Because of being alone and having to work all day I'm having trouble finding time for dinners beyond fast food or...

Because of being alone and having to work all day I'm having trouble finding time for dinners beyond fast food or frozen garbage
I figure slow cooker meals are the way to go to solve the problem so can anyone give me some recipe recommendations to help me out?
If I'm wrong though I'll take any easy meal advice I can get

Thanks in advance

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/10/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers.html
youtu.be/VIBYlygzL7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Slow cooker is never the answer. Make a good meal high in fat and freeze it in ziploc bags. Not "high" in fat, but with some fat content. It'll thaw well and taste like new.

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scraped off and thrown in the trash.

Slow cooking is fine, fuck you.

Pure, concentrated autism.

> wtf

10/10 I hope it's not a pasta

Of course it is. It's one of my favorites, though.

You're fucking awesome. Probably 20 and found something you can do. Slow cooking is good for people who don't know how to cook.

seriouseats.com/2016/10/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers.html

exactly. you just gave me faith in this shitty board.

>You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scraped off and thrown in the trash.

Op here, tldr

I'm 30 and a great cook. And not OP. Slow cookers and slow cooking in ovens is necessary knowledge.

If you really have no idea how they can be used well, this can help you go in the right direction:

youtu.be/VIBYlygzL7U

I'm sure you're right, slow cooking everything is Michelin level food. Who doesn't like eating vegetable mush in a soup like gruel.

How hard is it to quickly sautee some meat and veg?

When you can thermally masticate food, why bother with "cooking" stuff?

Boy, the passive aggressive tone here is surefire evidence of your superior knowledge and experience.

Raymond Blanc is a michelin star chef, you pretentious faggot.

When you shovel concrete all day you don't want to cook when you get home

Sorry, did I not just call you a dipshit bitch proper? Sorry, I'm so.. so passive.

Yeah in the future it's better to just man up on the forefront instead of when someone calls you out on it. Now you know for future altercations on anonymous cooking boards.

So don't come here for fucking advice. You're not clever enough to get good food. You might as well go to McDonalds.

The Asshole's Lament. What a great poem.

You're the Steinbeck of poverty.

Holfy fucking shit. OP asks a simple question in a polite manner (and is even open to other suggestions) and all you guys do is bicker with each other like spoiled fucking children.

Please end your existence in the most painful manner possible.

You're the Hemingway of faux self-esteem. Say more things. This is an order.

I'm trying to learn a new skill, you should try to better yourself too kid

If you're OP, watch the video I recommended to the other guy here
it has good recipes for slow cooking.

Slow cookers have their uses you stupid fucking pleb motherfucker.

making chilli , slow cooking roasts with potatoes and veggies, pulled pork etc

the people that use it for everything are idiots but there are a few things its certainly useful for.

pour your effort into pressure cooking or real cooking. Not fucking slow cooking.

create vegetable snot.

Do you have Saturday or Sunday off? Find time to roast a chicken, or bake some chicken breasts. You can cobble those into sandwiches or chop some up and put it on a salad. Get a rice cooker, perfect rice in 20 minutes. Get some frozen vegetables, 10 minutes in boiling water and they're ready to eat after adding enough butter and salt to float your boat. Get some bagged salad @ Trader Joe's. Buy a container of feta cheese. Salads are great fast dinner. Buy some French bread on the way home, heat up a can of soup and enjoy a decent dinner.

Crock Pot oatmeal is easy and delicious, 1 cup of steel cut AKA pinhead oats, 3 cups of H2O one cup of milk, set a timer to kick it off @ 10, it'll be ready by 6 in the morning, add some cinnamon and some half and half and some honey and you'll be set until lunchtime. Make some spaghetti sauce on the weekend and reheat a cup of it during the week.

Steamed vegetables like broccoli are great with rice. Stir-fry is fast and easy, some baby bok choi, some mushrooms, maybe some shrimp, some oyster sauce...

If you're really strapped for time, get a blender, some frozen berries, some orange juice and some protein powder and mix up a protein smoothie...

Peanut butter on toast is easy and filling. Buy some yogurt, those are fast little food units. Or just some bananas.

Make some ground beef into taco/burrito meat, get a cast iron griddle, use that to heat up big flour tortillas, add some shredded cheese and some taco meat, roll it up from the bottom as you tuck in the sides, voila, a burrito!

Baked potatoes are easy and you can dress them up. Bake an extra one (400F for an hour btw, poke holes in them w a fork first), let it cool, the next morning peel and chop it, fry it in butter, heat up a tortilla, cook some bacon, fry an egg, roll that up with some cheese and... breakfast burrito!

Pancakes are surprisingly easy and fast to put together. Buy real maple syrup.

Reread the op, I asked for other suggestions, feel free to suggest something

Go buy Slow Cooker Liners.
It reduces the amount you have to clean it.

im not op but thanks for the tips, i screenshotted this for myself

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssalsa
Chicken
>salsa chicken

There's literally a cooking show about meals you can make in 30 minutes or less. You can cook so much shit in 30 minutes or less. Hell all of my blue apron meals can be cooked in 30 minutes or less.

I love my slow cooker, and live off of it.
The pros are that you can start something early in the day and leave it alone all day, then return home to deliciousness.
Start simple with soups and beans (chili or just baked beans) and then graduate to meat
Here's a recipe I inherited from my mom to get you started

Smokey baked beans (need a 6 quart crock pot)

Day 1 - EVENING
Soak 3 lbs of dry beans (kidney, pinto, red, or most others work) in 4 quarts of water overnight

Day 2 - MORNING
Remove beans from water, MEASURE THE REMAINING WATER, then throw out the water (it is no longer water but fart juice)
Replace with equal amount of fresh water
2 Tablespoons salt
1 large onion (chopped)
1 lb. ham, bacon, salt pork (can use smoked ham hocks if you don't mind fishing out the bones later)
Cook on low ALL FREAKIN DAY

Day 2 - EVENING
Drain off liquid, reserving at least 2 cups, fish out the ham hocks or other meat with bone and pick meat from bones and return to pot. If you want the end result soupier, reserve more water.
With the 2+ cups of liquid you just saved, mix in
¾ Cup molasses
2 Cups Ketchup
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons dry mustard
2 Tablespoons chili powder
Mix well, cook on low ALL FREAKIN NIGHT

DAY 3 - MORNING
Its ready.

A toaster oven can cook chicken/fish in 30 min
and you can make rice in a rice cooker and defrost veggies in microwave