What the FUCK

I thought this would never have a chance at hitting $1,000, maybe a few hundred max in a decade or so. Then I did some brainstorming...

We cannot imagine the things blockchain tech will be used for. More and more companies are building their own private blockchains, and more and more things that were once centralized and vulnerable are becoming decentralized and much more secure.

Imagine a future where:
-your identity can't be stolen because credit companies, tax companies, and banks keep your data on the blockchain
-Money laundering is virtually wiped out because digitalized national currencies are tracked via DLT
-Smart contracts replace lawyers and become the norm for everything like buying a house to a micro agreement like a bond payment or paying for a service automatically when conditions are met
-IOT connects household objects to the internet & the blockchain

Chainlink is the ONLY decentralized oracle network available at the moment, and is BLOCKCHAIN AGONISTIC. With time, adapters will be created to allow it to connect to ANY AND EVERY BLOCKCHAIN.

There are simply no bounds to this. Market cap is a stupid metric for utility tokens- their value is derived from the utilization of the network/availability of tokens, not intrinsic value. Imagine banks, SWIFT, private financial services companies, IOT, AI, private parties, and lawyers using smart contracts with chainlinked data feeds.

I don't think $1,000 will happen this year, but it's certainly possible within 3-5. With the current bearish market I think $100-200 seems reasonable as a 12-18 month target. That would put us at 50-100% of Ethereum's value- project that will never find use in the real world without Link.

Hold strong boys, big things are around the corner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX3M8Ka9vUA
github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink
mckinsey.com/business-functions/digital-mckinsey/our-insights/what-it-really-takes-to-capture-the-value-of-apis
forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/11/21/smart-contracts-on-the-blockchain-can-businesses-reap-the-benefits/#2a844d8a1074
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is our fucking time to make it boys

Either crypto as a whole goes to shit or Link will be $1000 at least

WE ARE AGONISTIC

I have a question that I couldn't really find an answer to... what does the 650,000,000 LINK consist of that are not circulating right now? How much is sergej and his team holding? When are those tokens released? How many exist right now and how and how fast are new tokens mined/generated?

>how fast are new tokens mined/generated
Kys

Whether or not the market goes up or down will have no bearing on the utilization of smart contracts or oracles (LINK). Those who will use the tech will use it regardless of whether bitcoin shits the bed or not.

When Sergey uses the Uber example, I think he demonstrates his vision well. He wants it to be easy for developers to make dApps, to make shit with smart contracts, in a simple fashion where the tools are already there for them. Plus, LINK will also be compatible with legacy systems (SWIFT) which opens up another area for adoption in fintech and banking.

What's really interesting is the markets that the LINK network can capture a share of.
The API economy is the obvious thing that LINK will tap into (APIs are what you provide via nodes)
>The value at stake is significant. McKinsey analysis has estimated that as much as $1 trillion in total economic profit globally could be up for grabs through the redistribution of revenues across sectors within ecosystems.1 That makes APIs, which play a crucial role in linking organizations and technologies in ecosystems, a significant competitive battleground capability.
>Furthermore, McKinsey estimates that the number of public APIs will triple over the next 12 months. As the functionality evolves, APIs will deliver more advanced services, such as powering the wider use of digital wallets and currencies, enabling machine learning to deliver more sophisticated operations, and supporting advanced conversational capabilities. In addition, API marketplaces and app stores will make it easier for users to access sophisticated business and consumer offerings.

Then there's the derivatives market which is worth 1 QUADRILLION.
But even if LINK never touches the derivative market, there's the possibility that ChicagoProject.io will use LINK to create crypto-commodities and crypto-derivatives

Those tokens are used to pay node operators. PLEASE do some research.

One third are paid to node operators and one third belong to the team which they will give to large partners to incentivise the ecosystem. Therefore holding Link in a node will give you a certain amount of the non circulating supply over time.

>how fast are new tokens mined/generated?
I'm going to be nice to you this one time: there is such a thing as pre-mined tokens. They don't need mining. LINK is one of them. I suggest you read into this before investing.

>what does the 650,000,000 LINK consist of that are not circulating right now? How much is sergej and his team holding? When are those tokens released?
A large portion of tokens have been retained for development of the project. They might be sold to pay for staff, equipment etc. Another portion will be given away to big node operators.

