When did Veeky Forums turn to absolute shit?

The state of this board is atrocious now. Memes used to be occasional, now they're every other thread. Deranged users looking for boogeymen thanks to said memes. Rampant racism and then race bait threads no doubt started by trolling white anons.

The fuck happened here in the past month or so?

And this thread totally improved the quality of the board, right?

I bet you masturbate in front of a mirror.

Thats been the state of the whole website since the second half of last year. Its only gonna keep getting worse as newfags continue adopting this behavior and oldfags are driven out

Veeky Forums is not much worse than it's ever been really. One of the few boards not to decline in quality too noticeably in recent years. Also only a newfag would be claiming rampant racism was a new thing here.

Imo the pronounced racism is only showing itself because of all the race baiting threads, probably started by new users from reddit or somewhere

and you decided to add to the shitpile with a thread like this
kys

>only whites are racists

Fuck you, shitskin....

>Also only a newfag would be claiming rampant racism was a new thing here.

Correct. I remember back when the word nigger was a 24 hour auto ban - and everyone got auto bans frequently.

For meme it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

>white anons
>implying only whitey lurks here
What a racist faggot. I'm assuming you just came over from leddit? Go back.

Throwing the word 'nigger' around and calling for the extermination of the mudraces are two different things. The former is Veeky Forums culture. The latter is a Reddit import.

Between all of the disposable, shitty threads, I feel like there are a lot of threads cropping up with a really solid standard of quality.

>complaining about racism on Veeky Forums
its like you're new or something
every board on Veeky Forums has always been racist
the racism has calmed down in recent years with the influx of brainwashed ~20 yo millennials but that doesn't mean the core of this site is not inherently racist
if you don't like it go back to your hugbox
also, what does this thread have to do with food or cooking?

THIS THREAD IS FACKING RRRRRRQAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWEEWWEWWWWEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

> When did Veeky Forums turn to absolute shit?
When OP showed up.

>the past month or so?

Shut it newfag, some of us have endured this shit for years.

>Member milk jar guy
>Member angie
>Member that nip fag who used to post his cafeteria meal every day
>Member how everyone always hated OC
Let's face it, Veeky Forums was always, by and large, crap

You couldn't be more wrong.

I've been posting on Veeky Forums for ten years (fuck my life), and the racism has gotten way out of hand. It used to be the occasional nigger or Jew joke, but now you can't have any sort of discussion at all about food without fucktards turning it into a racist/xenophobic shitfest. Every thread you see some bullshit about shitskins or amerilards or some other comment designed to inflame people rather than have an actual discussion.

I've noticed the decline not just in Veeky Forums but in other boards as well. /an/ used to be the most chill of boards, but now it's full of people shitposting about killing cats and hating on pit bulls.

There's been a definite shift, and if you haven't noticed it, you're either a newfag or part of the problem.

Pretty much this, its been like this for ages and its surprising you've only just noticed.

>trolling white anons.
Nice boogeyman you got there.

Same. Im just here cause I just asked a question but in the last ten years the quality of the site dropped significantly. What I think the reason is is that people see Veeky Forums as the "super edgy no limits" website and come here to be edgy and post shit, not realising that that bullshit used to be only one aspect of the site. People who have been here for longer drop off, because, well - interests like anime and video games wane when you get older. But the influx of new shitposters is real.

Lol fgt

sorry, the quality of this board dropped as soon as I started posting here a little while ago

again, I'm sorry.

No, I'm sorry.

Veeky Forums needs a sticky.
That would negate a lot of shit posting.

or you've just aged into a hyper sensitive bitch. harden the fuck up cupcake.

your mom needs a sticky

I think the reason is very simple, the most popular android Veeky Forums app got an update a few weeks ago that defaults the frontpage to Veeky Forums
Never came to this board before, now i find myself browsing it every other hour. I suppose it's the same for the occasional pol retatd

It's an election year so /pol/ has gotten a huge surge thanks to the sheer craziness of it all. All boards have seen an influx of activity. And not just board hoppers either.

