Apprentice years

Hello again Veeky Forums, J here again.
Last week I created a thread about the beginning of my apprenticeship. You were all kind enough to give me feed back and tips so this week I'm going to continue on

Tuck in!

Unfortunately there'll be no cook along this week as I've finished work at 2100 hrs. So no time for dinner but I've got some great stuff from over the last week. To start we have banana pancakes made at work and I plan on making again tomorrow. And here I've made a compound butter of garlic and herb. It didn't roll as well as I hoped.

Cool to see you again.

You guys prep your pancakes? Why?

Scotch fillet w/ garlic cloves and some thyme

Hey thank you my friend. Glad you're here.

Its for a function we have on so we prep the food the day before depending on the numbers.

Chopped sundried tomatos

Green beans

Boil potatoes

when i'm on death row i'm going to ask for $50 worth of sundried tomatoes

Roast sweet potato and capsicum

The kind of people that are on death row only ever ask for fried chicken and watermelon

Nice one. Its good shit. Excellent as a dressing.

Kek

PAN, HOT!

In they go

Mash the living hell out of the potato til smooth

Steak almost done.

And voila, steak and veg.

To be more precise its Scotch fillet with garlic and herb butter, roasted vegetables with sundried tomato dressing and Paris mash.

they don't do last meals anymore, too many assholes kept ordering expensive/extravagant things then not eating it. To say nothing of the bowel release problem

>Paris mash
interesting, never heard of that before. how does it differ from 'regular' mashed potatoes you'd cook?
oh, and thanks for an actual cooking thread

Just a fuck ton more butter and cream, its also meant to be super smooth; and you're quite welcome. Here are some more school photos.

Braised pork with apple and onion chutney

Pumpkin and fetta 'za

And this is cream caramel.

Tomorrow as well if the threads still alive I'll post most banana pancakes.

>dat moment when you're first allowed to plate something

I had a ton of problems with plating for some reason.

>he doesn't steam his vegetables

It seals in more of the flavor. Also, if you're mashing them just cut them into smaller pieces so they cook faster.

>Just a fuck ton more butter and cream, its also meant to be super smooth

As someone who doesn't know much about potatoes preparation - is there such a thing as lumpy potato mash or is it a sign the cook fucked up? Because I've seen everything from really smooth and runny mash to solid and lumpy.

>Instant coffee
>tea bags

>'gourmand'

everybody does it to their own tastes, some people are just haphazard about it or undercook their potatoes. the 'paris mash' op is talking about is actually pommes purees, which is usually passed through a sieve or food mill to make it velvety smooth, where normal mash generally has a more granular texture. i like lumpy mash personally.

interesting. would you actually serve puree as a side, though?

absolutely. purees are ubiquitous in fine dining restaurants.

good thread user

Cheers mate.

Good morning all. We've got pancakes on the breakfast menu, I won't be making the from scratch as I already made the mixture at work before taking it home. So I'll do process and plate up.

I don't drink either of those, they belong to someone else.

Its a much of a muchness and like the other user said its really your personal preference. Some people don't even add cream or butter and just eat the boiled or steamed potatoes.

Thanks for the heads up. Will do.

I love plate up and presentation. I like to think I'm naturally good at it.

Mixture in the bowl. Contains banana and pistachios.

I realized I'm not the best at making pancakes.

And pancakes with banana and pistachio. These obviously aren't the greatest so if anyone has any tips on how to improve them that'd be great.

I'll also be doing a cook along for dinner if anyone is interested.