What should my first alcoholic drink be?

What should my first alcoholic drink be?

I recently turned 18, and that's the drinking age here in Australia. I've put off drinking any kind of alcohol up until this point, and now I want to go all out.

I'm thinking of trying the white russian first, it sounds like it tastes nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcJajkVR7FM
youtu.be/bF_vexfVaOA?t=457
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gin and tonic.

Arsenic and tonic.

The tonic makes the arsenic safe to drink.

You'll probably dislike a lot of hard liquors at first, they're pretty much an acquired taste. I didn't like beer the first time I tried it either.

Mixed drinks are a good way to go. Long Island iced tea is good cuz it'll fuck you up decently and still be tasty. A good white wine or a cider
is an enjoyable start to drink as well.

I personally don't like White Russians, not much of a fan of dairy and alcohol together, although it is a pretty looking drink. But tell us OP, what are your tastes? Do you like sweet, bitter, sour?

I still don't think that's safe enough, user...

Thanks. I'm told by my friends that beer tastes like yeast. At least, Heineken does, and I'm guessing so does Corona since they say Corona tastes like Heineken. I'm not sure what yeast is supposed to taste like in liquid form.

I like both sweet and sour, definitely don't like bitter tastes.

Whiskey sour with egg white

>falling for the liquid meme

VB ya dog cunt

Try a sweet cider or a mix of white wine with sprite.
Also a nice drink is vodka mixed with orange juice.

Vodka and soda/juice is always a safe choice for first time drinkers, just watch how much you drink because you won't be able to taste the alcohol much.

I've got a friend who's obsessed with VB, brings a 6-pack with him to every party he goes to.

Thanks. I think I might try out the vodka with orange juice. And I'll probably go with white wine for my first wine.

I started with straight borovička, but not everybody is from slovakia like me. Here are some beginner combos kids do here
Red wine + coke
Gin + tonic
Becherovka + tonic
Fernet + tonic/ applee juice
Vodka + orange juice
Rum + coke
Wine + vodka + grape flavoured soda

Baileys is my first alcoholic drink i liked. Starts of sweetish and creamy with a slight, but not unpleasant burn as it goes down your throat.

It doesn't taste nice at all.

It's a meme drink.

Just skip all the bullshit and go for neat whisky

I like sweet and i am a broke college student so my go to drink is cream soda+fireball. Deadly combo because the vanilla and cinnamon go so well together.

A nice, smooth glass of Bailey's™.

Seriously though, that shit is so smooth I could drink it out of the bottle (I wouldn't.)

chelada

190 proof grain alcohol should be your first drink.

Only a few shots and save the rest in case you run low on gas or something lmao

White Russians are nice but when I just started to drink I got too many and yarled forever - now they're gross

Just get a Foster's

As a proud Australian, your first options should be either VB or goon.

Vodka is technically not an Australian specialty but literally no-one is gonna look at you funny for drinking vodka.

crown and coke. More coke than crown.

whatever you do, dont always drink the same thing
i can't drink rum and coke anymore because it makes me vom lol

It doesn't really matter what you drink, as long as you don't drink yourself sick your first time out.

Don't buy any pre mixed shit, if you get goon at least get a slightly more upmarket box

Don't do this user you might find yourself an alcoholic like me in 20 yrs

Just don't start

Butt chug an entire bottle of Everclear

dirty black russian
kahlua
vodka
cola

Alcohol doesn't actually taste good, that's just a meme people say so they feel all grown up and mature ""ahh this is lay whiskey is pure heavenly, I adore these walnut and smoked hickory date coriander notes, boy I a mature""

If I was you, seeing as though you never have been drunk before you need a large amount of liquid and a alcohol content

I would reccomend getting some cider that's 4% you can get flavours like berry etc. make sure it's really could if it taste bad adds some juice

Remember alcohol is a psychoactive drug and yu are getting high on drugs

No alcohol tastes good, the idea is to make a drink which mask the flavour

Enjoy your hangover

this guy gets it

>Alcohol doesn't actually taste good, that's just a meme people say so they feel all grown up and mature ""ahh this is lay whiskey is pure heavenly, I adore these walnut and smoked hickory date coriander notes, boy I a mature""
yeah, they are literally all pretending, everybody that likes something you don't is just a pole-climber trying to look sophisticated, the emperor has no clothes, yadda yadda

Wouldn't this be a little much for my first go?

I just watched this youtube video of this guy make one of these, and he poured almost an entire can of Guinness, and it was a large can. I'm guessing 1 pint of Irish stout is about the same as what he did, and he chugged the entire thing in one go.

I'd probably choke on that thing.

rum and coke

Pretty much. You need to get used to the taste of raw alcohol. Sweet mixers are the least painful way to do this. Later you won't even notice it.

this is fucking vile. i bought it when on vacation in spain once (a lot of tourists from englando there) and i couldn't even drink a glass of it

any mixed drink with everclear in it, the more sugar the better
alternatively get some four loko and mix it with red bull

Remember, cirrhosis is irreversible, incurable and YOU WILL DIE. Anything over 2 servings of alcohol (per day) will cause liver damage.

