ITT: weird food-related habits that you have

ITT: weird food-related habits that you have

when i eat soup, sometimes i imagine i'm a prisoner at a concentration camp

yeah that is weird dude

I do that sometimes

doubt anyone can top that dude

I always get drunk while I cook stews or chili.

When I eat fried rice, I like to eat the vegetables first starting with whatever non-aromatics I used, then the aromatics, then the meat and eggs, then save the rice for last.

>never drink the bottom quarter of large drink containers
>store candy in the freezer overnight before eating
>used to discard mcnugget skins and just eat the inside
>appetite occasionally reverts to toddler mode

you're just savoring it

eating food straight out of the fridge cold is my shit, especially plain grains

are you autistic?

Eating food and enjoying it.

>are you autistic?

Nah, just saving the best for last.

I mix mayonnaise and barbecue sauce together, it tastes really good

I refuse to eat any kind of spicy food without drinking alcohol alongside it.

but the holocaust didn't happen tho

please tell me you do that in front of company

I want stories

i don't actively pretend that i'm a starving prisoner randomly in front of people when i'm eating. i'm not autistic

when i'm alone though i'll imagine that i'm starving and savoring the soup so much. i'll kind of hunker down and take big slurps of soup, making sure i drink the last drops dramatically from the side of the bowl

That's why he pretends dummy. Duh.

When i eat poptarts i pretend its lembas bread and i have a long days march ahead of hunting orcs

When I'm microwaving something, I'll keep track of the time left in my head. Then I'll go to another room and pretend I'm trying to find and defuse a bomb before it's too late. I try to make my way back to the microwave with only 1 second left, that way it's more dramatic.

Also, every time I go running, I pretend there's a timer and that I have to make it back home in ten seconds or so, or else a blast of flames from an explosion will engulf me. I then walk through the door in slow motion.

I did this so often that I had to come clean to my wife on what I was doing. She though I was coming through the door slowly because I wanted to be sneaky/ unfaithful.

Stupid bitch.

When I eat Manwich I sing King of the Road by Roger Miller

> this person is married

I feel you OP. I rarely eat soup but when I do, it just gives me that poverty feel, the good kind of poverty where you're just barely making it financially but it all melts away when you get something good to eat.

>combining multiple ingredients into one delicious mess
>eating each ingredient separate
why?

>>used to discard mcnugget skins and just eat the inside
what the fuck?

>When i eat poptarts i pretend its lembas bread and i have a long days march ahead of hunting orcs
well, i have a new food habit

saved

I have to count down the microwave seconds too, but only because the screen is broken.

I only eat sausages cold, so I'll spend 10 minutes cooking them, only to put them straight in the fridge for another 3 hours before they're cold enough.

When I make toast I butter the bread before putting it in the toaster(this kills the toaster btw).

Only eat the legs from KFC, if it's a wing it gets binned/eaten by someone else.

Whenever I cook shit in the oven I bring a beanbag into the kitchen and lie down next to the oven to watch it cook.

I yell and get violent if anyone enters the kitchen while I'm cooking.

I do that with chili.

Probably because of the spongebob episode

We would get along swimmingly.

Easy to imagine what this encourages

>Probably because of the spongebob episode
I can't remember an episode like this, so I'm presuming you're

Since i'm on a kitchen nightmares/hotel hell marathon i now inspect my food like chef ramsay before eating and swear in british after my first bite, i also eat burgers with a fork

Its the one with mrs puff in prison for a few minutes i think definitely not a newer episode

Dude, what?

I do this to. More because i hate the sound of the microwave though

nice

when i get to the last three or four bites of a sandwich/burger, i often pick it apart and eat all the layers separately

there is nothing better than making a huge pan of rice&beans with bacon or a massive scrambled egg with ham and eating it out of the pan like a champ.

I believe you and I think that is very weird.

I do that and imagine myself out on the trail, driving cattle.

I have to eat citrus after drinking coffee

I don't know when i developed this but I've been doing it forever

I treat all dry and storable foods as if I'm an animal collecting food for winter. When muesli is sold at a discount, I buy loads, sort them by individual grains, seeds, nuts and dried fruit and store the boxes on secret locations around my flat. If I want muesli I collect a small handful from each box, carefully so nobody sees my secres hidey places, and combine them in a bowl.

