Steak survey!

Do you put anything other than salt and pepper on a steak while cooking?

Some say this method, like pic related, is only for inferior cuts of meat and is also un-American.

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good quality steak no. for some funny smelling steak i will use some dry rub instead.

Yeah I usually just put salt and pepper on steaks. I always overshoot my cook time and they're nearly almost always well done or medium well - but my folks are always astounded

"Really user? Just salt and pepper?"
"Ya lol"

Salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic and butter.

What's with the horrible photography on the left?

Looks like it might be in a bag with the bag out of focus

Cajun seasoning, sea salt, high fat content blue cheese (usually st agur).

Other times I make pizzaiola.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying a steak seasoned or sauces.

Yeah, sous vide bath. I wish I could make a perfume out of the smell from these bags.

Cumin, nutmeg, citrus salt. All together or individually.

>marinade in soy and Worcestershire sauce for a few hours
>salt and pepper
>sear for 30-40 seconds on both sides in pan
>finish in oven

Maybe a sprig of thyme in the pan with some butter near the end. Occasionally try out something like a peppercorn cream sauce.

Little nob of butter in the pan just before I put the seasoned steak down.

Depends. If it's a ribeye or something I'll just do salt and pepper. Skirt steak I do a marinade of lemon, balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper for a few hours before cooking

Garlic and a bit of Johnny's

i like to marinate skirt steak with salt pepper lime juice soy sauce sambal and sesame seed oil

Salt and pepper both sides.

Cook on high heat for 45 seconds each side and on the edges.

Leave to rest for three minutes.

Eat.

thyme, garlic powder, butter

youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

I like to put a crushed garlic clove on top while it's cooking.

Woah, calm down there Gordon Ramsay.

A cheap/flank steak?
Yeah absolutely, it's not going to be very flavorful and probably needs tenderizing
An actual decent steak with good marbling?
Fuck no, it's a crime to marinate something like that. That being said, I do the cast iron pan sear/baste method. It produces a perfectly cooked, juicy, flavorful AS FUCK steak every single time. The crust on it is fucking killer as well.

>tfw I hate the taste of steak

I don't see what the big deal is

Probably Low-T I would check with my primary care physician if I were you

I don't use salt or pepper.

When my steak is finished cooking, I dip each bite in worcestershire sauce.

Fuck off with this flavoring steak is bad meme. It's not foie gras, it's not Russian black caviar.

Salt and pepper with some cayenne for a bit of spice.

When I buy steak I always get a couple and try to cook each one a different way.

Broiled I'll season with salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar wgar, and garlic.

Pan-fried, butter, salt, pepper, garlic.

Steak medallions I'll do with some balsamic and bacon wrapped around the edges. I also took one the other day and flattened it and stuffed with goat cheese and spinach.

However, the best steaks really don't need anything but salt. (Maybe pepper.) This is what I do with my grilled steaks.