What kind of food is best to serve my socially stunted MtG friends? Tendies?

What kind of food is best to serve my socially stunted MtG friends? Tendies?

Anything that requires silverware. Nothing worse than eating something like pizza and getting your greasy mitts all over your deck. Sleeved or not.
That being said we usually get baked and BBQ some ridiculous food during gamenight. At least we all know to clean up properly.

>get baked
We're all federal employees and get tested twice a week. Sadly can't partake.

is this some kind fo fanmade card? what is an energy counter? what are those lightning bolt symbols? is this the new mana?

New in Kaladesh.

>get tested twice a week.

I know it's not your fault, but that's an absurd waste of tax dollars

If you do go with pizza/finger food put out lots of napkins or use tooth picks depending

>We're all federal employees and get tested twice a week.

what the actual fuck.

We also have mandated "Morale Mondays" where the man buys catered Subway. We aren't allowed to take the leftovers home, and I know for a fact they just throw it out. We waste about $175 worth of sandwiches every week because no one wants that disgusting stuff.

i'm almost glad i quit after innistrad rotated

wait.. the government has a mandated contract with a single corporation? America is interesting

>We're all federal employees and get tested twice a week.

I've heard employment drug tests are common in America, but I find this very difficult to believe.

Also, how is this even legal? Why don't they screen your caloric consumption and activity level to make sure you will be healthy, productive, and not cost their insurance a lot?

are they drawing blood or making you take a piss?
if they're drawing blood wouldn't that straight up eventually collapse your veins n shit?

I'm assuming it's urine or a swab.

I don't do drugs, but I would still refuse to work for a company or agency that enforced mandatory drug testing.

Piss. Also the occasional spit swab.

Same. The only time my company does drug testing is before hiring and if a major accident occurs. That's the way it should be, really.

Is it common for companies to do drug tests before hiring?

I'm Canadian and from my experience and what I've heard, drug tests are not common here. I work in a federal laboratory and they don't conduct drug tests.

A friend of mine lives in the US and he was telling me about the frequency of drug tests, it was kind of shocking.

because they don't count food as a "drug"
Florida here, I've so far been tested before working at supermarkets and drugstores like Walgreens that have pharmacies. I haven't been drug tested to work at a convenience store, gas station, or fast food

Every job I've gotten required a drug test, but Im a welder so it makes sense to me. The weird ones were gas stations and stuff when I was younger. Didn't get why they cared as long as the person isn't on hard drugs or blatantly using during work.

Dude, you have power. Cater something else more friendly to everyone. Is there no choice? Subway is indeed crap, but who would want the leftovers anyway? Hours of danger zone held food? Bad idea. Soup and bakery bread is better than that ick.

Tenders aren't so horrible if they are true picky eaters, just make them as well as you can. Dredge them in mayo or dijonnaise, to make the breadcrumbs adhere, and pat them into some ranch panko shake n bake. They should get very golden and crunchy with little effort. Bake on release foil to keep all the breading intact. Then whip up a hot dipping sauce, or some inglehoffer honey mustard thinned with a little butter. Go ahead and add a second pan in the oven of some veggies/potatoes to roast alongside it, or a big pot of mashed potatoes. Have a nice chocolate cream pie or favorite dessert. If your mates are big eaters, and you want flexible dinner time, a crock pot full of chili or sloppy joes, or some kind of insanely good beef stew allows for seconds, and flexible eating.

>danger zone held food
They don't handle any raw meat at Subway though. Everything they get is precooked and they heat it up in a microwave or toaster oven.

assuming the sandwiches don't come dressed i wouldn't worried about cured meats being in the danger zone for a few hours

Yea no, those sliced vegetables were sitting out a long time before they went into those sandwiches with their other shredded up lettuce and rotting vegetables, might even have come bagged and not even sliced there. With lots of surface area, and a guy who may or may not have washed his hand or used that glove touching the food inbetween handling money. When was the last time he actually washed that slicing knife that scrapes across a cutting board they wipe off onto the floor with their hand or a dirty towel? Or when did they slice that meat, and put that bloody roast beef next to the turkey slice inbetween paper and stuffed into a fridge? What about the fact they made dozens of sandwiches hours before you got them so it could be delivered inbetween lines of customers in the store.

Oh but it's cured meat, it must be safe, then. Highly trained hospital cooks made it in their sterile working prep station.

You sound just as paranoid as me.

Maybe the drug testing is actually an initiative to promote more small business?

>twice a week
bullshit

Okay.

>Every job I've gotten required a drug test, but Im a welder so it makes sense to me.
Why does that make sense to you?

Why would someone smoking weed in their leisure time impact their welding ability?

I'm always surprised that freedom-loving Americans defend this practice. They freak out at most government regulations, even the ones that make a lot of sense, yet when a private company does it, it's totally fine. Yeah, you can "get a job elsewhere", but when every place does this that isn't an option.

what branch of the government?

