Do americans really put cheese on their apple pies?

Do americans really put cheese on their apple pies?

what the heck

Are non-americans technically human?

I prefer ice cream myself, but I don't really see the problem with cheese (as long as it's quality cheese)

i only put the best quality cheese on my apple pies from walmart

Guy I used to work with at Tilt did this. I tried it once but it was stupid because I couldn't even taste the cheese. I didn't see the point and I don't know if it'd be better with better cheese.

A sharp cheddar pairs well with a good apple pie, or even just a good apple.

if you serve apple pie it is considered polite to put cheese on it

adds protein and cuts the sweetness of the apple pie

HOURLY
OBSESSED
YUROPOOR
THREAD

just to fuck with allaboutyouropoors, it's a publicity stunt like Cognac.

Britbong here, i bet it works though

Yep. I love a nice chunk of super sharp cheddar on the side to apple pie, but I normally don't like it melted on top. I find cheddars that melt nicely are kind of disappointing to eat off hand.

Is this bait or a Veeky Forums meme?

3 kraft singles for me. pie just isn't the same without it. i travelled to paris my senior year and they refused to add cheese to my pie. i couldn't believe it.

It didn't though?
I didn't taste anything else other than, there's some melty stuff on top. it was just a weird texture addition.

Not me

Only a very specific region of America does this. The rest all think it's disgusting or don't even know about it.

You know what I want to do with my DESSERTS? Make them LESS SWEET.

Holy shit you, and anyone that does this, is a fucking moron.

That pie looks fucking disgusting and the cheese double disgusting. What is that slop - a processed slice? Why not cheese from a block?
I could probably eat apple pie with some good strong proper cheddar, but a cheese slice? WTF?

Shut up, we only do this on Cheese Day.

HOYT

Immediately thought of that scene from Taxi Driver upon seeing this thread.

I thought this was just one of those weird 70s things.

It's suppose to be done with real chedder. It's actually pretty good.

Anyone who puts fucking kraft slices on it deserves to choke.

What is Cheese Day?

if you just care about sweetness why wouldn't you just eat a stevia stuffed liquorice glaced with maple syrup for every dessert?

does X do anything is a meme on Veeky Forums

The day after Sandwich Day but before Soup Friday.

>real cheddar
Not in the USA, user.

>take bite of pie
>Take bite of cold, quality sharp cheddar cheese

It's alright

>Do americans really put cheese on

Yes.

>cold

you're doing it wrong

Real Americans top their pies with freedom fries

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

Morbid curiosity is not obsession, my diabetic friend.

HYOP
Y
O
P

So do, many do not.

Who would have thought a country of 315 million people might do things more than one way.

t. Somalian immigrant

This is a French thing.

Awesome comeback!

thanks jamal

I appreciate it

HYOT*

Yes

>Do americans really put cheese on their apple pies?
It wouldn't surprise me.

Americans should be range-banned from a food and cooking board, unless it's a fast-food take away - America has nothing to offer.

you sound like a sisterfucking corn-toothed brit.

It's not just Brits that laugh at American """"""Cuisine""""""

no

Americans are still above a ton of other first world countries in terms of culinary ability. Britain, Germany (esp. Germans trying to cook Italian), Canada, and Sweden come to mind when thinking of worse overall dining options.

>Americans are still above a ton of other first world countries in terms of culinary ability
In you mind.

The rest of the world laughs at attempts by Americans to cook anything, you only have to view the threads to see that Americans get their food from packets or take-aways.

Why would I care how the world views Americans? My point was that I've been there, and the other places mentioned, and burgers are (overall) better at cooking than the places listed. Especially Sweden. Especially especially Sweden.

>and burgers are (overall) better at cooking than the places listed
No.
Burgers can't cook at all, this is my point . . .unless it comes ready made or from a packet or a fast food 'restaurant' - America is totally devoid of anything.

I honestly don't get the point of your trolling. You and I and everyone else reading this knows what you say is complete bullshit.

I'm just going to have to assume you're a mongo who believes everything posted on Veeky Forums is genuine fact, and has never stepped foot outside of your own country. Please stop judging countries by internet memes.

I've always thought American breakfasts were pretty good.

>You and I and everyone else reading this knows what you say is complete bullshit.
It's not trolling, it's a fact.
America has NEVER been known for its cooking, it has nothing original and the rest of the world laughs at Americas attempts to try and claim something of it's own.

It's only Americans who deny this. There is NO American cuisine at all, it's just other countries food in larger portions.

Not going to lie, that looks good.

I reminisce fondly upon the times before this /int/-tier garbage when the worst things on this board were the countless fast food, ramen and "i got first apartment how i cook" threads

>It's a fact

>America has NEVER been known for its cooking
It's up for you to prove that America has a culinary history!

Good luck with that!