Don't even bother.
The normans are happy watching a bunch of niggers kick a ball around, or throw a ball through a hoop.
I love watching normies enthralled by these "spectacles" as if their lives depend on it.

Wow, you're both wrong.... Node operators will be paid by people requesting data from node operators, not by the tokens retained by the CL team.

Because LINK will be locked up in nodes, circulating supply will be low.

Thank you. I actually did some reading on the project but didn't really look into the token mechanics.
Is there any info on when they will start eating through that reserve and releasing new supply to the market?

I suggest you people of Veeky Forums watch this presentation: youtube.com/watch?v=QX3M8Ka9vUA

>Is there any info on when they will start eating through that reserve and releasing new supply to the market?
No. Sergey also said that they will maintain the LINK network with some of the money they take as a fee from the node payments. So it seems like they will have plenty of money to maintain the network, therefore they probably won't sell much anytime soon.
As for the tokens they will give away to node operators, they won't really be on the market because they'll be locked up in nodes.

I thought we were on the 4th industrial revolution now

Why does chain link only have Sergey and a CTO and no developers? Do they have any code? Do they need code? Is it just an idea? New to chain link sorry for the basic questions. It's just I've seen fud about how they have no developers, or just a few devs and somehow no code. Can someone fill me in, thanks.

Sergey is just a philosophy major, of course there is no code. This is the last time I spoonfed some retard. Do your own research from now on.

ANTAGONISTIC DUBS

holy shit dont buy please, you really dont deserve it

These threads seriously have the "BRAIN GANG" stink on them.

It's seriously making me think about dumping my link.

Ignore the FUD, it's all just memeing.

Their github is here: github.com/smartcontractkit/chainlink
You can see they make updates all the time.

It's true they only have a couple of developers on staff, you can decide if that's bad or not. Anyone can contribute by the way, and already someone made an external adapter for IOTA.

This is not true. While he is a philosophy major, that doesn't preclude him from being a CEO and for being able to understand complex systems.

Dump ASAP, you know in your heart it's going nowhere.

>thinking the bear market will last a year

Congrats you see it.

If blockchain is going to be a thing in the future, then LINK will be a part of that future.

This is what people don't understand. LINK is going to be big, if crypto is going to be big.

That's why everyone says it "guaranteed", and why i'm all in LINK.

Why the fuck do they only have 2 full time deevs. Come one

>deevs
Getting competent developers in blockchain is difficult. Getting incompetent developers is detrimental. I think it's clear they chose the safe route for the long-term, rather than the hire-a-bunch-of-fuckwits-and-push-out-a-shit-product route for some short-term gains.

The Brain Gang was very profitable if you knew when to sell.

Don't respond to him he's just a FUDDer.

LINK clearly has more than two devs they just don't give a shit about updating us because we're retail investors.

They are in San Francisco
How can you not find competent devs excited for what is apparently the most revolutionary product in this century? Are they low balling people? What are their funds like?they have like unlimited funds don't they?

>come one come all

They obviously don't need more than 2 full time devs. They delivered the alpha network AHEAD OF SCHEDULE with only 2 devs. Why pointlessly hire more? Lol pathetic FUD

my weener is a diamond

.... are you clinically treated for your issues, user? Otherwise you might have an aneurysm or literal downs

Literally every transaction involving data requests to the ChainLink network will require the LINK token. There is no using the ChainLink network without using the LINK token. This does not mean the terms of the smart contracts in question can't trigger a payment in any currency (fiat or crypto) they choose - the actual request for data to the CL network will be paid in LINK.

>So why did they make the token at all? >Cynical money grab?

Imagine if they didn't. For the decentralised oracle network to be a success, they need a lot of unique node operators. Without this it's just another centralised network, with the corresponding security/reliability weaknesses. I'm talking the kind of numbers they're actually working with, and then some (Sergey mentioned close to 20k individuals had expressed intent to run a node in his eoy blog post) .

