/alcoholism/

Just woke up

time to drink the the half empty bottle from yesterday

>grew up in the city with a friend
>both tried beers at 14
>my family moved to the countryside where I was sheltered from a lot
>he wasn't
>I never developed a taste for alcohol, only drink it when I go out to party/have a cocktail when out for dinner
>hate the thought of sitting drinking alone/without reason
>narrowly escaped the cringeworthy future of alcoholism

Feels close, man

A non-alcoholic would propably say; the half full bottle.

What? I don't understand why you feel you narrowly escaped alcoholism, your experiences with alcohol seem super average

Are weedlmaofags welcome here ? Had to choose between two poisons.

DUDE!

WEED!

Alcoholics are pathetic as fuck lmao

At least we're not vegans though. That would be super sad

>tfw recovering alcoholic
Havent had a drink in over 8 months
Feels pretty good desu

weed is the only reason i'm not drinking 18 beers a day.

congrats. i've trimmed it to roughly 4-6 beers per day, having difficulty drinking any less.

I quit alcohol for a two years, now I have one beer here and there when I go out. I was using it to come down off some stimulants I was abusing.

fuck you
im an alcoholic vegan
and i am super sad.

alcohol + stims = heaven

i've sadly been getting back into opiates. it's slippy on the edge!

Why do you guys drink beer? I find it kinda pointless, I'd rather just drink vodka if I'm trying to get drunk

Beer forces me to take it slower and sometimes makes me feel like such shit I can't be bothered with my whiskey.

Beer is fairly unpleasant to me while sober. It's the only reason why I this is the first two days in months I haven't been wasted.

I'm drink too much.

Yeah I don't get it. being hooked on opiates I understand, but not fucking alcohol.

Just curious, do you work or keep some sort of job? Even during and after college (before finding my first job) I just could not do morning drinking at all. Strictly night for me. Not that I'm smart about it as every night for months upon months for long stretches of years is something I consider foolish but can't seem to get away from anyway. I've found my absolute quantity for feeling great and still being able to wake up ok at 7am to be a 375ml bottle of liquor. Its just right although depending on timing I sometimes wake up a bit too stinky and dry mouthed to where I worry if my bosses notice.

I've been addicted to both, alcohol is harder to quit. Alcoholism first starts as a mental addiction to being drunk, some same this is unique to certain people. Which is why you probably don't understand how someone can be addicted since you haven't experienced it. Additionally, when you've drank for long enough, the physical dependence is second to none.

Some say*