Oil has 120 calories in a mere tbsp

>Oil has 120 calories in a mere tbsp
>wine has 150 calories in just 6oz

Is it even possible to eat good food and not be fat?

Yes.

Yes. Just eat less of it and exercise more.

Calories in, calories out.

>be me skinny skellington @ 5'9 129
>eat 800-1000 calories per day because depression
>decide to gain weight
>mass gainer has 250g carbs, essentially my carbs for the day
>this leaves me to eat as much protein and fat as I can
>eat shit like ground butter sautéed in butter and it's perfectly healthy for me
>feels good man
I miss being able to eat more vegetables and stuff though.

Get some exercise you child-molesting, CP distributing, animu loving Retard.

It is. Start counting your calories, everything you eat during the day must be accounted for. I understand this sounds really boring and it is for the first month, but it's important for you to figure out how much you're eating and if you're fulfilling your daily nutritional means for each nutrient. You eventually start to adjust and realize how big your meals should be, how often you should be having them and even what types of food you are eating too much of and what you are lacking.

>Start counting your calories,
Wrong.
Ignore this retard, he's read too many magazines and Buzzfeed articles aimed at women.

Yes. Workout.

Oil is for those that want heart disease

>Is it even possible to eat good food and not be fat?

No. That's why everybody is jealous of Americans.

A man of average height needs 2000 kcal daily. Taller men need more. Shorter men need less.
Say you have coffee and a a reasonably sized bowl of cereal and whole fat milk at breakfast. That's about 50kcal for the coffee if you add sugar and 250kcal for the cereal and milk. 300kcal. 1700kcal to go.
Say you have a bowl of pasta with homemade tomato sauce for lunch. 80g of olive oil has 720kcal. An average-sized onion has 80kcal. Four cloves of garlic are only 16kcal. 250ml of wine is 221kcal. A 1kg tin of plum tomatoes has 190kcal. A handful of fresh basil leaves has a single kcal and no more. Put it all together and that's 1227kcal for the pot, which is seven servings of tomato sauce of only 176kcal each. Add a reasonably sized portion of pasta at 280kcal and grated cheese on top and lunch is under 510 kcal. That's 1190kcal left.
Have yourself a salad as a snack and a few grapes as another snack. That's 240kcal total. 950kcal left.
So after a day of work and eating your reheated pasta and sauce at lunch and a having some mid-afternoon roughage, you just don't feel like cooking dinner, so you stop at the take away for chips/fries and tendies and some mayonnaise to dip it in because it's good and fuck the haters. That's 900 kcal for dinner with 50kcal to spare.

Knowing this, I just don't get how people can get so fat. It honestly seems borderline impossible to eat enough to get to the point of extreme weight gain. I've tried to stuff myself with this and that and I can't really go much above 2400kcal per day (which is the average caloric needs for a guy of my height, actually) because it's just physically impossible for me to stuff that much food down my gullet. I guess I don't eat so many calorie dense foods as other people do, but still eat literally all the foods people say to avoid for optimal health, like fats (including lard), starch and sugar.

Are fatties just sat on the couch all day gorging incessantly on high calorie foods whilst watching shit TV?

>Is it even possible to eat good food and not be fat?

Yes, learn to how to fucking cook.

This involves portioning and writing recipes.

You don't need a whole tbsp (14ml) of oil if you're making one serving for one person. You can get away with half or even one tsp (5ml).

150 out of the 2000, give or take, you should be eating every day isn't much. AS long as you avoid excessive grains and other calorie dense things, you have plenty of room every day to enjoy fried foods, wine, desert, etc.

>Are fatties just sat on the couch all day gorging incessantly on high calorie foods whilst watching shit TV?

I think so. Eatting while watching TV is the easiest way to gain weight. You are not focused on your food. So only the most unhealthy foods even grab your attention while watching tv and even then you do not get satisfied.

tldr biggest tip I can give is to stop eating in front of the TV

By not eating oil and wine exclusively, yes.

Good advice
Not gonna make it

Counting calories is fucking impossible. I've tried it countless times but it becomes a damn guessing game. No fucking way I can just count how many calories are in some foods. I just had toast topped with coconut 'butter' and strawberry jam, how can you possibly count that? Counting calories work great when eating packaged food, such as a breakfast biscuit, because it has a barcode you can scan and apps can pull information about the food. Otherwise, you're just left to guess.

Now add 3 liters of coke and a sixpack of beer to that.

>doesn't have a home laboratory to test and measure the calories in everything he prepares from scratch.

Undereducated plebe.