>now i find myself browsing it every other hour
That's because the core Veeky Forums fucking rocks. All the original Veeky Forums people are awesome, knowledgeable and funny. The kiddies from /b/ and other shit boards are doing their best to ruin it. All they have to do is sit back and lurk. They'll eventually pick up on the character of the board and be polite, contribute content or express their appreciation for others' informative posts.

That's how I found this board.
And yes, it's fucking shit.

>Using an app to browse Veeky Forums
>Downloading the program Jew

Speaking of shit.

>Speaking of shit.
I never speak of shit. Except now. We're speaking of shit. So now I've spoken of shit and I can no longer claim I don't speak of shit. Thanks a lot, dick.

The same time this entire website became meme-infested garbage

We have to move on user

So 2003?

So 2011?

So 2013?

This desu

Holy shit. Is that why? I just thought it was fucking strange that we keep getting a bunch of new users who don't understand the board culture and ones that keep making, "Is this ________ a meme?" threads. Fuck those devs.

2012 - 2013

>complaining about racism on Veeky Forums

well how about you fucking leave you niggerloving faggot.

This. Go back to Tumblr cuck OP

Wow, that explains it.

I've been on Veeky Forums for over a decade as well. The major difference I've noticed is that stuff that used to be used primarily for shock value turned serious. The shift is that the kind of shit people used to post as kind of a joke has turned serious. I blame the alt right. They're the retarded many of us used to pretend to be. They stumbled here, saw us using language ironically that they read as serious, and their kind eventually hit a critical mass where it became serious.

>Alt-right
Stopped reading there. I remember when I didn't have to put a label on everything to call it retarded or validate my arguments, even if the label itself is meaningless.

Suck a dick.

>alt right
>real thing
Pick one.

THIS
I've also been here about a decade and things have very noticeably changed, I mean there were assholes and racists and such but they were easily ignored, mostly kept to their own boards or told to gb2stormfront. Veeky Forums was one of the good boards.

Fuck off you candy ass roody-poo

>said the alt righter

>roody-poo
The people's champions might gig you for that remark.

This year, being a particularly divided election year this shit has really come to a head. But it's been building for a while. The Veeky Forums I stumbled on in 2005 was seriously anti-authoritarian and far more anarchistic than it is today. The only agenda I could read back then was a shared spirit of wanting to fuck shit up for laughs and trying to make peoples' heads explode by one upping each other with regard to outrageous content. By the time I got to Veeky Forums in about 2009 it was a little outpost where /b/ (and later /pol/) type behavior wasn't the overriding norm. But once /pol/ came into being that culture pretty much took over /b/, and has been spilling over here progressively. Most noticeably over the last two years.

>he takes the alt-right right meme seriously
I remember a time when shitposting was just shitposting. Now it has a political meme name. Which is kinda hilarious that it's been taken seriously.

>memes
>racism
>bad

This, but it's important to have a balance of memes and content on a board or you get something like /b/

>said the alt-righter

basically this, but that has nothing to do with the board quality going down and more to do with election day approaching.

Who are you quoting?

sorry but i don't identify my political stance with memes

>pretending you're someone else
>said the alt righter

>repeating a false accusation again and again somehow proves a point
Are you just pretending to be retard or what?
What are you trying to gain by doing this?

Is alt rightist even an insult? It's like saying you're a memester since that's all this alt right faggotry is.

>doesn't get it
spoken like a true alt-righter.

It's just another way of trying to control people since Hillary Clinton can't fight the memesters, so they try to paint them as evil white supremacists.

It's the reason Pepe is now a hate symbol despite the concept bring utterly retarded.

>pepes a hate symbol
This election is hilarious 2bh. And the evil ruskies kek

How dare things change over time! They should remain exactly the same as the first time I ever saw them! Waaah, I want a static universe, mom. It's not fair. Make it stop changing, mom.

Change is acceptable. Enduring complete shit content is something entirely different.

Wake up to adulthood, child.

>its a newfag complains about Veeky Forums being racist thread

Fuck off back to r eddit

>The fuck happened here in the past month or so?
Veeky Forums became a fun entertaining board instead of a a circle jerk for pissy little girls, cuckolds and faggots.

t. another newfag

2009 vintage hacktulee

Did you forget where you are? Or is this all an elaborate ruse because you're a sad lonely old cunt.

