Fml

shiver me timbers m80s, crack a brewskie and let us /food & cooking/ together!

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along,
bake-along, drink-along, pickling-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread, feel free to spam your own cook-along thread here too

last thread >we grocery money now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnWszh9JYFk
lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/18239/chilli-beef-lettuce-wraps
youtube.com/watch?v=XwUjSl1xBTQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>linking your last thread

you're a fucking self forced meme

sage

#rrekt##

i will include trigger warnings next time, my 'pologies

so i acquired a new piece of cast iron from a family member, might strip it and reseason cuz it looks a bit scraped up, hoping it aint too annoying to clean

also copped this soda gonna give it a try while i do a few dishes

>BFFs

nobody cares

I do. You sad fuck.

keep posting, fuck the haters, OP

>finally bothering with his thread now you feel sorry for him

enjoy your sympathy posts OP

No, that's your existence you're thinking of

Remove the cat from food.

Thanks!

dont humor him m8s hes had a rough week too im sure

so a little tuesday morning surf and turf is bout to happen, got this salt and peppered gonna let it sit for a spell

also i mean no disrespect to the people that love this irn bru, its decent but its basically orange flavored big red, id buy it occasionally if it wasnt at specialty soda prices

in for comfy thread
i cooked tacos for lunch a few hours ago
will post pics when i go back for my dinner portion.
also drunk AF looking after a family members two puppers.
very comfy

Irn Bru is the best hangover drink ever though. Nothing else comes close.

>all these fast food/is X a meme/frogposting/etc threads
>virtually no actual cooking
>you come in and try to shit up one of the few threads with actual food being cooked and genuine OC

It's like you want this place to be nothing but Jack and McChickens

cooking with xanax

Tacos as promised

>hardshell

out you go

Parents sent me and the lady a nice new slow cooker I've been using the shit out of. Today I try something crazy -- I'm gonna make vegetable soup and a roast in it AT THE SAME TIME.

Going to the farmer's market (NC has a state-owned farmer's market that is open year round and cheap as fuck) to pick up a few ingredients (ran through my onions and carrots yesterday).

Gonna rub the roast real good like and let it soak in some wine for a few hours while the soup gets going.

now post a picture of you trying to eat those crunch shells without them breaking everywhere and spilling all the toppings

First time making dumplings, they turned out pretty ok. Sorry for shitty filter on photos. 1/3

Folded and ready to cook.

Sauce is some sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil and sesame seeds. Next time I'll add more garlic and less ginger. All in all, they were quite good.

>not knowing how to eat hard shell tacos correctly
i made minimal mess and it was delicious.
looks breddy gud.

>tacos

No. Some tasty filling in a modified plain doritos chip cup.

r u an alcohol op

What's it taste like? It looks like it tastes like orange soda but what do I know

>also drunk AF looking after a family members two puppers
livin the life m8 would do that for a living if possible

id get it more if it wasnt $3 per 16 oz

pay them no mind friend not worth the effort

i dont mess with pharms and stuff

pay no mind to the nay sayers m8, homemade tex mex has its place, id slather those in sour cream or some good guac, looks dank, i plan to do some tex mex eventually with homemade hard shells

slow cookers are boss so many possibilities, i plan to get a bigger one with a timer soon

those look so good i dont think i could pull this off

i am not str8 edge for sure but I do not believe i am a drunkard, I like to have drinks when i cook, patti has a problem tho weere working on it

im notorious for letting cucu's turn to mush so i made a quick salad with a leftover one...then the power went out and i just goofed around cleaning my patio for like an hour, its back on now so happening

Difficult to describe, it has a kind of orangy taste I guess but not really. It tastes like it's own thing. I load up on pint cans of the stuff for 99p

midget sprouts need love too

also got some leftover pancetta to throw in, cannot fuck that u

youtube.com/watch?v=vnWszh9JYFk

sides prepped

user I know you're not a qt asian but this brings you close enough

>please move in with me and make me dumplings every weekend
>I fucking love dumplings

but srsly those look rly tasty
do have any specific suggestions on making the dough or would any google-able recipe do the trick?

ever since I came back from China I've had the impression that it takes years and years of practice to make cute chinese dumplings, I don't even know why desufamalam

steam, sautee in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, serve with a little balsamic syrup and burrata and toasted bagette for dipping

you get irn bru in the states.....crazy import

recipe dude?

man youve gotta stop with these giga pixel photos...........i love your threads, but my shitty connection cant handle these pics

its not orange....its coloured orange
the taste is hard to put your finger on tho...i havent had it in yonks

take a dab faggit

how do you clean and season a cast iron pan.?.........these things intimidate me

lots of soap

>Wipe it, salt it, heat it, wipe it, oil it, heat it, wipe it.
If you have problems with the above then the kitchen is a far too advanced environment for you.