Security drone for the DOI.

same man

Innistrad was neat as fuck but everything that came after it just looks like a steaming turd to me, Dark Ascension looked like garbage when it turned out it was becoming yet another ANGLES AND DEMENS story.

Just get them to fucking wash

>Why does that make sense to you?
It's insurance company/liability reasons in most cases where machinery exists in the workplace, that can lead to workman's comp cases, or else injury of others (such as a UPS driver). It stands to reason (and I'm sure someone has stats to back this up) that people who leisurely do things can bring it to work too, either through a mistakes with their time the night before, half-lives and all that, or have lowered inhibitions, or even addiction. They consort with criminals in their free time, and might even be open to do illegal things at work due to fears of being found out, or else lingering debt with the people they owe.
That leads the second risk, people who have secure positions that might babble while under the influence or be susceptible to bribes, due to the above reasons. People who make trusted judgement decisions should not have regular use of drugs, whether they be pilots or people who carry weapons.

kek looking for what?
BLM? looking for illegal stuff in national parks?

That's one shitty custom card.
>made in cardsmith
>really shitty flavor text
>crappy version of broken card
>legendary permanent that has to be sacrificed

Looking for a paycheck to support my tequila and trading card addiction.

what need does the doi have with security drones

Boiled frozen chicken tenders.

I watch the door and check badges.

holy shit you get tested twice a week for that

just, why

also, make meat bread, thats what i do for my dnd group

Probably because I'm a worker drone in a generally minority job. Please explain meat bread as I am retarded.

dont think too hard about this

>epic racism meme

>cutting up a genuine chink fake

Why waste like 20 cent? Fucking retard.

It's called food industry standards.

>why
Because our government is retarded and thinks you can't possibly watch a door and check ids if you smoked the whacky tabaccy the night before.

Because I want a sober person working around a machine that produces thousands of degrees of heat. There's also a lot of heavy shit being moved around constantly, and as responsible as you might be with smoking weed, most are pretty fucking dumb and smoke before work. It's just a safety thing dude. Same reason I take off all jewelry before work.

Speaking a a socially stunted former MtG player, well-made "comfort food" items

Your best meatloaf recipe with skin-on mash and steamed carrots

Marinate chicken with garlic and fennel, stuff it with good ham and cheeses, dredge in seasoned breadcrumbs and bake.

Real mac and cheese.

So... it's a nasty inverted sandwich with meat sagged in grease and oil?

I usually just get pizza and we take a break from playing to eat in order to avoid getting grease on the cards.

Also, double sleeve your deck.

Does this go in the dog or the waffle folder?

You need to create a new waffledog folder.
Don't worry, you'll find enough pictures of this specific group to justify it.

I don't want to make any new directories because I'm running low on hard drive space

Download more RAM.

Deleting system 32 should free up some space.

its meat shoved in a loaf of bread

this one has optional bacon top

That bread is going to be soggy as fuck regardless, man.

waffles and nutella

its meatbread, its MtG

its a fitting food

When I have friends over when I'm running D&D I tend to cook a meal for the game based on what the characters will be eating. Will they be in a tavern at some point? Stew it is. On the road? Hope they like hard tack.

I think I need to get checked for autism.

Did we ever get the recipe?

I'm Canadian as well, from what I've been told the RCMP does tests like that.

I'm a pharmacy technician in Florida and have only had to pee once upon hire. I handle narcotics on my own every night for at least two hours. It's weird that they don't want my pee, but I guess nothing had gone missing yet so they have no reason to care.

>worked at McDonalds
>coworker would go into the freezer and snort something every few hours
>management knew and did nothing because he was unproductive without whatever he was doing

my old DM used to make a whole table of picnic nibbles... stuffed focaccias, hot wings, a big ass greek salad, homemade coleslaw... but theres a lot less touching with D&D and i cant imagine you want greasy hands on cards

nah man youre awesome, unless youre one of those pricks who blows up if someone wants to chew gum or eat a granola bar from their jacket pocket cause it "breaks the ambience"

i already replied but the whole damn thread is people yelling about drugtesting instead of offering OP advice so...

a variety of finger sandwiches and oat bars or something are "safe" foods, potato wedges and tendies can be awesome if you have dip going, and have wet naps out where the food is to protect your cards

This is kind of bullshit. Companies test for THC ONLY because it's still somehow legal and it's easy to detect for up to 30 days.

Things like alcohol and meth are equally, if not more, compromising than marijuana and are undetectable in the urine after a few days at most.

I live in a state with legalized and inexpensive recreational marijuana, and every business still tests for it only because they can... even though the test is basically worthless as an indicator of compromised behavior. It can't tell them anything other than you have used marijuana at least once in the past ~30 days.

Also, something most people don't realize about marijuana testing is that the threshold for detectable quantity in your urine varies greatly from test to test. The more expensive tests have a tighter threshold which ironically leads them to be less accurate and more prone to false positives.

I GENERALLY PREFER HANDHELD SAUSAGES OR CHICKEN VITTLES. SOMETHING MEATY AND SATISFYING. DONT FORGET THE MAYO-BBQ SAUCE.