Who here /persimmon/?

Who here /persimmon/?

I do

What happened with the user that was drying some out in their kitchen

I just impulse-bought one from my grocer's 'exotic fruit' section a couple days ago. Still waiting on it to fully ripen.

just did, they're in season and they grow so many of them where i live. been making everything with them recently, salads, salsas, jams.

sadly its too dry here atm

Definitely not whoever took that picture.

>fancy tomatoes

Yes only had the fresh/hard ones tho never dried ones. Not sure if the soft ones just different variety

yes

Do I eat it like an apple or what?

I heard they taste like cum

Reporting senpai.
Couple of trees around here that me and the neighborhood old ladies collect around.

They're fucking great.

More like a Strawberry or Grape.

The most certainly do not.

They smell awful and they have the worst texture. They're all over the road to work, it's disgusting.

What do they taste like then? Only one i've ever had was unripe and tannin-ed my mouth out of existence

It's crunchy and kind of slimy. The taste resembles honey a bit.

My persimmon niggas.
Best fruit.

just eat it.
don't let it get a hint of softness.
just fucking eat it, it'll be delicious.

unless your diet consists of nothing but cinnamon, citrus, and pineapple, your semen should not taste anything like a persimmon

No be patient. They take a long time to ripen. Find a coolish and dry place. Just wait. Once its ripe you will have slurpy goopy goodness.

But don't buy too many (a box) because they all ripen at the same moment and you will only a small window of opportunity before it rots.

I had to slurp all 24 ripe persimmons in 2 days :((((

Dried persimmon is my most favorite candy from the earth.

I've never had one, what do they taste like?

Smoky, a bit cinnamon-y, and if ripened, extremely overwhelmingly sweet.

Tastes like sandy cum if it's not perfectly ripe

See image

Like Honey-Melons?
if they are not ripe enough they can be a bit chalky.

Like honey dew melons? I have one of those here I bought last week I'll cut it up and see what it's like

How do you eat it without its astringent properties? It bothers me. I fight believe it's unripe since it tastes quite sweet otherwise.

>it tastes quite sweet otherwise.
yeah, it's still a fruit, dumbass. It's astringent because it's unripe. I don't know what else to tell you. Stop fighting believe.

How do I know when it's ripe?

It'll be somewhat soft to the touch.

Hell yeah

Ok. Thanks for the info.

If you have the astringent variety (shaped more like a Roma tomato than a regular tomato) then it needs to be quite mushy before you can eat it. It will probably have some spots on it. I don't like the astringent variety as it really isn't useful as anything other than a spread by the time it's edible.

Permissions are fucking GOAT. You can make a damn good pie with em.

Oh fuck yes. I loved eating these as a kid

You mean months and months ago?

Kek just realized that I said fight believe. I'm using google keyboard swipe typing and didn't realize I typed fight instead of don't.

Is the non-astringent category shaped like a regular tomato?

Who here bezoar?

You could have just frozen them

The non astringent variety (smaller one) is, although better soft, edible hard and isn't astringent.

The large one is only edible when really soft.

I don't have persimmon to post