I've observed this too. Funny memes and jokes, like mold or bacteria, need a substrate of serious content and memes upon which to thrive.

>2009
>vintage

>2009

Newfag

there's some good discussion when you filter out the /r9k/ers. The greatest tragedy is that any webm or video thread inevitably turns into a jack thread

The /tv/ memers invaded
Fucking ramsay and jackposting

>Vintage means very old
Complete and utter fuckwit.
You have to be an American.

Veeky Forums used to be one of the "boring" Boards where people actually did productive shit. With some funny exceptions like the sunday ramen.

Now its /tv/ tier. the only way to counter this is making quality threads. Like the dude with his cats.

I've been on Veeky Forums a long time but only been on Veeky Forums for a year. I spend most of my time on /k/, /g/ and /out/.

This board has an INCREDIBLE level of shitposting, it's way worse than any of the other boards I use. So much so that the mountain of low effort shitposting is driving out any good content.

I don't even know why i still come to this board, honestly.

>Rampant racism and then race bait threads no doubt started by trolling white anons.
kill yourself, nigger.

yeah, that's funny, because unlike you i actually have been here for over a decade and no one used to complain about racism. it wasn't until 2010 that moot tried to make Veeky Forums reddit friendly and was trying to get investors interested in canv.as that he made posting nigger result in an auto-ban. since then it has only become more and more common for retards to derail threads and shitpost by whining about racism.

not to mention all the shitskins on Veeky Forums taking jabs at "white people food."

Go home, retard.

that's funny, because i've been here longer than you have and the only difference i noticed is the amount of reddit kiddies complaining about /pol/ ad nauseam.

>The fuck happened here in the past month or so?
I feel like it's been exceptionally shitty for at least a few years.

I think it's a result of Veeky Forums's popularity. Who would have thought we'd have "social media personalities" trying to garner views and attention on Veeky Forums of all places?

Between their blatant shilling and the meme crowd, the quality has gone down. Don't get me wrong, Veeky Forums threads were always predominantly shitty, but there were always good discussion or comedy gems present.

The meme forcing is just brutal these days too. It's no longer restricted to summer either. Hell, I almost miss sogwich.

In terms of the edgy racists, that's just a result of the election and /pol/tards spilling over from their containment board.

We went from PHS Guy to some fat middle-aged fuck desperately trying to get us to look at his YouTube videos... from Fatty McAutism to a barrage of banal memes.

People made the odd "racist" joke on Veeky Forums and said nigger etc., but it was never as vitriolic and common as it is now.

Maybe its increased because people are encouraged by the vocal anti-racism crowd, I don't know.

And yes, the days of canv.as definitely marked a change in Veeky Forums and Moot. Now it's mainstream as ever so you get all the 13 year olds and Reddit folk. Veeky Forums used to be basically ignored by most people, the odd poor student or fast food aficionado would stumble upon it. Maybe the Food Network popularity brought along more people and inherently more shit posters?

What's always been interesting about this particular board has been the high/low mashup that coms from talking about food. As someone who cooks, has been in the wine business and has many restaurateur friends the opinions of the frozen pizza, tendies and ranch dressing eating crowd fascinate me, because I don't know any people like that in real life. The idea that they're probably a majority out there kinda scares me.

But really the biggest changes I've seen in board culture over the years is that people started talking about memes as a thing instead of just creating and spreading them. That and the sense that stuff that used to be just for shock value attracted people who actually were into it. It happened first with pedos, then spread to gore and finally racism and homophobia. Back in the day there was a greater sense people were here to be the monsters they couldn't be in real life. They were relatively normal folks letting a side of themselves show that they'd otherwise have no outlet for. Since the rise of social media that line has blurred, and at least I get the sense that increasingly people here spouting outrageous opinions today actually believe the shit they're saying. I have a tough time believing some of the folks who say wine is for women and faggots or chicken wings are nothing but a vehicle for ranch dressing are just pretending to be retarded. It seems like we have a greater percentage of actual retards than we did before. (Maybe that's just because I'm older - I don't know).

/pol/ leaking is unironically a problem. It is destroying every medium traffic board, particularly non weeb boards.

