I have a pound of shrimp

I have a pound of shrimp

I wanna make something delicious I have only comes with shrimp twice but I fucking love them. What are your favorite shrimp dishes?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Knorr-Menu-Flavors-Sides-Curry/dp/B00A4ASPVC
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scampi
youtube.com/watch?v=vWaW5f6JFLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fried shrimp.

Thanks for your suggestion

coat serving platter with thick layer of creme cheese, cover it with shrimp, add cocktail sauce, serve with crackers.

People think this is fancy.

That's a fookin prawn m8.

Shrimp scampi. Serve over angel hair pasta.

That's so fancy. I love shrimp cocktail too. But it's just my wife and I tonight so I'm not gonna make it too fancy lol

I fucking love scampi. I was thinking of making this tonight but wanted some more suggestions before I pull the trigger

amazon.com/Knorr-Menu-Flavors-Sides-Curry/dp/B00A4ASPVC

It's about $1-$2.
Then I use the recipe on the back.
I use boneless skinless chicken thighs seasoned with Chinese 5 spice and rubbed in olive oil, baked for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
I put the veggies in while it's still boiling (except for some of the green onion).
Once it's done, I mix in the chicken (chopped into less than 1/3 inch pieces), precooked shrimp (tailed removed, but you don't have to) and green onions etc.
I usually add a little more water if it needs it and put the lid on the pan and less it simmer, stirring a few times.
The gf likes it.
But then, she's from a bad family and would be impressed by just the chicken with a side of greens and baked potato.

Plain shrimp cocktail with your favorite alcohol.

Shrimp works well with the creole one.

Add while boiling:
>2 tablespoons of butter
>diced red/green/yellow peppers (in any combination you like, a little jalapeno can be nice)
>2x cloves of crushed garlic
>half an onion (yellow/white/whatever, about the size of a baseball)

Once it's hit the time on the package, add:
>shrimp (again, I take the tails off)
>paprika, cayenne, black, white, red pepper to to taste

I'm fairly liberal with pepper/s in general because I like my food spicy.

That looks like a Prawn to me.

Scampi is not prawns (or shrimp if you are an Amerifat)

Scampi is something entirely different but I wouldn't expect you to know that!

Then what the fuck is in a shrimp scampi, bud?

In the UK Scampi is the fried, breaded tails of a small lobster thingy. I only know it by its French name of langustine, it's nothing to do with Prawns or shrimp (unless you live in America)

Oh informative. I honestly had no clue. Thanks!

I just cook 'em up in olive oil and butter with lots of garlic, and toss the whole thing with some spaghetti, parsley, and my homemade ground chili blend.

Da fuq are you on about? We're talking about fucken shrimp scampi. Its a recipe, not a separate creature.

You never read my post.
'shrimp scampi' is an American thing but it's not real scampi and it's not what they call scampi in Britain.

re-read my post

Sometimes words mean different things in different regions. STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!

Also, even in America there is no single thing called "shrimp scampi." It's multiple recipes.

I would accuse you of splitting hairs but I think you are trying to split hairs already split!

I was just saying that fried breaded 'shrimp' in Britain could not be called Scampi!

Scampi in Britain are the fried breaded tails of a Langustine, they are different animals.

I don't get why you have a problem with this?

>it's not real scampi
typical little englander

>typical little englander
What's a little Englander?

I am not English but I lived there for a year and a half, so I understand a bit. Why the hostility?

I read your post. OP is clearly asking for recipes of shrimp/prawns. Why would you think I'm telling him to go get a different fucking sea creature?

And who the fuck made you arbitrator of what is "real" whatever when he clearly understood just what I was talking about.

Your parents shouldn't have had you vaccinated.

>I read your post. OP is clearly asking for recipes of shrimp/prawns
That's good.

But you can't make scampi from them.

it's like trying to make rabbit stew with chicken.

While the United Kingdom legally defines scampi specifically as Nephrops norvegicus[citation needed], other similar lobsters are considered scampi worldwide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scampi

Holy shit autism island literally has laws defining cooking methods. Wew lad.

British scampi

'Merican shrimp scampi

My God British cuisine is utter shit.

>cites wikipedia
Why argue if you just have to refer to such a bad source?

Your opinion is worthless.

Case in point is this idiot posting wikipedia garbage that conflicts with your wikipedia garbage.

That's not how they eat it in Britain.

>I wanna make something delicious I have only comes with shrimp twice

u wot m8?

fuckin casual
i have come with shrimp at least ten times

Yea, they eat it like Looks delicious m8.

No they don't.

It's not my job to stuck up for the British but I was there for nearly two years and I bet none of you have there at all.

I was just saying how it is with scampi.

>While the United Kingdom
and not only in the U.K..

"Scampi" is an italian Word an mean "Norway Lobster" ( Nephrops norvegicus ) aka "langoustine" in french and "Kaisergranat" in german...

> The word "scampi" is often construed as that style of preparation rather than an ingredient, with that preparation being called "shrimp scampi", and with variants such as "chicken scampi".

"...chicken scampi" kek

Chinese have pretty bomb recipes for shrimps.

I'm a big sucker for garlic and soy sauce shrimp.

Other ideas :
> shrimp skewers with soy sauce, honey and spice marinade (curry, chili flakes, cumin...), sauteed in a fry pan, served with coconut rice
> shrimp noodle soup (check out malaysian recipes for these ones)

If your shrimps are fresh and uncooked, boil shrimp with ciabatta bread (slathered with salted butter, fucking yum)

Ok. But in , the post specifically described "shrimp scampi". Referring to the dish "shrimp scampi", a common shrimp dish. A pic was even included. And OP replied and understood what was meant.