It's a long road to cirrhosis (years of alcohol abuse), but there are stages of liver damage before cirrhosis which have serious health ramifications as well.

I never drink over 2 servings, and I drink once every other week. I need my liver to clean my blood, not get ripped to shreds by booze.

Thanks for the info user, I'll be sure to watch how much I drink.

What about Four loko?

Just drink some shit lager.

You have plenty of time to drink nice things, alcohol is acquired and at 24 there are many things I'm only starting to appreciate more and others I still don't.

You are aussie so its important you learn to like it.

God I hate people who care ao fucking much.

Just get blitzed, sleep around and do whatwver the fuck you want you healthy faggot.

>and I drink once every other week
statistically people who average 1 or 2 drinks per day are the healthiest, abstention is not a healthy choice

Beer

Don't you guys have Vegemite?

Statistically the average post on Veeky Forums claiming something is either a load of shit or horribly misconstrued and out-of-context.

I like screwdrivers and white Russians

People who don't drink are about 5 years lower on life expectancy than people who average 2-7 a week.
People who drink 8+ a week are only about 2-3 years lower.

Your liver is really good at repairing itself.

You're 18? Then make a flaming Dr. Pepper.

Get yourself a light beer and pour it into a glass. Then get a shot glass and fill it 3/4 with amaretto and top it off with a high % alcohol. In the US we typically use Bacardi 151.

Now light that bitch on fire. Let it burn for 15 to 20 seconds then drop it into the beer.

Best fucking college/newbie drink in the universe my friend.

Nothing will taste as good as you're imagining. I was so disappointed by most of my first drinks but now I'm a full on alcoholic and drink the equivalent of rubbing alcohol all day.

The heat in Aussie-land is going to make you regret that white russian. Just go for a beer or something like a vodka and 7up.

Yes but I've never tried it.

I'll try that out, thanks.

Imagine OP, what you would do if you had to consume something you had not before.

Let us take sushi, for example. You would not indulge in an elaborate in an elaborate dish, no matter how high the quality. You would go for a safe thing. For that is how taste is developed.

The same for alcohol. Do not indulge in a high class spirit. Go for a more common one, mixed with a common beverage. Yes, by default it is common. That is why it is so. A common beverage is so because all can like it. Relish the new experience. Later you can go for more unique things.

I guess I could start of slow, and build to the more elaborate drinks. Hopefully I don't spend too much money on alcohol on the night. The place I was looking at has cocktails set at a price of $20 each. Hopefully they won't charge me $20 for something really simple.

goddamn you are a pretentious twat aren't you

>20 dollars
what in the fuck

Like everywhere else, costs vary widely. The bar where I met my first love gave whisky sours for 3 dollars. They still do years later. It works because a whiskey sour is a cheap drink yet is tolerable for many people.

I have only seen one place who charges more then 10 dollars per drink. They made very elaborate martinis. They were the very best martinis I ever had. But even so, it was a rare treat.

If you are paying 20 dollars for a drink, it better be top shelf everything. Grey goose, etc.

Word of advise, dont mix drinks.

If you are drinking hard alcohol, stick with that. Mixed drinks can be ok. White russians will make you puke eventually, but it will be great tasting punke.

If you drink beer, stick to that. A shot of straight whisky can be ok.

And for the love of everything holy, DO NOT! REPEAT DO NOT touch anything but wine if you were drinking wine.

seriously what a faggot

I dont know how autistic you have to be to have your first drink at 18, but don't drink something faggy like a white russian, just have a beer.

I am not, actually. I used the sushi example because until last year I did not eat any at all. I was very much a manchild in that I did not eat fish. I am growing my diet to eat more and more fish. I started with salmon and have grown from there. If someone served me an exquisite sushi before I ate salmon I would have rejected it just because I had not developed the taste for it.

The same can be said for alcohol. To waste the finest spirits before you start is a serious waste. Enjoy the basic tastes. They exist for a reason.

Yep, this is a little bit of their menu. If you've been to Crown in Melbourne you'll recognize it as that large bar sort of in the middle of the building, next to the pokies and all that.

It's hard to miss.

>DO NOT! REPEAT DO NOT touch anything but wine if you were drinking wine.

How come? What happens if I drink wine with, say, beer?

I shall just have to reiterate what I felt before.

If you want to indulge on the finest things, that spot seems like a cool spot. But I feel like you are wasting an experience. It is best to work your way up, rather then start with the bar so high.

It would be like... you ate a steak before a hamburger. The steak is superior, yes. But if you only ate steak, you would vomit if you had to eat a hamburger. But if you ate a hamburger first you could appreciate it. A steak would even be superior.

So for you, unless you have the means to enjoy 20 dollar spirits every time, I would recommend starting smaller.

