixed your mistake.

all Pizza is American you dumb dumb

Cottage Inn a best.

this

But also y'all fuckers haven't mentioned Dolly's

We have something very similar in Italy. We call it "pizza al taglio" and you buy it at the panetteria (bread store).
Nobody sees it like an actual meal, but more like a snack kind of thing.

>tfw no delegates 'za

Yo fellow detroiters, does anyone member Club 500? They shut down in the late 90s but they had literally the best pizza i have ever eaten in my life. We begged out parents to take us there at least once every two weeks. Their arcade was pretty sweet too

Pic related. It looked like an ordinary square deep dish but the edges were extra crispy and the ratio of sauce to cheese to bread was like... mathematically perfect. The sauce was savory with a little bite... fuck, i wanna cry just thinking about it