Onion sandwich is so good

Onion sandwich is so good

Go away attention whore.

Onion sandwiches ARE good. I like to grill the onions a bit, just so they are a little charred, but still crisp. On pumpernickel bread with a light spreading of cream cheese......delicious.

Sounds gross desu

But do you wash it down with onion-banana juice?

no, i have a light serving of onion-dorito consomme

If you like that I guarantee you will like braunschweiger sandwiches:

>Red onion
>Hot mustard
>Pickles
>Salt
>Brainschweiger
>Swiss
all between rye. shit is incredible with a beer. horseradish/pepper/sauerkraut are optional.

add some peanut butter to that bad boy best shit ever

>I like to grill the onions a bit, just so they are a little charred, but still crisp. On pumpernickel bread with a light spreading of cream cheese
hnnnnnng that sounds really good

>have a big family lunch
>couple hours pass
>sifting through the leftovers
>still salad left over
>start dipping my bread in the dressing at the bottom
>decide to just put the salad in a wrap and eat it
>tons of onions in there
>tfw I suddenly realize I like veggie sandwiches

When I was 13 or so, I was home alone and had to cook lunch for myself. So without any thinking, I grabbed a block of cheddar cheese, a white onion, and some white bread. I put a slice of bread on the george foreman grill, cut about a 1" thick piece of cheddar and put it on the bread, then onion about as thick as your pick, the other slice of bread, closed the grill and turned it on.

Ended up with somewhat burnt bread, raw onion, slightly warm cheese. Ate every bite because what else was I going to eat?

Follow up with this

One of my favorite short stories is Hemingway's Big Two-Hearted River, which describes a camper making an onion sandwich.

I've had mixed luck with them myself.

Oh I DO fucking love Braunschweiger sandwiches. Those are one of my favorites. There's a butcher in my hometown (they still call themselves a "meat locker" like they did back in the day) that makes a killer braunschweiger and liverwurst. Every time I visit home, I buy some to bring back. Their smoked sausages are incredible too. But yeah, I've been eating things like braunschweiger sandwiches and onion sandwiches my whole life.
I just bought a case of pumpernickel flour so I can bake my own this winter, because where I live now, there's not enough good pumpernickel.

Sweet onion, sliced about 1/4 - 3/8 inches thick
butter on bread
salt and pepper to taste

It all depends on the quality of the onion. lots of local sweet onions grown around here, so when they're in season it is great.

I had something similar in thailand... not sure exactly what the chef was going for. Raw sliced onions in a baguette with those crappy processed american cheese slices. I was severely hungover and just wanted something shitty but that was fucking gross, I thought the onion would be at least cooked

Pineapple/salmon is gold

>tattooed martha.jpg

>Onion sandwich

do americans really eat this?

>onions

Pineapple in burgers is the top shit.

Only on the 4th of July. We shotgun bud lites, shoot bottle rockets at each other, kill a few nigs and of course enjoy an onion sandwich with extra mayo.

your avatar reference has been gotten

>being THIS fuckin inept at age *13*
Web lad

My grandma grew up in the great depression and loved onion sandwiches because onions were the only thing she had to put on sandwiches