How do you bring about that amount of engagement with your network? You can't hire or manage 19k nodes by yourself... you need to legitimately engage a massive community of people. You do that with a token sale, and by distributing those tokens far and wide. Then you have a bunch of LINK holders ready to run nodes, incentivised to do so by the promise of earning more LINK in return for their services. What's going to make ChainLink valuable is network effect. Nothing else matters. If this becomes the de facto network to connect smart contracts to the real world then its game over. The network will become entrenched in the sense that it just won't make sense to compete with it, only to join it. Like Amazon. What other online book shops are there? Most smaller online marketplaces have become assimilated by and now trade on Amazon, rather than compete with it. The LINK token is what ultimately provides access to this network. Do you see its value yet?

I've been looking for the source for the anime girl forever, please help

Link will save crypto. Every shitcoin these days tries to offer some minor application to the world outside blockchain but can barely squeak out a few "partnerships" that are overblown and ultimately go nowhere. Link has the potential to become the largest crypto to be adopted by real world applications. The fucking thing will connect real world data to the blockchain/smart contracts. Ethereum blew up because of the smart contract meme and 1000 scams being built off it, but it never has achieved its true purpose. Link brings smart contracts to where they really matter. If you're skeptical, look past the memes and the fud and see the team, what they are building, and who they are flirting with in the financial sector. If you are aware of these things but don't have any stake in Link, you cannot be helped.

$1000, maybe not for a long time... But seriously, why could this coin NOT reach $100?

I mean, look at ETH, NEO etc.
Sure they're built on creating ICO's, but LINK is built on Oracles. Oracles are rewarded with LINK. In 5 years time, when airports are using Oracles for weather data, when insurance companies are using Oracles for speed readings, when police are using Oracles for forensic application, when cyber security applications are using Oracles for public key encryption, when applications are using Oracles for authentication, when cloud hosting providers are using Oracles for traffic analysis, when retail firms are using Oracles for validating their till balances, when audit firms are using Oracles for invoice validation, when manufacturing firms are using Oracles for product quality control, when freight companies are using Oracles for logistics handling, when GPS providers / Google Earth are using Oracles for positioning data, when global advertising conglomerates are using Oracles for audience demographics, when companies are using Oracles for directorship votes, when banking conglomerates are using Oracles for transaction assurance, when oil titans are using Oracles for contract assurance, when nation states are using Oracles for census data, when governments are using Oracles for voting polls, when armies are using Oracles for command and control verification, when the UN is using Oracles for voting for permanent 5 members, and when Oracles are using Oracles for veracity; does LINK at $100 sound reasonable? If not, does it sound more reasonable than LINK at $2?

>even if LINK never touches the derivative market
kekka please, thats the plan

just bought 341 links, am i cool yet

Every person without weak hands and dosent sell when link goes 10x,20x, etc, then dips, will stake in nodes, to reap the passive income. the value for the holder, but not use-value to the consumer, will skyrocket. To use the network wont be expensive (18 decimals), but to OWN part of the network.... will be unavailable financially to almost anyone because of the high token price. Therefor the higher the price the more secure the network is. Its SET UP to be an astronomically high priced token. Is that poor reasoning? Hurr durr big macs.

Delivered alpha chainlink ahead of schedule with 2 devs, you have no argument.

This

This. Link will enable all kinds of new economic opportunity in the real world and will allow new cryptos to be invented that can connect with the outside world.

If you believe that a blockchain agnostic, decentralized oracle is *the best solution* to the oracle problem, then LINK is an easy hold because there are no competitors.

Most cryptocurrencies at the moment are just a way to save money or make things more efficient. These currency cryptos are a meme and they are not worth much. Sure, you save a bit of money, your transaction is faster, maybe it's even instant. Nano. Ripple. Request Network. Etc. But smart contracts connected to real-world data will boost the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Not only will they make things more efficient and faster by automating shit (just like currency cryptos) they will also make new value in the economy though new dApps that will become possible. A new economy of API providers via the LINK token (similar to miners earning money, node operators will earn). new business models that utilise smart contracts. You have to be a bit of a futurist to see the value of LINK - imagine how valuable the network will be, a network that drives economic growth outside for those who interact with it.

>o OWN part of the network.... will be unavailable financially to almost anyone because of the high token price. Therefor the higher the price the more secure the network is. Its SET UP to be an astronomically high priced token
I don't agree.... It needs to be easy to participate in the network because they want to have as many nodes as possible, that's the point of decentralization.
According to your available cash, if you want to operate a node, you can do it on the scale that suits you. If you're a poorfag you can accept cheap contracts with only a few LINK in your node. If you're a bank selling your massive amounts of API you can have millions of LINK staked.

