Why do you drink alcohol?

Why do you drink alcohol?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFSAc3E1hWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cause ur gay lol

Because life is fleeting and pointless.

because i'm an alchoholic

because I don't have any friends, will never have children, and will die completely alone

I like the taste of cider and the burn of hard liquor.

Just to spite everyone who had expectations for me.

Because it's the anesthesia of the surgery called life

this

because it helps me sleep and relax because im not comfortable with my current situation

Very depressed

Enjoy the taste and enjoy how it makes me feel, that said it was becoming a crutch and a problem so I kind of cut it down to meals and social situations(most of my friends don't drink anymore so not that often).

beer tastes good and makes most things more fun and why not

correct answers

It occasionally tastes good, but I drink only cocktails because I'm a faggot. But I do have to ask; Like those in this thread, people drink to forget and wash their cares away. I tried this. I've gotten drunk on numerous occasions with beer, vodka, whisky, various drinks but it doesn't do any of this. I still remember all my worries and I now feel like shit and sick. The feeling of being drunk is dizzy and awful. I feel like I'm missing something because it doesn't help at all nor does it feel good.

You seem young.

I started drinking wine recently and noticed I'm way better Overwatch while drunk.

I get a rush of pleasure
Then things are more fun. I'm funnier and other people are less tedious
Then most people go home and it's just me and a couple of strangers at the bar
Then the room is swimming and I puke
Then I'm doing a shit in an alley not sure how I got there . I step in my own shit
There's messages on my phone from my wife I've ignored
I check my photos and there are blurry pics of hot girls
I sleep in a bus station
I wake up at 5am and get the bus home
I tell my children and wife I stayed at a friends house. They can tell I'm rekt

Why do I drink ?

Because it tastes good or because I'm feeling like I'm worthless and should just an hero.

Because i enjoy the taste, it helps me relax and overcome my social anxiety and self consciousness, and it hasn't failed to cheer me up yet.

to dull the pain

Because my life is unsatisfying, I'm depressed all the time, have no close friends or social life and it helps me temporarily forget all this and how shitty my life is.

I drink too much because I lack will power though honestly I feel like there's nothing to look forward to or gain from abstinence any more. My life is finished and I don't see where any positive change could possibly come from at this point.

I like how it tastes. Also my and your lives are meaningless.

I want to be given the opportunity to have never existed at all. But that's not possible so I just slowly kill myself and wallow in bitterness and misery

If you have any hope or if you think there is any redeeming quality in human beings it's probably not the drug for you

Because I already bought it and what the fuck else am I supposed to do with it?

I'm 28 but like I said, I only drink cocktails and only during social events. It's the same with getting high. I just feel sick. None of this altered state people talk about.

Whiskey just feels nice

I love getting drunk

why don't women like me

I was just like that when I started with both liquor and weed. I just get dizzy and sick. You don't really start to enjoy them until you slowly build up a tolerance from using them daily and becoming addicted.

Also if you are drinking sweet cocktails that adds to the nausea in a huge way, for me at least. I can drink a 1.75 liter of cheap whiskey in a single night if I have a little caffeine with it. But a 12 pack of mikes hard lemonade will make me puke.

You know exactly why.

it's the only thing that actually works

It tastes good and make message feel good.

Feels good, man. Also legal.

Varied flavors and it makes me feel good in moderation, more and I get sad drunk and annoying hangover next day.

Tastes good
Removes anxiety
Good way to unwind after a long day
Weed is illegal

so, they just deleted a thread on pol

posting to say that yuengling is shitty Appalachian sheep urine

guiness draught or pic related for me please

Have you tried watching films sober? Fucking shit.

Because I can't legally smoke meth or murder. So I personally feel its a good middle ground.

Escapism. Same reason people fill their lives with tv, video games, books etc.

stay on /pol/

usually cause i get bored and its fun to do

This, but to spite myself most of all.

I like how some of it tastes

But mostly it's because I feel like when I'm buzzed I have the confidence and sociability that normal human beings have all the time

Its cheaper than a shrink.

Do you drink alone?

>Why do you drink alcohol?

Alcohol makes me able to speak to girls.

If you have any other reason than this, off yourself.

Social lubricant. I enjoy the buzz of a stiff drink or the refreshment of a seasonal beer. Helps me calm down if my nerves are frazzled from the day.

I don't have a lot of self control, though. I've been drinking less on the whole, from a handle of vodka and/or case(s) of beer a week to maybe a 750ml of vodka a week.

My wife and I are trying to have kids. I promised myself for a long time now that if she gets preggo, I'd give up the sauce. My dad was an alcohol, and it ruined his life. I don't want to be that, and I don't know if I'd ever have the self control to have 'just one'.

Can't take Xanax every day so I alternate every few days.

Tasty & relaxing

Why? The repercussions or you don't have enough prescribed?

>Prescribed Xanax
>2mg dosage
>Short term mammary gone

You know drinking often can reduce sperm production. Smoking too. So it could already be fucking things up for you and your wife.

>Guinness
my nigger. Sad to hear about Yuengling, but I'm just after finding out they don't even sell outside America.

user's being helpful fuck off

All of these 2bh

Because I'm attracted to 13-year old girls in the year 2016. It's horseshit. If I had been born fifty years ago, nobody would give a shit.

cause beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I /would/ drink more, but--
>my McJob can't fund full-time drinking
>most alcohol is either too cheap to taste good, or too expensive to buy
>I'm too paranoid that if I get sloshed, then it'll be the ONE time shit goes down and I'm not prepared.
I just substitute alcohol for fiction. I can turn off reality and live someone else's exciting, wonderful life. No after-consumption pain (that isn't emotional), no long-term damage from repeated use, and no loss of motor skills and higher reasoning.

