Is being a landlord lucrative?

Is being a landlord lucrative?

I want to have sex with this girl

I want to have sex with this girl

If you live in a vacation destination and use AirBNB is sure is.

Don't buy single family homes to rent out a year at a time, it isn't worth it.

Get the right tenants it's fine
Otherwise NIGHTMARE

Go for nurses or something like that.
Some students are okay but you need to have a good eye look for good grades and austimal tendancies and you be fine

Only if pictured isn't able to pay the rent by any financial means. If you know what I'm saying.

I bought antshares and now I wonder why anybody would put up with any shit of that kind to make money.
But maybe I have a lucky perspective.
Still, researching coins for 2 week and making a good investment and then not spend this brainpower on managing shit like that forever seems like a good deal. Try it. Jump over your shadows, leave the board for 3 days and le do your own research. It's not a meme.

Bumping for interest, my long term plan is to slowly accumulate real estate during market dips and rent them for profit to create a passive stream of income and escape wagecuckery. Not sure how realistic that is though.

>mfw my entire portfolio is down 70% and I have no more capital to invest in crypto even if I found the next 1000x

I want to deny this girl sex with me.

Why not?

Airbnb is the way to go. Did this with my 2 bedroom apartment for a year and made like $10k only renting out the 2nd room for about half the year, not bad.

The rate of return on your money (5% or so) is pretty low for the risk you make.

>Airbnb
That seems unstable and seasonal. However, I plan on living in a major tourist destination (Miami). Is it that hard to get good tenants?

How high status do I have to be to fuck this girl? I'm thinking at least Drake status... fuck!

It’s not seasonal desu. I did it in Tampa. Miami will be easy mode.

As do we all, user. As do we all

I have been working on this since my early 20s. I purchased homes that needed remodels for very cheap price (You need to be VERY careful here if you don't know what you're doing. Foundation, structure, roof in that order. If you've never done the work yourself - get an estimate before offering. Understand that you make NO MONEY by "Fixing it up yourself." You make money by getting a good buy. The buy price is Purchase Price + Cost of having a pro fix it up)

I live in the Mid-West - & so property is cheap here. I go for homes that are mid tier. Meaning single parents, low middle class. Those who can afford nicer homes buy so it's hard to find renters.

But I buy only on the good side of town where I'd be ok raising my family. You can pay a real estate company 10% of the gross rent (only charged if it's rented) to screen tenants, arrange all repairs, collect rent etc. You want to do this until you get several rentals. Just trust me.

What I am finding is I can count on banking about 50% of my rent. This includes taking into account property tax, house insurance, vacancies (utilities, lawn etc), management fees etc.

It's hard for me to calc a percentage as I didn't keep track of all the money and time I spent on fixing homes up. But I'm guessing I'm making about 7 - 8% on average.

I recently sold half of my crypto and bought another place I'm really excited about. Two duplexes & two garage apartments (renters are only in 4 of the unites - the rest need to be fixed up).

The great thing BEYOND the % of interest you draw is that rent and home values go up with inflation. If done right - your home will be in better shape when your renters are done. And you will keep up with inflation on your principle. And taxes are nice to you (property depreciation, 15% income taxes etc).

By 35 I will generage $1200 / $1500 enough passive income to go live on an island in Thailand if I want to in places most people just vacation).

What risks? Risks seem non existent to me oher than having to fix the bathroom or heating or whatever when something breaks.

>By 35 I will generage $1200 / $1500 enough passive income to go live on an island in Thailand if I want to in places most people just vacation).

I've been looking at properties in Bulgaria & Montenegro for this reason. Too bad the pump died. I could have made enough off my Tezos if they'd launched to have bought international property & had another passport.

Just did that. It works just fine.
2k/mo with 300k invested

There is some risk. Where I live is a retirement community + oil field. When oil went bust I didn't rent for 6 months. Utilities + mortgage payments + big repairs are risks you need to account for.

Is this a business rental? How man sq feet & where for 300K

You’re not a renter and have no idea what your talking about. My family has a few rental houses and it’s good. Someone else is paying your mortgage and then some. They pay utilities and everything minus property taxes. Until the next 2008 happens land is a good investment. We can always fuck off and sell it for a profit too. And we’re not asshats and Reno it ourselves

Until you uncover black mold and your building is condemned.

I wouldn't rent out my car to a stranger, much less live in a house I owned for years at a time with their kids, but I just imagine it getting wrecked by tenants