Why do people like spicy food? I don't get it...

Why do people like spicy food? I don't get it. It kills the flavor of the dish and overwhelms the pallet with unpleasurable feelings. It's the exact opposite of what food is supposed to be.

1. Flavor
- Chili's all have a unique flavor that adds to almost any meal.

2. Endorphins
- When you eat spicy shit that burns, your body releases endorphin's to counteract the pain.

3. It's fun
- Eyes watering, runny nose, pain, spicy citrus flavor, all contribute to the dining experience.

>1. Flavor
But you can't taste it because your tongue is on fire.

>2. Endorphins
If I what to get high I'll do drugs.

>3. It's fun
Snotting all over yourself while trying to eat is not fun.

A nice burn feels good.
Clears congestion
Body feels warm and fuzzy

Some times the burn can overpower the flavor when that happens i have to agree with you but sometimes like the atomic hot wings that shit is just wonderful.

>But you can't taste it because your tongue is on fire.

That's simply not true.

You're probably just so focused on the pain that you're not even noticing the flavors.

I only enjoy it with dishes that are supposed to be hot. Anything else is just eh

Its a human history thing. A while ago, humanity discovered capsaicin kills bacteria, making questionable foods safe to eat. This is why spicy foods are common in areas with high spoilage environments (i.e. countries on the equator.)

All of what this user said, plus

Spice covers the sour flavour of rancid meat

Which is why you usually find spicier foods in places that are hot and humid

Anyway spice is great until it sets my anus on fire 24 hrs later, your just some kinda faggit

>pallet

>your just some kinda faggit
>eating food to be manly

Like a drug

Yes, actually, anthropologists believe that the eating of spicy food relates to adulthood challenges or competition between men, hence being contests etc. It's a display of masculinity, behold I resist the pain of the fire fruit, my penis is enormous, etc.

Just because the modern era let's men be a useless sack of shit doesn't mean these old instinctive behaviore are gone

I like spicy food to an extent. When it starts overpowering the taste with its spiciness is when I call it quits. Tapatio is a good example of flavour/spice ratio. It's spicy but still has a good flavour.

This is important. Spicy foods should at the most make you sweat a bit and your nose run. Fuck off hot shit can just, well, fuck off

That's like, your opinion man.

You build up tolerance though. Either you're one of those people who enjoys sweating and that burning mouth sensation, or you're not.
I'm not saying it doesn't overwhelm a dish, I'm saying heat is really enjoyable if you put in the time and poops.

>your nose run

Do you just wipe your snot off on your napkin?

>I don't get it.

Patently.

Yes?

Faggot baby stomach.

Is it common for spicy food to upset stomachs when it isn't even that spicy? I have some dried birds eye chili peppers that I put into stir fry I made. Made stir fry for a couple days, putting the dried chilis in each time, and my stomach started hurting.

I haven't had any birds eye chili peppers for a couple days now, and my stomach is feeling better. They weren't even that spicy though (bird's eye chili is supposed to be 100,000 - 200,000 on the scoville scale but these dried ones felt like waay less), so it seems strange that they would upset my stomach.

My Gastroenterologist told me spicy food was good for my stomach as it causes endorphins to be released and calms my gut.

>let's men be a useless sack of shit

More like forces them to be feminized, which is essentially what you said, I guess.

endorphin rush....gets you very high my friend

Huh. Well I'll try adding the peppers again in a few days and hopefully my stomach will handle them fine.

Everyone has their spice limit. There's no judging you if you have a low limit. But to actively hate someone who has a much higher tolerance, and actively enjoys the heat? That's like criticizing me for having sex 6 hours in a row instead of stopping after 15 minutes like you.

JAJAJAJA PINCHE GRINGO PUTO JAJAJA.

>Anyway spice is great until it sets my anus on fire 24 hrs later

This. It's so good, but comes out hot and upsets my stomach. Makes me kinda worried if I'm destroying my insides or something.

>unpleasurable feelings

That's where you're wrong, user. Some people get an almost sexual thrill from the rush of their mouth burning.

>Which is why you usually find spicier foods in places that are hot and humid
In some northern countries, they used to salt the fuck out of their meat so the rancidness wouldn't be tasted either (as well as conserving it longer).
> not some BS out of my ass, I learnt that in some French museum with a historian cook.

You guys are forgetting a really important fact. In hot regions eating hot food induces perspiration thereby cooling the body.

>so the rancidness wouldn't be tasted either

Uh no, that's what mustard was for. Salt was mainly to conserve food.

i love spicy food

it enhances the flavor of dishes and makes it much more intense and flavorful

i made ghost pepper ice cream last night and it is absolutely devilish. it cools your mouth and sets it on fire at the same time.

Nailed it.

NEAT.

pussy detected

Nailed what? Yes, perspiration cools the skin but it also dehydrates you. Dehydration being the very last thing you need in tropical or desert environments.

