Why does strong beer (7-8%) have an almost psychoactive effect on me...

Why does strong beer (7-8%) have an almost psychoactive effect on me, while an equivalent amount of alcohol in rum or vodka does not?

I feel unbelievably comfy. Being beer drunk is the best. I'm going to listen to music now, pls reply w. yr. observations on this most peculiar phenomenon

Placebo effect.

Its the same for me, thats what I take in the morning after my usual episod of sleep terror.

And after that, coffee and off to work.

Just enjoy it. For me, strong beer makes me almost sleepy and bloated.
Whereas spirits get me more alert.

>why does a psychoactive substance has a psychoactive effect on me
you should probably stop drinking before the brain damage gets irreversible

Combination of the alcohol and the fact that hops are a natural muscle relaxant.

My very vision is altered, motherfucker. I slump on the floor, carellessly. I was late to the alcohol train, no reason for me to fetishise beer when I actually started with liquor. My eyes are bugging, pleasantly, is this understood?

Gen.ly wine and spirits make me clear minded and silver tongued, sociably uninhibited
Whereas this is more of a horsing around lack of inhibition. I feel as if I am less effected by gravity, much, much more likely to flounce around like a dog.

I will not

>muscle relaxant.
YES>.

i love getting beer drunk and listening to kpop. I feel you OP

It's the estrogen in the hops.

hops are closely related to weed so.... maybe you're just sensitive to it? to me hoppy strong beers just taste like cat fur

I listen to depressive post black metal. I'm probably doing it wrong.

favorite band? Make a change...kill yourself is one my favorite albums in general

More alcohol in beer is often paired with more hopps which are psychoactive.

>hopps which are psychoactive.
nope

Non genre specific it's it's Devin Townsend. Probably Alcest within that.

i think for me its just that beer is watered down alcohol. even just a shot of whiskey or vodka leaves me feeling dried out, even if i drink water afterwards

Maybe because beer, compared to straight liqour, doesn't feel like it hits as hard.

I know I reach maximum comfy buzz in 1-2 beers. Like really, "everything is good and nice and peaceful" kind of buzz.

>strong beer
>7-8%
wew lad
e
w

l
a
d

anyway it's likely that you can't handle much, combined with placebo effect

After enough alcohol of any kind to get me tipsy, I ascend to a kind of super-awareness within an hour.

for me it's wine, beer makes me sleepy and hard liquor depressed

Beer is not just an alcoholic beverage, it's also food. Some of what you're experiencing may be a combination of alcohol intoxication and the full feeling one gets after eating a starchy meal.