Interesting. Very interesting.

I'm sure you know it is not about food but an obsessive compulsive disorder.

:(

Sometimes I make a sandwich, cut the crusts off and if they're not all the perfectly same size I eat the crusts and toss the sandwich in the trash.
Actually did it yesterday with a salami, Swiss cheese and pickle sandwich which is currently attracting flies for some dumb reason. I was damn close to but my knife skills are improve.

This is an invented tale.

What is it with modern americans equating soup with poverty?

Loads of cultures do this. It's easuer to stretch a liquid meal than anything else.

This is not all that weird but I'm sure most of the other alpha males on Veeky Forums can relate.

1. Doing something on PC
2. Microwave food, put hot food near PC
3. Continue doing stuff on PC
4. Forgot about the food, it got cold already
5. Microwave food again
6. Put hot food nearby
7. Get on PC again
8. Forget about food again
9. Microwave it again
10. Put it nearby again
11. Continue work again
12. Forget about food again

I'm sure this happens to all of you right?

It's not modern. It has been that way since before the revolution. Soup is a thin food staple. It is indicative of poverty. A weak broth coupled with whatever you can muster food wise is an icon of deprivation.

I've become proficient at one hand typing by eating my fries/burger with one hand.
Also considering one of pic related.

but how is the guy in the pic gonna eat fries with it

Eat them in the car on the way home while they're hot and fresh?

That guy is a fucking pleb, don't mimic him.

The correct way is to put the fries inside of your burger.

I sorta want to fuck you right user

I do this with porridge/ oatmeal / congee

Gonna start doing it with soup too

when my family had slimy or gooey food which was served with a ladle, like mashed potatoes, lasagna or beans. My siblings and me always used to act like we're in a prison and one of us served the food with a disgusting splat on the plate, like they do in most prison movies. my mom hated it so much.

good times.

Me too OP, except I imagine being in a North Korean camp. Especially if it's something with corn

Like said, savoring. The rice is the star of the show after all.

When I eat, I like to read recipes or generally food related stuff in the meantime. Am I the only one? My friends think Im a freak.

hahaha sometimes when i eat donuts i eat them from the hole to the outside hahaha

/damaged/

I like to pick things apart like pizza; I like to eat the pepperoni first, then the cheese, then pick out bite size chunks in the crust for example. I also really hate biting into anything because I don't like getting my front teeth dirty.

>frozen candy

I love freezing any type of chocolate. Especially frozen Hershey's or Reecies

Watery soup is poor people food. A thick and rich one is richer people food.

How? How does your mouth work to bite the inside first?

I did these as a kid a lot and sometimes will if I'm alone and eating pretzels where I'll break them up and eat them out of my hand pretending I'm a horse. I don't even like horses.

If I'm eating some long noodles I'll hold one end of it, swallow it and pull it back out of my throat.

I can't cook a leg roast or ribs(goat, lamb, deer, etc) and have friends over since we end up getting wasted, having a campfire and pretending we're cavemen. We got so into it we ended up having some D&D sessions on it.

I disassemble my food instead of tearing or cutting.

A drumstick, a thigh, fruit , stalk, unless it's a solid and uniform food, I break it down, debone separate.

I always eat the parts in the same order.

I try not to do it in public.

>when i eat soup, sometimes i imagine i'm a prisoner at a concentration camp

You're fucking tapped m8

>Whenever I cook shit in the oven I bring a beanbag into the kitchen and lie down next to the oven to watch it cook.
God, that sounds so good.

Cute

when i eat with chopsticks, I imagine pei mae or however you spell his name from kill bill is there saying that if you cant use chopsticks you have to eat off the floor like a dog, and then i think i would say to him, what if you have missing fingers or hand, or have a disability like downs syndrome, or if you have arthritis? I like to imagine he says, well I suppose there are exceptions, and then i feel smug.

Not really a weird eating habit, but my dad growing up was one of those nutjobs that was always preparing for ww3. He was in the army and worked for the government his entire life during the cold war and was constantly stocking up on dried foods, canned stuff, water powdered milk, MREs, guns, ammo, etc. When he retired when I was 16, first thing our family did was sell our house in Georgetown and Florida and buy a huge plot of land in the country. He started a huge garden, dug half a dozen wells got some chickens, started canning like mad and basically fortifying the house for "the war".