Thank you, I haven't heard such kind words in some time. I bought the pastry at asian store nearby, they had it in frozen section. So, no mastercraft skills here from my side, sadly. The recipe is pretty simple, here's the list of ingredients:
400 g pork mince
scallions, finelly chopped
ginger, finely chopped
garlic, finely chopped
soy sauce
white wine vinegar
sesame seed oil
corn starch/corn flour
baking soda
pepper/salt
whatever oil you like to fry on

Mix pork mince, garlic, scallions, ginger in a bowl, add a dash of soy sauce, vinegar and sesame seed oil, add salt/pepper, add a pinch of baking soda/corn flour, mix well. Put about a tablespoon of filling on pastry, wet the edges with water and fold into little dumplings, set aside. Once finished with the filling, heat up a pan on medium, put some oil in it, fry the bottom of the dumplings till brown. Add some water, cover the pan to steam the dumplings. Steam them for about 4-5 mins. Wala.
Sauce is just a mix of sesame seed oil/soy sauce/vinegar/sugar/sesame seeds. Just add a splash of each, taste it and adjust to your likeness.

>not an alcohol
>buys small bottles of hard liquor

You buy the small one to keep you from killing a fifth even though buying larger bottles of liqour is much much more cost effective. It's OK op I do the same.

t. former raging alcohol now a much milder alcohol

sounds like it would be good in lettuce wraps but that's just because I am lazy

Try it, post results,this board needs more cooking.

Dumplings user here, I mase some Chaczapuri and Ajapsandali some time ago, classic Georgian dishes. None of the markets around had Georgian wine so I bought some German, can't remember the name. Al/ck/ here, sadly.

Gordon Ramsay has a brilliant recipe spicy mince lettuce cups using pork and beef mince. Wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone

lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/18239/chilli-beef-lettuce-wraps

Made some demi glace, took like 22hrs. It's rainy as fuck out so I think I'm going to dilute some of it and make some beef stoo after I get blitzed on tall boys.

Are you Georgian? Must admit that the only thing I know about Georgia is that Georgi Kinkladze was a great player.

I'm not, I just love simple food and I wanted to try Georgian.

How was your Spooky Day, OP?

>rinse with hot water
>heat it up on the stove so the water evaporates
>rub it lightly with veg oil after it cools
>heat it up again so the new oil doesn't go rancid

It's more involved than any other cookware but once you get used to doing these steps it's worth it in the long run.

Need some input. About to experiment tonight.

I've got:
>bone-in chicken thighs
>onion/celery/carrot/bell pepper/garlic
>soy sauce
>sesame oil
>beef and chicken stock
>basmati rice

I'm thinking I'm going to do the following:
>sear thighs, set aside
>carmelize the shit out of the onions
>saute carrot, peppers, garlic in pan
>deglaze with chicken stock, add all ingredients
>into oven covered for 30 minutes at 350F
>season with ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chili flakes
>serve over rice

Does that sound like it'll work? Anything too much? Anything else that would be absolutely necessary to make it work?

Will deliver pics tonight.

Looks good.

I made 'em once and it was entirely too much work.

Next time I'll get some friends first and make it a social event.

Gotta work on the whole "no friends" thing to pull it off, though.

Damn, son, you really love your brussel sprouts. That's like 3/7 meals for you.

>demi glace
This is one thing that I will never ever do.

I like to think that I put in a solid effort in my cooking, much moreso than 90% of people.

But I like to pick my battles and this seems like an inordinate amount of work for the return.

I've been able to make beautifully rich shiny beef sauces with drippings, wine, and butter. I suppose I'll never get to that level of complexity, though.

I'd put the ginger and even the soy sauce+sesame oil + red chili flakes before the oven bake

instead of oven bake you can also just make everything in the same pan you made the veggies, you'd likely get more of them juices in everything; at least that's what I do because I'm lazy and oven=2muchwork4me

I'm saying this because it sounds like you want to make a kind of stew, and they are best when everything is cooked together and mixes with everything

oh and it's worth marinating the chicken (if possible) even for half an hour before frying them
mix some soy sauce with sesame oil in a bowl in which you'd leave the chicken to marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge, even that short of a time makes a biggish difference

It was a lot of work, folding them, but then I listen to music and talk to friends/family on skype when I cook.
>chicken thighs
Do it, I love chicken thighs, they are so overlooked in my opinion and it's great meat. Make sure to fry the skin really good, if you have them with skin obviously, shitload of flavour in it.
Pic unrelated, Gordon Ramsay's pork chops with peppers.

it is irn bru
i dont even know what else it tastes like
thankyou friendo
hard shells have their place
good romaine bed, filling on top
delicious
you are welcome. the praise is deserved.
ill modify this recipe for my dietary requirements :^)

Yeah, so I forgot to mention, I'll be using a dutch oven to do all the sauteing and searing, and it'll all go back in that one pot that will finish in the oven to cook the chicken through while simmering.

I'll definitely marinate the chicken, I'll start that now. Good idea.

Yep, skin on, going to hopefully get a nice dark brown on 'em.

