Tea Thread

What's your cuppa tea today Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
s.aliexpress.com/eEnEfqAj
camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea/aged/laos-pu-er-2015-ban-komen
aliexpress.com/store/product/Traveller-s-Bamboo-Gongfu-Yixing-Clay-Teaset-8-pcs/726685_1832637422.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tea
>not coffee

What kind of american are you?

Thank god for the English bringing tea to the world. If it was left up to China we wouldn't be having tea.

same low quality Chun mee
I'm hoping the tea sampler I bought on aliexpress arrives shortly

I'm trying this babe

Pastebin from previous threads:
pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX

Dong Ding Oolong from this tea shop Cuppa Cha. Woody with somewhat sweet aftertaste, very nice. Bought 100g of half price first grade 2015 Bai Mu Dan from the same store. Will try that probably tomorrow.

I recommend the place if you're somewhere near Melbourne AU and like Oolong teas.

Anyway, with 11/11 sale nearing, anyone thinking of buying stuff from Ali? I'm thinking of getting a tea tray and maybe sample puerhs.

Mothers milk tea, Yerba Mate, Kombucha, Oolong. I drink tea all day long, no sugar, no honey, no milk.

you lactating lad

Yep, breastfeeding a 4 month old. Gotta keep that supply up.

What? Many countries started to import tea from China and Japan in the 17th century. Russia for example through caravans instead of boats. I don't see what anybody owes the British when it comes to tea.

The British Empire opened up the gates to the China's tea to the world, they technically weren't the first but their sheer demand for it was unprecedented.

Oolong is strange, because certain types have that woody aftertaste like you mentioned, but other types are slightly sweet. What gives?

Not really, the only thing they did was introducing tea to India and growing it there so they didn't have to buy it from China.

Lookin' for teapots.
What should I get?
Post teapots.

chinese or western?

Preferably chinese. Also preferably not too big, maybe two cups or something like that.

>Mothers milk tea

muh dudette

that stuff is yummy

taiwanteacrafts have the most fairly priced small clay pots.

I'm partial to jianshui
shit aint cheap though

Tried a cup of yorkshire gold, it was bretty gud.

recommendations?

Help me grow, Veeky Forums.

You guys wouldn't have some good European places to where I could find such or other teapots?

Jesus fuck my English.
I mean to ask if you guys have any suggestions for Europe based websites where I can find aforementioned teapots.
I should really go to sleep.

well buying loose leaf is the first step

you're greatly limiting your options if you dont want to buy straight from china, but in europe there's:

pu-erh.sk
greenteaguru.co.uk
en.the-puer.com/

..maybe more i dunno

Well, the problem there is 50% tax on imports from outside the EU (depending on the item in question), They also tax shipping for some reason.
You see my problem.

>china oolong tea
Kek

Southern sweet tea la

Chinalifeweb.com have some

Sleep tight, pupper.

if you drink anything other than this, you're're weeaboo trash

Got some superior bai lin from Canton. Very good. Waiting on some red keemun and Nepali Himalayan black. Excited. Canton's black tea is just about unmatched in my experience.

Have been drinking some ~young YS brand sheng, finally got around writing down some tasting notes because I've been getting inconsistent results.
First 4 steeps are very bitter and taste like bitter vegetables, think spinach or artichokes(was using 8-10g in 100ml gaiwan flash brewing)
after that, bitterness starts disappearing and starts getting sweeter and more floral, after like 12 infusions it's like sugar water though i think thats because of the effect of the bitterness on the tastebuds after a while

tea is for fags, drink coffee instead

their herbal lemon tea is good i think

I got really high earlier and as I was brewing up my cuppa tea I imagined making love with it.

still going through this bag of blood orange rooibos

Sure, that's why the Russians drink tea and your faggot neighbor loves Starbucks.

>Drinking sugarwater.
I'll pass.

I cannot contain rooibos inside a strainer for the life of me. Rooibos is notorious for it's tiny little shreds that pass through the tiny holes which seeps into the water... so as i'm drinking it i'm constantly pulling the shit out of my mouth.

Get one of those micro strainers like this one, this is just a random one i had im my watchlist but you can probably find a cheaper one
s.aliexpress.com/eEnEfqAj

Nothing beats a cup of jasmine in the morning

I'm trying this out. It's all right.

camellia-sinensis.com/en/tea/aged/laos-pu-er-2015-ban-komen

I heard you guys like tea.

My go to morning weekend tea time. Best with a splash of milk.

Maocha at 44 cents a gram is crazy, there are actually decent aged cakes cheaper than that

I drank some coconut and ginger abomination. Not as horrible as you might expect, but it packs a goddamn kick.

Dried ground ginger. Fresh tastes like soap to me.

currently waiting on some teas from yuuki cha

Depends on how much oxidation during the processing I would guess. I sometimes find it hard to find subtle tastes drinking oolong but the woody aftertaste varies.

For my first tea set (primarily wanting a tea tray), would this one be good enough?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Traveller-s-Bamboo-Gongfu-Yixing-Clay-Teaset-8-pcs/726685_1832637422.html

Also what payment method do you use for Aliexpress? Most vendors don't accept Paypal which I use for most transactions.

My local organic health food store has been running low on tea for about a month now, so i'll have to go to a standard conventional grocery store to get some tea... wish me luck!

What do you think about this, Veeky Forums ?