Tradesman hate thread

>generally low iq
>Over inflated sense of self importance
>Will be out of work in 10 years when the real thinking men develop ai that can perform basic functions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jYQaji1ceQg
youtube.com/watch?v=G2KTZAwlJMg
youtube.com/watch?v=lG1YjDdI_c8
youtube.com/watch?v=1YFrISfN7jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you get bogged lmao

butthurt from that other thread so you started a new one?

They make a ton of money, pension, and good benefits. Robots only automate.

>over inflated sense of self-importance
You're more than welcome to come and do my job for a day neet.
Oh wait, you're not qualified or intellectual enough to repair complex electrical equipment. Maybe one day huh?

Tradesmen will be replaced by AI after accountants and lawyers.

Comparing the complexity of the law to basic mechanical know how is retarded user

but I thought they made 500k/yr

>Will die early and poor or will live long enough to become an obsolete cripple
No thanks

lol
you're both getting fucked
enjoy the future

t. wealthy enough to never work again

Laughing my way to the bank, fagbag.

you keep telling yourself that.
remember to cut down the road for results.

It's funny how thing think most white collar jobs won't be replaced by Ai most likely first, the fucking state of biz. Check out "humans need not apply" on YouTube, they may realise then

>tfw live in blue collar midwest
>even the programmers think they’re fucking cowboys or some shit
Fuck, I hate this place.

Alot of lawyer work is not even fucking don't by the lawyers themselves fuck tard.

The law is much easier to understand for an AI. The legal field is already experiencing a shrinking because jobs like paralegals are now automated.

For trades automation you need a more general kind of intelligence, and even the robotics part is harder to achieve.

It seems counterintuitive but remember that what computers find easy, we find hard and vice versa.

AI isn't robotics idiot. AI will automate white collar first. Trades will be around for awhile

i'm in a quant heavy white collar job making well over 6 figures and i have all the respect in the world for tradesman. we need more skilled tradespeople. i bought a huge historic home and the shortage of skilled tradespeople to restore it is staggering, and i will pay out the ass for it. OP is a basement dweller who builds freemium aps hoping to hit the jackpot but couldn't hold a legit dev job, what a shitbag

>Falling for the old shit is worth wasting your money on when new better shit is cheaper and better meme
I don't get you people

Tradesmen do a good job you fucking soy smoking faggot, butthurt that you can only get warehouse work?

what are you talking about? properly renovated historic homes go for a massive premium compared to the cookie cutter shitboxes you can buy now. like crypto with hard caps, homes built in the early 1900's are in finite supply, and demand will only continue to increase. maybe one day when you can afford a home you will understand

People that think tradesmen and skilled labour will be replaced with ai have obviously never done or seen how this work is carried out. Maybe in the year 3000 when robots like Bender from futurama are real lmao. Writing programs that can replace desk jockies however.... Sorry soyboiiis, [email protected]

This. Modern homes are made out of fucking paper. Old heritage homes are solid hardwood and brick. Shits dank

I don't weld but I have built shit with wood, blade, nail & screw, caulk, tape, staple, vapor barrier and wind barrier, fiberglass, drill, electrical conduit, blah blah blah. shit is too complex for an AI for maaaaaaaaaaany years user, not 10. also:
>mongloid faggots like OP conflate AI with robots.

Depends on what trade you're talking about. The demand for skilled contractors (general contractors, or subs that are in a good field) is just going to increase as most kids today are going to college to find cushy desk jobs. When this current older generation of contractors retire or die, there are a lot less young people wanting to get in to these fields. And who is going to build/remodel homes for those with the cushy degree jobs?
Spoiler alert, it's not going to be a fucking robot.
Can't deny the self importance and IQ correlation that goes along with a lot of trades out there, but to say they'll be out of work in 10 years? You're delusional.

>when you realize you fell for the STEM meme

>accountants and lawyers
both are already on their way out, accountants first as theres still a trust barrier to get through when it comes to the law, though all of the grunt work in the legal world isnt done by humans anymore.
The company I work for used to have a regular accountant, now we use xero.com and have a girl on minimum wage managing that account for us part time, the only reason we even have her is so we have somebody to blame when it makes a mistake.