You're either an absolute idiot for taking that to mean I meant fuck your shrimp and go buy a completely different sea creature, or you're so autistic that regional variation in terminology makes you sperg out.

you're a prawn

Coconut shrimp.

Coconut anything with shrimp. You can use coconut milk and make a sauce, or coconut oil and fry them, or coconut shavings in the batter, or all three.

mmmmmmmm

But the post you referred to does not contain scampi at all, it's just shrimps(or prawns)

My point is that arguing over it is fucking stupid. Yes, "scampi" means different things in different places. "Prawns" are "shrimp" here. Big fucking deal. Either talk about the thread topic, or fuck right off.

Don't you also cum shrimp?

I meant cooked* sorry

Sounds tasty. Definitely screenshot

You made a fool out of yourself.
You don't make rabbit stew with chicken and I think you have just discovered that.
Best of luck with your damage control.

Ok sperg.

>Referring to the dish "shrimp scampi", a common shrimp dish.
common in USA... not in the rest of the word, and not everybody here on Veeky Forums is american and know everything about "american Cuisine"

And...he would probably have called them prawns if he wasn't.

Shrimp scampi is an Italian-American dish made with shrimp, butter, garlic, parsley, lemon, and sometimes breadcrumbs. Often served over pasta or rice.

Ok? Understood? Or are you going to tell me that I'm wrong and this dish doesn't really exist in this dimension.

>Ok? Understood? Or are you going to tell me that I'm wrong and this dish doesn't really exist in this dimension.

can you read?

>common in USA...

sometimes i wish USA was from an other dimension desu that would explain a lot of things...

>sometimes breadcrumbs
>sometimes
So it's not real scampi then?

Like anything in America it was invented in America in [insert date here] by an immigrant from [insert country here] - regardless of the fact that it was eaten for centuries in another country beforehand?

>shrimp, butter, garlic, parsley, lemon
you mean "Gambas al Ajillo" ( Spanish) or " Gamberini Gamberi all'aglio" ( Italian) ?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Who is saying anything about discovering anything? Have you even been reading the thread?

>Like anything in America it was invented in America in [insert date here] by an immigrant from [insert country here] - regardless of the fact that it was eaten for centuries in another country beforehand?
i just say: Pizza

>Who is saying anything about discovering anything?
Just take a look at your posts from your fellow countrymen America invented pizza ?????

>America invented pizza ?????
americans will defend that till death...

I shall defend to the death america's honor in its holy, rightful and just claim to have invented everything. Kneel, yon naysayers, to your master.

Skrimps

bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with jalepeno cream cheese
fried buffalo shrimp with ranch to dip

DEUS TRUMP VEULT

kek...

shrimp quesadilla

fun fact: Escoffier define a "Potage Crecy" as a carrot Soup since the legend says that the battle of Crecy was in a carrot field...

a lot of classical french dishes are named after Battles ( Marengo, ec) , celebrities, ( Melba, etc), cities or Bible Names ...

Just shrimp.

This is fucking godlike
youtube.com/watch?v=vWaW5f6JFLI

No one care about what its called in Bongistan. If we need advice about cooking halal meat we'll ask you.

Actually making sticky ginger shrimp tonight. Quickly cook shrimp until almost done and set aside. Then take honey,ginger,garlic, and soy sauce and simmer until thick. Add shrimp heat through sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with jasmine rice.

Shrimp and grits is just as good but more time consuming.

/pol/ memes how quaint.

Instead of being a fag and arguing over what scampi is, make some fucking Étouffée.

Made this earlier today with some white wine and lemon. Such pure clean flavors.

butter, garlic, fried in a pan.

How morbidly obese are you?

>chop onion and 2 leeks, cook in butter over medium heat in a large soup pot for about 5 minutes (softened but not browned)
>add 3 large peeled and chopped potatoes, 1 and 1/2 cups stock (veg or chicken), 2 tbs chili powder and 1/4 tsp cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
>simmer until potatoes are completely softened, mash lightly and stir until stew thickens (check for taste at this point and add more chili powder if you want)
>add 8 ounces of shrimp (chopped if large), if raw cook for another 8-10 minutes or so, if cooked remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of milk

Reading this whole thread in 'English accent'

YOu've got to get that scampi going, op. It's super simple and made with only a handful of ingredients that are cheap and easy to find. It's also super quick and is sure to impress any lady visitors. Return to Veeky Forums once you've gotten sticky all over from your lady friend and give us the awful and disgusting details of the sinning. Also, tell us how the scampi was.

That's looks so good, I need to try some of that.

I made scampi, with portobello and roasted broccoli. Turned out great, I didn't follow much of a recipe and just did it my own way.

> Brown shrimp in butter with salt and pepper. Add garlic in the end, spritz with half a lime.
> Remove from pan
>Simmer portobello with salt releasing the water. Cook until soft and reserve.
> Deglaze the fond with water (didn't have chicken stock). Add more water on high heat, add salt, cook until boiling.
>Add the pasta, stirring and adding more water in needed.
> Seasoned the pasta with salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic, half lemon, dry vermouth.
> Add butter and reserved mushroom and shrimp on low heat until the butter melts, leaving a god tier sauce.
>Have sex

Oh, I forgot to mention. Thanks to everyone else for the recommendations. I've screenshotted a lot of them for future use. I just abandoned thread when everyone complained about American/British. O B S E S S E D

I like to fry them in oil with the shell intacted and using only salt.

Dumplings/gyoza
Then you can fry, deep fry, put in soup, steam them.

Or watch Forrest Gump.
Pic related.

>Fry Shrimp in Butter, oil, pepper, and your spice of choice
>Fettucini
>Garlic alfredo sauce
>Bruschetta
>Spinach
>Grated Parm

Mix it up and serve. Nice easy pasta with shrimp.

Plate of shrimp