OK guys imagine someone loaned me money in bitcoin form and I said I'll pay them back a certain amount once my account...

OK guys imagine someone loaned me money in bitcoin form and I said I'll pay them back a certain amount once my account hits a certain balance. No writing, just a verbal agreement and some text messages after-the-fact. This guy wants to sue me for not paying him back atm. Any hypothetical scenarios where I might be in trouble? Seems to me he has literally zero legal ground. I wanted to return him the initial BTC amount he loaned, but since he's being a cunt I don't feel like doing even that.

Advice? Also legal finance trouble thread

Verbal contracts are a thing. Look it up. He does have some legal ground and court will most likely rule it in his favour. Just pray he doesn't actually sue you (99% of people who say they'll sue you never end up going to, especially if the amount is less than $20k).

Actually never mind, didn't read properly, if he lent you BTC, then no, he has NO legal standpoint, but if he lent you USD then yes he does. If he did lend you BTC, it's impossible for him or you to prove whether you actually received it or not, inb4 muh blockchain transaction. N O. That shit will never stand in court.

Did your balance reach that amount?
Verbal agreements mean jack and shit because you can always swear to the agreement being different. If you traded Runescape gold as currency there is little way he can even prove in a way satisfactory to a court that he even gave you money in the first place, without you testifying against yourself.

Still, stop being a kike and return what you borrowed.

With no writings and only a verbal agreement between you and him he can't do shit

no but your still a dick. Sounds like he was doing you a favor.

stop being a shitty cunt. pay what you owe, you degenerate fuck.

Pay him back you dirty kike

probably convinced him he would get huge returns then went all in on chainlink you dumb cunt

greedy jews like you make me puke. Pay what you owe you degraded human being

It sounds like he's an idiot, and you lost the money he gave you on good faith and you don't want to pay him back because you're a little bitch.

You're both stupid, and I hope he does sue you and you get clipped

You can be sued in a small claims court whether there was a signed contract or not. If there is enough evidence (like the text messages etc) you will most likely lose the case any way.
If you didn't mention any specific date (e.g. within a year or so) then even if you lose you don't have to pay shit or even in your lifetime.

stop being a nigger

Im on mobile so sorry for not replying to all the relevant posts

What hapoened is he gave me some bitcoin when it was ATH, worth around 2.7k. I said I'll give him 3 when I hit 13. I took that 2.7 and made nearly 10, but due to BTC dropping so hard I am at around 4. Also we agreed that if I lose everything my debt is null and void. That's all. He wanted me to pay him back in installments which is not what we agreed. Also I loaned him something of mine (object) before the whole thing ans he lost it and refused to replace it. I told him to forget about the 3k and planned on just giving him back the BTC amount he gave me but now he's suing me so fuck him. I don't plan on incriminating myself in any way, I won't even acknowledge I know the guy. Our texts are on whatsapp and I will deny being the person who wrote them. The money's on binance which I have a verified account on

No specific date. It was on whatsapp, I'll deny everything anyway

Confirmed. Piece of shit. He gave you it at ath because your an idiot and told him to. He's a twat as well. But karmas a bitch.

That's a costly process and not worth for him if you got like 1k usd worth

I hate slimy faggots like you. You owe money user. Your feeling towards your debtor don't exculpate you from paying what you owe. Mongoloid..

pay your debt or he will fuck you up one way or the other

You're both fucking retarded

What exactly did I do wrong here? He lost something that I loaned him before he loaned me the money, I asked him kindly to replace it but he was assblasted that I refused to give him money in installments (which we never agreed to) and kept changing his story about what happened to my item. After days of him ignoring me, I said I'll replace the item myself and for him to forget about the 3k. I was still willing to return the BTC amount he gave me, but now he's doing this and saying he's suing me for 6k, so fuck him

His entire body is literally made of soy. I work out and am pretty strong. I ragdoll BJJ blue belts as a white belt and hold my own against higher ranks. Not that it's relevant but his insecurity is part of the reason he's doing this. When I refused to pay him in installments because it wasn't what we agreed to, he went around telling everyone I scammed him. He literally never wants to talk to me 1on1 irl, he had to call in another friend for us to meet. Our friends all went to my side after they heard us talk and realized I didn't scam him.

How much was this dragon dildo I mean item worth?

You sound fucking pathetic.