>I just had toast topped with coconut 'butter' and strawberry jam, how can you possibly count that?
Measure the ingredients retard.

Get a food scale, measure your ingredients. It's easy.
When you're not eating at home: check for published nutrition info online if it's fast food/ a chain, look up a comparable recipe online and count that if not. Or, if you have some cooking experience, you can eyeball the ingredients and account for fat etc based on how they were prepared.

of course. don't eat fat and avoid sugar, also avoid white bread, white rice, and pasta. and only eat twice a day with no snacking.

This will allow you to eat 2 satisfying meals a day, without gaining weight.

>Counting calories is fucking impossible.

Nah, you're just a lazy shit who deserves to be fat.

> I just had toast topped with coconut 'butter' and strawberry jam, how can you possibly count that?

Calories on slice of bread+calories in x weight of coconut butter+calories in x weight of strawberry jam. Like that.

>you're just left to guess

No you're not.

Stay fat, pleb.

>Calories on slice of bread+calories in x weight of coconut butter+calories in x weight of strawberry jam. Like that.
Who lives like this?

Why not just use intuition and not live a sedentary lifestyle?

Well if you were capable of that you wouldn't be a fat fuck in the first place.

I find it fun, personally. Tbh I do it more to avoid undereating than overeating. Usually lets me have a really satisfying dinner/ desert at the end of the day to pick up the slack. Being able to do that without feeling uncertain or guilty about where you stand afterwards is a really good feeling.

Because most people are stupid and too out of tune with their intuitions to manage.
Sounds like you got over an eating disorder

It doesn't even take five minutes.

>Why not just use intuition and not live a sedentary lifestyle?

Because strenuous exercise just for maintenance is pointless.

exercise

Why are you so angry?

>and it's perfectly healthy for me
I don't think you understand what that word means

you just described the entirety of Veeky Forums

i'm a manlet but i was 116 at 5'7

decided to eat more, got to like 126

ate even more, lifted, eventually got to 155 peak or something, maybe 154

then depression and laziness and sickness, back at 142 now iwth nogains

>It's perfectly healthy for me
lmao dude

>it's perfectly healthy for me

uh

>>eat shit like ground butter sautéed in butter and it's perfectly healthy for me

what the fuck is ground butter

You're a fucking retard, fat doesn't make you fat and natural sugars are in fucking everything.

The only thing that matters is calories if your only concern is weight loss you fucking idiot

>ground butter sautéed in butter
:D

I think that's another term for crude oil

Butter that slips off the knife and drops on the ground

Are we drinking oil now?

Really?
Let's say coconut butter is 100 kcals per tablespoon. And strawberry jam is 60 per tablespoon. Serving size of bread is 2 slices at 120 kcals.

It might be guessing, but down to ~20-50 kcals doesn't matter.

I use maybe 1 tsp of butter, and jam, so that's 95 kcals for toast with butter and jam.

Use your brain dude.

try the steaknana

you're gonna make it brah

whooda thunk

I just started doing this and myfitnesspal Is super nice to use. Really easy to select portions and change units along with a good database of foods and a barcode scanner.

>wine has 150 calories in just 6oz
Or you could say it has 90 calories in 100ml, or 25 calories in one fluidic ounce, and not sound like a retard.
But yes you can enjoy good food. You're supposed to savor every bite and enjoy it wholly, that way less is more.

You must realn to dlink tea flom an empty cup, and eat lice flom an empty bowr.

Thank you for the cal to ml conversion, can you please be less American and convert it to kJ to ml?

Just dropping by to say that the manhwa where OP's pic is from is a pretty nice read about affairs. Wasn't expecting the ending to go that far. Drug Candy is the name for anyone interested.

>eat shit like ground butter sautéed in butter
nigga u gone die

It ended?

Damn batoto never updates manhwas

Welcome to Veeky Forums, newfriend. Loli's are in the back room.

I have an uncle who profs at a university and he gave a speech regarding the calorie in/out approach. It basically boiled down to that model being hard for most people to achieve due to the monatany of the goal. There was then some research he referenced pointing to activity based goals being better movitators to get people to really pay attention to their calorie intake.

When I went to his dissertation I'd just started running a few months earlier and was beginning to notice I was thinking more about what I was eating during the day and how that could affect my run times.

>doesn't mean to don't continue to drink like a I need it to get thru a night.

Yeah, well I've hardly exercised at all, eating less than 1,700 calories per day, and my scale still spits out the same reading (130lbs).

Feels good, man.

>stopped drinking soda
>lose a few pounds
>start drinking beer instead
>gain a few pounds

I'm in the same boat as you OP.
If you want to indulge in good food you need to start working out to make up for it.
There really is no room in a 2000kcal diet for a 500kcal milk shake unless you want to feel like you are starving the rest of the day.