Okay. Succotash, clam chowder, jambalaya, London broil, sloppy joes, fried chicken, cornbread, tex-mex, Brunswick stew, chili dogs, chili con carne, creamed corn, French dip sandwich, doughnuts, lobster roll, lobster newberg, onion rings, Philly cheesesteak, popovers, etc etc etc

That's just dishes, and only a fraction of them. Doesn't even take into consideration the impact Americans have had on the way we dine out or the numerous variations they came up with like food served to your car.

Now go on and tell me how none of that counts like the faggot you are.

Different continent, different naming conventions for cheese.

I haven't done that but I do melt a a slice of American on a donut every now and then. I got that from a guy who liked to come to my dads store and get a honey bun and a slice of cheese to melt over it. Kind of like a cheese danish.

The first one to make an assertion is the one upon whom the burden of proof falls. You're obligated to prove that America has no culinary history before anyone else has to lift a finger disproving you, even though stepped up to do so anyway, you scum-sucking piece of shit.

>cheese product

>he hasnt seen a taste of history
>he doesnt know who walter is

kys

No.

the practice of putting cheddar on apple pie started in england but came over the pond.

Here in Wisconsin there is a state law on the books that apple pie must be served with cheddar if you get it at a restaurant. My grandfather did this but I have literally never seen it done anywhere else

cheddar on pie is a British thing dlilweed. They started this mess

OBSESSED

I studied in Sweden and was once fed spaghetti with mayo and ketchup as a "special treat"

They are shit in the kitchen

New Orleans begs to differ

do british women really pour break beans on their bosoms?

It's the only way they get attention from british males

Break beans?

I studied in America and was once fed hot farts piped through a bag of pot pourri as a "special treat"

They are shit in the kitchen

meant breakie but this stupid american site owned by a nip doesnt know british slang.

No one calls them that either. You mean "baked"

*sigh*

This is so true. When I was in England, all the single girls in the pubs carried cans of beans in their handbags. Since I have a bean/tit fetish, I was in heaven. Wish american women would pickup on that trend.

I highly doubt your claims

I never understood these types of posts, is it self-hatred?

Desserts can be overly sweet, do you also not understand what an overpowering flavor is? I bet you unload a whole bottle of steak sauce on your steak to make it "more sweet", because why not.

Try it w some Velveeta and a dalup of mayo next time

full english breakfast but the brits like to be weird so they call it breakie.

>Here in Wisconsin there is a state law on the books that apple pie must be served with cheddar if you get it at a restaurant.

Urban legend; but a good one.

>adds protein
Yeah, because all Americans are power lifters who need to worry about protein intake.

>cuts the sweetness of the apple pie
>Desserts can be overly sweet, do you also not understand what an overpowering flavor is?
Instead of relying on cheese to somehow counteract your cloying dessert, why not just make less-sweet desserts?

Oh yeah, that would actually make sense.

uuh it is real numbnuts

I bet you live in LA where detonating a nuclear device has a fine of 500 dollars

I live in Wisconsin, faggot. Cite the law or fuck off.

americans will put disgusting vegetable oil masquerading as cheese on anything

forgot pic

>americans will put disgusting vegetable oil masquerading as cheese on anything

In many ways this is true. Sadly, we do have actual good cheese as well. I am not claiming it is the best in the world or anything. The problem lies in the fact the only thing we export in any quantity of quality is weapons. We instead export our shit tier chains and industrialized fast food.

Our cottage industry food and drink is barely exported beyond a local city or state level, much less overseas. And with going on 400 million plus of people - many of whom are recent immigrants from brown parts unknown - the lowest common denominator prevails.

I know this is some new epin meem, and I agree it sounds kinda trashy and disgusting the first time I heard it.

But try it. It compliments the pie really well.

is that yellow plastic? why american eat that?

>only thing we export in any quantity of quality is weapons. We instead export our shit tier chains and industrialized fast food.

This. It's almost enough to make you wonder where ISIS is getting the weapons since they have no manufacturing infrastructure and I've never heard any conversation about that in any western or asian news source.

Any student of military history knows logistics are the root of an army. Apparently we can't find the root. I wonder why.

But yeah, fast food and weapons are our best export.

Bone app the teeth

I'll actually answer the question: cheese on apple pie is a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. I grew up in a rural part of the state called schwenksville and remember my parents doing this all the time. Putting cheese on things is pretty Dutch, in general; my mom still will to this day shave off a few slices of Jarlsberg and put them on top of a bowl of hot soup and has sworn by that her whole life.

Ha ha ah hahahaha

What if other people will be eating the pie too? You can't make the whole pie less sweet just for yourself. The optional slice of cheese is the way to go.

>yfw an Australian shitposter made this thread

no we dont

"n-no we d-dont" - Some Blimey Limey 2016