Just moved to Germany, working a lot so have little time to prepare food...

Just moved to Germany, working a lot so have little time to prepare food, but every time I go out to eat anything lower than restaurant quality I get horribly constipated followed by diarrhea. So it's time to get Veeky Forums in my own kitchen for all my meals.

Can any German anons recommend good easy meals I can make with the country's basic ingredients? Maybe with a prep time of max 30 minutes?

Other urls found in this thread:

daringgourmet.com/2015/04/06/swabian-style-german-lentils-with-spaetzle-schwabische-linsen-mit-spatzle/
youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

daringgourmet.com/2015/04/06/swabian-style-german-lentils-with-spaetzle-schwabische-linsen-mit-spatzle/

Mahlzeit Kamerad!

boiled potatoes with butter and whatever sausage is on sale at Lidl or Aldi, get some spicy mustard and a BIG jar of sweet red cabbage.

Meal in 15 minutes because it's just heating things up.

Go and buy Alnatura. Seriously, not because it's bio, but because their shit is fucking goat. Especially the sauces and for example the falafel mix.
Despite that take a look at Eintopf like Gaisburger Marsch.
German cuisine really isn't that difficult to make, basically it's a slab of meat, some sauce and a side dish.
Good thing about that is that "less desireable" cuts of meat (even goddamn ribs!) are pretty cheap, so if you're a poorfag try that.
Also make (red) Rettichsalat. Lots of salt and vinegar, will smell like somebody took a liquid shit in your bowl, but it tastes godly.

>falafel mix
Fuck off Ahmet!

I wish. I actually have to work for my money.
But really, Falafel is a great fast food. Easy as fuck, quite tasty and goes with basically everything.

mjam mjam lecker essen bei die ausländers

Germany's a major EU country so the world is your fucking oyster as far as ingredients are concerned.

I've been to Germany several times. If you find where to get good bread just buy that and a bunch of things to put on it (liverwurst, pickled herring, cheese, ham). Half the meals I ate there were pretty much that, and they were great because the stuff was all good quality. Just look at what hotels offer for breakfast and go buy that stuff.

Seig heil hitler jugend

Yeah I always felt like German breakfast would be great... if only it were night and a had a glass of wine

LEBERKÄSE
E
B
E
R
K
Ä
S
E

Käsespätzle is pretty easy to make too

>Can any German anons recommend good easy meals I can make with the country's basic ingredients? Maybe with a prep time of max 30 minutes?
buy rye bread and wurst and schinken you little faggot

Some Germans I know eat pretty much the same thing at night that they do for breakfast, they just mix it up with a hot meal for lunch.

Instead of giving you an answer, I'm going to post this amusing video

youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94.

Sounds like you're really acquainted with a lot of Germans, professor.

I have been there for work six or seven times over the last few years. I'm not shitting you about the bread. Germans make some of the best bread.

German bread is a thing that I never appreciated until I left the country.

German here and I can confirm. There's a reason the word "Abendbrot" is a thing.
Bread with sweet stuff for breakfast, with some meaty toppings at evening.

clever

>I get horribly constipated followed by diarrhea.
WTF? Unless you go for 2€ Döners, almost all food in Germany should be safe to eat. How long have you been here? It can happen that your gut flora has to change because your "home" bacteria are different from the ones found on the "foreign" food, thus causing diarrhea. But normally, after a short time of misery, you should be adjusted to your new internal friends.

>Can any German anons recommend good easy meals I can make with the country's basic ingredients?
Unless you insist on ready made american junkfood or very specific "ethnic food" (not available/hard to find), HFCS (fortunately, that shit is not (yet?) a thing in Germany) or on using very german specific stuff (Eisbein maybe?) most of the stuff you find in the average supermarket is close enough to some standard "western" average you'd find all over the western world.

Just cook what you already know for starters, and then expand from there.

Another German here, currently in Leafland…
Yep. Bread with butter and sweet stuff (jam, honey, nutella) for breakfast, bread with butter and something hearty (real cheese, schinken (translates to ham, but yeah, no, that shit does not even come close), various cold cuts) for diner
This. The german word for diner is "Abendbrot", literally "evening bread"
>Germans make some of the best bread.
>German bread is a thing that I never appreciated until I left the country.
I always apreciated it, but being out of the country drives me almost mad. Fucking cannucks (and burgers too, been there too) cant make anything even resembling bread. I tried a few things labelled bread, but it always was fucking sponge with sugar. Now I just eat oatmeal for breakfast alldayerryday and I mostly switched to Abendreis, eating some microwaved rice I cooked in bulk with furikake or some sauteed onions whenever I'm not cooking for diner.

>Bread with sweet stuff for breakfast
>Bread with sweet stuff for faggots
FTFY