Tfw apple season is coming to an end :(

was it a good harvest, friends?

Other urls found in this thread:

opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/apple-detectives-try-to-save-worlds-largest-apple-collection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Harvest these nuts, bitch.

no, seven people got e. coli from a local cider press.

It's the one nice thing about living in this damn flyover state

>no granny smith

sm͏h

Awww, you should be up here in NorCal, apple season has only been going on for a couple months. We still have a lot of apples to look forward to, Mutsu being one of my favorites. I've been eating the hell out of Fujis, Arkansas Black, Granny Smith, and some heritage green apple that I can't remember the name of, but it's super crisp, a little tart and sweet, and has a natural brown circle around the stem end. Reminds me of the apple my grandmother used to grow years and years ago.

>No Cox apple

>No pink lady

>red delicious
>delicious

what did they mean by this?

I fucking LOOOOOVE English Cocks!!!!!

oh yeah

There's this apple orchard within a reasonable drive from me. Apparently the dude started it at like the turn of the 20th century and was a bit of an eccentric. He collected like every kind of apple variety he could get his hands on, even if it were a single tree. Now there's like hundreds of different varieties on this one orchard, most people have never heard of before. And they've all got their unique tastes and textures, and it's something like a local treasure that botanists are going apeshit over.

Is there a single person in the world that actual likes Red Delicious?

No jazz apples?
Fuck your chart.

Where?

just bought some bananas and golden delicious apples

I'm gonna make apple-banana waffles with them but I forgot the cream cheese and I need to go back to the store

does anyone want me to grab them something while I'm there?

Get me some flour.

fuji or fuck off

String Cheese. Thanks.

Yoncalla, Oregon. Private property and he might have sold it and developers torn it all out now. But there's a big effort to conserve all the varieties.

Also, I got a few details wrong. It was mid-20th century. And he's got 4,500 different varieties.

opb.org/television/programs/ofg/segment/apple-detectives-try-to-save-worlds-largest-apple-collection/

Here's the story. It's pretty cool and really worth watching.

got you homie

they were out sorry bro

lewd

I only eat granny smith. Other apples can't even compete desu baka senpai

why would you buy golden delicious?

truly the worst shit tier apple ever.

are you kidding?

GD is top 3 without a doubt.

>Red delicious - America's most popular

Only because cheap-ass school districts insist on giving kids the worst fucking apples in existence.

The honeycrisps were a bit irregular this year; first bag I got was really pretty bad, but the rest have been good. Now it's back to Fuji and Pink Lady (not that I'm complaining, those are both great)

If I recall, it isn't possible or at least very hard to grow granny smiths in Michigan

I heard that the honeycrisps were weird this year, but unfortunately I didn't actually get to go to an orchard. My father in law DID end up going to a local place and got me a bag of crimson crisps, which were pretty damn tasty (I've gone through half the bag now and my wife promised me she'd make caramel apple upside-down cake with some of the rest).

pink lady is best
kanzi is fine too

>braeburn
Oh god, those are shit.

>caramel apple upside-down cake
goddamn does that sound good right about now.

>eating pleb fruits

yeah, nah.

Eeyup.

there's no lobo, apologies but these are
really not that good