/smg/ - Stock Market General

The Weaboo edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Masterful work as always, OP. Good morning, anons.

Checking into the office.

Have you guys /smg/ all made it? Why else would you bother trading stocks that yield 5%+ yearly gains, if you haven't at least got 1million$+ in spendable capital. And why not just stake your coins in the bank and collect dividends?

Because we're here for the memes

It's a nice break from my shitcoins

Haven't made it yet. Still working on it though. Crypto is dead ATM. Stocks are where the volitilty is now.

Can’t speak for others but yes kind of. I sold everything in december. It’s not a milli but it’s enough that 5% is very meaningful, although I’m on track to do more like 30% this year.

I'm guessing that's a pennystock? I've been thinking of getting into those now that every shitcoin is dumping, at some of those pennystocks moon.

On a side note does anyone here have any options trading strategies? Trying learn how to properly use options.

Mix of options, pennies, and bluechips. When your a poorfag you have to take huge risks to make any sort of money. No better way to learn the game though.

thx
you guys deserve the best

Where do you see cryptos going ?
My view on it is that mainly BTC is worth holding, and that it will either be a kind of digital gold, or absolute trash
The rest of the altcoins are only showcases for the technologies behind.

Cryptos are like the internet in the early 90s. This is the berth of a new asset class, and your right. Bitcoin is the only one worth investing in seeing as it's the gold standard of this new asset class. Ether is also good too. Right now crypto still needs more infrastructure before the big money shows up. That's what's keeping it down ATM. The general shadyness of the exchanges.

cant wait for the crash.it can't take much longer r-right?

Morning all.

People tend to look for value in usefulness

I tend to view BTC being valuable because it has a nice and mysterious story and has become a kind of IRL meme

nah m8
Bull market with volatility until 2019
btfd

hey just have an idea
why don't we retard become such a group of speculant?
compromise to buy or sell a stock together, have a bit of control to the price

Just buy AKER and BPMX. See you on the other side! It's only going up!

Thank me later.

Jobs report is super bullish.

125 point gap up on the DOW. Today is looking good.

M-my dow futures is red on Yahoo finance

INPX, It's already WAY up in the pre-sale this morning.

Because I don't trade for 5% gains. I do both crypto and stocks. But crypto could literally be annihilated overnight with even the slightest hint of government regulation. As for me, it's hard to trust my government.

If you think for example, the U.S. government is going to let a good thing that helps millions of ordinary Americans live better lives continue on. You're wrong.

>mfw I made over $400last week on pharma stocks

Crypto is dead.

Load up on BPMX today.

I always love your work OP. Great stuff

How do you choose your picks?
Randomly or do you look at some catalyst/news?

You think it’ll dip some more or is it safe to put in an order now?

I give up thinking for my self. Throwing coins against a wall to make my trading decisions has given me the best returns.

Might dip more today. If you're going to build a position, scale in slowly.

Well I'm up 15% in pre-market. I'm taking the rest the week off, see you fine investors on the flip side.

imagine unironically being a bear in the Trump era

SAD

I'm glad they exist; otherwise, there'd be no one to sell me their bags at a discount

>And why not just stake your coins in the bank and collect dividends?
WTF are you talking about?
Coins as in crypto? But that rules out banks…
Banks as in savings account? But then its not dividends, but interest, and interest (for consumers) is still dead…
Dividends from stocks? But you don't get those by staking any coins…

dude, get your terminology in order!

And should I get some AMRS meme or not?
feel like wasting €300 or so.

>AMRS

I'm not even invested in stocks, I only come to this thread because it's comfy, and I leave it updating in the background while I read the WSJ

It would be a great way to waste that money

a kind reminder

whats the worst stock in the world and why is it AMD?

THanks for the bump friend.

do not let those (((shills))) trick you with their lies

it's a pump n dump that will eventually crash. just like all the other times in its history, just look at the charts

>AMRS
Good god.

>2018
>people are still nocoiners
lol

because i'm learning and am trying to build something to make worth while investing. I have already built up from penny stocks, to 5 dollar stocks to 20 dollar stocks and am now a mix of 50 dollar and 100 dollar stocks. maybe in a year or two my investment portfolio will be enough give someone pause but for right now im still trying to learn stuff like p/e ratios, spreads, cup and handle and all the pressure stuff works.

