I'm considering becoming vegetarian. Telle me Pro and Cons according to your experience

I'm considering becoming vegetarian. Telle me Pro and Cons according to your experience

Pro:
>you can tell people your vegetarian when they offer their shit food they cooked from a recipe on Veeky Forums

Cons:
>no more mcChickens, the best fast food sandwich

Pro: False sense of superiority
Con: Miserable life

cons
>you are a cuck

pro
>none

Pro:
>Depends on why you're doing it. If it is for ethical reasons, then you can satisfy your ethical needs.
>Vegetarians are statistically more likely to be within a healthy weight than meat eaters
>You are basically assured not to get some of the major chronic diseases associated with lack of fiber or micronutrients, since you are likely to be eating a lot of vegetables and fruits (unless you do your diet stupidly)
>You get to have fun triggering everyone on Veeky Forums who has an emotional seizure as soon as someone mentions not eating meat.

Cons:
>Meat is tasty, and vegetarian meat substitutes aren't nearly as tasty
>Your options at restaurants will be limited
>Much fast-food and pre-packaged pre-processed food will now be unavailable to you, so you'll probably have to learn to cook to get good, affordable food.
>You have to listen to every one on Veeky Forums who gets triggered when they hear you don't eat meat

Is it true that you're more likely to feel less weak and more active and energic?

Aww... That cow is so cute!

Any kind of healthier diet will do that, though i'm sure many will claim yes.

Accurate.

Vegetarians aren't so bad, it's those vegan cucks and paleo idiots you gotta look out for

>Is it true that you're more likely to feel less weak and more active and energic?

It was true for me, especially when I started learning to cook and get all the nutrients I needed.

However, I've also met a number of vegetarians that fit the weak and frail stereotype, so it's probably dependent on the individual and how you do your diet.

Pros
>Drastically reduces your risk for heart disease, high blood presure, diabetes, & cancer
>Drastically reduced risk of cross-contamination/food poisoning
>Lose weight
>Save money
>Feel better about the environment and animal welfare

Cons
>Requires more kitchen work to plan and prep meals
>You'll need to stock up on ingredients like mushroom powder, MSG, soy, tomato, & miso paste/sauce to replace the glutamate flavor that meat naturally has which makes cooking ez modo
>Will get expensive if you insist on only fresh and/or produce over frozen/canned varieties

cons
>you never get to eat steak, burgers, fried chicken, sushi, scallops, bbq ribs, or sausages ever again

pros
>SJW hippy chicks will be slightly more dtf

If you're gonna go vegeterian might as well just go vegan, at least with that there's health benefits. Lots of veggies get fucked up hearts anyways because most of their protein comes from dairy and eggs which still have hell cholesterol.

>Pros
>>Drastically reduces your risk for heart disease, high blood presure, diabetes, & cancer
not necessarily
>>Drastically reduced risk of cross-contamination/food poisoning
not necessarily
>>Lose weight
not necessarily. might gain weight depending on how they eat.
>>Save money
not necessarily
>>Feel better about the environment and animal welfare
Feel? sure. Actually making a difference? not necessarily
>Cons
>>Requires more kitchen work to plan and prep meals
not necessarily
>>You'll need to stock up on ingredients like mushroom powder, MSG, soy, tomato, & miso paste/sauce to replace the glutamate flavor that meat naturally has which makes cooking ez modo
not necessarily
>>Will get expensive if you insist on only fresh and/or produce over frozen/canned varieties
not necessarily

Your list is shit

>Will get expensive if you insist on only fresh and/or produce over frozen/canned varieties

This can depend considerably on how you shop and eat.

Once I started cooking most things from scratch, my shopping list started looking like this:
>bulk grains, bulk dried beans/lentils, less expensive greens like romaine, potatoes/sweet potatoes, small amount of nuts and seeds, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, non-exotic fruit in season, some milk and cheese

Most expensive things on my list were milk and cheese, which I used to get anyway. Everything else can be very inexpensive, and my grocery bill went down considerably - even though I used to eat a lot of "cheap" processed foods.