We certainly have both ends of the brainlet spectrum here on Veeky Forums don't we.

u ever tried welding softboy? shit is hard work, no way a robot could take it over except in repetitive manufacturing applications

ME MORE DESIRABLE FOR FEMALE MATE
ME HARD BOY
YOU SOFT BOY

I’ll charge you 100 more an hour on your car soyboy

Software engineer here

You heavily overestimate our rate of automation. We can only automate rote or routine work in a small (contained) context.

Anything that requires dynamic thought or labor is going to be impossible without advanced AI. What is intuitive to the human is a mammoth task to program.

Do you suggest tig or Mig welding to learn firstbat home?

Arc, then move on from there.

It depends on the trade really. There are some complex trades that AI can't do.
youtube.com/watch?v=jYQaji1ceQg

It's happening already. You really think it stops at manufacturing? I've known way too many guys who were dumb as a rock and could still stick metal together

This is the most retarded response on biz today

I don't disagree but tbf that describes like 90% of people in all occupations, not just trades

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

give it time, there's bound to be more gems in a thread like this.

A robot cant represent a client before a judge...just imagine that all parts would be right because both robots know the law...at 100%

Bookkeeper =/= accountant.
Bookkeepers are literally just entry level finance clerks, they cannot do what a qualified accountant can do.

This

>Falling for this scam
You are part of the problem

what if AI start trading crypto lads?

Oh I am laffin, boy you have a lot to learn.

same happens to all industries
tradesman is just a branding
by college midwits
to encourage more enrollment

Who /instrument tech/ here?

>youtube
truly an intellectual

>buying a highly flammable particle board shack

when i was a kid i had few short summer jobs with tradesmen, most are retard level iq, then there are few ok smart people.

not that it gets much better at any white collar corporation, most are retarded there too. better not participate in such insanity and do other... stuff... by yourself or with other geniuses. better life, the further you are the normal people.

youtube.com/watch?v=G2KTZAwlJMg

What's wrong with Youtube? There's some great stuff there, for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=lG1YjDdI_c8
youtube.com/watch?v=1YFrISfN7jo

>Electrician
>26 yo
>made 90k last year
>no debt
>74k in crypto

feel free to hate on me

fucking this accountants are already on the way out as if these gay pencil pushers don't realise this

but what about accounting and other basic business functions?

>comp sci from top 5 university
>24 yo
>165k salary + 160k equity
>1.4m in crypto

feel free to hate on me

This is true. Im a welder that has worked everything from structural,marine, general farm/repair, titanium aerospace, food grade stainless.

I welcome the robots.. there are plenty of menial/ unhealthy things ive had to do that could be automated. But prob 90% of the time its all about dynamic problem solving and finesse.. situations where you would need a person or literally super advanced Ai driving a humanoid body with years of downloaded exp to stack up against jo smo welder bro.

Also Op. There are plenty of dumb tradesmen. Maybe the majority. Hate them if you want. Generally racist and satisfied with their small lives/dying early. At least in my field.

But, some of us are talented and literally irreplaceable

>what is recursive seed AI

computer faggots and white collar cucks will be replaced a decade before tradies. Take that to the bank

Also, welder wages are exaggerated. You put up with rednecks, and breathing poisons and working very hard. For ball park 50-65k.

I make 63 and work in a fairly safe shop that values its employees/ am talented as fuck but not loud about it and they know it.

Almost every tradesfag I know working for himself is making at least 80K, most around 150K or so.

The problem with trades is finding good employees. The problem is that all the good employees work for themselves, so the only way to make >200K or so is to have your business structured in a way that is dependent on systems rather than people.

I run a metalworking shop and clear about 600-800K per year for the past few years. Most of my employees aren't highly skilled, but are taught to work with 2 or 3 machines and I just act as a foreman and do very specialized work. I have 2 skilled employees and 11 machine operators.