As a consequence of that, I impulsively hoard. I could likely live on what I have in the house for 8-10 months easy. I know that in the event of a nuclear war if I'm lucky I'll die instantly, but that but is always in the back of my head. Also, my dad nags to no end everytime he visits and is constantly pushing jerky, canned whatever and dry goods constantly. He's undoubted got some disorder, but beyond that he's completely normal.

Holy shit, I'm not alone

When I was little like younger than 6, I would chew up a shit ton of saltines and spat out the wad of now creamed crackers onto this green toy bucket I had.(the bottom of the bucket facing up). And let it sit for a minute or two and then get two nee saltines and put the wad in between them and make a sandwich since by then the chewed up crackers would be sorta sweet. Then I'd eat it.

That's because of the amylase in saliva is used to help digest the starch and turn it into sugars. Our biology teacher in HS would do this and it was fucking disgusting

My laptop fan exerts so much heat, it's kept food at 167 for twenty minutes. I didnt eat it, cause that shit ain't right, but still pretty neat.

I've checked the insides and the laptop is still ok.

When I eat steak, chops, ribs or other cuts of meat that have large bits of fat I cut them off and save them for last, so tasty.

I also do the same thing with the skin on fried chicken.

>tfw no tinfoil dad
Treasure what you have, dude. Semi-functionable crazy is the best crazy.

when im in public eating soup i slurp the broth quickly while looking around i dont realize im doing it most of the time i just like watching people an slurping broth

bullshit. take a picture.

I stocked up on powdered water but then it hit me - what do I add?

Whenever I eat powdered donuts I make sure to chew it all the way through and get as much of the powder moist since I have a phobia of breathing in heavy amounts of dust/macroscopic particulates in the air. Often times I'll simply chew up the donut and take a quick sip of money on to make sure it all goes down and no stray powder gets into my lungs.

Fuck you, PSAs on lead paint chips and asbestos.

>Often times I'll simply chew up the donut and take a quick sip of money on

Wat?

I have to read something or have someone talk to me when I eat or else I get SO FUCKING BORED

my friends and family think it's weird as fuck, and my brother has said literally the opposite, that he can't read while he eats or he doesn't enjoy the meal. I don't know what it is, I love to eat I just want to kill myself if I'm not having a conversation or reading something. I'll fucking read nutrition facts if I have to.

I meant milk. This is what you get when you have a phone with autocorrect.

I sort of do this too. Pretty much every book I own has sauce stains on their pages. The F5 key always seems to have a bit of food bits around it. When I go out to a restaurant I have them leave the menu after I order so I can read it. I'll use a newspaper spread out as a place mat and move my plate/bowl around as I read articles.

Yup, I'm an English major and spend most of my homework time, which is just reading, while I'm eating a meal. I just have to do something while I eat

Do you go out of way to bring food in as a theme and topic in your writing? I was a history and anthropology major and would do this when writing a research paper.

Wait, what? Are there people who just sit and eat the food during a meal? No reading/watching tv/browsing the internet/talking? What the fuck.

If I'm eating spicy food, I like to read about spicy food or watch food shows with spicy food challenges at the same time.

Dude, you're the odd one out. I'm not saying that what you're doing is wrong but some people aren't anxious little kids who need to be distracted to enjoy their food.

Some people genuinely enjoy the act of eating, as in, the ritualistic act if preparing a meal and sitting down for the sole purpose of eating and enjoying the meal by concentrating on just that.

>I always get drunk while I cook
This

me too :-)

Do you live in PNW? This is hilarious.

If you had a disability why would he have agreed to train you?

literally an aioli

Whenever I am eating something I don't like I pretend like I am survivor-man eating something disgusting but necessary

When I eat chicken nuggets i eat off all the breading first and pretend I'm eating all the skin off an animal.

I read the wikipedia page of what I am eating or drinking, or if I've already read it a few times I'll switch to a single component such as the type of cheese or whatever.

lmfao

Not that guy but I often do this too.