What is the best way to cook a hot dog?

What is the best way to cook a hot dog?

Fried, grilled, microwaved, boiled...?

I've always fried them but I want to try boiling them, how many minutes should it take for the best texture?

If you are using the traditional Frankfurters, then boiling is the way to prepare them, they only need about 10 mins in boiling/simmering water to heat them through.

>10 mins

They need a couple of minutes at the most.

Cut in half with just a flap keeping them together and fried open side down on a skillet

Slice lengthwise, grill on plancha and put into torta sandwich.

Microwave. Five minutes on high. Turn. Two more minutes on high.

Pan fried in butter is best

I usually just explode them in the microwave though. Just enough to burst the skin.

traditional franks have skin on em
they pack a snap and require a boiling/simmering cooking time to dissipate the fat a bit.

by cooking a brat instead like an adult

Grilled or broiled

Anal insertion w/ ketchup

Simmer in water. Then brown when the water is evaporated. Then sautee some cabbage or other greens in the fond. Or grill. Boiling meat is generally a stupid idea.

Fried and grilled hotdogs just taste wrong to me and they have an odd texture.

Steamed and fried.

5 minutes or so, my stove is quick and brings water to a boil around 3 mins so I drop the hot dog in the water and set a timer for 8 mins

ideally you don't want the hotdog to break open at the ends but want it warmed up consistently as its already been cooked prior to packaging

insert into anus
jog 5 miles
perfect everytime

None. They're not good for you.

A shitty frank? Boiled, steamed bun, diced onion, sauerkraut, mustard.

Any nicer sausage, I like to sweat onion and garlic in butter, pour in beer, boil sausages, then grill (or broil). Same toppings.

Over a wood fire

microwave with a little water in the bottom of the container

cant stand them boiled, they soak the fucking bun

You boil your sausages in beer?

What is a fried hot dog? Do people seriously cook hot dogs in oil or butter? They have enough of them own fat, you can basically pan fry them in their own drippings.

Pan fried.

Yeah. In the least hoppy ale I can find. Usually an amber ale.

The diner down the street from me deep fries all their hotdogs it's pretty dank.

Huh. I might try that, thanks user.
What kind of mustard you using though?

Lol who cares they're hot dogs

I think they're the best in the oven.

I like all mustards. Depends on the mood. I never have less than 5 types of mustard in my fridge. I even have that shitty puss yellow mustard, perfect for shitty franks. Gulden's spicy brown, and course ground grey poupon are my usual I guess. Lately I've been using some dijon one of my mom's clients made for me.

>What is the best way to cook a hot dog?
heat

Cook bacon in pan.
Leave bacon fat in pan.
Pan fry in bacon fat.

...said Hitler.

I just pop those faggots on my Foreman. Brown mustard and onions.

boiled with cole slaw, chili sauce, onions and mustard.

*coleslaw

Slaw is the best hotdog topping!

grilled is the best. but lot of work.

Boil them in beer