>Chainlink is the ONLY decentralized oracle network available at the moment

Aeternity, mobius, hivemind.

I haven't done research on this one but some user said zen protocol.

I don't feel like giving a third party any control over my magic internet tokens.

If you can get passive income from it, it will be reflected in the market price like stocks. I'll just dump it on the exchanges.

Funny how these excessively optimistic threads disappear once the conference is over. Alnost as though a bunch of fags are... Accumulating.

This thread makes my peepee hard. Keep talkimg about LINK use cases guys

how do i obtain LINK? i want to buy some early before it explodes

AE - available on one blockchain, mob - crap (literally using the same icons as chainlink); hivemind - centralised; zen protocol - looking into this one but appears not blockchain agnostic, but the only viable projetc of those you mentioned. There's also witnet but it's 1 year behind.

They aren't blockchain agnostic. You think anyone wants to use those retarded blockchains for everything?
Also, LINK is in alpha, is close to mainnet. Where are those in their stage of development? Way behind?

No third party has control over them. You set up the node and run it yourself. You agree to receive payments or penalties.

I welcome the chance to have an actual discussion about LINK instead of just memeing.

Buy ETH on coinbase
Send to Binance
Buy LINK with ETH

Try Googling it.

Realistically though. Is this shit going to dump after the conference?

Nope. This one is far much bigger than any of the others. Just look who he is on stage with and DYOR

wait......the number of nodes increases security. But.....you can run a node with zero link...... right? Isnt that a security flaw?

you won't be able to compete with that. Smart contract owner can set a limit and reputation threshold on which nodes can supply data for his contract.

hivemind will be decentralized, but it's still in the R&D stage and it seems to only be built for bitcoin.

Depends what happens. I'm in Link come hell or high water so I don't care; however, I am expecting some big announcments.

This is why you want to be in the first nodes and never touch your Link

Well im gonna spread moar fud with that idea though. Chainlink oracles will never work!

It will dump. Don't expect any significant price movements until mainnet comes out.

See You might be able to provide data for people and get paid for it without any collateral - only if someone is willing to pay you for it. I doubt that nodes with zero link will get any jobs because they won't be as trustworthy, but maybe there's some case where they would I don't know about.

Seconding this Source on the waifu please sirs

Advances in quantum comupting will fuck up anything using cryptography for safety including cryptocoins.

Actually, imagine if malicious actors started setting up nodes with 0 LINK, and started providing publicly available but valuable API data *for free*.
Or maybe they do have LINK on their node, but they provide data *for free* thus having a very high reputation. No other node operators will be able to compete with that!
If the LINK network is free to use you bet LINK will become worthless.
I've just FUDded myself

>anything using cryptography for safety
Opposed to using what?

th-thanks

Quantum key distribution.

Cant you read?
These tokens wont enter the market
Also a majority of tokens will be locked up in nodes
So the supply will actually decrease in the future

I dont think its set up so you can offer data for free..... but yes, i like this fud. yummy.

So why can this not be integrated into ETH/NEO/platform of choice? If you want this, why do you need to pay existing LINK holders for their tokens? Just create a new chain, or use the currency of your own ecosystem.

Kys

Volume has been steadily dropping since btc conference. It was even worse before. When volume on binance goes from fucking 50btx to 1800btc abd back again you should realize that you are dealing with an absolute shitcoin that wont be mooning out of the clutches of pnd fags for a long time. You think the sell off will come at $1.50 or $5? Nope, the sell off comes every time link rises .10c because of autistic "acccumulators" who simultaneously fud and fomo, here and on Twitter, but on twitter it is mostly autistic cringe Lolicon and anime avatars trying to troll sergey.

And you have to ask if it is a men's still?

IF IT IS A MEME STILL

kek

Just for men.

If you can this would be a genuine concern.... I' try to find out now....

