What's your opinion on not paying for your meal at a restaurant?

What's your opinion on not paying for your meal at a restaurant?

Should someone be able to just leave if they aren't satisfied or should they talk to the waiter?

I personally tell them I'm not gonna pay and they usually don't get too upset

user, why would you lie to us?

>go to restaurant
>seated
>place order of foodstuffs with waiter
>implied contract of sale
>foodstuffs arrives per your request
>you take one bite
>you catch the eyes of the waiter and make a hand gesture for him to approach you
>you tell the waiter that this meal is not proper and will not do. you refuse the meal and you refuse to pay.
>waiter hopes you come back soon

if you take more than one bite, good fucking luck.

Takes a lot more than one bite but whatever

And maybe I'm not satisfied with the atmosphere or the service. Why should I pay if it doesn't meet expectations?

leaving without giving notice to the restaurant of your reason for not paying is theft, case closed.

if you discuss not paying the restaurant prior to consuming half of the meal, you have a great opportunity to leave with a half full belly and a crowd of angry servants in your hefty, hungry wake

Why would I care if some waiter is overly attached to his job and says some mean words about me in the break room?

I don't even have to wait for his response.

"This meal was not what I expected and I will not pay".*grabs coat, puts on hat and leaves*

in brief, you lack empathy.

when was the last time you had a meaningful experience?

There's a guy in my city that has been doing dine&dash restaurants for over a decade. Apparently almost all restaurants keep a picture of him and try to tell their staff to simply refuse him service, but he still sneaks by every so often.

He has been arrested/charged/sentenced so many times, that his last bit was 2 years in jail. And this is in Canada.

You don't have to pay. Eat it all, say it sucked for whatever reason, tell them if they want to make a stink, you'll "yelp" them and they'll bow you out the door with promises it will be better next time.

Protip: Don't go back to that restaurant for a good long while.

t. Used this technique at different restaurants innumerable times. Always successful.

>*grabs coat, puts on hat and leaves*
>*graps trenchcoat, puts on fedora and fingerless gloves and waddles out*
ftfy

emotional argument discarded.

it's the reason you are the way you are.

i wish i could hold your hand and look into your eyes.

>Protip: Don't go back to that restaurant for a good long while.

I know this. Waiters and people working at these places might be nice on the outside but tell them the truth and they can act like monkeys

not exactly related, but i used to work part time at a McD while in college. sometimes, a guest would return a half eaten burger and demand a new one because apparently something was wrong with it. most of the time, the manager would just give him a new one because we just don't give a fuck about a few cents of food. but if it was one of the notorious guests who did this all the time just to get more free food, we'd tell them to just go and eat somewhere else.
so really, if the food doesn't meet your expectations, just talk with the staff about it. most of the time, they'll try to work something out. just don't be an asshole. dine an dash is never okay

financial argument discarded

the silence is deafening

You didn't even say anything worth responding to

>Eat a $500 steak
>"This was not up to my expectations"
>Leave without saying anything to anyone.
>Get arrested

The sort of place selling $500 steaks probably doesn't need take it in the ass from the customer like an Applebees manager.

Idiot

Fuck yelp and fuck you. If you ate all of your food, whether it sucks or not you'd be paying for it Bub. You try that shit in my place you'd be meeting me or the police in the parking lot. Fuckin lowlife

A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL? ...GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY PENIS!