>it is irn bru
>i dont even know what else it tastes like
I know what it IS but I'm in Murica and I've only heard it talked about. It's okay if no one can explain it though

good then
the mix gets mad profits if you bake it with the gingner and at least some of the sesame oil

you could leave the soy sauce and red chili at the end because you might want to adjust that prior to serving, I guess

you'd better post pics of the result if the thread's still alive nigga

That cat looks very fresh! It looks like it was just picked from the cat orchard!

Also looks like my cat

>I posted in kotbro thread and didn't even pay my respects to Patti aka SmugKot aka TheJudge aka kotbro kot
my apologies

>you'd better post pics of the result if the thread's still alive nigga
Will do.

These threads last for a couple of days usually. Veeky Forums is a nice, slow board.

We marinatin', y'all.

By the way, OP, I know you're in Houston with me.

Go find Southern Star Winter Warmer at your nearby HEB.

This is one of the best seasonal beers I've had in a while, nice and malty with coffee/chocolatey and creaminess.

sounds good i am going to do some lazy shit tho

i found a british section at h-e-b, also got some of these heinz beans that i hear so much about

trips has spoken yessir

a normal cleaning i do pretty much what others say, im going to strip the rest of this factory season off with steel wool though, then ill reseason by coating the entire pan in some kind of fat and popping it in a 500 degree oven for like 15 minutes, then ill cook fatty things on it till it looks right

you are kind of right, I only feel like hard liquor occasionally though and just grab a little bottle sometimes, yeah i dont need to be drinking big bottles often so i just dont buy them

never see those 24 oz around here

went grocery shopping and worked, nothing special, i will be buying some discount candy soon tho

sprouts are my life son, also no idea if that will work but i will be monitoring

ya m8 i am very unpredictable with my choice in tortilla gotta keep em on their toes

m8 im telling you from an american POV, it taste like an orange version of big red or a funny tasting orange cream/dreamsicle soda, its decent but its still just soda, i was a bit overhyped desu

:)

will def go look for it i like coffee beer thx, ive been to southern star brewery once out in conroe area

fuck

meat was in the range i was aiming for im not too picky, was very tender i was a bit prude with the salt tho

youtube.com/watch?v=XwUjSl1xBTQ

also this

i really wish i had time for a nap:(

Nice!

eh, its worth it I guess its like condensed beef stock that you can dilute so it takes up less space. It's not really that much work

>roast bones and veggies
>add water
>get drunk and forget about it on a low flame

wala

no 24oz at all or just pabst? I'm in socal, local gas station has a mix and match deal on all 24 and 25oz cans 3 for $3

Fall weather hasn't hit us yet so I'm not at maximum comfy, but fuck it I feel like indulging so bacon-wrapped pork loin for dinner tonight

do you have enough for the rest of the class?

That's not a demi glace.

Forgot to mention, I used lemon pepper for the loin before wrapping it. Now comes the sauce, a tablespoon each of dijon, plain yellow mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
Hell no keep your grubby mitts off my pork

Got it good and saucy, went back in the oven on a low broil.

And final product with oven roasted root veggies

reduced until thick and completely solid after chillex

Hey, your cat looks a lot like mine, OP.

I made jambalaya tonight. Vegetables attached.

That's not a demi glace.

Chicken and andouille, salt, pepper, and chili powder.

Toasting in the tomato paste

Rice, diced tomato, and chicken broth

Added shrimp after the rice was mostly cooked, left on a few more minutes

Served with bourbon

Looks awful from the picture but probably tastes great.

You're still posting 2.5MB pics
Get a free app that resizes them

Or just kys

Yeah it looks terrible but tastes fantastic. I guess if I wanted it to look good I could delicately put it on a platter and garnish it with parsley.

King Harvest has surely come.

Looks great. Brussels sprouts, and is that chicken and gravy? What's the long green bit toward the bottom?

Pulled pork. The long part is the stalk portion of a fennel bulb, roasted it with the sprouts.

I'd eat the fuck out of that.

Good stuff, user.

t. East Texan

(chicken thighs aforementioned coming soon)

Okay, friends, let's talk about aesthetic food and how I have none of it.

However, I do have delicious food.

OBSERVE!

Thighs marinated in dark soy, letting 'em dry a bit. A paper towel was involved for sear action.

1/?

Pay no attention to the ingredients

PREP

2/?

Thighs thoroughly seared, skin side down

They'll rest a while while I do other things.

3/?

#carrotlivesmatter

4/?

Oh baby

Except for this carrot.

Fuckijng weirdo, it's life did not matter one bit.

Except a little, because I used it.

Whatever.

5/?

I'm pretty dick ass drunk

I like to pretend that this bar key is vladimir lenin except fat

it's the founder of coca cola

same thing

6/?

Onions are getting there

I wanted 'em pretty reduced down, not as a physical ingredient, but a part of the sauce

Added everything in once these really turned dark brown