LINK is blockchain agnostic so it works with any platform.
Some platforms have oracles built in (mobius, aeternity?) but they only work with their own blockchain, which no one will want to use because they are shit and gay.
You need to use the LINK token because that's how the network works; it's a tokenized economic system.
Your argument doesn't make any sense. You're saying "what if ETH builds a decentralized oracle system where you can pay in ETH?" but then the same argument would apply - "why do you have to pay in ETH? Why cant you just pay in NEO?" and on and on it goes.
>why do you need to pay existing LINK holders for their tokens
You don't pay them for their tokens, you pay them for their data. The LINK token gives you access to the network of data for your smart contracts.

SOLID post. Just got off wageslaving. I'll enjoy reading this thread and adding to my word doc. of notes I take everyday on the different aspects of LINK. Seems like this will most likely be documented in my "LINK potential" category. Have to go leg press 400lbs and take 300mg of caffeine before I start the rest of my day talking to myself about LINK.

>Chainlink is the ONLY decentralized oracle network available at the moment
Heh, and how many governments, companies need "decentralized oracle network" right now? How many even know what the fuck that is? The answer is zero. That's how much there is need for Chainlink right now. If the time comes they need something like this, there will be hundreds of service providers and this shitcoin will not make you rich.

Actually companies have been talking about smart contracts for a very very long time. You could find that info if you tried hard enough but I'm assuming "trying hard" and "effort" isn't your strongest of the very few characteristics that allow you the ability to even write a coherent sentence.

thx just bought 100k

Oh that touched a nerve didn't it? I'm just here discussing and addressing OP's assumption of Chainlink ever being useful, funny to see you getting your jimmies rustled over such a simply observation. Someone's bags must be heavy :)

>Money laundering is virtually wiped
stopped reading right there

that alone is why link will max $2.01 this year

Oh sweetie you can’t google can you

Faggot go suck a cock

>mckinsey.com/business-functions/digital-mckinsey/our-insights/what-it-really-takes-to-capture-the-value-of-apis
>$1 Trillion dollars in API economy
>Number of APIs will triple in next 12 months
>With the API market gaining momentum, institutions that move quickly to define a business-backed strategy and monetization model, institute the right governance, and drive adoption can create powerful new avenues for revenue growth and value

LINK allows monetization of APIs and their connection to the blockchain. Many companies are interested in smart contracts and blockchain. Monetization of APIs through LINK is more than a monetization model based just B2B selling.

I don't know what google has to do with chainlink being a useless shitcoin and governments having zero need for something like this. But yeah sure go googling stuff or whatever keeps you content kid

This sounds exactly like the replies I got when I questioned VEN here back in December. Big numbers, a couple links, bold predictions on market getting bigger, zero actual content though.

The bottom line is there's no real product and absolutely no proof of even need for something like this. You can rationalize your investment as much as you'd like but let's wait around 6 weeks, this coin will have gone nowhere in terms of adoption and Veeky Forums will be shitting on it like it now does with vechain.

see you in six weeks, dip shit

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 12.44.11 PM.png (2464x246, 104K)

>there's no real product
Yeah, it's under development, like most projects in crypto. By investing you're betting on it being used in future, when it's developed.
>let's wait around 6 weeks, this coin will have gone nowhere in terms of adoption
Yeah of course, because the mainnet will surely take more than 6 weeks. It can't be adopted without mainnet, duh.

>absolutely no proof of even need for something like this
Smart contracts NEED oracles to connect to the real world. Which oracle solution is the best?

You need to have a bit of an imagination - you need to believe that smart contracts are the next big thing, and that the best oracle solution for them is one that is decentralized and blockchain agnostic (for which there are various arguments that is the case). With any crypto investment you're speculating on future value. Of course LINK isn't being used right now, because it's not finished. Of course few people are lamenting a lack of a decentralized oracle network - because this is an emerging technology. If this is your only FUD then idk why you're into crypto at all.

Yes, we will, because I will be rubbing the meltdown of this scam coin in your nigger face you dumb imbecil. Just wait and see.

>You need to have a bit of an imagination - you need to believe that smart contracts are the next big thing

Hahah, do I really? Sorry now but I don't believe that, because it's not believable. I know most coins don't have working products, that's why they're called shitcoins and nobody should spend their money on them. I only invest in real products with real value. Well, you've been warned friend. In a year when this coin is still "in development" and there's still no interest in it, you'll look back and wonder what the hell were you thinking and why didn't you listen to the gentleman that actually made sense.