Yes, most employees in the trades are retarded, but that doesn't mean getting into the trades is a low IQ pursuit. As long as you are knowledgable enough to work on your own you will out earn most white collar fags. Theres a shortage of skilled tradesmen and they are well compensated.

>Generally racist
I've never known a tradetard that didn't act like Mexicans are the worst thing ever

>Toolmaker
Mid level corporate elitism is adorable
The unwarranted sense of importance some get. They act like they are gods among peasants for doing something slightly more important in someone else's overall frame of things.

Its like the mayor's aide guy from futurama to the >t

100% fucking this. White collar jobs BTFO

Its seriously retarded. I get tired of the low brow humour/legitimate racism.

feel free to larp on my face daddy

The Virgin Office Cuck
>traffic to and from work everyday
>has 8 bosses, none of them are straight white males
>Salary, his extra 10-20 hours a week at the office arent compensated.
>gets bossed around by fat women and pajeets
>pasty skin and skinnyfat body due to the lifestyle of sitting in a chair under fluorescent lights
>derives his identity from his consumption

The Chad Tradesman
>Spends his time all over town, not stuck in one place
>gets to be in the sun each day
>very active work keeps his gains solid
>Customers call him to come fix problems, he answers to no boss
>no female HR dept to answer to.
>no office politics and drama
>women get wet when they see him in uniform.

The fact that they act so surly all the time tells you that their life is miserable. Remind yourself of that next time one tries to act like that. Blue collar work destroys you emotionally.

>tfw my job is described as "light blue collar"

is this the soyboy equivalent of tradesman?

Most work does dude. Unless you take pride in it/ pursue a higher level.

>be me
>bartending today
>dude tells me his story
>marine then bartender now firefighter
>tells me Sick war stories
>his Chick shows up
>hot af and he’s not shit prolly doesn’t make shit for money

He’s living the life though. Everyone respects him, he’s got a big tittied skinny hot chick. He was super cool to talk to and personable. Could life be better than that? That’s ideal. I met the head honcho of my company and he was a foul mouthed dick head but a gagillionair.

Unfortunately a lot of people that are marines and firefighters die.

We already have a tool called a CAT scan to locate cables before digging. But it's not accurate so before any machine gets near the ground we hand dig trial holes. Pure manual labour digging holes will never be replaced by a machine.

I work as an American welder and make 500k a year. Without us your world would fall apart. That bridge you drive over its held up by other welders like me. That fucking car you drive is held together by my fellow union welding brothers.

I work in the medical gas sector. We weld and prefab all the working gas fittings for hospitals. Without guys like me your surgerys that you pay to go get in the hospital wouldn't happen. I Might even save your life one day because of one of my welds.

You want to know the best part about being a welder though? At the end of the day I can actually hold my hard earned cash in my hands. That's right I can count it and feel it. Unlike these scammy crypto coins that have absolutely no use case and will go no where but zero.

So why don't you do yourself a favour. Put down the laptop and pick up the torch. Ignite the spark to your financial freedom.

this is just a false flag to give tradesmen an opportunity to brag right?
no one could unironically believe this right?

>digging holes will never be replaced by a machine

And trade cucks get the boot

Ah,look a tradecuck, proving op correct. Your kind need to be lynched.

this has to be pasta.

>being scared of death
Pussy detected

>always act rough and tough unnecessarily, ie being proud of deep cuts and serious injuries, often brushing them off as to avoid being called a "pussy"
>more prone to injury due to lack of situational awareness and steady hands
I worked with these fags for a few years and they were so inefficient and flamboyant about everything, they should have been aborted.

Yeah in the future we will all just be prostitutes.becauee ai will write its own code

Lol bro, I'm a former D-1 football player, have abs at 6'1" 240 lbs, worked as a bouncer, Did army ROTC in trade school, turning it down for 500k welding job, and I bench somewhere around 420 lbs. I grew up on base and boxed since I was 8. I've got the quickest hands I've ever seen in person from a non professional fighter, especially at my weight. If my gf wants to talk chit I'll let her do it to a point before pulling her away. If some guy gets in her face? I'm either gonna do the responsible thing and get the bouncer or pick him up and slam his phucking neck into the concrete.