>no long-term damage from repeated use

PHYSICAL damage. I am still an emotional and mental car wreck.

I don't I smoke the herb

Because it gets rid of my crippling inhibitions

i'll drink to that!

who says i dont drink to hope

Plentily and oftenly

It's enjoyable, especially when you don't get wasted drunk. There are flavours in alcoholic beverages that aren't present in regular drinks.

Sorry, because life is shit, is the answer.
Misread the question, probably cause I'm drunk right noq.

still an acceptable answer desu

4 a good time

Because I'm an alcoholic. There's no logical reason for me to drink these days. I blackout within 30 minutes and then chainsmoke, make a mess, eat lots of bad food and stumble into shit all night. Wake up sick as hell and can't eat, sleep, or really move around. Then, just before they close, I race to the liquor store and the process repeats. I hate it, but I keep doing it.

I really wish I could do this. I have lots of weed and I smoke it when I'm drunk, but it just doesn't scratch the itch that drinking does.

Because it is all I look forward to and all my career advancement and success I strive for all leads to me going out and getting hammered.

What is the best way to drink Southern Comfort? Most of a bottle left at my place by a friend so needs to go.

literally feels amazing. i slammed a tall can of 8% yesterday as fast as possible after not drinking for a while and could feel an actual physical pleasure flowing throw my arms/veins similar to opiates.

because I'm saaaaaaddddddddd

>Why do you drink alcohol?
because it makes life not suck as much and go by faster. also helps me foget all the shitty tings that happen to m

makes the pain stop for a few hours every night

Autism is hard
I have problems
Drinking feels good
Plus confidence
Drink to forget
Makes happy feelings
Cooking while drinking is fun
Straight edge fags who don't drink are pussies

Why doesn't user drink?

I like the taste.

Perfect pair with cooking, and cooking is my favorite hobby. I love to put on music and start having my drinks about 30 minutes before cooking prep. Then I start to feel good and I'm ready to hit the cutting board. Chop up some stuff, get some pans ready and I'm hyped. Sear this, saute that, bam - sizzle, fuck yeah. This is my night, almost every night. I love it. The better question is why DONT you drink.

It makes people like me. Any new friends I made, I was drunk. Any relationships I've repaired/improved on, I was drunk.

Sucks when I'm sober and realize I made plans with people and sober me has no desire for interaction.

I am 22 years old. I tell them I never drank a drop of alcohol in my life and people always give me this incredulous stare. Why won't they believe me?

Because it is both unusual and because of social memes. It's like people who abstain until marriage; there's nothing wrong with it, but it is strange.

feels good man

I guess. Even the very moral people enjoy a drink once in a while. I am weird in a way. I'm a normal guy; I surprise people when I tell them I never drank.

I'm also abstaining until marriage, although it is involuntary in this case...

Why not, out of curiosity? Is it just something that's never appealed to you?

>Any relationships I've repaired/improved on, I was drunk.
THIS, so much. Alcohol gives me a great confidence. Social, friendly, available. Things which are not normal for me to feel all the time. And it has broken the ice for me on countless occasions. I'm pretty fucking sure I would be alone right now if alcohol hadn't sparked that charm in me which got the girl who is now my wife to even say yes to a date all those years ago. I wouldn't have even tried. But I had that buzz of confidence and I fucking went for it. Love it.

Yeah, some people are fucking retarded with it. That isn't alcohol's fault. The mistakes someone makes under the influence of any substance is really just the fault of the dumb ass user. Alcohol is too easy to access, sure. But that doesn't mean it is to blame for the stupid choices of the users. Same goes for EVERY "SUBSTANCE".

because there's a crazy big drinking culture and I accidentally got memed in to it.
Nowadays half the rush I get from alcohol is just buying something that's fucking expensive. $50 on a bottle of spirits used to be downright crazy for me to spend. now it's practically my minimum entry hazard on a bottle of whiskey

because rye whiskey is delicious

who /pete/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=qFSAc3E1hWc

How do I explain this? I was never in a situation to drink alcohol and I was never curious about it. I have no moral or philosophical reason behind it.

I might as well buy some beer tonight to try some. I have no idea.

I also hated parties during my teen years (loud music and degeneracy galore) so that helped me avoid most early alcohol situations.

The long slow journey to degeneracy begins anew. Was never doing good but was for a while doing many shades of better. Now it goes away. Winter always does this. I'll be back here again next November. I always am. Fuck it.

>degeneracy
Piss off, the drinkers don't want you

that's fair. don't feel like you gotta do it just because. if it's never happened then it's never happened. it'll happen when it does, if it does.

Because after my last girlfriend left, i spiraled through depression and drinking, and gained weight. If i lose weight i keep drinking and stay depressed
If i stop drinking ieat and gain weight and stay depressed.
If i drink and dont diet i remain less depressed.
Vicious cycle im trapped in

life's short, do what makes you less depressed my dude

>implying you represent drinkers

I bet you're a degenerate lmao. Enjoying your Bud Light in red Solo cups, frat boy?

That's what I thought too. Thanks

because i hate myself
because i wish i would die
because i am a coward who wont do anything about it
because i am a degenerate fag who most of the world wants to see me dead