There is also way too many meme threads. Mods need to appear and ask "hey how do you guys want us to moderate" or something. But it's basically out of hand at this point and needs to fucking stop. The only people who find it funny are the twelve year olds posting it every day. And don't pretend like it is and nobody knows it's your first year here, some of us have been here for a while and it's obvious who is new and who isn't

>There is also way too many meme threads.

Yeah, one of the ways we recognize oldfags is they don't know English grammar.

>/pol/ leaking is unironically a problem

This fucking meme.

4 chan isn't a liberal arts college. All you sensitive little snowflakes should just go to reddit, or tumblr, or any other place that shares your echochamber view of the world.

>/pol/ boogeyman meme
Reddit pls.

Veeky Forums grew up. And if you're an American, you see the shit the nogs get away with here. Like destroying entire cities cause Michael brown or whoever got shot and Obamas constant race baiting faggotry.

>le /pol/ boogeyman
fuck off, reddit transplant. there are no "racist" threads up, but this shit thread about racism is up.

kill yourself, or fuck off. either is fine, but former is preferable so that others don't have to suffer you.

that's nice and all, but the fact remains that racism has always been a part of Veeky Forums. in fact, i'd wager that you'd find more posts before containing nigger in them than you would now. not even as a percentage of total posts, but the raw number. yet, you didn't have reddit transplants crying in nearly every thread about racism and/or /pol/ and derailing threads with their whining. complaining about other Veeky Forums boards should be a bannable offense. if you don't like it then fuck off.

this shit thread alone, which has nothing to do with food, meant that another thread got pushed off page 10.

Veeky Forums is still kind of fine compared to most boards, but there's been a noticeable increase in maymays in the last year.
I used to browse /b/ and /tv/ mostly, but those two got invaded by I don't even know what new kind of degeneracy it is. /s/ is still fine too but don't tell my mom I go there.
Blame it on memes becoming an increasing part of pop culture, it'll go worse before it goes better.

what are you talking about fag, the board has always been 90% fast food/memes and 10% cooking discussion
you're an idiot for thinking this board was good for anything except maybe browsing the catalog once a day

>all those faggots thinking that the racism leaks from /pol/ to the other boards
you do realize that racism on Veeky Forums was nothing special even before /pol/? i bet most of you weren't even here before /pol/ was created as a containment board. just because the posters could suddenly be as racist as they wanted on their new politically incorrect board didn't mean it just vanished from the other boards. racism was always here, you're just too new to know

>/pol/ leaking is a problem
>calls others 12 year olds
>says shitposting is out of hand
>acts like an oldfag
>is a jojofag

wow i've never seen so much irony in one post before

>i bet most of you weren't even here before /pol/ was created as a containment board.
>you're just too new to know

Defensive newfag detected. /pol/ is just /new/ 2.0. It's not necessarily a containment board, more like a bait board. It keeps them focused within /pol/ and makes that kind of material less prevalent in other boards.

There is a difference between racism, e.g. jokes and saying nigger or blaming jews, and constant drone of /pol/ speak.

>4 chan isn't a liberal arts college.
And it never has been. But the casual racism and homophobia that were always used just for shock value are increasingly sincerely expressed. This has been a trend for about six years now. I remember when we were all faggots and niggers, now those terms are increasingly used to identify "the other" in a more traditional sense.
The very fact that you have to actively attempt to discredit it as Redidit shit shows how ubiquitous it's become. Where this does particular damage to Veeky Forums is because the people who unironically use terms like "nu-male" almost always have shit taste in food. Because being into good food goes against their ideology, since an appreciation of good things carries too much of a whiff of elite liberalism. If only because it implies being aware that most of what's eaten by "real" Americans is trash.
People get upset because the police tend to target and kill their kind? How is that not legit? Really, Cleetus, are you saying that if you were black you wouldn't be angry as fuck? I know I would be.
You can tie it directly to food because how one eats in America is indeed a political act. People who eat at Chick-Fil-A or Carl's Jr have different views than those who regularly eat falafel. I'm sure there's a little overlap, but not all that much.

what the fuck is wrong with masturbating in front of a mirror?