But I don't like onions

>But I don't like onions

Good thread.

Do Americans really act like this?

'som 'imes

You've simply never had them prepared properly

my gf is this way, she thinks onions are 'too spicy' but proceeds to drench everything in 'cha. I wanna murder her.

My girlfriend literally refuses to eat any vegetables except lettuce. It's so annoying, I can't cook for her because most of my dishes have vegetables as an integral part.

This is why i gave up cooking. Especially sine she always has to be "in the mood" for all the stuff in the food.

I ask for fucking extra onions on my burgers

Dumb fucking onion hating NIGGERS probably have never fucking even eaten onions.

What most people mean by that is that they dislike the wet squishy texture onions have. The taste is integral, but the moment your eating sounds like a waterfall and feels like eating grass they become disgusted.

Which is why a cook should always make sure their onions are shredded well, so that no noticeable trace other than the taste remains.

their*

I would be incredibly upset if the person I was dating was such an infantile eater

Virginity, the thread

This. I love the flavor of onions but that texture is disgusting.

I hated onions as a kid but i grew to love them when i started cooking and experimenting with them and realized how many foods i loved tasted good because of them
Same with tomatoes too

>but i dont like cheese pizza

>most of my dishes have vegetables as an integral part.
If you weren't an autist with SUPER STRICT memorized recipes this wouldn't be a problem.

I agree that she's a pleb and doesn't deserve love though

same here desu. i didn't appreciate the glory of onions until i started cooking. even in a simple dish like making tomato sauce, i love the noise and smell of onions sauteing in oil in a pan.

Break up with her. Fuckk that senpai

What's a girlfriend?

I can relate to this. Most of the time I'm in the mood for almost anything, and sometimes I'm in the mood for a surprise or for something completely new. But sometimes I get a particular flavour, texture or dish on my mind, I begin to crave it and it feels like a waste to eat anything else since I can't enjoy it fully. If I've been thinking about beef bourguignon all day, everything else is going to taste disappointing, no matter how delicious it really is.

The flavour is completely different depending on how you cut the onion, and I don't just mean stronger, either. Onions which are roughly diced are going to be sweeter when sweated and/or stewed, while mincing the onion imparts more acidity with no extra sweetness.

My parents had the blandest taste. Pizza was always plain, maybe half pepperoni. We never had tomatoes or pickles or ketchup or anything other than american cheese for hamburger night. Taco night was just ground beef (90%+ lean with the fat drained out) and MAYBE taco seasoning in the bought corn shells.
They won't eat anything I make for them now unless I lie and say it doesn't have onion in it

Like a trap, but with no penis and usually bigger boobs.