I've been vegetarian since I was 18, I thought it would be really difficult to stop eating meat and find vegetarian recipes but it really wasn't that hard. I guess the biggest con is it can be hard to find vegetarian dishes when I go out to eat instead of cooking at home. Also it can be tricky to figure out what foods have animal products in them, sometimes it won't be obvious.

You critized without providing decent feed back

And you ranted without explaining your statements. Both posts are pointless.

go for it m8

Don't waste your time.
Whenever there is a vegan thread, no matter what you post, there is a 95% chance that someone is going to come in just to say, "you're wrong!" and fuck off without another word.

If you engage everyone who isn't actually trying to have a conversation in these type of threads, it's going to get frustrating.

Heres mine while trying to maintain my active life style

Pros:
>workouts are easier at first
>Lighter meals, not so sluggish days
>easier regulation of weight at first
>Never constipated
>Cheaper in the summer

Now the cons but this is just because of it's interference with work
Cons
>Steadily becoming weaker with adjustments of workouts to work with nutritional input
>Feeling ill missing out on old foods
>shits expensive in the winter
>Extreme eating out limitations and what you can buy

Pro:
You will lose some weight and it will be better for the environment

Cons:
You'll be a faggot

tough choice desu

>mfw after a general ultrasound checkup my doctor keeps talking about how nice it is to do ultrasounds on vegetarians compared to 80% of the fat fucks that come to his practice for 15 minutes instead of leaving while I wipe the gel off my tidies

I didn't say he was wrong, but that he needs to specify his claims. people can live on nothing but donuts and still be vegetarian or vegan, but it will be very expensive and bad for their health. One of the main arguments against vegans is that they spout nonsense without explaining themselves. Being 'vegan' isn't necessarily better in any way, but being vegan in spesific ways (eating healthy and taking responsibility for the origins and processing of products) is unquestionably better. Unfortunately the loudest vegans are the idiots, drowning out the wise voices.

Pro: none

Con: Child welfare services will take away your infant children when you try to raise them vegan. A number of vegans have killed or brain damaged their infants feeding all vegan diet.

>it will be better for the environment.

One person won't change anytihng.

>Vegetarian and vegan is the same thing

Calm your euphoria down

Pros: it's really cheap
Con: you deal with faggots like user I responded to

Avalanches are just a bunch of snowflakes going in the same direction

>In b4 special snowflake comment/jokes

This isn't intended to be bait, but when I consider the ethics that lead me to vegetarianism I'm left with the conclusion that suicide is the only acceptable course of action. Regardless of how you limit your consumption, your existence will be a burden on the environment as well as society. At that point pure selfishness seems to become more rational.

>Considering

Just do it or don't do it, no one cares. Fuck off.

I've been vegan for 7 years so here's my honest review of veganism (no offense but I won't be addressing vegetarianism because vegetarianism is as bad as eating meat if you're just switching meat for products with dairy/eggs).

Pros: You have a clean conscience with no cognitive dissonance clouding your brain anymore. If you're eating a healthy vegan diet, you'll decrease your risk for countless health issues, and notice many health benefits. You'll likely increase the variety in your diet through trying different vegan products you'd never thought of trying before, and you will love a lot of them and wonder how you lived without them. Your food is clean, not disgusting in just about every way imaginable.

Cons: After a couple years or more of being vegan, the smell of animal products becomes totally intolerable, nauseating, and this is honestly the biggest issue for me as a vegan because it's unavoidable. The other biggest issue is people. People who don't understand, don't want to understand, people who harass you, or rub the animal torture they contribute in your face. Depends on what kind of people you normally associate with though so this is kind of avoidable. My advice if you ever become an activist: choose your battles wisely. Don't stress yourself out over trolls on the internet - if you want to help animals but don't want to have to associate with idiots who will give you anxiety disorder, there are many ways of doing this. Messaging policy makers, restaurant owners, grocery store owners, etc., etc. Spread information anonymously (possibly one of the most effective ways of getting people to go vegan because that way their mind isn't clouded by the feeling that someone is judging them - even if you aren't at all). Also, sometimes there are limited options at restaurants or stores, but you'll be changing that by increasing the demand for vegan products. It's temporary.

