What's your biggest emotional food trigger?

What's your biggest emotional food trigger?

For me, it's seeing a cook's reaction to his food being thrown away or rejected.

Something about the combination of a precious resource being wasted and the fact that a dish has a man's heart and soul poured into it gets to me...

Pic related. I know people like to shit on him, but I literally feel sadder than the actual chef when I stare at the scene.

Ramsay Was Wrong

'he 'Go 'Za 'ked 'lish

>precious resource being wasted
nigga, he asked Ramsey to come fix his shitty restaurant before it goes into bankruptcy. This was suppose to be the thin crust pizza, only delusional cucks believe thats how the pizza is suppose to come out as.

Continuing with One Piece, where they really appreciate the value of food.

I had an experience in Germany where I was served a meal so repulsive I didn't touch it. It was an expensive seafood restaurant and they served a salmon that smelled off and had been fried in rancid oil. The chef was very offended by my actions, which surprised me because I was sure someone who served that kind of meal to a customer had stopped caring a long time ago.

Look at the man's face.
Imagine what he is thinking.

"I am so proud of this pizza! I love sharing my perfect style with my customers. Why does Mr. Ramsay hate it??"

More One Piece

This is the other side of the coin.
Some fucking assholes have no business owning a restaurant.

Imagine a poor person spending his hard-earned money for something special, only to be served that kind of half-assed shit. So many idiots have absolutely passion for their jobs, and have no business working in a place that feeds people's souls.

Why?

similar: when theres one dish at a potluck thats barely or not touched at all

It happened a few times when I was a kid at parties my parents threw for their friends and I always felt so bad for the person who brought that dish so I made sure to eat some

You are an amazing human being.

When I hear someone complain to waitstaff and I can tell just by looking at a distance their food is cooked perfectly. Doubly so if they laugh about it or say to their guests they're just trying to get the meal comped. Never worked in a restaraunt, but it still makes my blood boil.

A big trigger for me are feeders, like this girl who started making heavy desserts at midnight and demanded that everyone ate it at 00.30-01.00 when people were just chilling. She did it very intensely, like she would be offended if we turned her down. The food was shit and had enough calories for a hibernating polar bear. Another is a friend's mom who has three obese daughters and is rail thin herself. She makes loads of calorie dense junk food and basically forces them to eat or else they don't love her. Creepy as hell.

That latest chapter, though.

That's pretty disturbing too.

I wonder if it has to do with projecting their own insecurities.

Either guilt of having to eat by themselves and becoming fat, or trying to feel more fulfilled by feeding their offspring foods that they never got to enjoy themselves.

This guy can't use other sentence types? It reads like I'm looking at a fucking shopping list.

The world needs more people like you.

To me these kind of people always sound like nut jobs with no empathy whatsoever and they definitely have no business having kids.

And they always raise a racket too at the slightest hint of criticism, even if it's seriously hurting their kids. Like I said, nut jobs.

I never really cared about that as a kid but as an adult I usually at least take a scoop of everything.

That said there was a potluck that certain dishes were designated to people to ensure that 4 people didn't bring potato salad, again. And yet multiple people insisted on bringing potato salad.

I do the same. Most of thr time it tastes good and everyone is just scared of trying new things. Or its veggies.

>When you look over at a table near yours and theyre just staring at each other

Always made me feel sad. Used to be a waiter and we had this old couple as steady regulars all the time. Never talked to each other, ate in silence, tipped well and then left. They preferred me because i left them alone and let them eat without trying to force them into conversation. However one day he came in alone. His wife had died and he didnt know what else to do on a tuesday. He sat alone. He ate alone. After he paid he startee silently crying, thanked me for my time, then left. Never saw him again. Feels hit me super hard even now. To sit and never speak at dinner out of choice and then never being able to ever again... man

Yeah, plus he'll never get to slurp her sweet pusspuss juice again.

was the soup acttually bad

Cool pic. Makes me want to watch that movie again.

When you're that age you no longer need lube. You slather poli-grip on it.

Of course, if a chef is confident in his abilities regardless of how good his cooking skills are and is torn to learn that his food is shit, you can't help but feel bad. Its like telling a small disabled child that Santa is not real.

On the other hand, if you're doing it with the intention of helping him improve, it's for the best.

*cringed

No they all loved it they were tricking him as they did not want him to get complacent in his cooking.

Would you look at this comedian over here.

>when theres one dish at a potluck thats barely or not touched at all

I feel bad for those people most of the time as well. Especially when they put in a lot of work into a dish and it is not technically bad - but more so a matter of prevailing tastes.

They were trying to trick him into leaving.

Fuckin got me lmao