What the the best coffee beans you've had?

What the the best coffee beans you've had?

I'm using a french press btw

Best is highly dependent on your personal taste.

can't go wrong with some freshly roasted

My local roaster used to sell some Brazilian sourced beans that were amazing. No sour flavor even when under extracted.

east african coffee is subjectively the best coffee

Costa Rica La Minita from Happy Mug. Absolutely superb. Their yirgacheffe's are close behind it too.

Not to be a shill who does it for free but def look into them. They're cheap af and roast to order. I use my french press too 90% of the time and it's just solid.

Pure Kona, but I was too much of a borderline NEET at the time to ask where the coffee came from or how it was brewed. I drank it black and the flavor was rich, almost sweet. I've tried to brew Kona the same way and wasted lots of money doing it wrong. Anybody out there with advice?

Kenya Nyeri is one of my favorite regions, with Ethiopia Harrar not far behind.

yirgacheffe. I've sampled a lot of bean and this by FAR comes out on top. Dont know how it will taste with a french press though, I've only had it hand dripped.

The coffee grown in Cuba is probably the best, if not the beans then the final product. I heard the Ethiopians do some real weird shit with theirs, like putting butter or salt in it.

Not gonna lie, I started looking for Kanye.

By the way...

The trick is to eat the beans and extract the beans out of your poo. The freshly shat beans won't have that poor acidic taste that regular coffee has when brewed. The coffee will have a magnificent tangy nuttiness that really can't be explained with words. To put it simply, the coffee will taste a bit like you!

monsooned malabar is something everyone likes

why are so many placed advertising flavours like peaches, mangos, lemon grass, and other fruit with their beans? flavours of like lemon is the last thing i want in coffee, some of this stuff starts tasting like tea

Because some people like those notes. Personally I strongly prefer fruity acidic coffees.

Good Ethiopian blends are my favorite. Vermont Artisan Coffee and Tea does some fantastic roasting magic. They're small right now, but growing and about to move into a new production facility. Expect to see their coffee soon.

> not a shill, just really like their coffee, and we have a partnership with them making our product

I work in a Michelin starred restaurant and we sell Blue Mountain from Jamaica. This is our most expensive and also best coffee. The flavors are intense

>2014
>not consuming kopi luwak straight from the civet's asshole
plebians. all of you. shame.

Original Nile Coffee

Sister frequents Uganda and usually brings me some. Heavy roast but also some sweetness to it. Extremely delicious.

Illy®

Hasn't been anything special for probably over 20 years now. It's still as good as it ever way, but there's other good offerings now too. It used to stand out just since it was one of the two (the other being Kona) that wasn't a fucking bitter mess.

In my experience a lot of African and South American specialty farms way outperform the best Blue Mountain and Kona nowadays. And unless you're getting a Panama Geisha, or other really special auction lots, they don't carry the same reputation associated price tag, more like $20/lb instead of $50+.

The giling basah processing method is not something everyone likes. In fact its probably the most often disliked because it can be a bit too funky for some.

Happy Mug is great if you are on a budget.

What are you even talking about?

Because those are the tasting notes for the coffee. People like to know what to expect when paying 15+ for 12oz of beans.

Highly unlikely unless you are in Japan or it is a blend. The Japanese consume most of the true JMB produced. There are a lot better coffees for the same or less money. JMB and Kona are old news.

Kopi used to be decent because it was harvested in the wild from wild civets who only chose the best and ripest berries. It kind of lost all meaning once they put them in cages and forced fed them shit beans. Even at its peak its not as good as a lot of coffee available these days.

Ardi Sidamo roasted by Gold Box. 7 days old from roasting. Wet Process.

AeroPress recipe I used
1:15
Agitate
Steep 2:00
Agitate
Press

The blueberry notes were heavenly.

>why are so many placed advertising flavours like peaches, mangos, lemon grass, and other fruit with their beans? flavours of like lemon is the last thing i want in coffee, some of this stuff starts tasting like tea

It's not the full flavor of your coffee but notes you'll catch while drinking your cup. Uhh, how to explain...Infusion, like lemon water...damn, was that even...any other specialty coffee barista? Help.

> 2016
> still consuming poop coffee

It's overrated and your civets are likely caged and forced to eat coffee cherries.

you seem to know way more about coffee than i do, yet i dont understand your comment concerning the monsooned malabar.
The almost complete lack of acidity makes this coffee something most people can get behind, obviously theres quality differences but it is the only coffee that everybody around me likes or loves, no matter if dedicated coffeedrinker or not.

It makes me sad that there are people who doesn't enjoy acidic notes.

>responding to posts from 2 years ago
shiggy

Just like tasting notes in beer, wine, or anything else.

I would say central american coffees are better starter beans for people just getting into specialty coffee. It has more of the traditional notes people are used to with commodity coffee unlike the acidic fruit bombs africans can sometimes be or the funkiness that some do not like with more asians.

Different people like different things and to beginners an acidic coffee can be a bit much.

I'll second this. Sidamo Guji is my go to.

freshly roasted is always good; think of anything else you eat that regularly screams quality when fresh

ALSO kona peaberry. Ah, memories most maternal. Thanks, Mom.

Ethiopia limu has been the best coffee I've ever had with yirgacheffe(?) being second

Try the nicaragua finca from stumptown. It's fucking incredible.

Better to leave that job to civets and just buy the civet coffee.

Speaking of coffee, a Starbuck Reserve shop opened near me. Thinking of trying it out. Any suggestions for what I should get?

Fresh roasted Tanzanian Peaberry

Kenyan light roast from Happy Mug