The problem with being a vegetarian, like all diets, is that you're limiting yourself. Life is the aggregate of all your experiences and by becoming a vegetarian you are limiting the kinds of experiences you can have. If you are the kind of person that doesn't care and prefers to have a special snowflake creedo that defines them, then do it. If you want to make the most out of life then don't become a vegetarian.

It also doesn't help the environment. At all. The world is already a giant Crispix with corn on one side and grains on the other. Not to mention it isn't as cheap as people think to eat vegan--if you want a healthy amount of calories (especially from plant based fats so you don't lose brain mass or become depressed), you'll have to invest in nuts or spinach or SOME crop other than grains that uses a lot of water.

The only acceptable argument to veganism is personal ethic--I take no issue with people who tell me that they eat vegan because of their feelings towards animals. It's a very noble thing to live with as much integrity as possible--it's very ignorant, however, to say that this diet is somehow "healthier" and more "sustainable" than an omnivorous diet because it absolutely is not, and it takes some incredible mental gymnastics to convince yourself it is.

tl;dr: veganism is great if you recognize it's your personal choice and you don't become a condescending evangelical towards omnivores.

Pros: you become a nu-male cuck
Cons: meat is fucking delicious

>The world is already a giant Crispix with corn on one side and grains on the other.

PROS:
>You can go into starbucks and ask for vegan coffees
>Wear girly clothes
>Whine on tumblr abut how disgusting non-vegans are
>You can boast to all of you're friends that you're a vegan and they should be too
>Leave the room whenever someone eats meat-related items
CONS:
>Kiss your juicy, tender, well-spiced steaks away
>No more burgs and dogs for you, you also gotta custom-order pizza
>Remember those orgasmic cheese pulls when you'd tear a food item in two? Now you are well educated and have superior intellectual intellect to those disgusting pigs and sit down and cry
>Fish fellet? More like no way!
>Creamy crab soups and dishes are no more
>At least you know that you're not hurting the environment... r-right?

pros: none

cons: You will become very very ill. You will suffer cognitive/memory impairment and possibly permanent nerve/brain damage from the lack of the vitamins, minerals, and protein found in meat.

Have fun.

Do you plan on eating cheese/milk/eggs? This is the deciding factor. I don't drink milk, but I eat cheese and local eggs.

Pros of a "lacto ovo" vegetarian diet?
-You'll have an easier time losing weight if you're fat.
-Ethical dilemmas
-Environmental dilemma

Cons
-Difficult to not sound pretentious when ordering at a restaurant
-Friends/family will attempt to talk you out of it. It's the most triggering thing for some reason.
-Difficult for some people? Was not difficult for me. I ate meat with every meal. You very quickly adjust.

Neutral:
-No issues with vitamins/minerals/protein and living a healthy lifestyle in general as long as you're not a complete idiot and use breads and other carbs to replace meats in your diet.

>tfw didn't even like meat when I was younger
>became vegetarian when I was 17
>mfw everyone gets really fucking triggered if I ever mention I don't like meat

>frogposting vegan
Is the brain damage that bad?

becoming a vegetarian basically forced me to learn how to cook cuz i could no longer just say fuck it and go to mcdonalds

i lost weight, my skin cleared up, and i generally enjoyed food more. i was more conscious of what i was eating and more proactive in my diet.

there's been huge gains in vegetarian/vegan food options in the last few years so if you're looking for a good meat alternative you got options, though it tends to be pricey. but if you're short on cash you've got options, too. you'd be surprised how far you can stretch frozen and canned veggies and beans. there's so many resources out there for veg beginners, too.

you're gonna have to deal with some assholes but for the most part people are pretty indifferent to it. my core group of friends are all vegetarians so i'm a lil sheltered but other friends and my family are pretty chill with it- in fact, i cook for my mom regularly and she likes what i make, and my dad got me a tofurkey roast last year for thanksgiving.

just be sure to double check with your doctor if you have any sort of conditions, especially allergies or autoimmune or hormonal ones cuz you could get really sick.

