Ordering "chicken pho" from (one of) the preppy health food restaurants at the uni student centre

>ordering "chicken pho" from (one of) the preppy health food restaurants at the uni student centre
>broth literally tasted like chicken noodle soup
>what was i thinking

then again i'm an iced-capp-drinking-pleb from canada, so what do i know

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0miJwwprKAT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What part of the 'da?

looks good tho

honky asian food is THE WORST

lemme guess

mcmaster -> hamilton?

north york, ontario

probably the most uncaptivating area in the entire country

Nope, ain't no Saigon here my friend

>mfw I found out pho is pronounced fur
>I have been saying it wrong all this time

>Broccoli
>bell peppers
>carrots

and do I spot a piece of celery?

Fucking disgusting

>Until very recently I used to pronounce pad Thai as, "pad thigh"

So we're in this together brother

It had spinach too

And no basil or bean sprouts to speak of

I'm no expert, but I would always order the "super bowl" at the local place. It was filled with beef tripe and tendons and other normally throw-away bits that I would never eat in any other dish, but I love it.
Place was called Pho 99 because it was on Highway 99. The super bowl cost $6.99 though.

you say it how you want to, English speakers colonized their shitholes not the other way around.

ive never heard it pronounced otherwise, what is it?

Stuff like pho, gyro, pad thai, etc deserve their western name if its romanized incorrectly

I have some bad news for you

it's actually pronounced "fuh"

Learn to green text FAGGOT

vocaroo.com/i/s0miJwwprKAT

English speaking french colonized their shithole.
an american everyone.

sounds retarded my dude

I dont know if you've ever seen pho before but that's just chicken noodle soup
If there's not a lot of viet people around you probably arent gonna try anything legit
Side note, you cant trust a viet person's opinion on a restaurant's pho because they will invariably say their mom's is the best and anything else is mediocre
Just find a place that's sorta poppin and rate vs other places

Home cooking is always vastly different from restaurant food. Pretty sure that is true for all cultures. Not to mention you are more likely to have fresh ingredients in home cooking compared to restaurants. Too many videos on how nasty restaurants can be.

ordering any pho that isnt pho bò....
why do white people constantly want shit and more pricey versions of ethnic food? its almost as triggering as mainland chinese demanding mixed seafood pho

>vocaroo.com/i/s0miJwwprKAT
your pronunciation is relatively correct, just need to chill on them tones em

>it's actually pronounced "fuh"
came here to post this. i would add that its more like "fuh?", there is an inflection

If you're still around OP, there is great variation in Pho with respect to herbs & spices. The people from Northern Vietnam tend not to use much or none at all, while in the south its very herbal & lots of spice.
Couple that with the fact that many places that serve Pho to western people often 'water down' the broth to get more portions, and its not so easy to find real tasty Pho.. just depends on the area.

If you walk into a Vietnamese restaurant and see lots of white folks, thats scary. Real scary if the resturant is in a Vietnamese area.

this

what the FUCK is going on in there

you ate some really sad chicken noodle soup with a lime on it OP