>If you want to indulge in good food you need to start working out to make up for it.
Exercise is pretty much irrelevant. You'd have to run at a full sprint for HOURS to make up for that 500 kcal milkshake. Even if you were an extreme athlete, you could never realistically sustain more than 30% of your daily calories burned coming from exercise. There is absolutely nothing that can replace controlling your calorie intake. There's honestly no reason to bother with working out.

Walking a damn mile is about 100 calories.

You can easily burn up 200-350 calories at a gym session.

That's enough for a couple beers at the end of the day and on top of that, you've got some cardio.

Sub applesauce for oil when baking if you want to be a pussy about it.

a fucking 35 minute run can burn 500 kcal. Stop spouting nonsense.

Eat what you want and pay for it in sweat.

I noticed that if I eat a couple cookies before hand, I am far less interested in eating a burger with fries.

Not good for you but sweets really do curb your hunger. When I want something like chips, I just eat lightly salted popcorn. Way less calories.

And most people cant even run for 10 minutes straight

And you can consume 500 kcal in ten seconds, sitting on your ass.
Wonder what's easier, not eating that goddamn candy bar or running fast for over half an hour.

you're triggering my ptsd flashbacks to when I was 300 pounds and couldn't do 45 seconds.

I'm up to 2.5 hours straight, carrying 20 to 30 pounds of weights as resistance because I'm 135 pounds and running without it is not hard work anymore.

The pace I'm going at is not a fast one at all. My point was that exercise can allow someone to indulge in things from time to time and that claiming exercise has no impact on anything is false. Nobody is saying that you need to exercise, but it can allow you to eat unhealthier things.

the point I think that guy is trying to make is that, its much easier to input than output. Which is true. The body at any time can only use up about half of the energy you put in. Even fatty mc fatass with tens of thousands of calories stored can't access that energy for exercise or else he could run for days on end without ever feeling hungry, we'd have next gen marathon runners who'd all become ultra fatties so they could just run for hours on end without wearing down.

In africa they hunt by running at an animal until it is too tired and cant run away anymore. Humans were designed to run efficiently.

But realistically a human can easily burn 500+ extra calories a day by spending time in a gym or out running.

I agree 100% it is easier to eat less than it is to work off those 500 calories. But if you love food and have extra time in your day, it might be worth it to spend extra time working out so you can enjoy those extra calories without getting fat.

Yes, just set a cutoff point (eg. 2000 calories) and stop once you hit it. Don't worry, you get another 2000 calories the next day.

Fuck eat healthy you mong.
You're not supposed to live off only fat and sugar.

>only the most unhealthy foods even grab your attention while watching tv

are you suggesting that people put a bunch of random shit in front of them while watching TV and they just grab shit without looking because they are too enthralled by the TV?
I don't know how you do it at your home, but I prepare my meal before sitting down in front of the TV, the TV doesn't distract me from making those decisions because my food is made in the kitchen

alcohol is special calories though, you can't gain weight because your body has no process for converting ethanol to fat

of course it can stop you from losing weight and if you combine it with food the booze will metabolize first

>alcohol is special calories though, you can't gain weight

That sounds like bioscience

Look at the nutritional content of any fast or frozen food. It's really not that hard to eat too many calories if you aren't preparing your own food. People get fat because they don't ever prepare their own food.

Yeah I read it on my phone. I use ZingBox. It's a pretty nice app and people can comment on specific pages of a manga. It's made some pages really funny.

post pics of you alien looking body
or the rest of the anons will know you are a dirty liar

>that sounds

please don't shove things in my weiner

fuck you dude

Yes, it's called sacrifice and moderation. Pretty much why only have an actual "meal" once a day. For breakfast i have coffee and some carb (croissant or muffin) under 200 cal. For lunch I have a protein whey fruit smooth. For dinner you had better fucking believe I am having that steak or that bowl of beef bourguignon with a side of fresh crusty baguette.

>tfw whenever I buy mince when shopping I always just get the 1kg pack and cook it all and make spaghetti
>eat it all in a day

I'll always be a fat fuck ;_;

>>ate even more, lifted, eventually got to 155 peak or something, maybe 154
>
>then depression and laziness and sickness, back at 142 now iwth nogains

sounds like you were overtraining. exercise is supposed to cure depression, not cause it.

google cns recovery

this might be tmi but once i got my own apartment, i lost a ton of excess fat just by replacing junk food with mastrubation. doesn't matter what's on, i'm fapping to it.