Guys, if you're expecting LINK to moon or fail within 6 weeks, you're going to be disappointed. There will be nothing interesting happening until mainnet. They already said mainnet will drop WITH node operators in place ready to go, so it will be instant adoption.

But, until then, all we can do is wait....

>ahah, do I really? Sorry now but I don't believe that, because it's not believable
Smart contract adoption will revolutionise any area where there are contracts. Which is most of capitalism.

>I only invest in real products with real value
If you don't invest in cryptos then obviously you can't differentiate between a shitcoin like DBC and the revolutionary idea of a decentralized oracle network.

>coin
It's not a "coin" - you don't understand it.

>in a year when this coin is still "in development"
There is no ETA for mainnet but I imagine it will come this year.

>and there's still no interest in it,
19,000 people wanted to operate a node in December.

>you'll look back and wonder what the hell were you thinking and why didn't you listen to the gentleman that actually made sense.
I'm going to be a millionaire and I'm going to earn passive income from a node. LINK is going to $100.

Why is it the same person in link threads saying the same things kek, I don't even have link but it's obvious it's the same guy

even your insults are redundant. reply to me again, bean boi

>Smart contract adoption will revolutionise any area where there are contracts. Which is most of capitalism.

Any claim some unused and untested technology will "revolutionalize" anything is bullshit. Anyone can throw these "predictions".

>>I only invest in real products with real value
>If you don't invest in cryptos then obviously you can't differentiate between a shitcoin like DBC and the revolutionary idea of a decentralized oracle network.

Oh there are plenty of cryptos with working products like BTC, Ether, XMR, Nano hell even Doge.

>>coin
>It's not a "coin" - you don't understand it.

I clearly don't. Wonder why...

>>in a year when this coin is still "in development"
>There is no ETA for mainnet but I imagine it will come this year.

Sure it will.

>>and there's still no interest in it,
>19,000 people wanted to operate a node in December.

And how many governments and businesses have shown interest? Nobody gives a shit about Veeky Forums pajeets and their nodes.

>>you'll look back and wonder what the hell were you thinking and why didn't you listen to the gentleman that actually made sense.
>I'm going to be a millionaire and I'm going to earn passive income from a node. LINK is going to $100.

Hm where have I heard this before... wait, it was in every wishful shill post about every coin ever invented. I mean good luck but you're setting yourself for a disappointment. I hope you even diversify some.

explain why this isn't a perfectly valid question, user? I'll be sitting on my stack of monero bought at $1.80 that I decided to buy using the same logic, while you fumble for an answer.
:^)

>implying buying Monero at $1 makes him qualified to ask a stupid question
Kek

>Any claim some unused and untested technology will "revolutionalize" anything is bullshit. Anyone can throw these "predictions".

forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/11/21/smart-contracts-on-the-blockchain-can-businesses-reap-the-benefits/#2a844d8a1074
ccording to Accenture research published at the start of 2017, investment banks alone could save up to $12 billion per year by adopting blockchain and smart contracts
Gartner has estimated that by 2022, so-called ratified unbundled (i.e. defined impact) smart contracts will be in use by more than 25% of global organizations.
IBM and Microsoft are already developing blockchain products.
Cutting out middleman means savings for the business. According to a McKinsey report it is estimated that blockchain could save businesses at least $50 billion in B2B transactions by 2021.

>Oh there are plenty of cryptos with working products
Your "working product" Ethereum is worthless without an oracle solution.
Currency cryptos are Reddit-tier memes.

>I clearly don't. Wonder why...
Because you're a retard. ERC20 tokens give you access to a network, they aren't really "coins" for trading or spending.
Mainnet this year is a totally reasonable prediction given how quickly they finished Alpha. I imagine there will be an update soon giving us a timeframe. Maybe at the end of Q1.

>And how many governments and businesses have shown interest? Nobody gives a shit about Veeky Forums pajeets and their nodes.
AFAIK governments wouldn't be using this technology but as for businesses, SWIFT, REQ, etc. Also: psd2 and open banking APIs

If you can't read between the lines about psd2 and open banking APIs then LINK will not be an easy hold. But only investing in "real products" is not going to make you rich. You're supposed to buy the rumour, sell the news. Right now LINK is all rumour but it hardly takes a huge leap of faith to see its potential. connect the dots.

We are autistic.