I have no explanation for it, but wine mixes terrible with other alcohol.

There is a saying that drinking beer after wine is fine. The logic is that beer is weaker than wine, and that its ok to take large slurps. Whereas drinking wine after beer makes you take large gulps you cant handler.

Personally I just stay away from any other liquor altogether if I drink wine. Countless examples of having friends keel over from wine + beer combo.

I'd probably have to look for a pub then or something, I doubt I'll find anything standard or cheaper than $20 at Crown.

I'll search for some pubs in Melbourne, there's probably some good ones that younger people stay at on Friday nights.

Oh I see. Thanks.

"liquor then beer you are in the clear"
"beer then liquor is a kicker"

In short as you get more intoxicated it is easier to go overboard. By going down the ABV you lessen the chances of harm.

Oh, this one explains it very good.
youtube.com/watch?v=JcJajkVR7FM

I would recommend a pub for other reasons. Pub food as a food category for a reason. They are cheap foods that both let you hold alcohol longer yet taste good. While not good from a caloric standpoint, it certainly helps you not get sick.

Of course, don't eat the food then feel like you can triple your intake. Also, for your own sake, drink some water. Your future self will thank you.

Idk man, I've had plenty of of terrible experiences from mixing grapes and grain. Doesnt matter which order.

Whisky and beer mixes well though.

I will assume you are telling the truth. Not shitposting. So I wonder how wine varies from other alcohols.

Is it the sulfates? About the only variable I can think of. Perhaps they cause a bad reaction.

I've experienced it. I've had friends experiencing the same. What causes it idk. It's just a very queezy and sure fire way to get sick.

On a different level, I will say that being wine drunk is a more happy drunk than beer or liquor drunk.

Again, what are the variables,idk. But plenty of people have agreed with me and feel the same difference in drunk.

>tfw greentext really is a quote

All i can say then is do what works for you. Wine is cheap enough if you shop smart.

For OP's point of view. Experimentation leads to your happiest results. It is easier to start basic and work up to fancy than the reverse. But it is a journey.

Btw, talking about wine. Yesterday I had a pretty chill evening. I had a bottle of rather cheap red wine in my closet. Decided to get rid of it, so I was watching movies while mixing it half and half with coke (the softdrink). A really easy and tasty way to get drunk. Don't mix good wine, but cheap wine is fine to mix drinks like that with.

Beer

You're in Oz, split a crate of VB stubbies, XXXX, carlton etc. as long as it's shite beer, it has to be shite and drink with your mates while listening to tunes

drink until you pass out or just can't stay awake any longer

Wake up, feel like death, survive the day, do it again next week

keep doing it for a while, learning your limits and how to function while drunk

THEN go to the pub and start asking for cocktails if you still feel you have to

White Russians are nice but I get this image in my head of some drungo barman laughing you out the door

What? you don't drink buckie from a glass, you drink it by the bottle ye mad eejit

Ew, red wine and coke?

Was going to correct this muppet until I saw you had - good shout big son.

There'll be nothing bad said about the nectar of the gods, courtesy of the good Benedictine Monks of Buckfast Abbey

You want to get pissed drunk? Then just buy rum and cola plus a six pack

If you want to feel like a little pretentious faggot then just use that stupid cocktail app you have in your iPhone. I hate you so much faggot.

I don't want to get too drunk, since it's my first time. I just want to drink enough to feel it a little, and to give myself a little confidence if I end up having my first drink at a club or something.

And I don't recall my phone having a cocktail app. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I always say start with the easier stuff, try a nice glass of rum since that's stuff is easy to drink as a first timer.

Do not drink alcohol my good friends.

youtu.be/bF_vexfVaOA?t=457

Also, try a little bit of any liquor you're thinking of trying straight first before you mix them together with anything. I've had times where the Vodka was just perfectly fine by itself.

>White Russian as your first drink

why not have a Chocolate Choo-Choo?

Cum

/thread

eat a dick you hag i'll drink myself to death if i damn well please

Yeeeee

You are mistaken if you think death is where it ends, and you are mistaken further if you think you'll have a say in what comes next.

I most humbly suggest you to stop drinking.

if you're turning 18 and looking for a first drink then you don't deserve one.

Beer.

Can religioustards please shove their illogical propaganda somewhere else

Bourbon.

On a related note, I have a jacket with medium-sized inside pockets. I've been prepping it to be my jacket for parties (cigars, lighter, etc.), and I'm looking for a small container to hold a few shots worth of good-quality alcohol. Any recommendations?

kek

You sure you didn't get your first drink in the womb?

A small container on the cheap would be those tiny 3 oz hotel listerine bottles they give you.

A small container on the fly: Stanley adventure stainless steel cask, but if you want the built in shot glass, go for the Stone Cask Shot Flask.

Need to go through a metal detector? They make plastic bag ones, too.

Oh, you wanted recommendations for booze? Literally anything.

fucking aye mate