>But you can't taste it because your tongue is on fire.
You need something less spicy then. I used to hate spicy food until I started slowly introducing it into my diet, now I love it! Plus it unclogs my nose, which most medication won't do for me.

>If I what to get high I'll do drugs.
Same, but I also like getting high and then eating spicy food.

>Snotting all over yourself while trying to eat is not fun
True, but for folks like me, is necessary. I always use a napkin when I eat. So not as big of a deal.

What maybe good for someone else might not be good for you! If it happens again with the peppers, don't eat them anymore. And go see a doctor!

It's normal.

When that happens, you need to take a couple of spoonfuls of baking soda with water to neutralize the acidity in your stomach.

Yeah, rainforests don't have much water, I forgot.

>Which is why you usually find spicier foods in places that are hot and humid

You find them there because that's where people can actually grow them.

Hot peppers originated in the new world, and before they were brought back, people used normal spices to mask the taste and smell of tainted meat. That's why the spice trade from Asia to Europe was so profitable, and that trade developed long before chili peppers were discovered in the new world.

You've never stepped foot in a jungle, fat kid.

I have. US Army Jungle Operations Training Center.

You would be surprised. Just because a forest is wet does not mean there is drinkable water anywhere near you.

>grew up in far north QLD AUS

Beautiful Ft. Sherman...

Great. Go lose another fucking war you bloated ass tax money sucking entitled loaf of fuck.

>elects pieces of shit like Obama
>bitches about losing tax dollars and losing wars

spices and heat make a dish more "zesty"...you want salsa to have at least a little kick. cilantro also

If we trimmed the US Offense budget by half, we would actually be able to treat our sick, feed our hungry, repair our infrastructure and still lose wars at the same rate we have been doing since Vietnam.

Congratulations, you fagfuck, you contribute nothing to the building of our country or the world and receive your entitlement with outstretched, greasy hands. Go home to your airport where imbeciles will be lined up with "support our troops" placards and you can feel good about your sponging self.

The US military doesn't lose wars. Politicians lose wars. Our military could bring the entire planet to its knees. But hippy shit bags like you would protest and want to aid and abet the enemy.

Learn how to derive water from plants idjits.

We already know. How about you come to the realization that isn't enough.

Half wit.

Someone's not doing enough of it.

Grow up. Our Offense Budget is greater than the next 20 countries' military budgets combined. We live like third world people, where our citizens either don't get medical treatment or pay enormously disproportionate amounts for the insurance; people literally go hungry; infrastructure crumbling all to support a hopelessly bloated military-industrial complex feeding off the public trough.

Hurr, durr every other first world country can afford to treat their citizens decently. Yet we have to feed your entitled, slovenly, loser bellys. We're sick of you failed losers sucking the lifeblood from the US for no purpose other than feeding the war machine. Get a real job, loser.

I made the mistake of thinking you were being serious.

You seem upset, precious.

I guess someone should go to Peru, Thailand, Mexico and other tropical spicy-food-eating places and tell them they're all in danger of dying from dehydration.

>Grow up.

You first, sunshine.

Oh, great rebuttal. I take "get a real job" back. You're not capable.

I call bullshit. Jungle school hasn't been operational for DECADES, only recently returning to operation.

I went through in March of 1989, sport.

>militaryfags have to let everyone know that the SERVED THEIR COUNTRY

worse than vegans lmao

So jealous. So mad.

That is a serious mistake.

Also did you know water falls from the sky in rain forests???

Truth

It sounds like you just have a really low heat tolerance, wussy.

You seem unsure.

I have a similar problem. No stomach problems when eating fresh peppers or other spicy stuff but for some reason, dried red peppers causes my pee to feel spicy.

Like what the fuck. It just feels so weird and unpleasant to have spicy feeling pee.

That is why I stopped eating dried red peppers and only stick with fresh peppers.

I stand corrected.
USARSO fucking sucks.

Did you learn much gorilla warfare?

>pallet

Not true. Cut the budget in half the military industrial complex still gets ita cut and all the Jamals and Cletuses are fucked over now that their gibmedats for fighting for ZOG are cut off. Military benefits help millions of poor people and actually open up opportunities instead of leading to dependency like welfare
Military also greatly helps our own infrastructure, tech, and healthcare.

I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE BASICALLY EVERYTHING I EAT SPICY

>Not enjoying the taste of pepper
>Not enjoying the taste of chilli
Your taste buds must be shit

I like some hot sauces that give a little "kick" but also add to the flavor of the food. But I hate eating the chilies themselves, they taste like ass.

You're freaking out on Veeky Forums, do you honestly think you're better or more capable than anyone in the military?

I like hotwings so hot that I can barely eat them.

If I don't shit blood later then it wasn't hot enough.