Pro:
>Less time to prepare meals
>Easy to lose weight
>That whole moralfag business
>Get in the pants of other vegetarians

Cons:
>Meat tastes really good
>Harder to get decent amounts of protein and minerals
>Harder to dine out
>You will annoy people with your special treatment requirements

>meat is tasty meme
Overcooked meat, super dry, tasteless, stringy. If this was the only way you could eat meat would you still eat it?

>you can prepare X wrong, therefore X isn't that great after all

Would you still eat tomatoes if you could only eat them after they have been burned black like charcoal?

what are you getting at

This is one of my favorite memes. I don't even bother to argue it anymore. I just genuinely enjoy it.

Pros:
>A false sense of self superiority
Cons:
>Can't eat meat and deprive yourself of some of the best tasting foods on the planet
>Become a disgusting lanklet
>Most people will judge you for being a vegetarian faggot behind your back

Take for example. You can clearly tell this vegan has some form of cognitive impairment from malnourishment.

>vegetables are tasty meme
Overcooked vegetables, super dry, tasteless, stringy. If this was the only way you could eat meat would you still eat it?

why cant you just change your diet and eat less meat?

Honestly I think about it a lot too. Or at least maybe just pescatarian. Animals are so beautiful and cute. It makes me angry that humans hurt them. Gif related. I saw a video of a masked woman crushing and killing multiple ducklings for no reason other than sadistic pleasure. I feel guilty for eating meat.

If you become vegetarian you can't have real bacon anymore

>you cant eat le meme foods XDD

maybe becoming a vegetarian isnt that bad

>Pros
You get karma points and the respect of other vegans
>Cons
Most normals will hate you because a lot of the vegans before you ruined it by being massive faggots about it and linking to vids of slaughter houses as if people don't know meat comes from dead animals.
Also you will be less happy.

Because I have to join some exclusive club with it's codified doctrine so I can point at other people outside my tribe and say, "those are the lowly others."

except that's sadism and she's a psychopath

slaughterhouses kill animals in quick, painless ways, pretty much more humane than we die

Pros: cheap, forces you to cook things you might not have ever thought of, makes you really appreciate veggies, you will probably lose weight, it will probably inspire you to grow your own food, honestly tastier dishes than most shit people make with meat
Cons: damn near everything ready to eat has meat in it, meat eaters will get upset with you, makes going out to eat hard unless you're in or near a major city

I want to pet and snuggle that baby cow:}

if more people were vegetarian then we would have less cute cows like this

if you really care about animals eat well sourced meat and support wildlife rescues

Go Vegan, not Vegetarian

Pros:
>It's how Human's were meant to eat. Anyone else that would tell you different is a weak minded cuck, literally no reason to eat animal products other than the taste (the taste is shit).

>Ethics. If you become Vegan for animals, you are a fucking faggot and should probably kill yourself, nice meme.

Cons:
Nobody likes you, other than other Vegans. People who identify as human beings as "Vegan" are shit, don't talk to them unless they have something valuable to offer to you.
That's it.

The conditions of the slaughterhouses are often very horrible though, and sometimes in other societies they don't die so painlessly. I try to only eat free range poultry and very rarely eat red meat because of this. I love animals more than humans. Humans are fucked, yet many animals live in peaceful harmony only reproducing and eating.

Don't "become" anything when it comes to your diet. you are an omnivore, honor your biology. simply eat with these guidelines in mind:
eat when you are hungry
stop when you are no longer hungry
try to eat regular meals at regular hours
try to keep overall fat below 40% of caloric intake
eat a wide range of foods for maximum nutritional benefit
eat lower on the food chain when possible and desirable: big animals/carnivorous fishes are highest, small animals/fishes are in middle, plants are lowest
try to use foods that are less resource intensive, if you can research it
increase your intake of plant based foods
eat whole foods, not processed foods, when possible
reduce intake of white sugar and white flour, and other milled grains like white rice. use whole grains and get sugar from fruit
stop eating high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated vegetable oil
stop eating polyunsaturated vegetable oil (corn, canola), switch to mono unsaturated

Aww... that cow is so tasty!
fixed that for you

more:
saturated fats like butter, coconut are ok
try to eat free range, organic, sustainable or ethically harvested foods
try to eat seasonal, and local
prepare your own meals, eat out less
love food