What do you weigh… 190 lbs? Bench maybe 275 lbs? Lol. You have no idea what it's like walking around as big and as strong as someone like me. First of all, 95% of men walk in fear of you, and 95% of the other 5% of men are just retarded.

Literally the last 3 altercations I've been in with other males ended with me giving them one back hand slap and knocking them to the ground (I'm terrified of hitting most men and either killing them or putting them into a coma)

Any type of altercation, verbal etc. whether it involves girls I know or guys I know just mildly amuse me as I know I can step in and regulate the situation in a split second if things get serious.

Take your tiny, wanna be, hard pretend phaggot ass elsewhere pussy.

It is pasta , 90% is Veeky Forums are weldmen.

And you're not intelligent enough to design said equipment that you work on and maintain

>EE master race

Only if you're a welder

First to go will be office jobs genius. You can't automate basic human motions yet but you CAN automate spreadsheets and accounting books. There goes the office drones who have to type into a computer all day. Last to go will be trades and agricultural jobs once AI becomes advanced enough.

>tfw only 300k per year welder

What union are you guys?

The kind that fuck over taxpayers.

government job?

>only 300k

kek let me guess: less than 5 years of experience

I don't know why all these threads seem to center around welding.

Anyway I own a welding shop, getting to that point was harder than I could imagine. No one in my area pays a welder more than 15hr to start, usually its more like 14, and thats for aluminum mig. You might make more to tig if you're good, less if you are on a construction site burning rods. Union iron workers make like 30k a year to start.

I don't get why everyone here thinks being a welder is a gold brick road or something. Its a hard, hot, dirty job that pays shit until you put in decades of time, assuming you're good. If not you will make shit pay forever.

This.

It's funny how college grads and office drones harp about trades but let them try simple welding and they will have no clue how to operate one. I tried welding and it's fucking hard. You'd need to choose the right electrode for the type of metal and weld, as well adjusting the amperage and having precise hand motion and eyesight to get the job fucking done. I doubt a bunch of soy boys will be able to do that when the most physical activity they've done is typing on a computer and their eye-to-hand coordination is done on a computer screen.

>Smug neckbeard sense of entitlement
>Assumption about intelligence
>Robots will build his basement bedroom in his parent's house in his lifetime

Neer change, Veeky Forums. Never change.

Try arc first so you'll get the basics. Then move from there. I'll tell you, it will be hard tho and if you have respiratory issues, then just forget it. You'll be inhaling toxic fumes all day not to mention the iron dust coming from grinding of metals you'll have to inhale.

Senpai I'm a carpenter but I fucking hate it. I'm objectively bad at it to boot. Throughout my life whether it be school, sports, instruments, martial arts, girls, whatever, if I apply myself I get above average to great results. NOT with carpentry though. I am completely fucking stunned. I have literally been carried through 3 years of schooling by bro tier friends in class. I find it so hard to retain any information and I absolutely hate the work itself.

I'm desperate for a new career while continuing to build this crypto portfolio. Any advice?

the automation is coming faster than people realize. truckers will be the next on the chopping block. there will still be local drivers needed but the trucks will be capable of traversing the interstates fully automated. that's the end of the long haul driver. period. game over. truck driving will become a day job anyone can do.

>10 years

If AI takes off that could happen but it scares me to death becuase AI with that much physical influence like mending machines can wipe us out.

>can't socialize
>b-b-b-but I'm super duper special them dumb me smurt! hunyuuuk!
Maybe the problem is you and not them autist.

Well memed my friend. Good pasta.

Aerospace TIG welder here.
Just got this gig
Already made 71K last year with massive amounts of OT.
Should be over 100k next year.

I don't think you retards realize just how much physical labor can't be replaced by Electronics. I myself helped with programming a laser welder, and they're still very labor-intensive.