AMD follows the same pattern. It's an earnings hype stock, so naturally it's bottoming out halfway between the earnings reports - the hype from Feb is dead, and no one wants to baghold until May.

go back to getting your account hacked.

Guys if you want to make big money buy AKER and BPMX.

Thank me later.

should i dump while its over 12 and just rebuy in late april back at 11?

your digits say yes

Morning bois, who /from meme to green/ here

It'll already be back up by late April.

These next 3 weeks should form the bottom, unless there's significant news.

well thats as good of a reason as any to unload this stress case. set at 12.15 market sell. will prob shift the liquid into something like SHOP to save my heart.

.36 percent over green so far today. thankfully my portfolio is doing strong enough to keep me up while i wait out MYO's dip. i may have gone gone a little heavy into it.

I’m here because shitcoins are doing so bad right now that making a decent profit is very difficult. I’m guessing that everyone else in this thread is here for the same reason, crypto is just doing really bad right now man.

>the Dow will never go below 25k again

This.

Get in on GEN if you haven't

What are some good marijuana company stocks?

SMG

>BPMX is dipping below .30
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY
Also AMRS is mooning. I'm gonna be rich, goys

RSII

>Also AMRS is mooning. I'm gonna be rich, goys
what is your PT ?

>penny stocks
>Not just buying FNGU and having Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google at 3x leverage

lmaoing at you right now

I keep a majority of my money on a DEX so......

Yep, as usual Amrs is jumping again while the retards here tell everyone how bad its doing.
Meanwhile i keep buying more with every dip.
Up 12k in 3 months. Not bad.

I am merely pretending

Beware of pending dump

shill

IT DEFINITELY WON'T DUMP BEFORE THE ER GUYS

Her open was beautiful enough. She deserves to dump, desu.

t. increasingly worried bear

>wanted to buy some more BMPX
>wasn’t paying attention and hit the sell button and sold 60 shares at a loss
>used my last day trade too
I’m such a fucking retarded cocksucker.

I don't care hackers love to target coiners because its harder to get caught.

The ER is going to be great. You will regret not buying AMRS.

added to my screencap collection for the impending AMRS day of the rope ;)

Atta boy, call people who are up 70 percent in 3 months shills with an L.

Lovely place.

Maybe it will be, but I won't regret it. I'm not here to gamble

Ok have fun staying poor

>get paycheck
>"HAHA time to buy some stocks"
>everything is in the bull
everytime

just yolo fomo man
don't be a faggot

>afraid of higher highs

buy a solid stock then I bought nvidia during a bull and I made 2k from it.

Buy CRSP and ARKG

buy high sell higher

how do you think stocks go up? someone has to buy the high. don't be a pussy

Just put the money in Robinhood and wait till Monday or something when everyone shills new memes and then buy some AMRS

h e a r t

Everyone should have EDIT or CRSP. Period. Pfizer is another safe bet.

And NTLA BLUE ?

ARKG

>CRSP

tempting but better and new genome editing methods can be made.

>ARKG

poor volume for an ETF. I like botz better because it has the attention of more investors and at a better price.

Is this an ETF following the CART sector ?

>botz

Especially with Flippy around. I own a stake in all of them though.

Seems like it, but the prospectus doesn’t limit it.

>ARKG
>poor volume for an ETF
I remember BOTZ being in the same situation around March 2017
The genomic sector is gaining traction
All the M&A activity in biotech is about that shit

Jesus, what happened to gcap?

BOTZ was almost 8 million in volume this feb so its getting the attention now. also companies are buying shares in droves.

Bad earning report yesterday
No profit

I sold my BOTZ position. It is going sideways now but I will look to go back right in. I like the theme

Crypto isn't dead. Just bear market and uncertainty over the Gox thing. You're right that your money is better served elsewhere for now though. I've been making small buys of ETH on the deep dips like yesterday's but at this point crypto is only maybe 5% of my portfolio.

Micron what are you doing

Decided to pull almost all of my crypto gains out until the uncertainty subsides.

Never invested in stocks before. I just registered for Robinhood to dabble in small stuff, but was also thinking of buying a few index funds on Vanguard.

Still have to figure out what I'll have left after taxes and buying shit for my home, but it'll be around $50K-$75K. Any advice on how/where to begin?