Assuming you're telling the whole truth, then you're kind of in the right. Conditions for repayment were when you hit 13k (pay 3k) or nothing (pay nothing). He was an idiot for agreeing to such a stupid deal of course, so give the retard back his money. And next time, get it in writing with clear repayment conditions.

You borrowed money and refused to pay it back. He’s offering installments to make it easier for you to pay it back. Deduct the price of the dildo he lost and pay him back.

It was a PC desktop part, I had no use of my computer without it. Costs 10 dollars lmao but I don't see why he refused to give it back. One time he loaned me a book and got mad at me and when he asked for it back, I returned it that same day. Also the reason he demanded that I pay him the money in installments as opposed to what we agreed was because he was short on cash since his parents kicked him out after I beat his stepdad up (in self defense) in their own home lmao

just pay your debt you fucking asshole.
degenerate teenage shit

I dont wanna sound edgy but I feel like his sense of inadequacy is a big part of this. I never intimidated him or anything, he's just an insecure kissless virgin literal soyboy beta

Okay, assessment altered, you're an asshole. Pay up.

Give him the 2.7, keep the 1.3 You are still up from a fucking handout. Trust me he'll talk so much shit about you it won't be worth the hassle. There's no scorn quite like that of a man who feels he has been jewed. Also owing money will eat at your subconscious mind and make you an insecure paranoid piece of faggotry. Man up, have some principals , don't take loans from friends and don't take loans on a verbal contract. Give him the money to shut him up and ask him to pick you up the part once the air has cleared. If he doesn't then he's a bigger faggot than you and you have the nice feeling of being a better man than him in this situation. Fuck me, you boys are going to get raped in the real world if you ever make it if you can't handle petty shit like this.

How am I an asshole? I'm a 5'10 20yo, his stepdad is around 6'2 or taller and a big boy. He wanted to slap me so I socked him a few. Even the guy who loaned me money at the time was super impressed and proud of me.

Not to mention, the guy's a snake. The first time we got mad at each other was because I was depressed because of a break-up and he literally told me he only hangs out with me to use me and since he had no more use for me, he was going home.

I'll say this, I am not opposed to giving him back the BTC amount. If our friends morally peer pressure me, I'll do it, but no way am I giving him 3k after he broke his agreement regarding the PC part I loaned him. I only haven't given it back yet because he's suing me and is being a hassle on purpose.

If this isn't bate then just read this and shut the fuck up.

If that was true you would tell what the item is. I think your trying to make it seem like your less of a faggot. You are lazy and unreliable. Worst kind of person. Hopefully all this hate makes you check yourself.

Probably the best advice here. I already replaced the part on my own, which was the reason I told him to forget about the 3k since he broke his agreement with me regarding what I loaned him, so I don't feel obliged to honor my agreement. I feel like the way I texted him gives me a LOT of leeway if the whatsapp messages are deemed as evidence, which I doubt.

My only question now is trying to time my returning of the initial BTC amount he loaned me. I don't wanna seem scared and make him think his legal threats were effective so I'm letting the legal stuff play out. I'm hoping another of our friends talks to me, whereupon I'll just return the BTC. If it ever comes to court or police questioning, I will deny absolutely everything.

I already said what the item was boy, read all my posts

The burden of proof is low for civil court. Btw he can call your friends as witness against you since they know about the whole deal. Think your friends will commit a felony (false testimony) to save your ass? Better pay the man and walk away before you get rekt.

a contract doesnt need to be on paper to be binding

only thing you need is an agreement on the terms, i.e meeting of the minds, which in this case seems to be present

if he can prove that he lent you that btc then you will get ass raped in court

pay up nigger

There are 2 possible witnesses. 1 guy is a literal millionaire always on vacation/business trips somewhere and I am certain he will not get involved in any police shit since his own past is shady. He's a dudebro. The other guy is just a friend who knows I borrowed money but doesn't know any of the conditions.

At no point did I ever say I won't honor the agreement, except when I recently said to "forget about the 3k" which can mean many things, like me subtracting the amount of money the PC part he lost costs.

It's just BTC amount he gave me, today worth around 1 or 1.5k. I can return that, but not 3k because he never gave me USD.

How can he prove a meeting of minds if it was verbal, or prove he loaned me BTC and I received it?

Whoa, I sure had both of you pegged.