Who here woks?

Who here woks?

My sister gave this to me a couple of years ago because she "didn't know how to use it".

I use it for stir fry, and it's the best popcorn maker in the world.

Show me your wok, user-son...

i usually drive because my job is extremely physical but i will sometimes wok to the local shops or to the station if im catching a train.

What's an easy, cost effective way your average person can season a wok outdoors?

based on the picture i don't think you "know how to use it" and that is not stir fry just oil-coated shit

It looks more like he used too much corn starch. Probably about a handful.

Also the vegetables are wilted.

Look what my mom did to me, Veeky Forums.

>Invite your average sjw /out/
>use your Opinel to harvest, skin and process your sjw
>Get out your fire starting kit and make a good fire
>Use the copious amounts of high destiny fat and salty tears to season your wok

You need more heat user. At least to stir fry. There are many other things things you can do with a wok; but to stir fry, you are going to need an assload of heat you won't get from your average stove top.

It's fun to make fun of sjw's but this thread didn't even refer to any so you bringing them out of the blue like that makes it sound like you currently have a girl problem. Are you okay?

>Are you okay?
Yes, I am. But I am pragmatic. Wild game tends to be lean, while sjw's are not. So I can carry in the fats on my back, or have the fat walk itself in.

Oh no!

>wok on an electric stove
wew lad

You all wrongly assume, like Sammy Hagar did, that there's only one way to wok

Industrial strength high heat might be the best way, but it certainly isn't the only way...

Look at the OP mate, it looks like shit

niggas o b s e s s e d

I'd still eat it.

whats better flat bottom or round?

I personally prefer flat bottom for easy tool-free sturring

I'm a Brit and I use my wok quite a bit.

I had to move from a place with a gas cooker to a place with an electric cooker and although I have a flat-bottom wok, it doesn't work as well with electric. . ... I may get a small camping stove to use my wok with?
The eat on an electric ring just doesn't go high enough and my previous brilliant conditioning is now marred by a lumpy charred residue.

get an iron cast wok with a thick flat bottom, works fine

What's sessoning a wok? I'm new to cooking

>get an iron cast wok with a thick flat bottom, works fine
Could do.
I have a Carbon steel wok, that I have owned for about 15 years, I only had problems when it came to an electric hob.

When you season a new wok you need to get it REALLY hot and heat a little oil until it smokes, get a cloth or a wad of kitchen towel and rub it around the wok, then let it cool.

Do the same again a few times, the wok will eventually get a smooth black coating and sort of acts as a non-stick surface.